Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' (529 Views)

Osinbajo: Buhari Understands Your Pains, He’s Considering Palliatives For You / Rivers Lockdown: Gov Wike Inside Helicopter Monitoring Compliance (Pictured) / COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov. Wike Under Fire For Allegedly Giving Out 3 Cups Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Metrix147: 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
As the people of Nigeria and indeed Abia, God's Own State continue to face difficulties as a result of the restriction of movements imposed on the state to checkmate the spread of coronavirus, the state governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has expressed sympathy for the people, saying he is touched by their plights.

The Governor in a release he personally signed on Thursday said these are tough times, adding that it pains him to see people idle at home even when they depend on their daily income. "But we shall overcome" he said.

"It pains me to see our people sit at home and do no work, especially for the millions of our people whose livelihoods depend on daily work and activities.

"Government is losing money too because revenue can only be generated when economic activities are on.

"But being alive is far greater than any other consideration" he added.

The Governor while also stating that the state has had its fair share of the impact of the deadly COVID-19 appealed to citizens to bear with the government as it makes efforts to curb COVID-19, maintaining that 'Ndu kariri ihe eji azu ya'.

"Besides, Abia is not an island. We are a part of the global community battling with this pandemic.

"I renew my appeal to all our citizens to take this situation very seriously. Please stay at home and observe all the protocols as enunciated by the relevant authorities.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/04/lockdown-ikpeazu-weeps-tells-abians-im-touched-by-your-pains/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Bola146(f): 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hummmm.. Na God go help us sad Hunger dey inside, Covid 19 dey outside cry
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by vickydankal(f): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Of course he is touched with our money but for pains I’m not sure.
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Millenniumlady(f): 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2020
Which pains better share that money oooo
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Lipscomb(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
Bastard after he finished smoking weed. Abdicate your seat and apologize to all Abians for their time and resource you have been wasted over 5years.
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by zionmde: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
no need for d feelings
open up d damn country

this rubbish lockdown is no longer working
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Cyberterror: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2020
The man is only weeping because he was not permitted to run away from the state by the federal government.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Ojiofor: 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
I hope you have paid workers salaries before shedding crocodile tears.
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by unnknown: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
I hope he's truly sincere with his word.
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by ProfessorBerlin(m): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigerians too mumu.

Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Deepfeel(m): 5:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
A
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Diiet: 6:21pm On Apr 23, 2020
Some senseless Ibo youths here were mocking Ogun indigenes for crying to their governor, but see a SE governor sympathizing with his people because of hardship.
I don't realy blame them as most of them are living in SW and don't know what Ibos in SE are facing. The maturity and good upbringing of Yoruba youths would never allow them mock Ibos on isue like this, I trust my peole. If it were to be the other way round we know what the comments in this thread would be right now.
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by socialmediaman: 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by DanseMacabre(m): 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mugus go still fall for this one o.. grin grin
Re: Lockdown: Gov. Ikpeazu Weeps, Tells Abians 'i'm Touched By Your Pains' by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
Abi Ogun fe pka eleyi ni? He probably thinks we're still in 2003

Eba na Ofe Governor

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Identity Of Pastor Behind Linking 5G To Coronavirus Pandemic Revealed / How Kemi Olunloyo Was Sully & Imprgnated By Tokunbo Aboderin! / Rivers State Lockdown Is Selective And An Act Of Wickedness By Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.