Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo (37666 Views)

Charles Soludo Wins APGA governorship Primaries / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Babacele: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
budaatum:
We are going to have to pay in deaths what we can't afford to throw dollars at. Go check New Yorks tax receipts and compare it to, say, Nigeria's.

New York population in 2018 was 8.399 million.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10838566_notable01192_jpeg8aae8d87341382d776b914f6fcf5f531

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10838567_notable01193_jpeg0d553b7449d3d434145e239ceafbb8c7
yes that is the actuality in Soludo's beautiful observations but to a mystic leader who can meditate, there are options from higher planes that can change the realities. Has anybody investigated the Madagascan claims, and how Africa can leverage on it?
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by 4gunners(m): 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
kosiemma:
This paragraph got me in this write up

Every African society has some local herbs that, to use President Trump’s phrase, “might help”. While the UK and others are experimenting with vaccines, you never know if an Africa herb might be the cure. Necessity is the mother of invention, and only those who dare, succeed!

Why can’t we Africans start our own trial with our herbs it might help

Tribalism has eaten deep in the heart of Africans
This are people that are supposed to be in our Government not empty brains
That is what you get when the large parcentage of those that will vote are stark illiterate, and can be easily hoodwinked by 2 bowls of rice. We really have a long way to go as a nation.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Subzero047: 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
[s][b]
solmus:
cool

Audio Nigerian Professors don come.. Na only talk them sabi, create vaccine or cure all of them don silent, scammer Professor Iwu don go dodge for one corner

[/s]

When wise ones are proffering solutions, stupid people shouldn't interfere
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by solmus: 4:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Subzero047:
[b]

When wise ones are proffering solutions, stupid people shouldn't interfere

tell that to the stupid people who couldn't train a grown bum on how to my its business and comment his own without butting into others
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Subzero047: 4:43pm On Apr 25, 2020
solmus:

tell that to the stupid people who couldn't train a grown bum on how to my its business and comment his own without butting into others

It is *mind*, next time take your quota system education serious

Ewu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by solmus: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2020
Subzero047:

It is *mind*, next time take your quota system education serious

Ewu

insulting a stranger.. I can bet my balls the tribe you are from.. everybody sabi una so please yourself
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Subzero047: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2020
solmus:

insulting a stranger.. I can bet my balls the tribe you are from.. everybody sabi una so please yourself

Only a fool resorts to tribalism at every point, you have gained my words of wisdom now go and play in the mud
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by solmus: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2020
Subzero047:

Only a fool resorts to tribalism at every point, you have gained my words of wisdom now go and play in the mud

lol o my we no the piglets that play in the mud.. we all know them
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Subzero047: 4:50pm On Apr 25, 2020
solmus:

lol o my we no the piglets that play in the mud.. we all know them

You are worse than piglets and you know it
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by CeterisXVII: 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2020
oyekanwahab:
Everything has time and duration, the Lock down was absolutely necessary at that time, or else we won't be saying all this we are saying

now that it counter productive, let government go back to the drawing board and see a way forward
Thank you, o jaré!! May you live long! What needs to be done is to create or implement effective logistics and distribution services to ensure the palliatives get to the right people, an are not hijacked by a select few.

All those speaking grammar against the lockdown, CANNOT offer any other practical alternative, to checkmate the spread of the virus, in a way that the lockdown is trying to do. angry

The most wayward and unruly set of people in the world, were put inside Nigeria.

Ask them to practise social distancing. They will ignore you, the minute it is time to share one mudu of garri. shocked

Tell them to wash their hands every 30 minutes, or to use sanitiser they will ignore you, and say after all, they had their bath in the morning, as if that is enough to protect them.

The freedom to swing your arms of rebellion ends where another man's nose begins.

The sad thing is that their evil actions of flouting the lockdown, will endanger the lives of family, friends and acquaintances around them, if they end up becoming asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19. undecided

This virus spends 3-5 days on stainless steel surfaces and metal. It lasts for about 4 days on plastics. So even if you are being careful, there are still chances that people around you can contract the virus from infected surfaces, anywhere they go, and they might end up infecting you as well! sad

Isn't it this Nigeria where people do not disinfect their basic homes and shops, not to talk of their environment? Abegi!! sad
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Mouhstorph5(m): 12:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
semid4lyfe:
Luckily for us, most covid-19 cases in Nigeria are mild to moderate with most infected people being asymptomatic throughout so the prognosis for recovery is good.

The population demograpy favours us too. 90.87% of our population is from age 1 - 49 years. 50 - 59 years: 4.50%, 60 - 69years: 2.56%, above 70years: 2.45%. Our median age is 17.9.

The latent resistance we've built to diseases like malaria, typhoid etc over the years seems to have built our immunity and helping most infected people to beat the disease.

Data from some studies show countries with a BCG vaccination program have far fewer cases, milder cases and lower rates of transmission of covid-19 than those who don't.

Also, some studies link higher temperatures to reduced spread of the virus.

All these bode well for us.

Bonny light is currently at $17/barrel and our vessels are roaming the high seas offering incentives and discounted prices yet there are no buyers.

Due to the pandemic, government has lost so much revenue and our economy is predicted to go into recession post covid-19.

Our economy is mostly informal with most people irking a living from their daily hustle.

FG and states cannot provide palliatives to sustain the lockdown/stay at home.

Then who are we deceiving?

We cannot be on lockdown and stay home indefinitely.

We have one of the lowest covid-19 testing rate/million in the world and at our present rate of testing, the curve will not be flattened anytime soon. This means the virus will be with us for a long time.

We have to adopt a Covid-19 strategy tailored to our unique circumstances and find a way to live with the virus without stiffling economic activities.

What an excellent submission.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 12, 2020
Lockdown or not you will still bury people. Your country is already over populated so it ain't that bad. Dont worry. My immune system is badass. Worry about yourself. And the millions that will die because of hunger or diseases related to malnutrition. Worry about those that will die due to increase in crime rates. Better make sure you have up to 500k for a good gun and license to protect yourself. Also be sure to have enough money for 2 years. That is how long any lockdown will take before the curve flattens. And that is assuming no dependents.

pesty100:
expect you are ready to bury millions of people (that if you are still alive yourself) you should stop advocating against lockdown. When thousands of people start to die on a daily basis in Nigeria i would hope you would be well fed

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Eight Bills Into Law / ''You Are A Favorite Of The Press'' - Buhari Jokes With Okowa (Photo) / DSS Denies Arresting EFCC Boss, Ibrahim Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.