Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped (74348 Views)

The Big Bush Rat Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / Two Snakes Crawling At My Backyard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by aAK1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
this snakes are harmless
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Chuzoetoh(m): 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
Garter snakes, harmless they said, but no snake in my eyes is harmless, all dangerous gan.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by emperorshaokahn(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
op that animal(snake) is called AMOTEKUN,it is deceptive,treacherous,and quite chamelionic.people say it is strong and dangerous but when observed closely na just audio.it is from the oduduwa sapentanus family of green snakes
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Esuabanga(m): 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
Imagine the length of the snake this one fit swallow the entire national budget
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Edosao: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
The full family needs to be careful
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Damydavo1: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
Una too like snake sha
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by davidas101(m): 10:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
One-million-snakes
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by raphieMontella: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
TOPCRUISE:

See question. You for allow am make him bite you. It's not a dangerous reptile. It's a friendly one.
literally, it is
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Viciyke00(m): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
emirateprince:
Why not catch and train it ,it will serve as a good pet against thief's

Wait are you normal?
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by CaptainFM1: 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Be worried about that one that Escaped. It could come for avenging its partner.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by bkool7(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2020
Kylekent59:

It is called ''ribbon snake.'' It is harmless and non-venomous snake.
grin
Obviously, he's not going to wait to find that out
You see, here in Nigeria, every snake is venomous. You kill and ask questionslater

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Holymann(m): 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Blindersoff:

It is a Cross-marked Grass Snake, mildly venomous but poses no harm to humans.
No it's not
Yes it is a grass snake, but it's a short-snouted grass snake
It has a longer tail than the Cross-marked
Also notice that unlike the Cross-marked whose lines run down the full length of it's body, this one has a pattern arround the neck that slowly changes into vertical lines.
First picture is OP's snake while the rest are those I downloaded

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Mftivi: 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
iphanyiuma:
the one that escaped will call for reinforcement grin

you can actually use the tail to clean your ear grin
Ah gross!
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by ogunfrayo: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
I have locally prepared anti- snake, scorpion venom for all households at a give away price. Works 100%. e-mail me on : ogunfrayo@yahoo.com or text me on 08108458712. Regards.

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Tweenery: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Check my signature now and thank me later
����
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Nwaonyishi69: 11:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Edible, and known for being oily. Some Ondo people call it manamana. Nsukka people call it Orira. It is not a very poisonous or dangerous snake, but it is known for speed.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by adegold7326(m): 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
@ADEKARDTRADES

Hit me up for your GIFT CARDS trade to naira Instant Cash

iBUY GIFTCARDS & iBuy and Sell BITCOIN(bits&bulk)

We buy all types of giftcards

*iTunes
*eBay
*Amazon
*Walmart
*Steam wallet
*Sephora or jc penny
*Nordstrom
*Amex
*Macy
*And others*

CARD & ECODE ACCE
_Fast loading @ Best rates ever and very prompt payment is always assured..._
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by davidque: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2020
This is most likely a garter snake

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Rexymania(m): 12:28am On Apr 24, 2020
You just killed a non venomous snake
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by emirateprince: 1:06am On Apr 24, 2020
Viciyke00:

Wait are you normal?
I am ,snakes are good pets
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by BetterPoison: 2:09am On Apr 24, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:
This is the Snake I Killed In My Backyard today there where two, One Escaped.

Is this a dangerous reptile? Cos am afraid. I have kids and they do play around outside sometimes.

that may be the husband that ran away.

Trust me, he will come back to look for his wife
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by BetterPoison: 2:13am On Apr 24, 2020
paix:
Maybe it was the husband that escaped, it might come looking for the missing wife.
lol I am just seeing this. I told him the same

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by AreaFada2: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:

Is this a dangerous reptile? Cos am afraid. I have kids and they do play around outside sometimes.

Dude, where did you kill the snake?

This looks like Garter Snake. But I never knew it's found in Africa. If indeed you are writing from Africa.

It's adapted to cold weather by hiding away in the winter. Becoming active again in spring.

It's non-venomous.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by bamirotola: 2:26am On Apr 24, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:

This snake is harmless...its a ribbon snake....they were just mating
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by BlestHanneSSG: 3:15am On Apr 24, 2020
Looks like you're good at identifying reptiles.You were spot on! Ribbon snake it is. Non-venomous like its Garter snake cousin. But then, this is Naija. Who cares whether a snake is venomous or not?
Lol.

Kylekent59:

It is called ''ribbon snake.'' It is harmless and non-venomous snake.

Lalasticlala, they have killed another one grin
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by MoIbrahim: 4:55am On Apr 24, 2020
Bros, a snake is snake.

Pls be extremely careful and vigilant. Lecture the kids.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Adeevah(m): 5:22am On Apr 24, 2020
Fumigate
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Coolgent(m): 5:54am On Apr 24, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 24, 2020
No snake is harmless, i hate English in that regards. Put your hand in it mouth and let see if its harmful or not.
Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by VictorDeWriter(m): 7:09am On Apr 24, 2020
bestabigaelever:
Is this snake big enough to reach promise land

E don enter o cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by pestrolus2002(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Most of us are missing something "non venomous " means not poisonous but it doesn't mean that the snake cannot bite you .
It means if you're bitten by them they won't inject poison into you.

Re: The Snake I Killed At My Backyard, One Escaped by Psoul(m): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2020
ehirosplusbiz:

Guy come.... Did you actually use that rod on that young innocent snake?
You must be a very heartless guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Huge Python Killed Along Lekki/epe Express Road This Afternoon (pics) / Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Rat With A Ring Round Its Neck Trapped In Woman's Shop In Oyo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.