Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU (32199 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / Student Replies ASUU On What He Has Learnt During The Long Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
bluefilm:

So you believe that because I'm a lecturer, I shouldn't be using foul language?

Well, you are so wrong, sir.

Sorry to disappoint you but this is nairaland, and not my lecturer room,okay?

I sensed you wanted to argue, and I had to cut you short from ab initio.

From the little encounter we've had so far, I can easily discern that you are a very proud person.

And that will certainly be a very big problem for you in this life.

Next time when you want to ask a question, try and do so with intelligence and humility.

Maybe then, someone will be compassionate enough to give you the answer you are seeking for.

Thank you.

It is characteristic of people who are intellectually deficient to express themselves d way u do. That puts u far far away from being a lecturer. If u are one, then u are a disgrace. U are using foul language because u have nothing upstairs. U are using foul language because u have absolutely no rational explanation as to why d govt is asking lecturers for their bvn instead of getting it themselves from CBN records. Its a surprise that such a simple question can expose u. So speaking of intelligence & humility, it wouldn't have cost u anything to simply say u don't no d reason why instead of talking about form lecturers are filling. So where my intelligence stops is actually were yours begins. If u call that pride, then u better step up ur game.

So whether u are in your "lecturer room" or nairaland, it shouldn't stop u from displaying decorum& intellectualism. I don't see how ur being on nairaland should make u display crass agbero traits in a simple discussion. U can't give what u don't have. Even if u are in Buckingham palace, u will still display d traits of someone who lacks decorum& intellect. Don't blame d environment. Take responsibility for your liability.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
wanger50:
It will uncover dubious lecturers operating several accounts using them to draw salaries from several government sources

Can't d govt not get d bvn details from CBN itself?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

I have seen this your question on this thread more than 5 times.
What exactly are you driving at with the boring line? If you think it is a sensible question, now let me answer you.

No, the VCs dont pay cash, they pay through the bank. Essentially they don't need the BVN, just acc details for crediting their accounts are sufficient.

But what VCs dont do is to verify if a lecturer is on the full salary payroll of another fed university (assuming the VC is in a fed uni) because that is not his business.

Now, it is the business of the fed govt, since it is ultimately responsible for the payment of all fed workers and in an effort to prevent situations where one worker gets paid more than once, it needs the BVN to do that. A lecturer shuttling between state, fed and private varsities commits no offence, but between two fed unis with different salary accounts is an offence.

Some of these lecturers are also on full salary with other fed govt agencies. Unacceptable.

Now, ask the next question.

Whether I choose to ask my question ten times or a hundred times isn't ur business. U aren't under any obligation to answer any question I ask whether they be "boring" or not. And ur tagging of my question boring is even a contradiction of d epistle that u wrote. D question I asked required a simple yes or no. I didn't require this unwanted epistle
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Simplyleo: 10:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Whether I choose to ask my question ten times or a hundred times isn't ur business. U aren't under any obligation to answer any question I ask whether they be "boring" or not. And ur tagging of my question boring is even a contradiction of d epistle that u wrote. D question I asked required a simple yes or no. I didn't require this unwanted epistle
Yes, the "epistle" is a preemptive response to what you are apparently driving at which is completely at variance with logic.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lisaint:

No...
The office of the accountant general pay
But there's a modality
That have to be followed
Now FG demand that VCs Vet BVN before
ACGF pays

Good. So we are getting somewhere. What are d modalities u are referring? According to u d FG thru d office of d accountant general pays d lecturers which means it uses electronic transfers. And if electronic transfers are d means of payment, that means d accountant general has their account numbers& if so, then getting or investigating d bvn of d lecturers shouldn't be a problem. Are we in agreement on that?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Simplyleo:

Yes, the "epistle" is a preemptive response to what you are apparently driving at which is completely at variance with logic.

my question wasn't directed at u so how are u able to decipher d direction am driving at? And if that's d case, then u obviously d one who is at variance with logic because I didn't require all d many info u volunteered
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by zicoy6k: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have read many comments here and realized that almost everyone has no idea how the university system works and they are quick to make ignorant comments. There is a lot to say but I'll just focus on lecturers teaching in more than one university.

ASUU COLLECTING MULTIPLE SALARIES?

One. As at today there is no Nigerian University that is okay with its staffing needs, probably only the 1st and 2nd generation ones. Most of the remaining Universities including those set up by Presidents Jonathan and later Buhari are surviving due to:

1 Sabbatical staffers
2 Visiting staffers
3 Contract staffers

Most of these staffers are recruited from the existing staffers of other federal Universities. These same staffers are the ones servicing most state and private universities.

Consequently, going by FG insistence on IPPIS, it is saying to other universities to close shop, because with this payment method in place, all staffers spread through out the country, earning legitimate salary will either forfeit their main salary or the allowances as a result of servicing other universities that need their services.

Two, the current number of academic staffers which is about 40,000 is grossly inadequate for FG and State Universities, that is why there is the need for adjunct staffers from within.

Three, the idea that we should recruit new staffers from the large pool of unemployed youth in the country is not tenable, because there is the policy of Staff Mix as enshrined in the NUC BMAS, you can not just employ a Professor or Senior Lecturer from the open market.

So you see, FG policy inconsistencies is the bane. They are always setting up new universities without concurrent staff ration on ground. If the Managements of the institutions in trying to survive recruit sabbatical, visiting and contract staffers from within the system, the FG accuse them of paying same staffers double salaries and you want to use IPPIS or another policy to weed out ghost workers.

So you see! ASUU is trying to protect the system from all angles. If the FG does not want sabbatical and other adjunct staffers in other universities as it is derailing the system, let them close ALL universities using them as their permanent staffers. It is as simple as that.

By so doing most State Universities and newly created FG universities will cease to exist. Forget about Private universities, they are surviving because of this same system that the FG abhors.

It should be noted that sabbatical and visiting staffing are common practices in academia all over the world.

ASUU is not a one armed bandit as it is portrayed. It is the Union that is the saviour of the system. If today ASUU will be adamant and say "hey go to hell, let all our members stay in their original places of work, no more sabbatical, visiting and other adjunct services", half of the universities will close shop.

Hate or love the Union, for ASUU it is inconsequential!

Starve the staffers to death!

Strangle the educational system to death!

Deliberately kill the educational system!

ASUU will continue to fight.

If the Union survived the subversive boots of the military, babbar riga and gowns of the civilians can not be that intimidative!

Dare to confront injustice!

ASUU is not out to court SYMPATHY!

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by kolotar: 1:45am On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by agabusta: 6:14am On Apr 24, 2020
omonnakoda:
The reason the so called advanced countries are ahead of us is because of how they manage their intelligentsia.
We have 2000 Nigerian trained doctors in the UK.
Think for one moment of the cost of producing them and the opportunity cost of not retaining them.

Two weeks ago we had a crisis in Rivers state about EXPATRIATES

why are we not producing people who can do the jobs of these expatriates

Why is it unlikely that a cure for coronavirus will come from Nigeria

This is an artificial and unnecessary crisis created by a government with a military mindset that does not value human capital.

The government is trying to control the universities something they couldn't do under the military government.

Now they want to have the switch for Lecturer salaries in Abuja where they can turn it off and on at will for any reason.

The reality is this CANNOT succeed. It will only succeed in reducing quality which is at an all time low.

If this is about fraud there are enough laws to tackle that.

This is about CONTROL.
They do this because their children do not attend these universities.

The people cheering need exposure to how the foreign universities that Buhari and Osinbajo send their children work.

It is very sad because the damage of 2 months ago battle cannot be undone in 20 years.

Eventually you end up with people not fit to teach in secondary schools as university lecturers

FG is simply trying to avoid duplication in payments. How hard is this?

There is nothing like a switch for lecturers salary. The FG has direct staff in all the states of the federation, and no one's salary has ever been switched on and off like a tap.

So far you guys want to keep drawing salaries from the FG, you must submit to the procedures set out by FG to curtail fraud.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 6:20am On Apr 24, 2020
agabusta:

There is nothing like a switch for lecturers salary. The FG has direct staff in all the states of the federation, and no one's salary has ever been switched on and off like a tap.

So far you guys want to keep drawing salaries from the FG, you must submit to the procedures set out by FG to curtail fraud.
You have no manners.
Who is you guys who told youn I am a Lecturer? Oponu
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 6:21am On Apr 24, 2020
agabusta:

You have no manners.
You think everyone here is your coeval?
Stop quoting me blockhead
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by eldeens: 6:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Integrafamoo:

Can't such universities recruit? There are many qualified candidates looking for in all fields

There are some specialized programmes that we have few lecturers to teach, so the need for the visiting, the minimum requirement to lecture is PhD, and for a course to be accredited, it must has atleast six qualified staff, atleast 1 professor/reader, 2 senior lecturers and 3 lecturer l&below, all with PhDs. Although it's mostly the private and state universities that have this problem, I agreed with you, the state and private universities should employ more staff or rather train their staff. For federal universities, the FG should employ and also encourage staff training and research

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by agabusta: 6:25am On Apr 24, 2020
omonnakoda:

You have no manners.
You think everyone here is your coeval?
Stop quoting me blockhead

I even thought this thing na sane being.

You are obviously an idiot for trying to claim status on a faceless forum.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 6:27am On Apr 24, 2020
agabusta:

I even thought this thing na sane being.

You are obviously an idiot for trying to claim status on a faceless forum.
Sure you are not an idiot just stop quoting me and get lost
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by AAA593: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2020
zicoy6k:
I have read many comments here and realized that almost everyone has no idea how the university system works and they are quick to make ignorant comments. There is a lot to say but I'll just focus on lecturers teaching in more than one university.

One. As at today there is no Nigerian University that is okay with its staffing needs, probably only the 1st and 2nd generation ones. Most of the remaining Universities including those set up by Presidents Jonathan and later Buhari are surviving due to:

1 Sabbatical staffers
2 Visiting staffers
3 Contract staffers

Most of these staffers are recruited from the existing staffers of other federal Universities. These same staffers are the ones servicing most state and private universities.

Consequently, going by FG insistence on IPPIS, it is saying to other universities to close shop, because with this payment method in place, all staffers spread through out the country, earning legitimate salary will either forfeit their main salary or the allowances as a result of servicing other universities that need their services.

Two, the current number of academic staffers which is about 40,000 is grossly inadequate for FG and State Universities, that is why there is the need for adjunct staffers from within.

Three, the idea that we should recruit new staffers from the large pool of unemployed youth in the country is not tenable, because there is the policy of Staff Mix as enshrined in the NUC BMAS, you can not just employ a Professor or Senior Lecturer from the open market.

So you see, FG policy inconsistencies is the bane. They are always setting up new universities without concurrent staff ration on ground. If the Managements of the institutions in trying to survive recruit sabbatical, visiting and contract staffers from within the system, the FG accuse them of paying same staffers double salaries and you want to use IPPIS or another policy to weed out ghost workers.

So you see! ASUU is trying to protect the system from all angles. If the FG does not want sabbatical and other adjunct staffers in other universities as it is derailing the system, let them close ALL universities using them as their permanent staffers. It is as simple as that.

By so doing most State Universities and newly created FG universities will cease to exist. Forget about Private universities, they are surviving because of this same system that the FG abhors.

It should be noted that sabbatical and visiting staffing are common practices in academia all over the world.

ASUU is not a one armed bandit as it is portrayed. It is the Union that is the saviour of the system. If today ASUU will be adamant and say "hey go to hell, let all our members stay in their original places of work, no more sabbatical, visiting and other adjunct services", half of the universities will close shop.

If the Union survived the subversive boots of the military, babbar riga and gowns of the civilians can not be that intimidative!

This it. I clap for you. Well done Sir.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by wanger50(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
lexy2014:

Can't d govt not get d bvn details from CBN itself?
Except for issues of national security, the government is not legally allowed to retrieve bvn's
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by zona01: 11:52am On Apr 24, 2020
An enquiry into Niyi Osundare’s ‘The leader and the led‘ depicts different kinds of politicians who fight for power and leadership positions in Nigeria & Africa. The poem ‘The leader and the led’ by Niyi Osundare has 12 stanzas. Each stanza of the first seven stanzas has contrasting ideas, which presents the problems of leadership in Africa while the remaining stanzas proffer possible solutions. Each stanza carries unique meaning related to the understanding of the poem. Continue reading at https://kisswriters.com/an-enquiry-into-niyi-osundares-the-leader-and-the-led/
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
wanger50:
Except for issues of national security, the government is not legally allowed to retrieve bvn's

Really? Who issued d bvn to d lecturers in d first place? What are d issues of "national security" are u referring to?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
zicoy6k:

1 Sabbatical staffers
2 Visiting staffers
3 Contract staffers

Bros thumbs up. U are highly blessed
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 12:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
agabusta:

Which duplication in payments are u referring?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by osazsky(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
lexy2014:

Which duplication in payments are u referring?
so u don't know that some lecturers are already in ippis ...are u in Nigeria? Most especially uniben ...so they should pay those ones that got registered for ippis twice....that's d reason for d bvn duplication of payment .does FG ask for bvn before now
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2020
osazsky:
so u don't know that some lecturers are already in ippis ...are u in Nigeria? Most especially uniben ...so they should pay those ones that got registered for ippis twice....that's d reason for d bvn duplication of payment .does FG ask for bvn before now

Did I ask u if am in Nigeria or abroad? Which duplication in payments are u referring to? U haven't answered d question. U are just rambling without passing across any useful information
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by zicoy6k: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2020
osazsky:

If that is their intention, then they they don't need the Lecturers to fill any form. The required details can be provided by the bursary department.

Given the antecedent of the Finance Minister and the gimmicks of AGF, ASUU is trying to prevent possible backdoor registration of her members into the IPPIS platform. Many staff have been enrolled in the IPPIS platform using their BVN without physically presenting themselves for capturing.

If you have been following the struggles of ASUU and what this government is capable of, you will know that there's more than meets the eye on the part of the minister of finance and AGF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention / Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.