Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:22 PM

Roses And Thorns - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Roses And Thorns (73556 Views)

Roses And Thorns (7) / "My 2021 Story." (roses And Thorns) / Purple Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roses And Thorns by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 29, 2020
I Wept cry
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:08pm On May 29, 2020
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Joel got home looking dejected and tired, by the time he entered the living room, his parents were pacing around uncomfortably, he had ignored their calls throughout the day. His Mom was the first to bombard him with questions.

"Nnam, what happened? you were not taking our calls. Melody left the house since morning, according to the gate man and she is not yet back"

"Or did you later come home to take her with you?, what happened to your clothe and why is your shoe stained with blood?" his father added. Joel let out a full breath and sighed, the tears started gathering again but then he wiped them off before they could drop.

"Dad, Mom, Melody was abducted earlier today by a psycho, she was raped and stabbed before we could get there, she has been taken to the hospital though and she is still unconscious" he sniffed.

"Oh my God, that girl is a good girl, she doesn't look for people's trouble na" his mother said feeling sober.

"Is it the same guy that killed Mercy?" his father asked.

"Yes Dad, but we caught the idiot though" Joel replied, they had been standing since he got home.

"That's good, igbagbuokwala ya? (Have you shot him dead already?) the woman asked, she was crying already.

"I want to, but they said he will be taken to court and punished according to the law" Joel sneered.

"If that's the case then, you need to contact our family lawyer, he is a very good lawyer and he has never lost a case before" his father explained going close to Joel.

"I don't even need a renowned lawyer, we have already won the case, it's just for us to get the permission to kill him" Joel shrugged.

"My son, this is Nigeria, expect anything to happen. contact our family laywer now" his father replied.

"I will do that tomorrow Dad, i need to freshen up and rest, i will be in my room now" he hugged his father and pecked his mom on the cheek before climbing up the stairs.

Ambler got to the police station, he was dressed in black suit with a blue shirt, he carried a black portfolio in hands, and a black shoe to compliment his dressing. He went to the counter, three police men were there already, he greeted them and brought his business card out.

"I am barrister Ambler, and my client is in your custody, i need to see him" he said, making sure they looked at the card very well.

"Na who be your client?" one of the police men asked.

"Ezenwa Akueze, he was brought in yesterday after getting treated at the hospital, he has a wound on one of his legs" he explained further.

"You mean that rapist? so na you wan defend am for court? I pity your life" another police man hissed.

"Every body is entitled to a lawyer and he or she is not guilty until proven otherwise by the court of law. Can i see him now?" he picked his card from the desk and shoved it in his portfolio.

"Oya follow me kia kia" the first police man told him. they walked through a corridor and on getting to the last office, the diverted to another corridor and walked down, few minutes after, they were out in the field, they crossed the field and entered another corridor, the police man stopped at the first cell by the right. "You only get 20 minutes to talk with am because say you be him lawyer, I dey here dey wait" the policeman eyed him. Ambler ignored him and entered the cell, it wasn't as smelly and dirty as people had explained to him. It was empty and neat, Ezenwa sat on the floor with his bandaged leg stretched out in front of him.

"Ambler, you finally came" he said as happiness embedded his face.

"How is your leg?, is it paining much?" Ambler asked looking around for where to sit and when he didn't find, he resorted to leaning on the wall.

"It is not that painful anymore" Ezenwa replied him.

"I heard you raped the girlfriend of a captain, dude, you should have feared God na, soldiers are mean and wicked, not to talk of their captain, oboy your matter pass me" Ambler shook his head in pity.

"Oh cut the crap, i raped and killed his ex fiance, what did he do?" he sneered.

"Well that was because he wasn't around from what i heard" Ambler shrugged.

"I didn't call you here for you to tell me how mean soldiers are" Ezenwa sneered.

"Oya why did you call me here?"

"They are planning to take me to court and i need a lawyer" he said.

"You don't need a lawyer to defend you because you are guilty as charged, you only need a lawyer to represent you in court" he adjusted his tie.

"Common Ambler, you have been our family lawyer since i can remember, you know what to do to make me a free man."

"On one condition" Ambler spoke huskily.

"I know, father's documents right? i was already planning to give them to you" Ezenwa replied.

"Yes, but this time around, i won't be giving you a dime, the documents becomes mine once i get you out of here" he grinned.

"Deal" Ezenwa replied with a broad smile.

"Have a nice day" Ambler said leaving the cell.

9 Likes

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:09pm On May 29, 2020
enirock:
hmmm. Thanks aunty preshy for proofreading several times

lol, she no wan cause wahala again.

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:10pm On May 29, 2020
Ann2012:
Ezenwa needs to be castrated angry Thanks for the update ma'am

thanks honey, we will cut off his balls
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:11pm On May 29, 2020
Embellished:
Which one is law again? Give him to Joel jare and let him finish work.

lol, you and Joel supposed be siblings.
una dey quick vex.

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:12pm On May 29, 2020
Embellished:

Lol, because we never forget the trouble wey you cause the other time.

I swear
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:13pm On May 29, 2020
Embellished:

So, she even gave you noodles yesterday? grin grin

yes ooo, i gave her noodles ooo with chilled fanta sef.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:14pm On May 29, 2020
Ujunwa14:
Captain don vex, chai. Thanks OP

thanks honey
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:15pm On May 29, 2020
PrudySara:
I dey vex like this!
Damselposh, why na?
I pray she survives this

no vex my love, the title of the story na "Roses and Thorns" e no suppose dey all Rosy.

2 Likes

Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:15pm On May 29, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Keep up the good work

thanks sweetheart
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:16pm On May 29, 2020
Humbleness:
l am not happy at all but thanks for the update with sad heart.
you are doing a great job

am sorry darling, i will make it up to you guys in my next story.
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:17pm On May 29, 2020
Khriztarl:
abi. Lol thanks for the update

thanks honey
Re: Roses And Thorns by damselposh(f): 10:18pm On May 29, 2020
LordOfSamosa:
I Wept cry

am sorry honey, i wept too.
Re: Roses And Thorns by okikioluwafemi(m): 10:23pm On May 29, 2020
this ambler na baddo o see as he wan crash him and what gave him assurance dat he is gonna win the case
Re: Roses And Thorns by okikioluwafemi(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2020
kudos to you damselposh
you are truly a damsel

jah bless ur brain to write more
Re: Roses And Thorns by mhizv(f): 10:29pm On May 29, 2020
I see what you're doing o! You were dishing out updates hot hot to get us hooked!now e Don reach the important part now, you want suspense to kill somebody. embarassed
Re: Roses And Thorns by Embellished(f): 10:34pm On May 29, 2020
I said it, Ambler is their family lawyer. I hope they won't even try any nonsense by releasing that psycho.

Thanks damsel, more ink to your pen.
Re: Roses And Thorns by PrudySara(f): 10:52pm On May 29, 2020
haaa, why will she be raped na? she's even a Virgin!
Well, I'm waiting for the rosy part cheesy
I no vex again
damselposh:

no vex my love, the title of the story na "Roses and Thorns" e no suppose dey all Rosy.
Re: Roses And Thorns by okikioluwafemi(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2020
mhizv:
I see what you're doing o! You were dishing out updates hot hot to get us hooked!now e Don reach the important part now, you want suspense to kill somebody. embarassed

She's doing the right
Oooin,she's doing well
Re: Roses And Thorns by PrudySara(f): 10:57pm On May 29, 2020
Thanks for the update damselposh!
Re: Roses And Thorns by mhizv(f): 11:35pm On May 29, 2020
okikioluwafemi:

She's doing the right
Oooin,she's doing well

Yeah I know.. it's just tiring cry waiting for next update like my life depends on it
Re: Roses And Thorns by oyinella(f): 12:14am On May 30, 2020
Damsel love, thanks for the update, but it's short and we want more... God bless you as we wake up to updates.
Hugs and kisses.
Re: Roses And Thorns by skubido(m): 1:34am On May 30, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Roses And Thorns by enirock(m): 3:34am On May 30, 2020
At one point or another we've tried what Ambler just did to Ezenwa (I. e trying to get a favourable deal from another man's weakness) but most times, it seldom ends in our favour...

See the height of greed... A lawyer employed and being paid wanting to own investment he did not directly contribute to

Thanks dear for the updates as we eagerly await more
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ann2012(f): 7:37am On May 30, 2020
Can Ambler just have an accident and die already angry

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by Adesina12: 11:24am On May 30, 2020
Ann2012:
Can Ambler just have an accident and die already angry

Thanks for the update

Ambler will also be prosecuted
He is an accomplish to much of the crime
He is the one backing stalker and.leading him astray because of his gullibility
Just wait for damselposh to do justice to this
Sweet popcorn on the front table

1 Like

Re: Roses And Thorns by okikioluwafemi(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2020
mhizv:

Yeah I know.. it's just tiring cry waiting for next update like my life depends on it

swears,i'm tired of waiting also
Re: Roses And Thorns by Ujunwa14(f): 12:58pm On May 30, 2020
If I slap this Ambler eeehn.
Well done OP
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 4:56pm On May 30, 2020
I knew Ambler was their family lawyer
Well done damsel, check your Whatsapp abeg.
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 4:59pm On May 30, 2020
Embellished:

So, she even gave you noodles yesterday? grin grin

Lol, yes, she gave me noodles, i been wan break her head ooo, but she come beg me come give me noodles angry grin grin
Re: Roses And Thorns by Preshbeauty(f): 5:01pm On May 30, 2020
damselposh:

yes ooo, i gave her noodles ooo with chilled fanta sef.

Lol, you no go tell them wetin i been wan do you that day abi? grin grin
Re: Roses And Thorns by Tonyspecial(m): 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply)

Mended Hearts / Home Alone With Steamy Cousins / Adventure With The Slay Queen's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.