Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,554 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? (28756 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Risentouch(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
Crofton:

Anyone should believe this trash at their own peril.

And am not forcing you to
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Risentouch(m): 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Emperormartin:

Nawao...is this true?

Very true

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jide11CAC: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
SafariBoy:

Lol efele ni ijebu
are you from ijebu ode?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by IamgratefulLord(f): 3:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Samabu07:

If you have vacancy in your school and in need of a Mathematics, Further maths, chemistry or Physics teacher. Please let me know. My friend studied Chemical Engineering and lives in Kuje too. He's a teacher but out of job for a long time.
Chai! smiley It's just a new school. ( No secondary section) .We have creche, pre nursery, Nursery and primary classes. Sorry!
Is your friends name Tayo??

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Princejebs(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
howmarket2:
guy I like that.you should have dropped something like, I ll be back for you.lol that man ll not come to work for like 3weeks.he ll be calling to ask if anybody check on him in the office.
You guys will kill somebody with laughter
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
2012. My pastor that year been day piety my condition for lag, he collected all this gnld advert and brought to me. Then I no know say na them. Fast foward to that Saturday. I woke up trecked from abuloshun to festac. Enter bus to till I reach oshodi.

I had only 200 left on me. When I reached there I heard noises every where.. My upliner called me sat me down in a class with one fine girl lecturing. Ah!!! Mogbe!!! I was pained when I heard 11,500 will get you your first pv. Ah!!
I felt like calling the guy outside and beating him up. This guys were on my neck to deposit anything I can.. Ah!!

Finally I stepped out, drank coke 50 naira buns 20 naira. Money remain 30 naira. Na so I leg am from oshodi to abuloshun I reached home 12:30am. I sick for 1 week.

Till today, if I see any person giving me anything in form of paper, oh my god"!! My eyes alone go skin am alive.

20 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by kachii77: 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
Can’t the other Pc connect wirelessly to the printer or am I wrong

howmarket2:
you could use a USB adapter with two or more USB ports.why not it ll connect.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
yeme7:
Well mine goes like this.... I went for interview in one of the state, I was the first person to got there, after so much waiting, I saw people coming one by one we were up to like 10 in one position that's when I believe I won't get the job, to make matter worse a lady who came for the interview told me to forget about it that if could speak their Tribe I said no she said I should forget it... Then after we were called to one by one, imagine me be the first to come I was the last. To cut the story short I was called him after everything I started talking immediately I was told to stop, they told me bye bye that I should forget the job... So one thing came to my mind that I can go home just like that, so I excused one of the interviewer that I have no money to travel back to my state. � � � The man asked me how. Much I said 5k,immediately the man gave me the money.. I said bye bye na who. Wan lost
grin grin
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
start your application as soon as possible, wait for the remaining ones after the lockdown

My guy, how do I start this process biko.. I really need it. I haven't taken IELTs and I haven't gotten International Passport yet.. Can I still go ahead or do I need those things first?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Tchalz(m): 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Meeen cant forget that one. I dont know how I totally forgot everything I was supposed to say. I sounded like one big fúcking bumbling idiot. Couldnt string sentences. There was no reason to because the questions were simple enough.... my experiences. At one point the interviewers looked at each other as if to say " na wa for this guy" . Till today I dont know how it happened. I knew I wouldnt get that job. Would have been surprised if I did

Then there was this other one I did in Lagos. I felt insulted by the people who were interviewing me. Some small boys with very inflated egos. I went for that interview more out politeness. After the 1st question I knew I didnt want to work there. I just clammed up and refused to cooperate. Stared them down and assumed my most arrogant posture. I think I even laughed at one of them sef at the question he asked me. LOL
I understand that feeling.I've been there a couple of times.I think it is lack of confidence that causes it

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jide11CAC:
are you from ijebu ode?
No sir, i heard that slang from someone.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ecode1(m): 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Went for an interview and after the normal tell me about yourself, the first simple question I i was asked, i went blank out of anxiety. Though I later picked up and calm my nerve but the bad deed was done. Know one thing that the more you attend interview, the better you become.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by larryking540: 3:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

I'm a female smiley
Are you a teacher?
If yes, you can easily get a PGD in Education with NTI ( National Teachers Institute ). They have their study centres in all the states including FCT. ( It's a one year program with only Saturday lectures) But be ready to read o!! The sizes of the handouts is out of this world.
You can check their website for more details, I know that you can still get admission for 2020 session. Just check their website. smiley

Am currently not in 9ja,so I will go try their site to get update ,how's the grading system ,and how many semester/exam

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by jarrot(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mine was in 2015 after NYSC a friend introduced me to a school in need of a physics teacher. I applied and was called for a test but what baffled me was being tested on 3 different subjects this include Physics, Mathematics and geography. I did well in Physics and Mathematics but not so good in geography, it was time for oral interview they picked a topic in Physic and Mathematics and made me teach the students which I smashed. When it got to the salary I was asked to name my price, I said 80k I noticed a shock on their faces so I asked of their salary scale they said they pay 35k but considering how great I did they wouldn't mind to add extra 5k. I went mute lipsrsealed I refused.
They tried playing a mind game with me thus; think about those innocent children you just taught now, wouldn't it be nice to impact them with such an intelligence you've got ?
As a teacher your reward is in heaven,wouldn't you be happy to see your student excel?
Was shocked, I just told them I can't take 40k teaching ss1 to ss3 both subjects. Preparing lesson note and all the stress just for 40k?
Most private schools are wicked, students pay 60k as fees and all you can pay is 40k?
A better job came knocking

14 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by yusman14(m): 3:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
tebiere:
My first interview ever.

Interviewer : what did you study ??
Me: Fine and Applied Arts grin
Interviewer : so you mean to tell me you wasted money to buy Jamb form just to study Fine arts undecided
Me: cheesy it wasn't a waste and i don't regret ever studying FAA grin

like seriously??
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
chukzyfcbb:
Tech Interview

Lebanese: So you I see you have networking certificates, CCNA and the rest, so what's Networking?

Me: (in my head wtf such a cheap question). Networking is the connection of two or more devices to share resources eg Internet, Printer , files

Lebanese/Indian guy : (Smiles), so I have a usb printer attached to a PC, how can another user pc make use of that same printer.

Me: (realises this one no be certificate theory jumbo). started talking rubbish....

Lebanese/Indian guy: ....But you just said networking is about sharing resources eg Printer

Me: Was cold as all the Networking Certificate now proved useless in the face of Pratical.

smiley

wait o.. You couldn't lecture them? Or you hadn't any practical experience?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
Told them I could rebuild their homepage in 2hours they handed me a PC and set off the timer.
I couldn't get passed setting up the database and menu area.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Jide11CAC: 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
Okay sir.
SafariBoy:

No sir, i heard that slang from someone.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by IamgratefulLord(f): 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
larryking540:

Am currently not in 9ja,so I will go try their site to get update ,how's the grading system ,and how many semester/exam
Do you live abroad permanently? If yes, you can get your PGD in Education over there.
But.... If you live in Nigeria, just visit their website to get a first hand information.
Just two semesters. For the grading system. ( No grades!! Just pass or Fail. But for you to get a pass in each of the courses, you must have 50% score in the subject.
49.99% is fail. There are carry-overs for this program, that's why I emphasized on reading and studying.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Leonard24(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=Kevsmart88 post=88801651]
grin you're a crazy dude[/quote
I don laugh sotee tears the comot from.my eyes..
At that time na Rundown song dey your head.
Lagos to Kampala..
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ultimate77(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
howmarket2:
you could use a USB adapter with two or more USB ports.why not it ll connect.

With that man's question, he did not state if the systems were connected to the same isp. And then using a Usb adaptor again to connect to another pc to print from the same printer is a shitty connection when you can run a short lan connection with a 5 port swithch if it's a small office or even a router to supply connectivity it's not a must to have internet to connect 2 or more pcs to a network and make his own pc the printer server.

You wan block space everywhere with usb split? Lol

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by evil1: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dmeji4444:
I am Muslim that wear beards. On that d, interviewer shifted from the major interview and started asking about Boko Haram immediately he checked my name on the CV.

questions like;

What do you know about Boko Haram?

How do you feel if you hear the news about the members of the sect being killed?

I smiled, picked my CV from his desk then walked out.

I think they only wanted to test your emotional and mental state of how your react to stuffs

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by ecode1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
I did one interview via phone and I dusted it but when I got to the office proper, they offer to pay me below my expectation.
I walked out on them like a boss. I am still sarching and looking for that dream Job.

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by pocohantas(f): 4:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Joshater:

.maybe you were tensed up...

Yes I was. They were asking me so many questions at the same time. I got the job though.

1 Like

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 24, 2020
pocohantas:

Yes I was. They were asking me so many questions at the same time. I got the job though.

Poco Poco
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by nickvanilla(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:
Hmmmm....
I went for an interview as a tecaher in a very big school in Gwarinpa, Abuja. (Expensive)
I live in kuje, on the day of the interview I left my house by 6am in the morning and got to the school at about 7.30am. The interview was for 8 a.m. Na so the proprietress come tell me to write application letter, write another letter about how I encountered Jesus, write a lesson note on Computer softwares ( System and application softwares) , then do teaching practice. After that na so the madam come interview me. I was there till 5pm.
I passed the exams, did well with the lesson notes, and also the oral interview.
Time to tell me my salary, the madam said that she would pay me 40k. My ears went deaf for about 2 minutes, I kept saying sorry... Sorry... Sorry... As if I didn't understand what she said.
I told her thank you and left.
When I got home I said to myself, f*ck it. angry
40k? Most Private school owners are wicked, they collect millions as school fees and pay their staff peanuts. I have a Bsc degree.
I also have a PGD in Education and a TRCN certificate and I also have a passion to teach.
I called my mum and told her I wanted to start my own school in kuje, my mum surprised me and sent me a huge sum of money to start my school. It was like film trick.
Today to the glory of God I have my own school. I bless God I didn't accept that offer.
wink Sometimes you just have to push yourself to achieve your dream.
I treat my staff well too. smiley

So on the average, how much are you paying your staff?
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by Elvis506(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
immediately after serving my country in lokoja, i quickly dashed down to abuja. job hunting activated. after 3 months, a day to my birthday. i got a mail from one of the coy i applied in. sharp sharp! had my best haircut, suit well ironed, and i quarantined myself for proper interview rehearsals. interview time was by 10am but i got to the venue 35minutes before. about 50 of us, different positions. kept us in the dark for more than 2hrs without a word, no tv to watch only cctv and guy man never take breakfast. maybe part of the interview. some applicant left angrily. by 1pm we were seperated according to positions applied for. 5 of us gunning for a position, 3 ladies and 2 guys. shortly the first person was called in and she came out 5minutes later. i sensed trouble when i saw the look on her face. i was the last person...ghen ghen...next person, na i readjusted my gentle tie and dashed into the conference room behold a man and 2 women observing me from quite a distance. when i greeted, introduce urself was the reply i got. i briefly dished out my selling points for them to digest. then questions started flying in from the 3 cardinal points.. i answered majority of which they affirmed by nodding their heads. i felt proud of myself cos i never expected some of the response i gave. the next question the male interviewer asked was "how re you sef?" i answered him, then he asked another "how many years of working experience do u have? i answered. then i received the shockest.....he said "you re too young for this position". one of the lady, an interviewer approached him and then told him in yoruba dialect that " he did well, better than others. i think we should consider him. it was more like a silent debate. at the end they told me that i was too young and i dont have upto 8yrs of working experience. i felt cheated and broken. appetite varnished and i trekked long distance under the hot sun without knowing i was trekking with my dress to kill suit....

12 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by olax02(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Randy100:
I went to job interview. I wanted to look different from others. I wore native attire with the traditional cap. The way those idiots conducting the interview blasted me made me angry even up till now.
you must be an indigene of ibadan grin

2 Likes

Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by chloroform: 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ramos16:

I had the same experience as your first story, it was KPMG, I had smashed all the test and it was just face to face interview, it went terribly, I was so nervous I thought I was going to faint. Surprisingly enough, they gave my second thoughts, while others were receiving acceptance or rejection emails, I did not see mine till much later. It was the worst experience ever. But the interviewers were nice.

They started asking me questions about my home to calm me down. It was humiliating, but I wish they understood that the only reason I got nervous was because of how much importance I put into getting into the company.

But I am actually really happy they did not give me a chance, else I won't be here today, I know what I have achieved now I would not have achieved in 20 years in KPMG

Never say never

You never can say.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by IamgratefulLord(f): 4:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
nickvanilla:

So on the average, how much are you paying your staff?
Why should I disclose how much I pay my staff in a public forum ?? angry If you want to know, considering the fact I just started the school,their salary is reasonable. None even require transport fare. All my staff live in the same area where my school is situated.
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by larryking540: 4:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
IamgratefulLord:

Do you live abroad permanently? If yes, you can get your PGD in Education over there.
But.... If you live in Nigeria, just visit their website to get a first hand information.
Just two semesters. For the grading system. ( No grades!! Just pass or Fail. But for you to get a pass in each of the courses, you must have 50% score in the subject.
49.99% is fail. There are carry-overs for this program, that's why I emphasized on reading and studying.

I really don't know the prices here,but I will check ,I understand my 9ja system better ,I just want to prepare ahead ,
Re: Worst Interview Experience? What Happened? by IamgratefulLord(f): 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
larryking540:

I really don't know the prices here,but I will check ,I understand my 9ja system better ,I just want to prepare ahead ,
Why do you need a PGD in Education? angry
What's your present job?
Do you want to own a school in Nigeria??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2014 Eunisell Limited (oil & Gas) Graduate Trainee Programme / Massive Recruitment at Federal University, Kashere Gombe State, May 2015 / World Bank Job For African Nationals.... Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.