Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU (32195 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / Student Replies ASUU On What He Has Learnt During The Long Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bluefilm: 11:50am On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:
[s]Instead of answering simple questions, u are insulting. It just shows u have nothing upstairs despite u are boasting that u are a lecturer. A lecturer is an intellectual who isn't intimidated by questions & who doesn't allow his emotions get d better of him when he is confronted with simple questions. Ur case is different. I asked u simple questions, u couldn't answer & I talking about something completely unrelated. How do u then lecture and mark scripts of ur students? How did u become a lecturer when u can't answer simple questions & then u begin spilling ur emotions like a child who lost his lollypop to a bully[/s]?

Who the _fuck is this dunce bikonu?

This silly dude asked me why can't the government pull the bvn of lecturers from the banks.

I told the bitch that the bvn is not the only information required.

The useless dude told me that he didn't see anywhere in the article where it was stated that staff nos. should be submitted too.

I told the bitch that as an insider, I have seen the form which ASUU members where asked to fill and other information such as staff number, year of retirement where also required.

So what part of the entire conversation don't you comprehend?

Nonsense. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by tellmoon(m): 11:50am On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
OK.
But come to think of it o, this BVN thing is flawed. It is flawed in the sense that one man can still have multiple bvn attached to multiple accounts. Just do it across different banks and claim you were unbanked or without account hitherto. As long as the fingerprints aren't fed into a supercomputer that checks every account holder against all other existing account holder, it is highly flawed.
can U show us one person with two BVN?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by KrazyDave16(m): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

Is there any regulation prohibiting Lecturers earning wages as visiting Lecturers, external examiner etc?

I don't think there is (not that I know of)
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Eteka1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

The question is not whether it is wrong or right. The question is whether ther is any regulation against it now.
Yes. The civil service rules do not allow you to work for the same Government in two different capacities and be captured more than once in the payroll.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Guzel: 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Cyberterror:
These lecturers are very corrupt. They have multiple accounts. Many of them teach in private universities too and draw salaries from there in breach of federal civil service laws. That's why they are resisting application of BVN and IPPIS .

Lecturers are not employed under federal civil service rules and regulations neither are they Civil servants hence the initial objection of inclusion into Ippis which is tagged a civil service platform.
No law is against lecturers teaching in two universities. The rule is simple, one must be on full time while the rest must be on part time basis. Sabatical does not mean “teaching in two universities”. It comes once in 6 years. Some spend more than one year in accumulated sabatical leave.

5 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by hybridblood07(m): 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
You've a point bro. Like I said, If the FG gives them all their entitlement, they won't look elese where
Olumyyde:

Everyone has responsibilities. It has nothing to do with a particular set of people. It's universal.

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
Yes. The civil service rules do not allow you to work for the same Government in two different capacities and be

captured more than once in the payroll.
Lecturers are NOT Civil servants
That is a common assumption and misconception but it is wrong
Civil service rules do not apply to the universities

Reference the Universities Autonomy Act 2003/2007
By the way can you provide a citation for this rules you are referencing?

4 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
Yes. The civil service rules do not allow you to work for the same Government in two different capacities and be captured more than once in the payroll.
By the way Consultants Physicians who teach draw salaries from the university for teaching and from the hospitals(Ministry of health) for treatment

I really would like to see the Rule you are citing

Any source?

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Amotolongbo(f): 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
seyilabi:

Your foolishness is out this world for supporting curruption . Are you a lecturer?
what is this good for nothing saying?

Can you please send your message in English language!

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by moderatedguy: 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
OK.
But come to think of it o, this BVN thing is flawed. It is flawed in the sense that one man can still have multiple bvn attached to multiple accounts. Just do it across different banks and claim you were unbanked or without account hitherto. As long as the fingerprints aren't fed into a supercomputer that checks every account holder against all other existing account holder, it is highly flawed.
Account name can be used to trace ur bvn
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lx3as(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
DigitalBrands01:
Not sure this is a big deal here.
Give them your BVN and get paid. Simple!

Many of them are working with 2 or more govt Universities.. BVN will expose this.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Legendguru: 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Really
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Cotton(m): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
kutashi:

Just return your certicate to your school if you have any at all!
You are just too ..... I don't want to say it but very sure you are from bottom-right of Nigeria!
Oponu people everywhere
He doesn't have! I was so upset by his post. Ignorance faking intelligence.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
luckgood:
Any lecturer objecting to this idea should be sack ASAP. No time for insolence and corruption.

But wait o!..are they not prof? They should now better now!!

I dey vex!!! angry
Nor dey vex, Lol..
Don't be deceived as well. FG doesn't want to pay but wants to score political goal as evident in comments above.

The only reason ASUU is not on IPPIS is because they haven't relinquished their BVN to FG. If they do, them don automatically join IPPIS be that.

FG has been paying them over the years, why suddenly requesting for BVN to pay this time?

Come to think of it, if FG wants the BVN of every Nigerian in this country, is it difficult for them to get? No. It's just not legal & that's why they're using this small pikin sense.

So, yes, the Profs understand it, that's why they're rejecting it.

5 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by gentlelyfe(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
If Government actually want to fight corruption in this country, why haven't they force all politicians to be paid salaries n allowances via IPPIS. Between the political sector and education sector, which is more corrupt?

I see some piple criticising ASUU for fighting for the education sector in Nigeria, have you for one day sat down and imagine how the universities would look like without the intermittent intervention of ASUU via the strike action. Do u think that the FG gives a damn about education in Nigeria, are their children even schooling in Nigeria,?.... Let's divert a little to the health sector; have u ever wondered why a place like "aso rock" in Nigeria don't have the best medical facility in the country?....(thank God covid-19 came from those countries they normally travel to for medical tourism, if not, "all of them" would have disappeared from d country leaving us behind to our fate).

So with these things and many other issues, I don't see any reason why ASUU shd be punished for refusing to join IPPIS and the Minister of education even "lied" publicly that he wasn't aware of the owed salaries.

I don't blame those who fight against the teachers that taught them to become who n what they are today, I blame the Nigerian system...its only God that can help us

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by sapientia(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Those of you whose problem is collecting salary from 2 schools.

I want to ask.

Do you want them to collect a month salary for lecturing in 2 schools.

Government should focus on ensuring that there is a way to know how many hours a lecturer spends lecturing or doing academic work monthly.

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
gamechanger1:

I had always wondered what the big deal was in registering for the ipps; after all other civil servants are registered there and they get their salaries without issues.
Are you sure they get their salaries without issues?

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
SavageMaster:

Is this not the same thing as enrolling them into IPPIS through the backdoor? FG and ASUU have not finished resolving their IPPIS palaver. Why is FG lying and trying to deceive and trick the lecturers into enrolling for IPPIS?

Exactly you just get the hint sir
FG know what they are doing
They intensionally bring up this BVN in order to confuse Nigerian in general
Have said it earlier on that this BVN is just another IPPIS that's why ASUU refuse to drop their BVN to their various vice chancellors for verification.

A lay man won't understand the logic behind this BVN
FG intentionally use this to confuse the public
Because people like you, me and other members of the public will just feel like bvn is nothing
Why is ASUU holding on to it
Then we start bashing ASUU
I'm sure that's the game plan.

Peace be unto you

2 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
I am still waiting for you to substantiate this

I already gave you the example of Consultants who teach medical students getting paid by the university and also by the hospitals (Ministry of health) for treatment of patients

2 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
gamechanger1:

I had always wondered what the big deal was in registering for the ipps; after all other civil servants are registered there and they get their salaries without issues.
Not all sir. NDIC, NNPC, CBN, Politicians etc ain't on IPPIS. Do your research again.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

Who the _fuck is this dunce bikonu?

This silly dude asked me why can't the government pull the bvn of lecturers from the banks.

I told the bitch that the bvn is not the only information required.

The useless dude told me that he didn't see anywhere in the article where it was stated that staff nos. should be submitted too.

I told the bitch that as an insider, I have seen the form which ASUU members where asked to fill and other information such as staff number, year of retirement where also required.

So what part of the entire conversation don't you comprehend?

Nonsense. lipsrsealed

D only thing u have been able to prove is that insults are ur only means of communication. It shows that ur emotions are controlling u more than ur intellect is controlling u. When someone like u decides to use unprovoked insult as a means of communication, it only demonstrates d fact that u have nothing upstairs. Even looking at d kind of gutter and pedestrian language u use& to still say u are a lecturer, is an insult to d profession. If u insist that u are a lecturer, then u are an absolute disgrace to not only d profession, but to d students that u say u teach.

Let's look at how u have further entangled and ridiculed urself. According to u:
1. I asked why can't the government pull the bvn of lecturers from the banks.

In ur response (still according to u) u said:
2. BVN isn't d only information required.

Did I ask u if bvn was or wasn't d only info required? Don't u no how to answer a question that begins with d word "why"? When a question starts with "why", it simply means give d reason behind a certain action or decision. As a lecturer that u claim u are, u don't even understand that.

To make it worse, u started talking about form requiring "ASUU members to provide
information such as staff number, year of retirement where also required". What is d relationship between govt not getting BVN themselves and form being filled? Did I ask u if ASUU members are filling form or if d govt is demanding other info other than bvn?

Dude, u really need to go back to school and refund d salary u have been paid back to ur employer. Cos am sorry for d future of d people u say u are teaching
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
KenOne:
With this ground standing of ASUU not providing BVN for payment of their salary it's obvious ASUU members have multiple jobs making it difficult for people without jobs to have job.

ASUU members needs to free up the space so that other unemployed Nigerians can be employed as lecturers instead of lecturing in multiple universities and drawing multiple salaries.

I had a lecturer that taught me during my post graduate days he was lecturing in my university in Port Harcourt and also lecturing in Benue state at the same time, one week in Port Harcourt two weeks in Benue.

These are the universities i know, i am pretty sure he has more universities he's lecturing.
Does FG pay Lecturers in Benue State University?

2 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lisaint:

1) The accountant General pay after the vetting process
2) The bvn is to confirm that you have one salary account only
Since you can only use one bvn for all your account
They will only pay you for the salary account you use in the original institution you are lecturing.

If you are a lecturer on Futa
And you use Polaris as your salary account
They will only pay for the services you render at futa into your Polaris account

If you now the type that also lecture at uniben
For sure you won't use the Polaris your using at Futa
You will use another account number or different bank entirely

They will only pay you for futa
Which means you will forgo your salary at uniben
Cause you can't be working in two schs
With one bvn

Let's take it one after d other:

1. Do d VCs pay cash to their staff?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Mace0lane: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
But if they sacked all protesting lectures n hire fresh ones you will be here wailing like a lunatic again.
Amotolongbo:
Na FG still go bend last.

From IPPIS to BVN not made available.
See as the FG has been shifting base.

Only the ASUU has the scrotum of the Federal government in its hand to squeeze anyhow it likes.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
lx3as:

Many of them are working with 2 or more govt Universities.. BVN will expose this.

Can d govt not get d bvn of lecturers without asking them for it?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Eteka1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
omonnakoda:

I am still waiting for you to substantiate this

I already gave you the example of Consultants who teach medical students getting paid by the university and also by the hospitals (Ministry of health) for treatment of patients
Not to worry, I will get a copy or a link of the civil service rules for you when I'm less busy.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
Eteka1:
Not to worry, I will get a copy or a link of the civil service rules for you when I'm less busy.
You agree Lecturers are not civil servants?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by gamechanger1: 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ibegtodiffer:

Not all sir. NDIC, NNPC, CBN, Politicians etc ain't on IPPIS. Do your research again.
Oh ok, I dont really know much about it, I assumed all government workers are captured. Anyways I wonder why the lecturers don't want to adopt it
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Ibegtodiffer: 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

ASUU is corrupt.

Unfortunately for them, they are dealing with a federal government that is very very tricky this time around.

Covid19 has given the federal government the negotiating edge as of now.

Some ASUU members who were previously stubborn about the IPPIS issue are now so weakened financially because of the pandemic.

Even their ASUU strike has been rendered so inconsequential by Covid19.

A lot of them will just crawl back to the Federal government on their knees now in shame and total defeat.

ASUU is useless.
ASUU is definitely not useless.

It is informed people like you who really need to do a little more research to know that over 85% of funds that ASUU is fighting for is ABSOLUTELY not for them and definitely not going to them.

It is this kind of disposition that has wipped out memories of government Primary & Secondary schools.., & probably, Universities will join.

Apart from fuel subsidy (which is now gone), the only thing the poor masses benefit from FG is University Education subsidy. If that one goes, then we're doomed.

The elites have prepared & positioned their children for such a time already (Abroad study + dual citizenship), but what most of you see is ASUU as problem.

Time will tell. We pray it won't be late.

3 Likes

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Tomide007: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
OK.
No its not. .when I wanted to open an account with stanbic, I placed my hand on their biometric device and it popped up my BVN details.....bvn is not managed by banks but by CBN. Everything goes into one database.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Let's take it one after d other:

1. Do d VCs pay cash to their staff?

No...
The office of the accountant general pay
But there's a modality
That have to be followed
Now FG demand that VCs Vet BVN before
ACGF pays
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Yankee101: 2:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Na FG still go bend last.

From IPPIS to BVN not made available.
See as the FG has been shifting base.

Only the ASUU has the scrotum of the Federal government in its hand to squeeze anyhow it likes.

They don't

They begged to be paid, hunger wan finish them

BVN will do the same thing as IPPIS...expose multiple salaries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Official Statement From Queens College Management + The Protest Ongoing*Photos* / Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.