Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result (45999 Views)

Poor Result From UNICAL Mathematics Department / Man Storms Ogun School With Thugs To Attack Teacher Who Beat His Daughter / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nairalandbeast1: 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

Spare the rod and spoil the child. I believe you understand that some of these kids need some level of high handedness and in Africa its a plus for parents because they can reset their childrens brains with cane.

I will tell you a true story ...

Growing up my elder brother failed in jss2 and my dad flogged him

Today he is a graduate but he is suffering from depression and post traumatic stress disorder

He remembers that day vividly .....things like that nev3r works out good

Even my dad apologized he knew me made a mistake......

Flogging never solves anything
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Angelfrost(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
ceejeck:

That boy doesn't look like I minor to me, though, he looks like someone being influenced in school by his peers.
I feel that slap was deserving, to restore factory settings.

So do I... It's not a big deal. The useless police just want to feed off the media buzz of the pointless video.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by inspayard(f): 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
The police ppl sef will they be happy if it was their child?abi which sane parent will be happy with that shabby result,ordinary slap to show his anger and disappointment,the boy even had the guts to skip two exams!!mtcheew las las if the man is eventually jailed and he happens to be the breadwinner of the family,maybe the mother that recorded the video will go and be collecting money for upkeep from the same police.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Digmygold: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

I will tell you a true story ...

Growing up my elder brother failed in jss2 and my dad flogged him

Today he is a graduate but he is suffering from depression and post traumatic stress disorder

He remembers that day vividly .....things like that nev3r works out good

Even my dad apologized he knew me made a mistake......

Flogging never solves anything

Maybe the flogging went over board.Flogging get level. Some correct otgers destroy. Me i flog my kids once in a blue moon.

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nairalandbeast1: 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
inspayard:
The police ppl sef will they be happy if it was their child?abi which sane parent will be happy with that shabby result,ordinary slap to show his anger and disappointment,he even had the guts to skip two exams!!mtcheew las las if the man is eventually jailed and he happens to be the breadwinner of the family,maybe the mother that recorded the video will go and be collecting money for upkeep from the same police.

I hope when your husband comes from work and does not see food

And gives you a slap you will be ok with it

At least he pays the bills and paid your bride price
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Zenithpeak(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

Our patents used to hit women is that a norm ?

Hitting a child is wrong and It just makes u scared

Fear is not respect It is a form of intimidation

U want your kid to be able to come to you when there is trouble

So don't chase them or make them scared of u

I am an African man and nothing can change that it is our ways to correct and guide our children the right path in life and we will go extra miles to achieve that
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nairalandbeast1: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Digmygold:

Maybe the flogging went over board.Flogging get level. Some correct otgers destroy. Me i flog my kids once in a blue moon.

Enjoy bruh no one can tell you how to raise your kids

Just remember they have things they could be facing

And it's always good if they can come to you first
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by ChristineC: 1:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:
Now that is a country that works people have rights

You don't have the right to hit anyone

People have to learn

You can't go about slapping a young man because you re his father

That is child abuse
common keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Digmygold: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

Enjoy bruh no one can tell you how to raise your kids

Just remember they have things they could be facing

And it's always good if they can come to you first

I understand your point bro. I will try to adhere. Thanks. Peace.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by friendl: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Make una shut up there ,$21k na small money
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nairalandbeast1: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Zenithpeak:
I am an African man and nothing can change that it is our ways to correct and guide our children the right path in life and we will go extra miles to achieve that

African men are not barbaric

African men are loving and kind

Understanding

And freedom fighters

Who fight against inequality and injustice

African men are proud of the black race and forever solid
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by HundredWays(m): 1:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
sparkyJ:
It is true that no parent will want their children to fail. However, it is important for us to know that every child's path to success is not necessarily the same. As we all know today that the world have produced great scientists that either didn't go to school or dropped out of school. Don't get me wrong, education is very good, in fact it is a privilege to be educated but parents should spend quality time to know whatever it is that their kids have passion for as this will help them guide the child on his career choice & journey to success.

The boy deliberately skipped MTH & ENG bc he didn't like them. He must have been giving his parents signals before now but they probably turned a blind eye. The father thought paying more to well-seasoned tutors would do the much awaited magic. With a Distinction in Music, it very clear the young man is not a dullard, he failed bc he doesn't have interest for all those subjects; so no amount of tuition can change that. The only way that boy would pass those subjects he failed is if he decides to open his heart for it but i beg to say its a risky thing to hope on.

*Way forward:* His parents should enrol him in a Music Academy & watch their son ace all his subjects.

Advice: Parents should not false children to become doctors when they actually love to do theatre arts.

You are a fool... Which university will admit a student failing Maths And English??

2 Likes

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Aystarz: 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Why record such.
I guess his wife did

We certainly haven't heard the end of thi. I won't be surprised if sometime next week, a topic on NL reads : "Zambian man arrested over physical assault of his child sends wife packing". If the wife as much as has a hand in this development, that man would be so pissed.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by stanliwise(m): 1:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
nsiba:

Bleak future better than the illusion you crave
No wonder Africa has remain like this. With all our legacy look where we are. The father beating his son is not much of a crime but thinking because you paid for him and he is your son makes him a property to you is backward thinking. People with more positive mindset train children because they see it as a responsibility. We over here see it as a choice and the benefactor should see it as their privilege grin
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by inspayard(f): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

I hope when your husband comes from work and does not see food

And gives you a slap you will be ok with it

At least he pays the bills and paid your bride price
I am not married and what you just said is irrelevant to this post,I am still an undergrad and the point I am trying to pass across is that this is an issue that ought to remain within the family and be resolved amicably, people are just exaggerating the whole issue because it made its way to the media, assuming it was a case of torture that is something different entirely.

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by hardon1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
the fact that he was absent for maths and english, e no try abeg. but the dad can equally see it from a different angle, he got distinction in music, that may be where his passion lie. he is not apparently dull
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by tweakdude1: 1:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
No father accepts failure in his home. It is what it is.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by stanliwise(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
inspayard:

Am not married and what you just said is irrelevant to this post,am still an undergrad and the point am trying to pass across is that this is an issue that ought to remain within the family and be resolved amicably, people are just exaggerating the whole issue because it made its way to the media, assuming it was a case of torture that is something different entirely.
what do you call torture?
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Otiv: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
This is exactly where we are in the world. Imagine what civilizationhad turned africa to? Growing up , you won't even dare come home with that kind of result. Imagine now that you can't discipline your child anymore in africa? This is unbelievable. I find it so hard to believe. This is why we have all these breed of irresponsibleyouths in our societies in this present age. If it was me, I would definitely wait for the police to come and meet me at home, damn the consequences.
Tintinnoty:
THE Zambia Police Service has summoned George Bester, a man seen in a video making rounds on social media slapping his son, for allegedly producing poor school results.

In the said video, Bester is seen slapping the boy, while complaining about the money he has spent on the boy for school books and tuition fees.

A voice of a woman, believed to be his wife, is heard pleading with Bester to stop beating the boy.

According to a call-out dated April 10, 2020, Bester was required to report to the Child Protection Unit offices at the Ministry of Community Development near Levy Junction yesterday, April 21, for purposes of inquiries.

Police, however, assured him that he would not be detained more than was necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglFY1V86yk

https://diggers.news/local/2020/04/21/police-summon-bester-over-slapping-incident/

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nairalandbeast1: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
inspayard:

Am not married and what you just said is irrelevant to this post,am still an undergrad and the point am trying to pass across is that this is an issue that ought to remain within the family and be resolved amicably, people are just exaggerating the whole issue because it made its way to the media, assuming it was a case of torture that is something different entirely.

If you think it is ok for a father to slap a son

Then it is ok for your husband to slap you when you are wrong

After all it is his house and he paid the bride price

It is very relevant

U get married to a man who has received slap when ever he does wrong....that is how he will think he should correct you too....

So it does relate ....dont be sentimenatl when making comments be logical
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by vertueptime: 1:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
To do wat jail him? If the man vex he go put d pikin for govmnt school nothing will happun

Tintinnoty:
THE Zambia Police Service has summoned George Bester, a man seen in a video making rounds on social media slapping his son, for allegedly producing poor school results.

In the said video, Bester is seen slapping the boy, while complaining about the money he has spent on the boy for school books and tuition fees.

A voice of a woman, believed to be his wife, is heard pleading with Bester to stop beating the boy.

According to a call-out dated April 10, 2020, Bester was required to report to the Child Protection Unit offices at the Ministry of Community Development near Levy Junction yesterday, April 21, for purposes of inquiries.

Police, however, assured him that he would not be detained more than was necessary.

https://diggers.news/local/2020/04/21/police-summon-bester-over-slapping-incident/
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by ifko: 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kai nah this one den dey called beating ....kai come my house and let my mum deal with u for poor result and ur life will never remain thesame
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by nsiba: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
stanliwise:
No wonder Africa has remain like this. With all our legacy look where we are. The father beating his son is not much of a crime but thinking because you paid for him and he is your son makes him a property to you is backward thinking. People with more positive mindset train children because they see it as a responsibility. We over here see it as a choice and the benefactor should see it as their privilege grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5811877/jss2-yul-edochie-told-father.

Don't preach NONSENSE to my hearing again...
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Zenithpeak(m): 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

African men are not barbaric

African men are loving and kind

Understanding

And freedom fighters

Who fight against inequality and injustice

African men are proud of the black race and forever solid
we are not talking about adulterated African man who is eternally confused of his true nature and identity not the foreign mentality that has corrupted true pan Africanism spirit of our founding fathers who will never allow there children to be comfortable with a mediocrity lifestyle

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by sparkyJ: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
HundredWays:

You are a fool... Which university will admit a student failing Maths And English??

Mr wise Man, do u have to throw insults before u make a point? Will all Music Academies require Math & English before accepting a child? Did i even recommend a university in my post?

Now talking about university, will universities in Asia esp Korea make English compulsory for her citizens? Have u forgotten how much Asians despise western education?

For instance, if Davido or Olamide decides to invite that boy to his team would he ask for Math & English b4 grooming him?
Does that mean every actor/actress in Nollywood Yoruba, Hausa, & Igbo passed Math & English?
Do u need math & English to have successful football career?

As important as math & English are, i will say it bluntly that if success solely depend on Math & English then all Nigerian graduates should be very successful & no non educated Nigerian should have blissful careers but the reality speaks for itself. Everybody's path to success is not & will never be the same. Lets not use our own abilities to judge others. The fact that i am a graduate doesn't mean am better than those who are not.

Oga, u can make ur points clear without insulting people. If you were so wise, u would not insult people for airing their opinion.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by inspayard(f): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
stanliwise:
what do you call torture?

Am not an advocate of physical assault but you don't expect a man to keep his cool over his son's failure nd bdw torture is simply inflicting severe pain on someone,its not like the man is a monster or something so stop painting him as such.

2 Likes

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by juliusijidola: 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Do you call that beating ?
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Tensionstar(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
As a class teacher, a parent came to complain to me that am not beating his child; the boy has never reported me to him that I beat him.

The man gave me a standing order to inflict injury (mark from beating) on him the next time he misbehaves. The you is his only son fa.

1 Like

Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by inspayard(f): 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

If you think it is ok for a father to slap a son

Then it is ok for your husband to slap you when you are wrong

After all it is his house and he paid the bride price

It is very relevant

U get married to a man who has received slap when ever he does wrong....that is how he will think he should correct you too....

So it does relate ....dont be sentimenatl when making comments be logical
Urgh am mentally rolling my eyes,right now u r d illogical one here,just take time and reflect on ur comment.
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by isaiahethan: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Tintinnoty:

The truth be sey every father in Africa dey carry 1st , 1st position during their days
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
nairalandbeast1:

It is your responsibility to take care of your child

The child did not ask to be brought to the world

That does not make the child your property

You talk to the child .....i talk to my 3 year old daughter and we have never hit her and I will never

Even though I get frustrated but what I have discovered hitting is never a solution

Our patents did not know better .....now we know

When I was young, I just play didn't read, always at the bottom of d class, till my dad got pissed off, beat the crap out of me & urge my siblings to teach me how to study. Since that day, my position in school was between 1-4th. Aced waec & jamb in one sitting.

I can still remember some of the punches he landed on me to this very day grin
Re: Police Summon The Angry Zambian Father Who Beat His Son Over Poor Result by NumbEmotions(m): 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ahh this one na musician

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Dogs Owned By Anambra School Proprietor Feast On 2yrs Old Prospective Pupil / FUNAAB Students Build N5 Million Car Park, Names It After Buhari / JAMB 2021 Top 10 Best Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.