Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU (32197 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary / Student Replies ASUU On What He Has Learnt During The Long Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
This is never the issue now.

The big news is that the implosion of the zoo is imminent. That's the greatest headache of the cabal monsters... IT IS TOO LATE!!!

Simplyleo:

They don't have to.

If your fingerprints have ever been used for BVN, it cant be used again. The machine will continue rejecting any further attempts.

Note, the machines are integrated to a single server which issues a BVN upon confirmation it was never used for same purpose.
[/s]
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bizzibodi(m): 2:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Why pay them are they not on strike?their services is not needed for now angry angry angry
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Peppermintflav: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Person employ you give u work, the person say make you bring BVN you say no
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by segzy3(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lawsimon:

Get understanding bro.

The FG is trying to avoid multiple payment to same BVN

ASUU think they are wise

FG has caught the greedy folks below their belt.
u got the point.they dont want to pay twice to a single bvn
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by wanger50(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
DonMustafa:
Is it still possible to operate accounts in Nigeria without BVN? It seems there are people in this country who get away with no following the rules

Anyway, this government is a propaganda government. Buhari announced that he has approved lecturers payment just to score cheap points. His supporters were hailing him. Then they have brought another rule. Before the payment will finally touch lecturers hands, it will be July
It doesn't they didn't have bvn bfr now.It simply means they didn't submit it and they are now being asked to submit it to uncover multiple payments from the same federal government
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by wanger50(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Glink2018:
Our government is wicked. Just hear what they saying. This is a lockdown time. The money was actually paid to cushion the effect of this lockdown, why can we be merciful to ourselves...
They resolved to use the weapon of hunger to finish the lecturers....
God will judge
God will also judge lecturers drawing salaries from several government sources for which bvn can easily uncover
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by wanger50(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

What will bvn do in this situation?
It will uncover dubious lecturers operating several accounts using them to draw salaries from several government sources
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bluefilm: 3:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ibegtodiffer:

ASUU is definitely not useless.

It is informed people like you who really need to do a little more research to know that over 85% of funds that ASUU is fighting for is ABSOLUTELY not for them and definitely not going to them.

This is the usual narrative.

But in reality, you and I know it's a far cry.

But you can choose what to believe.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Lisaint(m): 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Can d govt not get d bvn of lecturers without asking them for it?

No, it's will be called breach of confidential info
Or whatever theh call it

Your bvn number is meant for you only
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Simplyleo: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Let's take it one after d other:

1. Do d VCs pay cash to their staff?
I have seen this your question on this thread more than 5 times.
What exactly are you driving at with the boring line? If you think it is a sensible question, now let me answer you.

No, the VCs dont pay cash, they pay through the bank. Essentially they don't need the BVN, just acc details for crediting their accounts are sufficient.

But what VCs dont do is to verify if a lecturer is on the full salary payroll of another fed university (assuming the VC is in a fed uni) because that is not his business.

Now, it is the business of the fed govt, since it is ultimately responsible for the payment of all fed workers and in an effort to prevent situations where one worker gets paid more than once, it needs the BVN to do that. A lecturer shuttling between state, fed and private varsities commits no offence, but between two fed unis with different salary accounts is an offence.

Some of these lecturers are also on full salary with other fed govt agencies. Unacceptable.

Now, ask the next question.

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by bluefilm: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
lexy2014:
[s]D only thing u have been able to prove is that insults are ur only means of communication. It shows that ur emotions are controlling u more than ur intellect is controlling u. When someone like u decides to use unprovoked insult as a means of communication, it only demonstrates d fact that u have nothing upstairs. Even looking at d kind of gutter and pedestrian language u use& to still say u are a lecturer, is an insult to d profession. If u insist that u are a lecturer, then u are an absolute disgrace to not only dprofession, but to d students that u say u teach.Let's look at how u have further entangled and ridiculed urself. According to u: 1. I asked why can't the government pull the bvn of lecturers from the banks.In ur response (still according to u) u said:2. BVN isn't d only information required.Did I ask u if bvn was or wasn't d only info required? Don't u no how to answer a question that begins with d word "why"? When a question starts with "why", it simply means give d reason behind a certain action or decision. As a lecturer that u claim u are, u don't even understand that.To make it worse, u started talking about form requiring "ASUU members to provideinformation such as staff number, year of retirement where also required". What is d relationship between govt not getting BVN themselves and form being filled? Did I ask u if ASUU members are filling form or if d govt is demanding other info other than bvn?Dude, u really need to go back to school and refund d salary u have been paid back to ur employer. Cos am sorry for d future of d people u say u are teaching[/s]

So you believe that because I'm a lecturer, I shouldn't be using foul language?

Well, you are so wrong, sir.

Sorry to disappoint you but this is nairaland, and not my lecturer room,okay?

I sensed you wanted to argue, and I had to cut you short from ab initio.

From the little encounter we've had so far, I can easily discern that you are a very proud person.

And that will certainly be a very big problem for you in this life.

Next time when you want to ask a question, try and do so with intelligence and humility.

Maybe then, someone will be compassionate enough to give you the answer you are seeking for.

Thank you.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by murmee: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
divineuk:
FG is trying to sort out those ghost lecturers
The Universities know and that is why they are resisting the move. There are a lot of ghost workers, Corruption and multiple employments in Nigerian Universities!
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Superjazz: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Emily22:

You need to see the high level of corruption in the banking sector

I know a guy with two BVN, how possible is that ?

Till today, am still dumbfounded how he did that shit....cuz your fingerprints can only be used once...

Anyways.... anything is possible in this country
If Dem arrest you for fake news now Dem go say persecution abi grin
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by murmee: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Babinski:

I think the BVN is a backdoor way to enroll them to IPPIS since the BVN system has the fingerprint and other details of the BVN holder.
So what is wrong with enrolling them to IPPIS?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
murmee:
It essentially makes them civil servants which they don't want to be .
They fought for a law to protect their independence.

Civil servants are expected to show some degree of loyalty to the government of the day. Lecturers want to be intellectually independent. This was the case even under military rule.

Crucially there is a law under which IPPIS is potentially illegal

The Nigerian Universities Autonomy act 2003

If a Lecturer criticises government they can have thei salaries stopped for no reason

If anyone should join IPPIS it should be NNPC
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by omonnakoda: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2020
murmee:
The Universities know and that is why they are resisting the move. There are a lot of ghost workers, Corruption and multiple employments in Nigerian Universities!
Ghost workers can be rooted out without IPPIS.
There is no evidence that IPPIS will fix the problem

Are we to believe that the FG with all the resources cannot investigate and produce evidence of this?
With EFCC,NFIU etc they cannot provide evidence of ONE GHOST WORKER unless IPPIS IS put in place?
Why no IPPIS for the police or army or NNPC?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Avonjaa: 4:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

I have seen this your question on this thread more than 5 times.
What exactly are you driving at with the boring line? If you think it is a sensible question, now let me answer you.

No, the VCs dont pay cash, they pay through the bank. Essentially they don't need the BVN, just acc details for crediting their accounts are sufficient.

But what VCs dont do is to verify if a lecturer is on the full salary payroll of another fed university (assuming the VC is in a fed uni) because that is not his business.

Now, it is the business of the fed govt, since it is ultimately responsible for the payment of all fed workers and in an effort to prevent situations where one worker gets paid more than once, it needs the BVN to do that. A lecturer shuttling between state, fed and private varsities commits no offence, but between two fed unis with different salary accounts is an offence.

Some of these lecturers are also on full salary with other fed govt agencies. Unacceptable.

Now, ask the next question.
[/s]
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by jrobbins: 4:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Sibrah:
The question is does CBN chech new fingerprints against all existing ones? I doubt they do.

It's automated bro
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Udyawanga: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
I belief that this is a format to bring them back to IPPIS. This issue of IPPIS is the worst scam d federal govt instituted. Those civil servant that thought they are better Nigerians and got enrolled into IPPIS, ask them how their salaries are. Some of them are threatening to back out. If u re in doubt, ask asup and coeasu. ASUU as now is d mouth piece of d whole tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Is a fact that Accounting section of federal govt is using IPPIS to cheat civil servant through taxation. I urge them to fight more as not to fall prey of the federal govt

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by seyilabi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
what is this good for nothing saying?

Can you please send your message in English language!
Am not a British so don't expect me to speak and write all their phonetics but instead you should reply my question. why are you supporting curruption?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Harrykn: 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:
Are people still operating bank account in Nigeria without BVN?

Ask them, This one weak me

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by ridbell01(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Na FG still go bend last.

From IPPIS to BVN not made available.
See as the FG has been shifting base.

Only the ASUU has the scrotum of the Federal government in its hand to squeeze anyhow it likes.
you mean this government send them? You never know this president during GEJ they spent 6 months at home nothing happened and that one even have a bit of human feelings in him but this one that's doesn't hear what people are saying 2 years nothing would happen
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by osazsky(m): 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:
Are people still operating bank account in Nigeria without BVN?
u didn't read before commenting they are to supply thier bvn to d v.c before payment this is to distinguish btw those that they have paid who registered for ippis and does that didn't register..but the bad news is that from on Monday there will be total lockdown across d country fg una too smart...so how do they supply their bvn to d VC who in turn will now transmit to d acc gen..to do this they will need like additional 3 weeks in other to capture everyone moreover some of them are not in town
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by osazsky(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Udyawanga:
I belief that this is a format to bring them back to IPPIS. This issue of IPPIS is the worst scam d federal govt instituted. Those civil servant that thought they are better Nigerians and got enrolled into IPPIS, ask them how their salaries are. Some of them are threatening to back out. If u re in doubt, ask asup and coeasu. ASUU as now is d mouth piece of d whole tertiary institutions in Nigeria. Is a fact that Accounting section of federal govt is using IPPIS to cheat civil servant through taxation. I urge them to fight more as not to fall prey of the federal govt
mine they added about 25k to my salary I was shocked but non academic o...audit dept acc 1 ..8 step 4..its a blessing to me but Sannu kicked against it cuz their dues were reduced
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by osazsky(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
ridbell01:
you mean this government send them? You never know this president during GEJ they spent 6 months at home nothing happened and that one even have a bit of human feelings in him but this one that's doesn't hear what people are saying 2 years nothing would happen
ignore them..they don't know what will hit them...my bro who works with d acc gen said it's a show of mercy not defeat.. after covid 19 even if they strike for 5 year fg will ignore them

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by osazsky(m): 7:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
seyilabi:

Am not a British so don't expect me to speak and write all their phonetics but instead you should reply my question. why are you supporting curruption?
him way be pot belly lecturer in engineering since 1978 he has been teaching the same thing using the same handout.copy and paste yet he cant produce common toothpick or toy car..all this foolish lecturers claiming I too know with nothing upstairs are d prob of this country

1 Like

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Babinski: 7:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
murmee:

Taking a backdoor to enroll people on a progran they have decided not to enroll on is both unethical and immoral. Trust does not increase under those circumstances.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by Waterbear(m): 7:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Just stay home and make your own money..
For get signals..
If you want to learn forex , so you could be trading on your own, join the group, it's free!!
@forexspies

Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by stickle(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Corruption in the citadel of learning.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by lexy2014: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lisaint:

No, it's will be called breach of confidential info
Or whatever theh call it

Your bvn number is meant for you only

Who issued d bvn to d lecturers in d first place?
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by 1stola: 10:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Na FG still go bend last.

From IPPIS to BVN not made available.
See as the FG has been shifting base.

Only the ASUU has the scrotum of the Federal government in its hand to squeeze anyhow it likes.
Be deceiving yourself there u hear!

When hunger reset dier brain, na dem go bend las las.

The entire world is trying to find solutions to a pandemic, na lecturers who dey for na him goverment go dey worry about when oil price don even crash grin

You don't even know this government..

Keep dreaming.
Re: No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU by 1stola: 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Meritocracy:

FG is just been nice to them as nobody is indispensable, they will soon regret the action. Put yourself in position of FG as an employer to employee and what should be your action after exhausting all options. Be sincere to yourself.
Don't mind the illiterate.

Imagine boy boy dictating to òga boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Used English Word On Nairaland For 2017? / Parents To Withdraw Children From Madonna University Over Students’ Detention / Mothers Work Too — Adanma Ohakim Calls Out Son's Teacher Over Gender Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.