Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator (44590 Views)

ECOWAS Appoints Fashina Olaoluwa, Youth Ambassador / ECOWAS Appoints Buhari COVID-19 Response Coordinator For Africa Sub-region / Wike: FG Politicising COVID-19 Response. Lagos Got N10 Billion, Rivers Got None (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Liliantalks: 5:18am On Apr 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The Ghanaian president seems to be doing a better job if you ask me.
and u think such appointments would be given to Ghana and not nigeria? Ghana isn’t doing a better job , check the deaths , infected persons and recovery rate of Covid 19 patients in Ghana, compared to their population and ours ,It’s not about sharing bag of rice !! Our medical team r doing a fantastic job and the quick lockdown has helped ! So Nigeria is trying ,,it’s just hunger!! If this Covid case is handled well under buhari , he’s name would be written in history, HES STILL A USELESS MAN THO
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:16am On Apr 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
and u think such appointments would be given to Ghana and not nigeria? Ghana isn’t doing a better job , check the deaths , infected persons and recovery rate of Covid 19 patients in Ghana, compared to their population and ours ,It’s not about sharing bag of rice !! Our medical team r doing a fantastic job and the quick lockdown has helped ! So Nigeria is trying ,,it’s just hunger!! If this Covid case is handled well under buhari , he’s name would be written in history, HES STILL A USELESS MAN THO
First thing first should be the testing done on the population. Ghana has done more tests about six times that of Nigeria even With their far smaller population. In terms of death, the ratio are almost equal. It is a known fact that recovery is not due to any therapeutic activity but just support till the immune system of body is able to fight off the disease. So you can't really use recoveries to judge how effective a country's response is else Mauritius will be the best country in the world. Rate of recoveries are dependent on the severity of cases and if the patients have an underlying illness. Our medical team are doing excellently well despite Buhari but the lockdown has not been effective as the index cases in some northern states was people who broke through lockdown to get there from Lagos!! Your last line is spot on.

Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Mhatex(m): 6:34am On Apr 24, 2020
oluDharay:
Yet, our ppl here don't value what dey gt...

To all you wailers wailing on my comment, I know u neva c anything good in som1 u naturally hate, coz if it was your hero Gel who gt an international appointment, u will c it as an hero of democracy...
You hypocrite

What are you saying bro ?
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Jostoman: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2020
Corporate2020:

You have no shame. Since good news from your country gives you headache, then your head will continue to ache.
which good news? They are rewarding him for his wickedness on Nigerians.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Liliantalks: 7:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

First thing first should be the testing done on the population. Ghana has done more tests about six times that of Nigeria even With their far smaller population. In terms of death, the ratio are almost equal. It is a known fact that recovery is not due to any therapeutic activity but just support till the immune system of body is able to fight off the disease. So you can't really use recoveries to judge how effective a country's response is else Mauritius will be the best country in the world. Rate of recoveries are dependent on the severity of cases and if the patients have an underlying illness. Our medical team are doing excellently well despite Buhari but the lockdown has not been effective as the index cases in some northern states was people who broke through lockdown to get there from Lagos!! Your last line is spot on.
mind sending the link to that site ? Mine doesn’t show testing.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Liliantalks:
mind sending the link to that site ? Mine doesn’t show testing.
Just Google worldometer or coronavirus Africa stats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by seunmsg(m): 7:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The Ghanaian president seems to be doing a better job if you ask me.

Well, the leaders of ECOWAS do not think so and I’m sure they know better than you.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:40am On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Well, the leaders of ECOWAS do not think so and I’m sure they know better than you.
I'm sure you realise they know Nigeria has 75% of the population of west Africa. Same for the economy. So it's not a case of doing a better job. It's a case of who has more to lose and more to do. No one will want to carry that kind of load. Besides, how's the anti corruption champion in Africa gig going?
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by seunmsg(m): 7:46am On Apr 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I'm sure you realise they know Nigeria has 75% of the population of west Africa. Same for the economy. So it's not a case of doing a better job. It's a case of who has more to lose and more to do. No one will want to carry that kind of load. Besides, how's the anti corruption champion in Africa gig going?

Whatever their reasons are, he has been chosen to lead the regional response to the pandemic and there is nothing prople like you can do about it other than wail.

If the pain is too much, create a West African wailing association Covid-19 response team and make the Ghanaian President your head. Period.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:00am On Apr 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Whatever their reasons are, he has been chosen to lead the regional response to the pandemic and there is nothing prople like you can do about it other than wail.

If the pain is too much, create a West African wailing association Covid-19 response team and make the Ghanaian President your head. Period.
Audio lead like he led the African anti corruption pight ba?
He ain't leading nothing except zombies. Heck, he can't even lead the way to za oza room not to talk of a covid-19 response that demands mental and physical energy which he's obviously lacking.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by Psoul(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Back then in school, if you're a notorious noise maker, you'll be told to write the names of noise makers in the class. If that is done, just watch as the class will become quiet cos the chief noisemaker is quiet.

Also, if you want stealing to stop in any community, just make the head of those bad boys the leader of a vigilante group.

ECOWAS know what they are doing. They want to give him a responsibility that will wake him up. They will be cracking head to make sure he shows himself as bn capable.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by j1mmy: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2020
I don't think these fools know that Abba Kyari is dead. There is no Buhari response.
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by sencekompis: 8:58am On Apr 24, 2020
WRONG DUDE
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by luluosas(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2020
Congratulations Nigeria. Congratulations @statehouse
Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by stevups(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
oluDharay:
Yet, our ppl here don't value what dey gt...

To all you wailers wailing on my comment, I know u neva c anything good in som1 u naturally hate, coz if it was your hero Gel who gt an international appointment, u will c it as an hero of democracy...
You hypocrite
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Appoints Buhari As COVID-19 Response Coordinator by liquidfaya: 4:11pm On May 02, 2020
Digmygold:
Lol. Too early a decision.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Sharia Supreme Council Of Nigeria Visits Oba Of Lagos (Photo) / Heavily Pregnant Daughter Of Pres Jonathan Attends His Thanksgiving Ceremony / Abba Morro Rides Okada To Daughter’s Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.