Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,222 members, 7,811,620 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? (1175 Views)

What Do Men Offer In A Relationship? / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex / Do Men Offer Sex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Undissputed(m): 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
I made a previous post questioning what today's men bring to relationships, which I think isn't much different as compared to the women. However, some mediocre minds think it fit to say I'm SIMPing or Asslicking. What's my gain? Lol.

So, I want to use this post to share some facts showing that women are as valuable as men in relationships today. I believe every partner, both man and woman, can bring enough value to the relationship if they are right for you.

First off, let's address the issue of money in relationships.

According to a statistics from the Nigerian bureau of statistics, skilled/unskilled employment (labour force participation) for men and women in Nigeria currently stand at 71.4 and 65.1 respectively.

You can see that the difference is waivable, but if you look closely(see attached infographics), the stats shows that in the south, there are currently more "labour force participation" from women than men. The overall difference in participation is owing obviously to the massive non-inclusiveness of women in education and employment schemes in the major part of the north.

So, in the ideal case with all conditions being equal, if you even out the number of working women in the south, you'll conclude that "women hustle pass we men" in Nigeria. That nullifies the assertion that only men can bring money to the table in any given relationship.

Except you are dating a school girl who is still a dependent, the stats shows that many of the dateable Nigerian women out there have income just like you, so what is your advantage as a man? What do you bring to the table apart from money and sex?

Both of you have disposable income, both of you have working sexual organs. Now, what else do you bring to the table as the man?

I'll conclude that:

1) "making money" is no longer an advantage for men in this age and time. Women too have access to the same resources

2) Unlike before, there's no more workplace/employment monopoly for men. Women are fast gaining pace in the labour market

3) If you think every woman is after your money, then you need to reorient yourself and build your self-esteem

4) If you are dating a woman who you feel brings nothing to the table, then it's probably because you are dating at the bottom end of the pile. You probably like them naive, so shut up and enjoy your naivety in peace.

5) Just like we have deadbeat men, we also have deadbeat women as well. People can be lazy, irresponsible and entitled irrespective of their gender.

Women offer much more than sex in relationships.

I remember back in school when my dad had a horrible financial challenge. It was a very shameful experience that almost brought us to our knees. I

was really struggling to feed once a day at school and some of my siblings at home had to go for "compulsory holidays" at my uncles so they could

feed. But you see my mum, that woman stood like an iroko tree and almost single-handedly pulled us through. In fact, she paid the school fees of the three of us who were in the university at the time and made sure we were coping. She did that for almost 2 years without complaining until my dad got back to his feet. She is a woman.

What about my two lovely sisters? They are doing well in their careers and have blossoming relationships. To the best of my knowledge, they are not leeches to the men they are dating/marrying. They are women.

I have a few female friends at work and in my area, and these ladies are not just courteous, they are high-flyers who earn their own money and know how to build and keep quality friendships. I've learned a lot from them in terms of career and interpersonal skills. They are women.

These women are just a small sample of the millions of women who are not just bringing the cookie to the table, but also the financial independence, the class, the confidence and the empathy to nurture their men to become the best version of themselves.

So, if you are a man complaining that women don't bring anything to the table, you are probably drawing from the wrong well or having too much of low hanging fruits. Please upgrade, be more confident in yourself, stop whining and start seeking quality women who can bring enough to the table.

No need to compare yourself with women.

A lot of men today have become too logical in their relationships that it is beginning to border on madness. "I bring this, you must bring this. I have this, you must have this." etc. Please stop comparing yourself to women and be the man for once.

Nature has designed it in such a way that a woman gives her love for financial security and protection, while the man gives his financial capability and resources for emotional and biological security from the love of a woman.

You will agree with me that it is easier to give love that to write a cheque of 1 million naira. But that is how nature has designed it, so let it be.

A woman will always prefer a man who is financially strong, physically strong and sexually competent/compatible, while a man will always prefer a woman who is beautiful, resourceful and well-behaved.

From the above you can see that the bulk of the responsibility is on we the men. If you are poor, weak or sexually incompetent as a man, you will always find it hard to keep a relationship going. No lady will want to date you and even if they do, they will likely cheat on you. That is the reality.

So, as a man you need to hustle and make money, You also need to look after your body to stay fit and healthy. But that is not all, you have to be the man for her; the pacesetter, her guide, her teacher, her instructor. It's difficult, but nature demands it of you and that is the reality.

A woman only has to show up being beautiful and well-behaved and you will see men frolicking around her. In the worst case, even when she is not any of the above, men being men will still show up and have her like that.

So, stop pointing fingers at women when you have failed to be "the man" in your relationships. Stop shaming women while still shopping at the bargain basement. Come off your high horse and have an objective look at the issues plaguing your relationships rather than making baseless conclusions.

On the issue of sex

Compared to women, we are dwarfed in the area of sexual performance. Only a few men can consistently thrust for an hour without losing it. But a woman can do 2 hours and still go about her business. After all, she is not the one expending energy in most cases.

I've heard only a few cases of women complaining about their sexual performance or trying to get drugs to improve it. But you see men, most men today cannot perform their sexual obligations without taking some drug. In fact, there are millions of men in the world today whose sexual organs are no longer functioning.

You can see from the above that with money and sex, today's men do not really have an advantage over women. So again, what do men really bring to the table? Haha. This is a dose of our own medicine.

As a man, money and sex are not enough. They are not the only factors for building successful relationships. We need to stop resting on our oars, stop comparing ourselves to women and start bringing much more to the table.

For the most part, the moral fabric of our women is only a reflection of the moral fabric of we the men. So, we always get what we give. When we start behaving ourselves, the women will have no choice but to behave as well.

There is no need to come online shaming ourselves before we realize that for one bad woman you've dated, there are millions of good ones available out there.

So, because of one bad relationship, you've concluded that you are going to start fuccking and dumping women like waste bags? That says a lot about your maturity and emotional intelligence than the quality of women you are dating.

Stop acting like a weasel. You are not a weakling. You are a man for goodness sake. Don't let one or two experiences affect your decision-making and change the course of your life forever. One heartbreak is not enough for you to start seeking revenge or recourse in the wrong places. Be strong.

There are lots of responsible, independent women out there who can make beautiful faithful partners. However, I must admit that you may have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your queen. But first, dry your tears, stop whining, invest in self-development, act like the man you are meant to be and see what you can make of your relationships.

Now, bring forth your reservations/arguments.

PS: Please don't take this too personal, I'm using these posts to brush up my argumentative writing skills. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by devilmaycry: 8:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
No na....too long

Summary bikonu grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Martinez39s(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why should I read this textbook when I am not going to sit for any exam

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dude go do survey around ur neighborhood and come back here to make ur conclusion else wat u wrote here is rubbish
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jesu Christi nogie shocked shocked
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Skmoda360(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
devilmaycry:
No na....too long

Summary bikonu grin
grin
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Skmoda360(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Who read this bullshit.....I for one can't read nada from it.....my eyes is scratching me sad

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by mofeoluwadassah: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
In one word please
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
LMAO the WOMEN are more employed, but still they don't pay their own bills on dates,they don't pay for their own hair, they feel this ENTITLEMENT to the money the man they are in a relationship with posseses. Every f^cking one of them is hypergamy, it's just nature man you can't argue with that

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Collins300(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
Which strength you want make i use read this long text book with hunger
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by viccipedia: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Lol see wetin lockdown Dey cos
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by duality(m): 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Undissputed:
I made a previous post questioning what today's men bring to relationships, which I think isn't much different as compared to the women. However, some mediocre minds think it fit to say I'm SIMPing or Asslicking. What's my gain? Lol.

So, I want to use this post to share some facts showing that women are as valuable as men in relationships today. I believe every partner, both man and woman, can bring enough value to the relationship if they are right for you.

According to a statistics from the Nigerian bureau of statistics, skilled/unskilled employment (labour force participation) for men and women in Nigeria currently stand at 71.4 and 65.1 respectively.

You can see that the difference is waivable, but if you look closely(see attached infographics), the stats shows that in the south, there are currently more "labour force participation" from women than men. The overall difference in participation is owing obviously to the massive non-inclusiveness of women in education and employment schemes in the major part of the north.

So, in the ideal case with all conditions being equal, if you even out the number of working women in the south, you'll conclude that "women hustle pass we men" in Nigeria. That nullifies the assertion that only men can bring money to the table in any given relationship.

Except you are dating a school girl who is still a dependent, the stats shows that many of the dateable Nigerian women out there have income just like you, so what is your advantage as a man? What do you bring to the table apart from money and sex?

Both of you have disposable income, both of you have working sexual organs. Now, what else do you bring to the table as the man?

I'll conclude that:

1) "making money" is no longer an advantage for men in this age and time. Women too have access to the same resources

2) Unlike before, there's no more workplace/employment monopoly for men. Women are fast gaining pace in the labour market

3) If you think every woman is after your money, then you need to reorient yourself and build your self-esteem

4) If you are dating a woman who you feel brings nothing to the table, then it's probably because you are dating at the bottom end of the pile. You probably like them naive, so shut up and enjoy your naivety in peace.

5) Just like we have deadbeat men, we also have deadbeat women as well. People can be lazy, irresponsible and entitled irrespective of their gender.

I remember back in school when my dad had a horrible financial challenge. It was a very shameful experience that almost brought us to our knees. I

was really struggling to feed once a day at school and some of my siblings at home had to go for "compulsory holidays" at my uncles so they could

feed. But you see my mum, that woman stood like an iroko tree and almost single-handedly pulled us through. In fact, she paid the school fees of the three of us who were in the university at the time and made sure we were coping. She did that for almost 2 years without complaining until my dad got back to his feet. She is a woman.

What about my two lovely sisters? They are doing well in their careers and have blossoming relationships. To the best of my knowledge, they are not leeches to the men they are dating/marrying. They are women.

I have a few female friends at work and in my area, and these ladies are not just courteous, they are high-flyers who earn their own money and know how to build and keep quality friendships. I've learned a lot from them in terms of career and interpersonal skills. They are women.

These women are just a small sample of the millions of women who are not just bringing the cookie to the table, but also the financial independence, the class, the confidence and the empathy to nurture their men to become the best version of themselves.

So, if you are a man complaining that women don't bring anything to the table, you are probably drawing from the wrong well or having too much of low hanging fruits. Please upgrade, be more confident in yourself, stop whining and start seeking quality women who can bring enough to the table.

A lot of men today have become too logical in their relationships that it is beginning to border on madness. "I bring this, you must bring this. I have this, you must have this." etc. Please stop comparing yourself to women and be the man for once.

Nature has designed it in such a way that a woman gives her love for financial security and protection, while the man gives his financial capability and resources for emotional and biological security from the love of a woman.

You will agree with me that it is easier to give love that to write a cheque of 1 million naira. But that is how nature has designed it, so let it be.

A woman will always prefer a man who is financially strong, physically strong and sexually competent/compatible, while a man will always prefer a woman who is beautiful, resourceful and well-behaved.

From the above you can see that the bulk of the responsibility is on we the men. If you are poor, weak or sexually incompetent as a man, you will always find it hard to keep a relationship going. No lady will want to date you and even if they do, they will likely cheat on you. That is the reality.

So, as a man you need to hustle and make money, You also need to look after your body to stay fit and healthy. But that is not all, you have to be the man for her; the pacesetter, her guide, her teacher, her instructor. It's difficult, but nature demands it of you and that is the reality.

A woman only has to show up being beautiful and well-behaved and you will see men frolicking around her. In the worst case, even when she is not any of the above, men being men will still show up and have her like that.

So, stop pointing fingers at women when you have failed to be "the man" in your relationships. Stop shaming women while still shopping at the bargain basement. Come off your high horse and have an objective look at the issues plaguing your relationships rather than making baseless conclusions.

On the issue of sex

Compared to women, we are dwarfed in the area of sexual performance. Only a few men can consistently thrust for an hour without losing it. But a woman can do 2 hours and still go about her business. After all, she is not the one expending energy in most cases.

I've heard only a few cases of women complaining about their sexual performance or trying to get drugs to improve it. But you see men, most men today cannot perform their sexual obligations without taking some drug. In fact, there are millions of men in the world today whose sexual organs are no longer functioning.

You can see from the above that with money and sex, today's men do not really have an advantage over women. So again, what do men really bring to the table? Haha. This is a dose of our own medicine.

As a man, money and sex are not enough. They are not the only factors for building successful relationships. We need to stop resting on our oars, stop comparing ourselves to women and start bringing much more to the table.

For the most part, the moral fabric of our women is only a reflection of the moral fabric of we the men. So, we always get what we give. When we start behaving ourselves, the women will have no choice but to behave as well.

There is no need to come online shaming ourselves before we realize that for one bad woman you've dated, there are millions of good ones available out there.

So, because of one bad relationship, you've concluded that you are going to start fuccking and dumping women like waste bags? That says a lot about your maturity and emotional intelligence than the quality of women you are dating.

Stop acting like a weasel. You are not a weakling. You are a man for goodness sake. Don't let one or two experiences affect your decision-making and change the course of your life forever. One heartbreak is not enough for you to start seeking revenge or recourse in the wrong places. Be strong.

There are lots of responsible, independent women out there who can make beautiful faithful partners. However, I must admit that you may have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your queen. But first, dry your tears, stop whining, invest in self-development, act like the man you are meant to be and see what you can make of your relationships.

PS: Please don't take this too personal, I'm using these posts to brush up my argumentative writing skills. Thanks.

Is this an attack on the male folks, or what exactly are you saying here?

I don't know the thread that informed this write up, but your weak attempt in defense for females, shows you were not ready to be objective, balanced and forthright.

You attribute the irresponsibility of a female to the male. where will the change now come from.

The only thing right, is you asking men to up their game and don't pick from the low hanging fruits.

But then you didn't even encourage the ladies to up their game to fit into that acceptable strata you claim your siblings belong to. Soon they will all be low hanging, in some ways.

I agree that the bar for what responsible men should be, has reduced because of the societal decay, no desire for hard work, people now major on the minor things, the sex traps and people who know nothing, bringing children into the world and continuing the cycle.

However, it will be most unfortunate if we build and accept a social construct, in which crass stupidity by the females will be excused and blame put on the male folks.

The good guys may soon find it difficult finding the good ladies you talked about and even vers vasa because it will become weird to be good and have strong principles.

Please, hope you get my point

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Sixfeetbelle: 11:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Weebo:
LMAO the WOMEN are more employed, but still they don't pay their own bills on dates,they don't pay for there own hair, they feel this ENTITLEMENT to the money the man they are in a relationship with posseses. Every f^cking one of them is hypergamy, it's just nature man you can't argue with that

Date up and stop whining!
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by cooooooks(m): 1:56am On Apr 25, 2020
If you're wise, you'll read this. Somebody said if you want to hide something from black people, out it in a book (obviously rubbish).

Everyone, male and female should practice equality.
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 25, 2020
duality:

I don't know the thread that informed this write up, but your weak attempt in defense for females, shows you were not ready to be objective, balanced and forthright.

You attribute the irresponsibility of a female to the male. where will the change now come from.

The only thing right, is you asking men to up their game and don't pick from the low hanging fruits.

But then you didn't even encourage the ladies to up their game to fit into that acceptable strata you claim your siblings belong to. Soon they will all be low hanging, in some ways.

I agree that the bar for what responsible men should be, has reduced because of the societal decay, no desire for hard work, people now major on the minor things, the sex traps and people who know nothing, bringing children into the world and continuing the cycle.

However, it will be most unfortunate if we build and accept a social construct, in which crass stupidity by the females will be excused and blame put on the male folks.

The good guys may soon find it difficult finding the good ladies you talked about and even vers vasa because it will become weird to be good and have strong principles.

OP is definitely not male. Take a look at all her threads, she's always creating threads that sooth her and fellow females. she hiding behind a male moniker to avoid being accused of gender bias
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 25, 2020
Undissputed I know you are a lady. you disguise yourself to prove a point, it only shows you're mentally weak.
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Recon1: 10:13am On Apr 25, 2020
The Op is asking a wrong question here.
It should be " What Do Women Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? "
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by ednut1(m): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
Even working class women say my money is my money his money is our money. Carry ya yeye topic commot here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Shimzyy(m): 11:26am On Apr 25, 2020
Rubbish post from a big fool
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Undissputed(m): 1:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
duality:

It's all about context bro. I didn't encourage the ladies to up their game, yes. I was only addressing the guys in this post and not the ladies. Maybe, I'll write one to the ladies in another post.

However, the way I see it, the ladies are already playing their roles. They are already giving love, companionship, and the little assistance they can offer to men in their relationships. The only thing is, today's men have become weaker, irresponsible, and have failed to see the reality of the times we're in. Many of us are now condescending to the lame act of comparing everything about ourselves with women. I think it's high time we start "Manning" up.
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by IAmSkinny: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
I know ya'll are as bored as I am right now and this thread is compounding everything.
But don't worry, this thread is here to rescue you
https://www.nairaland.com/5660603/professional-photographer-heres-mini-portfolio
Have fun people
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
grin
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Glink2018(m): 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2020
Undissputed:

I'll conclude that:

On the issue of sex

There are lots of responsible, independent women out there who can make beautiful faithful partners. However, I must admit that you may have to kiss a lot of toads before you find your queen. But first, dry your tears, stop whining, invest in self-development, act like the man you are meant to be, and see what you can make of your relationships.

This bitch just sat down and started writing craps to impress her fellow dummy female folks...no p.
You cant be a judge and a jury in your own case...these sets of ladies are the cause of the exponential rise in divorce and separation.
My sister, when you pay a visit to some of our customary courts in your state..., then I know your vocabulary and grammar will change.....
Probably, you are still a Single Lady
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
cooooooks:
If you're wise, you'll read this. Somebody said if you want to hide something from black people, out it in a book (obviously rubbish).

Everyone, male and female should practice equality.
are ur fingers equal.there will always be a leader and a follower.man and woman can't be equal,what u should say is,let there be equity.
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by cooooooks(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
Equity does not mean a woman will follow a man.

HARRISON040:
are ur fingers equal.there will always be a leader and a follower.man and woman can't be equal,what u should say is,let there be equity.
Re: Rejoinder: What Do Men Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
cooooooks:
Equity does not mean a woman will follow a man.

that is my point,people can be treated fairly.but there can never be equality

(1) (Reply)

A Hooker Wants To Birth My First Child. I Told Her No. / T) / Please,i Need Urgent Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.