Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend (70462 Views)

She Stopped Talking To Me After She Found Out That I Drive On Uber / My Fiancee Stopped Talking To Me Because She Needed A ₦‎3 Million Wedding / "Before Sex, He Promised Marriage But He Stopped Talking About It Now" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Minemrys: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
mattfeuter:
Ah! Let’s unpack this!

You have a boyfriend/in a relationship (who you clearly said has been treating you right) that’s not enough ,

You have another guy who is a “friend” according to you but you find him attractive and have deep intimate conversations with.

You told the second guy about your boyfriend and bad man japa, now this is where it gets really interesting! So it bothered you that much that the new guy isn’t talking to you again that you had to open a thread on NL ( all these while having a whole boyfriend).

You even have the nerve to want to friend zone the other guy lol (couldn’t be me tho)

You know you’re cheating right

n0t cheating, using the guy as a mugu.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by isaiahethan: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:
Hi guys. Please I need advice.

There is this guy in my department. Let's call him Joe. He is good looking and very intelligent. He also has this very nice voice and good vocabulary. Initially we were just normal casual classmates, we greet, exchange notes and all that, nothing serious. I've always found him attractive but have not found him special in any way because I've met lots of guys like him in my University.

But few months ago he started becoming more friendly towards me. We got talking and we realized we shared a lot in common. He asked me if I was single and I told him I was. This was the truth because I wasn't dating anyone then.

Few days after another guy I was very close to asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed. I'm in love with this guy. He is very jovial, intelligent and he knows how to treat me well. I know he loves me because I've known him for a while and he has treated me with love, affection and respect. It's always fun being around him and I enjoy his company.

Despite now being in a relationship, I still continued spending time with Joe. We shared a lot of deep intimate info about ourselves with each other. I have never felt more comfortable talking to someone before. Talking to him always made me feel good. I felt I could be vulnerable with him. He was very honest and didn't hide the dark aspects of himself. He wasn't the type to pretend he was a good person. And he wasn't. He had done a lot of bad things in the past and he wasn't afraid to talk to me about them. And although this might sound weird I liked the fact that he wasn't the typical "moral individual" I was used to meeting. I liked the fact that he had a dark personality that only me knew about. He said things to me that made me begin to explore myself and my sexuality in ways I didn't even imagine that I could. He was always fond of teasing me and never hesitated to correct me if I did anything wrong. I loved that kind of honesty.

As we talked more Joe opened up to me that he was attracted to me and had feelings for me. He would flirt with me and I'd try my best not to flirt back but I enjoyed his flirting and I enjoyed his company. He asked me if I felt the same way about him and I was honest and I said I had feelings for him, because I did. He is an attractive guy and even though I have a boyfriend I can't help being attracted to him..

He then asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I was already dating someone. He was surprised by my response. He told me he was under the impression that I was single and that's why he had gotten so close and intimate with me. But he didn't appear angry or sad. He even told me my bf was lucky to have me.

The problem now is that since that day he hasn't talked to me. When I see him in class, he doesn't even act like I exist. He doesn't reply my messages, doesn't pick up my calls and doesn't check up on me. Throughout this lockdown he hasn't even texted me once. This is unlike him. I feel very bad about the whole thing. It's almost like our relationship didn't mean anything to him and I didn't mean anything to him. I want to still be friends with him.

You better concentrate on your studies and forget about love in campus.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
ModestGal:

I wish to be friends with Joe, people like him are really rare
1. He knows what he wants
2. He's matured
3. He has a focus
4. He's a good man.
As for you, flirting when you have a boyfriend is extremely bad, you seem not to know what you want, and you want to have your cake and bread same time. If Joe was a bad guy, you would have ended up cheating on your boyfriend.
I do not entertain silly friendships between make and females, my friends should only discuss important issues, and not dating/sexual stuff, if a friend try that with me, that would be the end to our friendship because I don't forgive such things . I love my boyfriend so much that I won't even cheat him emotionally

I pray for a lady like you honestly..
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by zedegit: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

There is this guy in my department. Let's call him Joe. He is good looking and very intelligent. He also has this very nice voice and good vocabulary. Initially we were just normal casual classmates, we greet, exchange notes and all that, nothing serious. I've always found him attractive but have not found him special in any way because I've met lots of guys like him in my University.

But few months ago he started becoming more friendly towards me. We got talking and we realized we shared a lot in common. He asked me if I was single and I told him I was. This was the truth because I wasn't dating anyone then.

Few days after another guy I was very close to asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed. I'm in love with this guy. He is very jovial, intelligent and he knows how to treat me well. I know he loves me because I've known him for a while and he has treated me with love, affection and respect. It's always fun being around him and I enjoy his company.

Despite now being in a relationship, I still continued spending time with Joe. We shared a lot of deep intimate info about ourselves with each other. I have never felt more comfortable talking to someone before. Talking to him always made me feel good. I felt I could be vulnerable with him. He was very honest and didn't hide the dark aspects of himself. He wasn't the type to pretend he was a good person. And he wasn't. He had done a lot of bad things in the past and he wasn't afraid to talk to me about them. And although this might sound weird I liked the fact that he wasn't the typical "moral individual" I was used to meeting. I liked the fact that he had a dark personality that only me knew about. He said things to me that made me begin to explore myself and my sexuality in ways I didn't even imagine that I could. He was always fond of teasing me and never hesitated to correct me if I did anything wrong. I loved that kind of honesty.

As we talked more Joe opened up to me that he was attracted to me and had feelings for me. He would flirt with me and I'd try my best not to flirt back but I enjoyed his flirting and I enjoyed his company. He asked me if I felt the same way about him and I was honest and I said I had feelings for him, because I did. He is an attractive guy and even though I have a boyfriend I can't help being attracted to him..

He then asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I was already dating someone. He was surprised by my response. He told me he was under the impression that I was single and that's why he had gotten so close and intimate with me. But he didn't appear angry or sad. He even told me my bf was lucky to have me.

The problem now is that since that day he hasn't talked to me. When I see him in class, he doesn't even act like I exist. He doesn't reply my messages, doesn't pick up my calls and doesn't check up on me. Throughout this lockdown he hasn't even texted me once. This is unlike him. I feel very bad about the whole thing. It's almost like our relationship didn't mean anything to him and I didn't mean anything to him. I want to still be friends with him.

Dude doesn't want to be friend zoned. Can't you respect that?

Don't you want him to have his own girlfriend?

Why are you selfish?
You have your boyfriend and you still want him to be tagging behind you like a puppy, giving other girls impression you two have something going, abi?

Better respect yourself and let him be if you can't be his girl.

3 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by nwakibe: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
Just text Joe and tell him you are not in any relationship. You just wanted to know how jealous he will be. You will see him running back to you. But get ready to be fucking the two of them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by ItzEminence(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
This "He told me he was under the impression that I was single and that's why he had gotten so close and intimate with me" already answered the question why he's no longer talking to you.
There's no need since what he want with you will not work so the Gentle man has to work out.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by 6ft5: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Use the both guys to your advantage

Keep joe guy for assignments and handout test and other class stuff

While use the new guy for your finances phones,clothes,eateries wigs

And please stay in school hostle that way non of them can bother you with sex cause they can't gain access to girls hostel and you ever visit any of them reduce your sexual conversation with joe guy and learn to keep your phone private.....Hope it helps smiley

Oya see aunty, aunty! Aunty wey Mumu!!!

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Plut01: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
Why is no one talking about the greediness of the OP. why is no one saying anything about the new guy this OP is about to waste mentally with her emotional inconsistency?

@OP, if you have any feeling for your so called bestie (which clearly you do), then you don't have any reason to be with this new guy. Kill the feelings right away and concentrate on your new boyfriend or fucking go back to your bestie and start a relationship with him.

With the way i see it, you want to eat your cake and still have it. That to me is the highest form of emotional greed anyone can exhibit. You're dating a man and you still have and nurturing feelings for another that you're always certain of walking and doing things together. Tell me how you would be able to control yourself when you and him one day find yourselves somewhere alone. Tell me.

As if flirting with another while in relationship is not bad enough. You took it to another degree by getting angry and being unhappy because that same guy you always flirt with cut off communication with you.

I say it with all sincerity that you are confused and history made me understand that confused people are like scum that deserve only to be wiped around (your bestie will soon come back to give you the wiping).

Young lady, go back to your bestie and leave this man alone because emotional incompetent girl like yourself doesn't deserve that young man.

Leave him and go back to your bestie.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by bunminikan(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
For me you're dangerous. All you've said so far in summary is that you love both of them and you wanna keep them both
haba! Only you? You know even have fair of God. This' double dating. Leave Joe alone.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Calenikan(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
grin grin grin cheesy
Raydos:
Girls like OP will be very easy to have sex with!!

If Joe had waited a little bit longer, He will definitely Kpansh this OP, But I guess He isn't a bad guy, Cos According to this write-up, OP likes Joe already!

I was once in Joe's shoes too, She also told me She has a boyfriend, But by the look of things, I sensed she's still kinda into me

Las Las I Yansh the girl, Upon say she get Boyfriend ooo!!
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by emmyloski125(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
coronavirus19:
Lol, I had similar experience with a girl like that recently, almost like ur story except the fact that I don't have any dark experience. After she told me she has a boyfriend, that was the last time we ever spoke or chatted since this lockdown. Me don japa already for her matter
Exactly what happened to me too.....I've left her for good!
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Isoduwa(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
othermen:
Buy 7 candles, when it is 12AM, light it all. Call out his name 21 times, do these while fasting for 20days. He will talk to you.

So this is how you people use somebody bikin do ritual
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Mariangeles(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

Selfish!
You keep having feelings all over the place!
Get your priorities right girl!
One person at a time. But no! You'd rather have Tommy, Dicky and Harry!
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Poorboy41: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
But why?
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by OLAJADON: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

THIS IS MY SINCERE ADVICE AND I HOPE YOU LISTEN.
1) you don't know what you want.
2) ladies that act like the way you describe yourself above are very easy to deceive, just play the good guy for them, change their head password, get through their pant and let them be. they will be the one chasing you later when you stop acting like before then start calling all guys scum.
3)You have a boyfriend and you are flirting, it showings you are not serious. I am sure if Joe had try kissing you, you wont hesitate to reciprocate.
Your boyfriend is indeed lucky to have you.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by vallyboi(m): 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
Youths of nowadays. ''smh''

You both had feelings for each other since ,,,,

Since Mr Joe couldn't talk

Can't you talk

Abi na only boy dey toast babe

Abeg leave the dude joor

His mistake was taken it to slow

2 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Agbeni33: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
cool cool
othermen:
Buy 7 candles, when it is 12AM, light it all. Call out his name 21 times, do these while fasting for 20days. He will talk to you.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by OLAJADON: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
mattfeuter:
Ah! Let’s unpack this!

You have a boyfriend/in a relationship (who you clearly said has been treating you right) that’s not enough ,

You have another guy who is a “friend” according to you but you find him attractive and have deep intimate conversations with.

You told the second guy about your boyfriend and bad man japa, now this is where it gets really interesting! So it bothered you that much that the new guy isn’t talking to you again that you had to open a thread on NL ( all these while having a whole boyfriend).

You even have the nerve to want to friend zone the other guy lol (couldn’t be me tho)

You know you’re cheating right

I would have bought you pizza for this but I am fasting.

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Minemrys: 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Raydos:
Girls like OP will be very easy to have sex with!!

If Joe had waited a little bit longer, He will definitely Kpansh this OP, But I guess He isn't a bad guy, Cos According to this write-up, OP likes Joe already!

I was once in Joe's shoes too, She also told me She has a boyfriend, But by the look of things, I sensed she's still kinda into me

Las Las I Yansh the girl, Upon say she get Boyfriend ooo!!
you kn0w, there are still good, resp0nsible guys in the world who reason bey0nd cheap revenge tactics. Sexing the gal jux cos he wants to isn't just everything you kn0w. It isn't being badass or anything, just irresp0nsible.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by sketcherJ(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

I dislike girls like you with passion, you rubbish true relationships. You are a cheat is what you are. You dumb bvch! You got a boyfriend and still seeing perfection in another guy. Foolish girl. U know what? Your fvking Joe don't want you anymore. If your force it. He will only sleep with your stupid ass and he wi dump you because he will tell you that you can't be trusted since u had a bf and yet you sti fell for him. Stupid broad. If you give your current guy issue over this Joe boy that he knows nothing about. May you never find true love again. Ashewo. I dislike girls like you

6 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by galadima77(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
J111333:
For wanting to friendzone that innocent but smart dude, you probably won't make heaven. sad

There will always be that one person whose comment will put a smile on my face...lolz

I fear who no dey fear you!

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by silencer73(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

My only advice to you is to state what you want clearly because in your post now op you said Joe had feelings for you. It is not possible for Joe to have feelings for you and still be your friend knowing fully well that you're already in a relationship, its gonna hurt him the more when he is still close to you,That's the reason he gave you some distance.
So state what you want and choose wisely.
In this situation you can't have both guys.
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by GhostPhoenix(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Suzzi23:

Rona?
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Obidon1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
othermen:
good suggestion and advice
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by DADAYO5: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
J111333:
For wanting to friendzone that innocent but smart dude, you probably won't make heaven. sad

Haha!

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Antichristus: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Use the both guys to your advantage

Keep joe guy for assignments and handout test and other class stuff

While use the new guy for your finances phones,clothes,eateries wigs

And please stay in school hostle that way non of them can bother you with sex cause they can't gain access to girls hostel and you ever visit any of them reduce your sexual conversation with joe guy and learn to keep your phone private.....Hope it helps smiley

SEE NIGERIAN WOMEN/GIRLS? There you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Lovexme(m): 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
If you were that close to him, how come you never told him a guy was asking you out and is now your boyfriend? Why did you have to wait until he asked you out?

The guy is just like me. I even stop talking to any female friend that gets married. Heck, I delete their contacts. kiss

1 Like

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by Onucs(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Nothing hurts like being played. Because that is exactly what the dude is feeling right now. I mean if you guys are as closed as you have said then the dude(joe) ought to have known about your so called bf earlier. not until he asked you out.

Honest people don't don't like being played.

3 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by galadima77(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
sketcherJ:
I dislike girls like you with passion, you rubbish true relationships. You are a cheat is what you are. You dumb bvch! You got a boyfriend and still seeing perfection in another guy. Foolish girl. U know what? Your fvking Joe don't want you anymore. If your force it. He will only sleep with your stupid ass and he wi dump you because he will tell you that you can't be trusted since u had a bf and yet you sti fell for him. Stupid broad. If you give your current guy issue over this Joe boy that he knows nothing about. May you never find true love again. Ashewo. I dislike girls like you

Guy chill na, e get how we dey handle their type!

They will tell you all boys are the same....then u begin to wonder how dey knew this without sampling plenty
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by ekuboygood(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
hear this advice, when Joe ask u if u are single u simply reply him,and in his heart he fell in love with you but can't approach you cause he is afraid to tell u his feeling, being around u,u could have understand that he ve feeling 4 u,u know most of guys use to be afraid of dating girls,now he was fed up that he could not keep it for his self in stead told u his true love.hmmm sugar wey don enter garri no fit come out again except you add plenty water,the taste of sugar will disappear. you really mess up,u use so much water(boyfriend) to destroy the sugar(Joe) by dating ur bf.note this every first or second relationship is ur real partner go and find out

3 Likes

Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by sanpipita(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2020
Pls if he doesn't want to talk allow him be, unless you are ready to give in to what he might eventually want, that he distanced you means he saw no future or possiblity of having his intentions with you come to reality and to me that's sensible, let him have his time just maybe he might get over you and come back as a good friend
Re: A Male Friend Stopped Talking To Me Because I Have A Boyfriend by omotola90(m): 8:46pm On Apr 30, 2020
othermen:
I beg where badadviser dey.... This one na im brother oooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

I Said No To My Girlfriend For The First Time And She Feels Like Dying / Imo Village Head Dies After Marathon Sex With 2 Teenage Girls Aged 14 And 16 / Lady Almost Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction At Her Friend's Wedding. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.