Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend (70449 Views)

She Stopped Talking To Me After She Found Out That I Drive On Uber / My Fiancee Stopped Talking To Me Because She Needed A ₦‎3 Million Wedding / "Before Sex, He Promised Marriage But He Stopped Talking About It Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Kryptonvinyl(m): 12:39am On May 01, 2020
Had one scenario kinda related to this but not too related sha. I am the course rep of my department and so i had girls flocking around. Some of them didn't even know what they want. And to cap everything I am the most popular guy in the whole faculty. Everybody knows me including the traders at the canteen cuz am kinda funny and very friendly. But one thing i avoided was girls in my department. So there was this pretty girl (easily one of the top 3 prettiest girls in the department though we're up to 200), she started getting close to me and eventually started asking personal questions. We got so close then one day she started telling me stuffs indirectly. Sometimes she would call me to ask if i wanted to tell her something. One time she even said she'll be waiting till i know what i want. Gbam, then i told her I was not ready to date. Mehn this girl cried. Me sef come dey wonder whether this one dey cry for me. She said i should not be angry if she avoids me, i told her its not gonna happen that we're gonna be friends.

I liked the girl oo but mehn, i just didn't want it. She was already avoiding me. Then after pondering i decided that I'll date her and that I'll make sure everyone knows she's my girl. So the next week Saturday i went to her hostel. And I then told her I'm now ready. Oboy she told urs truly that she's dating. I was wondering, how can u tell me that ya dating when u said u wanted to be my girl last week. lol. This thing entered me for body. I couldn't think straight for one week. She was angry when I told her that day. She said she knew i was crushing too. She felt it, but why didn't I say it? That she's never made things simple for a guy as she did for me. She later said we should be besties. She liked me more than her guy. Me that don't like that bestie thing. i know things would happen if i agreed. But i don't want to bleep someone's girl. It was now my turn to do social distancing. lol. Though i tried to talk to her normally but mehn i wasn't comfortable. Till today we still talk sha cuz we see each other everyday. Though I'm grateful right now sha cuz I'm damn broke. So imagine na. After that i said I won't love again in the coming years. But shit is hard tho.

So hanty back to ur matter. Joe might understand but maybe he isn't comfortable around u anymore that's why he spaced so as not to do something stupid.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Eofclub: 12:42am On May 01, 2020
Legend
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by xenten: 1:01am On May 01, 2020
the young man is respecting himself now o! if he encourages you and things get out of hand, you will start screaming rape for your faint hearted NO. You better don't play with fire so that you will not get burnt.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:11am On May 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Use the both guys to your advantage

Keep joe guy for assignments and handout test and other class stuff

While use the new guy for your finances phones,clothes,eateries wigs

And please stay in school hostle that way non of them can bother you with sex cause they can't gain access to girls hostel and you ever visit any of them reduce your sexual conversation with joe guy and learn to keep your phone private.....Hope it helps smiley
The game is the game, don’t hate the player . Hate the game .
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 1:26am On May 01, 2020
Suzzi23:
Hi guys. Please I need advice.

There is this guy in my department. Let's call him Joe. He is good looking and very intelligent. He also has this very nice voice and good vocabulary. Initially we were just normal casual classmates, we greet, exchange notes and all that, nothing serious. I've always found him attractive but have not found him special in any way because I've met lots of guys like him in my University.

But few months ago he started becoming more friendly towards me. We got talking and we realized we shared a lot in common. He asked me if I was single and I told him I was. This was the truth because I wasn't dating anyone then.

Few days after another guy I was very close to asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed. I'm in love with this guy. He is very jovial, intelligent and he knows how to treat me well. I know he loves me because I've known him for a while and he has treated me with love, affection and respect. It's always fun being around him and I enjoy his company.

Despite now being in a relationship, I still continued spending time with Joe. We shared a lot of deep intimate info about ourselves with each other. I have never felt more comfortable talking to someone before. Talking to him always made me feel good. I felt I could be vulnerable with him. He was very honest and didn't hide the dark aspects of himself. He wasn't the type to pretend he was a good person. And he wasn't. He had done a lot of bad things in the past and he wasn't afraid to talk to me about them. And although this might sound weird I liked the fact that he wasn't the typical "moral individual" I was used to meeting. I liked the fact that he had a dark personality that only me knew about. He said things to me that made me begin to explore myself and my sexuality in ways I didn't even imagine that I could. He was always fond of teasing me and never hesitated to correct me if I did anything wrong. I loved that kind of honesty.

As we talked more Joe opened up to me that he was attracted to me and had feelings for me. He would flirt with me and I'd try my best not to flirt back but I enjoyed his flirting and I enjoyed his company. He asked me if I felt the same way about him and I was honest and I said I had feelings for him, because I did. He is an attractive guy and even though I have a boyfriend I can't help being attracted to him..

He then asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I was already dating someone. He was surprised by my response. He told me he was under the impression that I was single and that's why he had gotten so close and intimate with me. But he didn't appear angry or sad. He even told me my bf was lucky to have me.

The problem now is that since that day he hasn't talked to me. When I see him in class, he doesn't even act like I exist. He doesn't reply my messages, doesn't pick up my calls and doesn't check up on me. Throughout this lockdown he hasn't even texted me once. This is unlike him. I feel very bad about the whole thing. It's almost like our relationship didn't mean anything to him and I didn't mean anything to him. I want to still be friends with him.
Hello the the guy must be the type that does not like trouble. Though he should not have gone extreme, he should still always greet you and nothing more.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by topstone4: 1:30am On May 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:

And please stay in school hostle that way non of them can bother you with sex cause they can't gain access to girls hostel and you ever visit any of them reduce your sexual conversation with joe guy and learn to keep your phone private.....Hope it helps smiley

You are teaching her how to play the guy's. But when the guys outwit her. use her and dump her, you will be one of those saying men are scum; whereas she only got defeated at her own game.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by hopexter(m): 1:32am On May 01, 2020
humilitypays:
learn from which Joe Joes that will still chop the girl silly shocked

Your own no pass chop, you know whether Joe still dey Alive sef grin
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by LewsTherin: 1:51am On May 01, 2020
Thanos:

You read the wheel of time books?

All 15 of them. Plus the prequels.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by SwagPower: 2:02am On May 01, 2020
Raydos:
Girls like OP will be very easy to have sex with!!

If Joe had waited a little bit longer, He will definitely Kpansh this OP, But I guess He isn't a bad guy, Cos According to this write-up, OP likes Joe already!

I was once in Joe's shoes too, She also told me She has a boyfriend, But by the look of things, I sensed she's still kinda into me

Las Las I Yansh the girl, Upon say she get Boyfriend ooo!!

Nah Joe is not a "BadGuy"...He's a a Man with Class...

Man didn't badger the girl into liking him..

from the way the OP is talking u'll see Joe has completely floored her.. and he did it in such a nuanced way..None of that calling 10x to ask if she's eaten bull.shit...

Man is as Alpha as they come..

His attention is a scarce commodity ,the moment the OP showed she isn't worth the attention he calmly withdrew from the pact..No fuss ,no Curse...

Be like Joe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by obinoral1179(m): 2:23am On May 01, 2020
Edyice:
Aunty suzzi23

You went to summit your CV in a company and they didn't take you ... Will you go their again? cheesy cheesy

I went to a company thrice and they still didn't pick me ooooo even though the company and their pay are useless, it's was blessings in disguise.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Walexdubia(m): 2:24am On May 01, 2020
Suzzi23:

There is this guy in my department. Let's call him Joe. He is good looking and very intelligent. He also has this very nice voice and good vocabulary. Initially we were just normal casual classmates, we greet, exchange notes and all that, nothing serious. I've always found him attractive but have not found him special in any way because I've met lots of guys like him in my University.

But few months ago he started becoming more friendly towards me. We got talking and we realized we shared a lot in common. He asked me if I was single and I told him I was. This was the truth because I wasn't dating anyone then.

Few days after another guy I was very close to asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed. I'm in love with this guy. He is very jovial, intelligent and he knows how to treat me well. I know he loves me because I've known him for a while and he has treated me with love, affection and respect. It's always fun being around him and I enjoy his company.

Despite now being in a relationship, I still continued spending time with Joe. We shared a lot of deep intimate info about ourselves with each other. I have never felt more comfortable talking to someone before. Talking to him always made me feel good. I felt I could be vulnerable with him. He was very honest and didn't hide the dark aspects of himself. He wasn't the type to pretend he was a good person. And he wasn't. He had done a lot of bad things in the past and he wasn't afraid to talk to me about them. And although this might sound weird I liked the fact that he wasn't the typical "moral individual" I was used to meeting. I liked the fact that he had a dark personality that only me knew about. He said things to me that made me begin to explore myself and my sexuality in ways I didn't even imagine that I could. He was always fond of teasing me and never hesitated to correct me if I did anything wrong. I loved that kind of honesty.

As we talked more Joe opened up to me that he was attracted to me and had feelings for me. He would flirt with me and I'd try my best not to flirt back but I enjoyed his flirting and I enjoyed his company. He asked me if I felt the same way about him and I was honest and I said I had feelings for him, because I did. He is an attractive guy and even though I have a boyfriend I can't help being attracted to him..

He then asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I was already dating someone. He was surprised by my response. He told me he was under the impression that I was single and that's why he had gotten so close and intimate with me. But he didn't appear angry or sad. He even told me my bf was lucky to have me.

The problem now is that since that day he hasn't talked to me. When I see him in class, he doesn't even act like I exist. He doesn't reply my messages, doesn't pick up my calls and doesn't check up on me. Throughout this lockdown he hasn't even texted me once. This is unlike him. I feel very bad about the whole thing. It's almost like our relationship didn't mean anything to him and I didn't mean anything to him. I want to still be friends with him.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Onliie(m): 2:28am On May 01, 2020
Suzzi23:

Don't mind them, there's nothing wrong in wanting a male friend. Everything is not about dating. Try and talk to him, let him know you like him as a friend and nothing more, if he insists he doesn't want that, let him go. Friendship is by choice.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Walexdubia(m): 2:31am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=Suzzi23 post=88775423]Hi guys. Please I need advice.

Ur relationship ur problem...
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Walexdubia(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=othermen post=88775455]Buy 7 candles, when it is 12AM, light it all. Call out his name 21 times, do these while fasting for 20days. He will talk to you.[lol]
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by TruthSpeaker: 2:36am On May 01, 2020
What else did you expect of him? To become an assistant boyfriend without benefits? He knew you a single, while messing around without hitting the nail on the head you went ahead to get a boyfriend (when he taught he was a serious candidate).
I like the way he is handling the issue. He wants you to enjoy your boyfriend without wasting his own time.
Next time he will be more aggressive when toasting a girl instead of just fooling around without making his intentions known.

When I was still in the university many years back, there was this white girl I like so much. I also know she did like me a lot, but race factor was hindering her from waking it work (because of course it was a white man’s land and we were very few blacks in the school). I used to jokingly call her my girlfriend, but when I foresaw it wasn’t gonna work out I stepped out my interest without announcement. There was a weekend we went for a picnic (about 70 all university dudes). She then saw me and invited me to the stream with her her to catch some fun. I know she wanted to have sex with me, but I declined the invitation and didn’t talk to her thereafter. Of course later I regretted I missed an additional pussy, but I was at least happy I made her know I wasn’t always going to be waiting for her.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by tomdon(m): 2:43am On May 01, 2020
Some girls are generally very useless
They always want to eat their cake and still have it
Olosho!
Selfish idiot, you have your own now yet you don't want the poor boy to go get his,
Nice one from the boy, that's my type

2 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Kofisam: 2:51am On May 01, 2020
Lols

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Chuky7(m): 2:51am On May 01, 2020
Suzzi23:

You write well though

I once had a bestie that liked me even though the bestie thing was all her idea(dont think I have ever called her or anyone bestie)
Babe was insecure even around my girlfriend who was also her friend

let me stop there...

I think there's some similarities in both stories
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by eguarojeona: 2:53am On May 01, 2020
Lamanii22:
You broke his heart... He has no reason to continue the friendship... Having you in his life is like having a chicken, the chicken he was suppose to eat and now somebody else has eaten it....
She wants to keep the dude hanging incase bf messes up.Wisdom.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Realtizzy(m): 2:53am On May 01, 2020
I like guys that know what they want
Carry ur confusion and go Jareh
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Minemrys: 3:16am On May 01, 2020
NACE13:

It is not until you have physical intercourse with another person before you know you have cheated. Once you start entertaining another person into your thoughts, especially when it is sexual, you have started cheating.
From the OP's post, you can see she has deep sexual fantasy about the guy, and if the guy (Joe) hung around a bit, she'd have had sex with him.

Na from clap, dem dey take enter dance
lol. It's a w0man. U never can tell. I d0n't think she saw the guy as a sexual partner, else she would've kn0wn of the guy's intenti0n and played it so she didn't have to give it away. Am telling u, she just wanted to use the guy. Yea, it could happen that she would've cheatd but the vibe i am getting says the opposite. She just wantd to keep the guy for em0ti0nal sake. S0me0ne to run to when she's depressed and who would pet her. I dnt think i'd call that cheating. She has no sexual feelings for him.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Minemrys: 3:17am On May 01, 2020
mufuteeeee:
What should he have done differently?
why would he do things differently? D lady didn't want him.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by MrRasheed: 3:21am On May 01, 2020
Suzzi23:

Joe will definitely come back to you.. it's normal for him to behave that way! Give him some time.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Samcoflex75(m): 3:23am On May 01, 2020
That's why they really said it is very difficult to understand women, you go toast girl, she go tell you say she nor want but go dey jealous when them see you with another babe, sometimes I really wonder how God created women
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Hargbo(m): 3:26am On May 01, 2020
J111333:
For wanting to friendzone that innocent but smart dude, you probably won't make heaven. sad
grin grin grin grin ahhhhh I swear you be werey... You get too much sense grin

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:35am On May 01, 2020
He is a straight forward guy and knows what he wants. No time for games. It’s either black or white, nothing like grey.

Men like him typically succeed in life because they have one key trait that many lack; It’s called decisiveness.

Let the young man be and face your boyfriend. You sound kinda selfish to me though. You want it all.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by chigoizie7(m): 4:01am On May 01, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Why is he den in school if joe has to do all the school work for her?

Most times it is not about what we do with certificates. It is about what we learnt to improve on ourselves.

I don’t care, if she likes, make she Bleep the whole school, ee no concern me. If she like make she no Bleep any.

Buy we always have to improve ourselves academics wise.

Me sef I resigned from AccessBank to pursue my dreams using what I learnt as a graduate.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Judybash93(m): 4:02am On May 01, 2020
What exactly do you want?

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:29am On May 01, 2020
Not Every Guy will cope with A Lady in relationship especially when the Guy in question is in Love with her. Joe did the Best thing. It's not easy Mama. Loving someone and the person is in Love with another person. It's worst than Nigeria present hardship. Or Coronavirus... Just free him
Respect his feelings too. But wait minute why una just dey date self. I hope you know both of them just want to Have Sex with you Sha? Forget all those Respect , Love Paparazzi. All na scam.
Sex is the Only gain in school relationships o. Hope you know sha. Henhen
Happy New Month
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 4:33am On May 01, 2020
chigoizie7:

Why is he den in school if joe has to do all the school work for her?

Most times it is not about what we do with certificates. It is about what we learnt to improve on ourselves.

I don’t care, if she likes, make she Bleep the whole school, ee no concern me. If she like make she no Bleep any.

Buy we always have to improve ourselves academics wise.

Me sef I resigned from AccessBank to pursue my dreams using what I learnt as a graduate.

Stop commenting out of context. Use your Mental Construct to understand the OP again. She didn't tell you she is not doing well in her academic persuits .

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

30-Year-Old Miami Teacher Had Sex, MouthAction With Her Student, 17, In Class / Imo Village Head Dies After Marathon Sex With 2 Teenage Girls Aged 14 And 16 / 2 Guys Lift & Rock 2 Big-sized Ladies On Stage, The Slim Guy Crashes (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.