Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo (37680 Views)

Charles Soludo Wins APGA governorship Primaries / Buhari Appointment Of Charles Soludo Makes Me Believe He Means Well For Nigeria / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by joyandfaith: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
solmus:
cool

Audio Nigerian Professors don come.. Na only talk them sabi, create vaccine or cure all of them don silent, scammer Professor Iwu don go dodge for one corner

it takes 12 to 18 months to provide a safe vaccine.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
They cant

You cant lockdown people in hunger
And with this lockdown we are killing an economy that is already about to explode with current all prices.
So far so good. This lockdown and current federal income spell a suicide mission

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by ajimotoke(m): 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Very simple capital "NO" they can't, no stories, there is hunger in the state.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Karrima: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Ok
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Swingking(m): 9:07am On Apr 24, 2020
It's time to beef up border security using a Geospatial perspective. A prolonged lockdown in its totality will be counter productive.

Watch this perspective till the end and have your say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddHeJvpiRw
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Corrinthians(m): 9:09am On Apr 24, 2020
I have said it and will continue to say it, Lockdown is hardly the best choice of action for us to take and is hardly sustainable. Pur government doesn't have what it takes for a successful implementation.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by BarryJones(m): 9:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Good morning o please what is the proper reply if I am greeted "e ku lockdown o" by a friend currently not in Nigeria. Thanks
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by solmus: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2020
joyandfaith:

it takes 12 to 18 months to provide a safe vaccine.

sure atleast before being available on shelves at the pharmacy after clinical trial, but then they aint doing nothing as per research
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by mauchiz: 9:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Where is President Buhari and Osibanjo?
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by lastempero: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
When i see write ups where they admonish african leaders to think out of the box and improve on their governance, i just laugh and move forward.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by kerry57: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
We can't afford it gaskiya

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Iamgrey5(m): 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
Soludo only re echoed what majority of us have been saying since two weeks ago.

Nigeria and indeed Africa cannot afford a lock down .

We simply don't have the resources to enable us afford a lock down.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Arizonaz: 9:10am On Apr 24, 2020
you never know if an Africa herb might be the cure. Necessity is the mother of invention, and only those who dare, succeed!

Africa O Africa let's stop copying and pasting from the white.

Let's unite and work towards achieving a common goal.

Our background can't keep us on ground. We are wise we are strong.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 24, 2020
The so called measures for preventing the spread are inherently discriminatory. How can the poor wash their hands when more than half don't have access to safe sources of water? How can they stay at home when most make less than 2 dollars a day and they have to work everyday to make a living? How can they practice social distancing when most urban settlements are overcrowded and lack personal hygiene and sanitation facilities (which they share)?
People need to start asking serous questions

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Acidosis(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2020
andyanders:
Soludo, God bless you. Our incompetent leaders cannot apply the above stated by an economist, rather, they will looking for ways to loot the donated funds. People are hungry and the moment the poor man who hunger is killing is rushed to the huspital, health workers would tag the person as covid-19.

Another gibberish about donated funds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by HundredWays(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Interesting
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by kingkon(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Long reasonable write up bro....I bet you 70% of Africans will not border reading beyond your first paragraph. not to talk of surviving lock down cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by justli: 9:12am On Apr 24, 2020
Ccc
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by teadrake(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2020
This should be adopted without further delay or else, our economy would be thrown off the cliff and hunger will be the order of the day.
Covid-19 is here to stay; this lockdown is not sustainable considering how pathetic our leaders are in terms of ideas and measures. Aftermath of COVID-19, I hope government at all level can focus on a centralized database system to capture every citizens, provide quality and sound health care system and fund and create new research institute to prepare for future emergency such as this and develop a template for future management. God bless us. Ramadan Kareem to my Muslim brothers and sisters
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by henrixx(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2020
lockdown never never the solution for us here in Africa

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by exynos(m): 9:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Like if you see it

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Acidosis(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2020
Nice write-up but I'm surprised he didn't mention anything about testing. Well, he's an economist so it's not out of place to address this challenge from the viewpoint of money. It's what any economist or businessman will do.

You just can't wish away this virus because you want to make money. You didn't consider the lives of the health workers and the burden on our weak health infrastructure. Absolutely nothing was said by Soludo on these key issues.

Like the lockdown, the entire suggestions about nose masks, disinfectants and others will not work. They're not part of us. You can't condemn a foreign measure (lockdown) and bring upon us another foreign measure (wearing of nose masks). Both came from the West and both would be resisted in the same measure by the same sets of people.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Elvis2kay: 9:15am On Apr 24, 2020
wink
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Corporate2020: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2020
AsomughaChuks05:
CC Soludo. Exhaling wisdom as always. The next governor of Anambra state.

You people have been calling him the next governor of Anambra State since the idiot Yar'Adua stupidly renoved Soludo and replaced him with the disgraced Jihadist Sanusi Lamido. Up till today, Soludo never become LG Chairman.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Cammo: 9:16am On Apr 24, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Africans can't do without the help of their colonizers

Any help that's gonna come will be throught international funds

But it won't go without a cost

Your freedoms
The same colonizers that are begging for help?
Go sleep abeg.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Elvis2kay: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2020
cool
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Corporate2020: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2020
andyanders:
Soludo, God bless you. Our incompetent leaders cannot apply the above stated by an economist, rather, they will looking for ways to loot the donated funds. People are hungry and the moment the poor man who hunger is killing is rushed to the huspital, health workers would tag the person as covid-19.

Soludo is a member of the nation's Economic Team. What is his impact?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Xisnin(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2020
I am against lockdown because it is not really being enforced.
Only small business owners staff are bearing the burdens.
The lockdown should be lifted while interstate traveling should be strictly controlled but for essential goods.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Cammo: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2020
ProfDview1:
For those that can't read well, lemme explain what Charles Trump is saying

Trump said Africa cannot afford to be in lockdown in this corona time... He also said Nigerians shud be wary of our leaders abt this corona business..

Trump also mentioned agege 1 million boys too, he said he will destroy them with his f22 fighter jet if they (1 million boys) dare threatened Iran again

I hope you guys understand now?

I hope to CONFUSE you but not to CONVINCE you
gringringringrin

Guys, which one sweet pass btw BREAKING BAD and HOMELAND
Breaking Bad. Mad series.
Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2020
Capital No.
No no no.

Re: COVID-19: Can Africa Afford Lockdowns? - Charles Soludo by Oladeji245(m): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2020
solmus:
cool

Audio Nigerian Professors don come.. Na only talk them sabi, create vaccine or cure all of them don silent, scammer Professor Iwu don go dodge for one corner

atleast everyone now knows you are stvpid.
pelee

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lekki Toll Shooting: My Leg Was Amputated After I Was Shot - Adebayo Francis / Saraki: "IGP Idris Plans To Implicate Me, Using Some Thugs" / Williams Ibori Dies 4 Months After Wedding (James Ibori’s Brother Is Dead)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.