Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth (38096 Views)

Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. / See Important Reasons Why You Need To Get Your Cars Tinted (2020) / Six Ways To Preserve The Resale Value Of Your Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by aguiyi2: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
One of the ills of our society.Living above one's income to impress imaginary fans.

3 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Maranzano(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Exclusive thread for car owners. Abeg make I park my Keke.
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
OP some people just see cars as a necessity to move about and not status items , even when the cars they own are very expensive.

IMO cars owned reflecting 20% of one's net worth is too much sef, unless the the person collects classic cars or is has businesses that requires cars.

But then someone into haulage or logistics vehicles could represent up to 50% of the persons net worth.

It all depends on the value the person attached to his cars.

6 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Ibeme: 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
OPUSDEI1:
The OP wrote like an accountant.

But he makes sense

Mine is less than 2%

2 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by SocialJustice: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
baconline:
I think the value of your cars relative to your net worth should be between 0 to 20% , anything more than that might be irresponsible.

I have seen guys who value their cars eat up 80% of their net worth. They are just forming big boys. I don talk my own two cents
You're right, 20% is even high, it shouldn't go beyond 10%.

5 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Jaspaman: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ladues and gentle men let the lies begin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by GamalNasser: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
baconline:
I think the value of your cars relative to your net worth should be between 0 to 20% , anything more than that might be irresponsible.

I have seen guys who value their cars eat up 80% of their net worth. They are just forming big boys. I don talk my own two cents
And how is that even your business,take this advice from me and prosper ,THERE IS NO EXACT FORMULA FOR SUCCESS IN LIFE , we are all all creations of fortune and not logic

9 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by ednut1(m): 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2020
How about minding your business. I bought my first car with all my savings in 2015. I work late and it was risky entering bus due to once chance and also flooding in my area. Just ferk off bro

20 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Fidelismaria: 12:33pm On Apr 29, 2020

wetin I go comment here sef?

Make I go think am

I dey come

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by optimistD(m): 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
Mine is11%
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Slymonster(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Car is a necessity bro. All this are long talk. If you buy expensive car,that's your headache
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
aguiyi2:
One of the ills of our society.Living above one's income to impress imaginary fans.

Well said
From the commenta read so far

You will even see that mentality on thos thread being exhibited by some
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by lexy2014: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
GamalNasser:

And how is that even your business,take this advice from me and prosper ,THERE IS NO EXACT FORMULA FOR SUCCESS IN LIFE , we are all all creations of fortune and not logic

That's how MC hammer and Nicholas Cage became broke

5 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
ednut1:
How about minding your business. I bought my first car with all my savings in 2015. I work late and it was risky entering bus due to once chance and also flooding in my area. Just ferk off bro

Huh?
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Techydude: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
baconline:

If you're a salary earner who saved up to buy an expensive car just to show off. Then you're way in over your head already. Business owners in some sectors of the economy need to look the part so they can have access to the people who matter. Perception is very important. If you don't look the part you often won't get the role. There's a lot to consider. The 20% rule makes a lot of sense but their are exceptions and several people can attest their success to the image they project. The key to generating wealth is to spend way less than what you earn. Often, you'll need to take a leap of faith and extend yourself to get to the next level.

15 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
SocialJustice:
You're right, 20% is even high, it shouldn't go beyond 10%.

Very good, but difficult.

That means if you are using a car of N2 million, you should have a minimum Networth of N20 million.

2 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by ednut1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
DexterousOne:

Huh?
wetin happen o
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
lexy2014:

Nigerians no dey hear word.

That has always been our problem

1 Like

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by seanwilliam(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
I believe a car should not take more than 30% of your net worth..e get why.. but assuming it is for business, then it can take up to 50% self..

Note; before u buy one car, Make sure you get the money for two.. e get why

12 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by crafteck(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
Problem is networth is dynamic, changes daily, weekly or monthly depending on your job and expenses

3 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by grandstar(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
baconline:

You may be right and wrong.

It all depends on your networth. If you bought an 800,000 car as a young white collar worker, it might seem very prudent.

If however, if you're worth 100m and you're drinking a 20m Toyota jeep, then you're reckless.

I heard of a guy who made 100m in a property transaction and spent 20m on a Lexus jeep. An 8m car would have done.

7 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by ednut1(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
lexy2014:

that is how elton John and will Smith did not become broke

6 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
Techydude:

If you're a salary earner who saved up to buy an expensive car just to show off. Then you're way in over your head already. Business owners in some sectors of the economy need to look the part so they can have access to the people who matter. Perception is very important. If you don't look the part you often won't get the role. There's a lot to consider. The 20% rule makes a lot of sense but their are exceptions and several people can attest their success to the image they project. The key to generating wealth is to spend way less than what you earn. Often, you'll need to take a leap of faith and extend yourself to get to the next level.

You also spoke well

It all boils down to MOTIVE

3 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
ednut1:
that is how elton John and will Smith did not become broke

Are u sure you understand the topic at hand?

2 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Dukeolumidemans(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
Here to read comments... grin grin grin tongue
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by DexterousOne(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
grandstar:

You may be right and wrong.

It all depends on your networth. If you bought an 800,000 car as a young white collar worker, it might seem very prudent.

If however, if you're worth 100m and you're drinking a 20m Toyota jeep, then you're reckless.

I heard of a guy who made 100m in a property transaction and spent 20m on a Lexus jeep. An 8m car would have done.

Well
You know how Naija people dey do
Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by Jeffyblaq(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Coins would continue making noise..

Paper would only be heard..

Above all, still humble and noble!

6 Likes

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by dxdiag(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Owing a car no doubt is important but should not be a yard stick to measuring your networth.

1 Like

Re: Total Value Of Your Cars Relative To Your Net Worth by dangoteinlaw: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Gone are the days car was just a necessity, it is very very important now infact it's importance is almost rivalring owning a house now. If u live in an environment where they see all car owners as living above their means then thats your fault.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

22 Vehicle Manufacturers to Move into Nigeria / Rare Ferrari 288 GTO Worth $2 Million Stolen By Would-be Buyer During Test Drive / 2018 Lexus GS F (price, Photos And Features)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.