Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,559 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff (68819 Views)

NEMA Sacks Over 42 Workers After Denying Them 1-year Salary / Protest As INTELS Sacks Over 700 Workers Without Benefits / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by GamalNasser: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:
Na atiku be the CEO.Anytime there is stability in electricity, people who work in generator companies loses their jobs.I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.

So Electricity is stable now ? And Atiku is the CEO of Mikano?
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Agbebakun22: 12:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
TANTUMERGO007:
Mumu them say na atiku get mikano something he debunked many times

Na e get am oo
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by frankson1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
DesignHave:

That's cool. I hear you.
I just believe that there are the things the Government should be able to do for its citizens.

We are under lockdown yet the PHED people are still coming with ladders to disconnect power that we don't even see.
Where is one supposed to get the funds from?

In a country that BVN was made compulsory for every citizen, why aren't they using the same information to attend to the needs of Nigerians?
Any amount can go a long way during this period my brother.

And I'm not saying we should have voted Atiku oh. far from that. I'm saying we should be able to vote for a sound person.
There were way more sound and intelligent persons but we decided to make it a Party System in which 2 parties contested.

Abeg we go school for this country na. Wetin we dey carry am do?

I understand you. There are so many things that needs to be talked about and we will keep talking about them for so long they exist.

For as much as I know, the government isn't doing anything for us, other than the road we drive on.
I know things have been difficult with lots of people and even worse at this time. But from 2015 to this moment, nobody would have surplied us with free electricity, food and money etc.

The thing is, as long as we are still divided by RELIGIOUS, ETHNIC AND POLITICAL lines, there will be little or no changes to what we are seeing now even when the 'sound and intelligent' persons are in-charge.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Asour: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:
Learn a skill set and be ur own boss. I told them the economy will come to this standstill as at December last year and they didn't still listen to me. Afterall who am I?
Unfortunately more will still happen because most economies have gone broke and this super includes Nigeria!!!
And through forex, some are even getting richer especially this period... grin grin grin tongue

But everyone can't be their own boss. that's impractical.
that's a facile solution to the problem at hand.

I
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Anfieldboss: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:
Learn a skill set and be ur own boss. I told them the economy will come to this standstill as at December last year and they didn't still listen to me. Afterall who am I?
Unfortunately more will still happen because most economies have gone broke and this super includes Nigeria!!!
And through forex, some are even getting richer especially this period... grin grin grin tongue

Everybody experiences economic hardship during recession, including entrepreneurs.... And let's be realistic not everybody can be their own boss.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Tango123: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
DesignHave:

This pandemic is sure going to cost more people their jobs.

The main issue is that there's no way to help them out during this period. No way.
Every Nigerian is on their own and it's really sad.

I'm just glad this is opening the eyes of Nigerians to how our voting decisions and indecisions have a long term effect.
Just Sad embarassed

Are you sure it will open their eyes

I dont have the faith you have. I only HOPE it will open their eyes
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Abeyjide: 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
mceze:

Congrats!
Thanks.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by bulletproofmonk(m): 12:30pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:
Na atiku be the CEO.Anytime there is stability in electricity, people who work in generator companies loses their jobs.I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.

Mofid Karameh is the owner. Also has stake in PowerGas
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Churchill6767: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
enemyofprogress:
what is better day is coming?what happened to the singular and plural that they taughted you in nursery school? Fine you no fine, simple English you no sabi. Mtcheeeeeeeew

See your life..

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
it is a microcosm of the people who have disposable income in nigeria which is like 50 percent of the population

When we dey call wealthu people for Nigeria

Ikoyi, and banana island comes to mind

Lekki na children's playground
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Commanderinpips: 12:52pm On Apr 25, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
600 staff just like that

See wetin China cause lipsrsealed

That is to say that NNPC will sack hundreds of thousands when they are set.

Yes it is confirmed. It is not going to be funny.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by grandstar(m): 12:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:

I doubt that is the issue. Covid19 induced slump in sales may be the reason. There are no sales and they still have to pay workers.

Don't forget the true owners are Lebanese. They are not known for having friendly labour practices. To them, the end justifies the means.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by sirachkiz(m): 1:03pm On Apr 25, 2020
God help us cry cry
More reason we have to make an alternative work for ourselves, we don't need to depend on just one source of income. Nigeria is full of wicked surprises for u to relax on just one source of income, and more of this is likely to happen during and after this pandemic..

Join RAGP today. Message me on Whatsapp 09074589310 for more info
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by bernf16(m): 1:16pm On Apr 25, 2020
Truer than true...so scray
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Beedude(m): 1:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
ikay00406:

Don't blame the companies, blame the government. Assuming you were a CEO/MD then you will understand. You can't give what you don't have..This is the ripple effect of the strict Corona virus lockdown.. Even Arik Air sacked 90% percent of their staff..Most companies are running down this period so you can't blame them.. Direct your frustration to the government.
Thanks for explaining better to him. Some people actually dont know what running a business entails. Infact i am also considering the option of relieving some of my staffs if lockdown continue till MAY
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Gkemz: 1:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:

Working for a private firm is not sustainable because there's no job security as one can be fired any time the owner wishes. For one to marry remaining under a private firm, one must have other investments he could fall back on when fired. Desperate times call for desperate measures to stay afloat.

1 Like

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by mechanics(m): 1:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
walkwithgod:

The half salaries will come from your bank account abi ?
hahahah.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Beedude(m): 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
Chirowman:
private companies should be considerate ,Nigeria is red already .staying at home with no food and hoping to start job after lock down only for you to get a sack letter meaning keep staying at home. someone will open mouth and talk rubbish stay home ,stay safe poor know nothing about stay safe poverty is a disease already you add hunger thats equal to death.pray not to witness poverty ,i have been there before and wont wish it for my enemy .let the government relax the lock down and make the precautionary measures to be an order,face mask,hand gloves and social distancing should be practiced.
These are trying times for everyone. U cant be emotional in a business. If a private coy fold up, all employees leave for greener pasture. Right now surviving the recession is the number 1 priority for any private coy and the first stage is downsizing and salary reduction. Its a very sad situation but at this stage the company will do the best for itself
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Yankee101: 1:38pm On Apr 25, 2020
It's started

Will only get worse
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Beedude(m): 1:51pm On Apr 25, 2020
mechanics:
This is unfair, instead of sacking them, they should have been placed on half salaries.
Half salary from which money? Without any cash inflow? Business no be like that oga mi. Most business are surviving with loans. Do u expect them to pay staffs from business capital (loans) or profits? With lockdown, there is zero profit. Salary cant be sustained if business activities dont resume.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by mechanics(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Beedude:

Half salary from which money? Without any cash inflow? Business no be like that oga mi. Most business are surviving with loans. Do u expect them to pay staffs from business capital (loans) or profits? With lockdown, there is zero profit. Salary cant be sustained if business activities dont resume.
That's true, it's well.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:

Which part of the country is enjoying stable power supply and how many Nigerians can afford Mikano? It is not , I better pass my Neighbors, brand Gen . I hope you know ...

Atoms name dey sweet you for mouth
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Zinpat: 2:11pm On Apr 25, 2020
Why sack employees at this time... Why
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Kaybaba5(m): 2:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:

Wetin we go do naw

We know say one leg in one leg out naso the job be.
Incase they sack you, it will not pain you
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by busomma: 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
Believe it or not, Mikano & other big time generator selling companies are the main reason NEPA will never be allowed to live up to it's full potentials cos they go around bribing decision makers to sabotage efforts to give steady light. It shall not be wel kml with all of u that holds Nigeria hostage.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Westernlove: 2:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
Wolgrace:
The caption should be "Atiku sacks over 600 staff."

Blame Buhari not on this. Corona will reset many things in order but the process will hurt many people. When a tree is hewned hewed down, the branches and the ground suffers the most.

Typo??
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Westernlove:

Typo??

Yes. Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by emmamajesty: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Agbebakun22:

Na e get am oo
Na Former Emir of Kano Adobayero get the Company
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 25, 2020
DesignHave:

This pandemic is sure going to cost more people their jobs.

The main issue is that there's no way to help them out during this period. No way.
Every Nigerian is on their own and it's really sad.

I'm just glad this is opening the eyes of Nigerians to how our voting decisions and indecisions have a long term effect.
Just Sad embarassed
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Westernlove: 3:08pm On Apr 25, 2020
kenodrill:
I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.

True talk bro....my company just sacked 80% of its staff. Most expecially i feel for the newly married colleagues of mine who thought they ve gotten a stable job and rushed into getting married. They ve spent barely a year with the company as trainee Engineers.may God help them all.

When you try to educate them about life generally and the Shiithole they are In, They might term you an enemy of progress. If you reside or you are citizen of Nigeria these days and you are not/from Wealthy or Super Rich or Rich Family. You will only live a frustrated and miserable life If you dare get Married as a low Income earner except you are among those Zombies who see Suffering as a Norm......Normally Nigeria should be the last place on earth any SANE Human Being should be thinking of procreating, Talkless of a low Income Earner.......You should be fighting for your own personal Survival and Migrate to Sane Nations....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria / Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.