Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,860 members, 7,824,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff (68915 Views)

NEMA Sacks Over 42 Workers After Denying Them 1-year Salary / Protest As INTELS Sacks Over 700 Workers Without Benefits / Konga Sacks Over 70% Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Westernlove: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
lekki1444:
you are sorely wrong if you think most of mikano clients are companies. come to lekki here every house has a mikano generator. the medium sized ones that put out about 15-30 kva

He Is absolutely right. Most of Mikano's Revenue Is from Industrial Companies and Base Transceiver Stations. That's my Field.......We are talking about 500kva to 5000kva generators, You are mentioning 30-50kva lol....
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by equilogng: 3:34pm On Apr 25, 2020
StagethemTVee:

Source : https://www.today.ng/business/energy/mikano-sacks-600-staff-294196
It's a pity..

This is why we advise you guys to get a skill..we do business with Mikano and lots of the people i know like the Crane and Forklift operators are not affected. In Nigeria of today Certificate alone cannot help you for too long.

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Olvic: 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Not true, Atiku is not the CEO of Mikano or own any part mikano is so wide that she will thrive more if there is more power, MIKANO is a major player in power products if not the biggest in Nigeria they are partners with ABB and SCHNEIDER on this. For instance, if there is more power this will translate to more infrastructure and you most add electricity to give it breath of life, you'll need PANEL, RMU, TRANSFORMER, DISTRIBUTION BOARDS, SWITCHES AND SUCKETS, if there is improved electricity factories will expand and be needing more ELECTRIC MOTORS, AC DRIVES, CONTACTOR, CHANGEOVERS, etc even lightings they are also partners with PHILIPS LIGHTING, they are heavily into construction, they assemble automobile in Nigeria. This company owned by a foreigners have fed thousands of household for years while our politicians are busy embarrassing us.

comshots:
Na atiku be the CEO.Anytime there is stability in electricity, people who work in generator companies loses their jobs.I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2020
i think it is foolish for staff to expect a company to stay open and pay them (full salaries) while the whole country/economy has stopped.... some companies can do it, others cannot. they should understand the situation and hope that it gets better so they can all get their jobs back.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by damoceile: 5:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by oyeb15: 5:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
The effect of lockdown not covid -19
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
comshots:
Na atiku be the CEO.Anytime there is stability in electricity, people who work in generator companies loses their jobs.I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.
This is how one PM of PW NIGERIA CAMPANY LIMITED just woke up one day and said "security department should be under security contractor not under the company "

Which made the security guards salary to be reduced from 46k to 25k. (because they are now under SURE PROTECTION SECURITY not PW LMT again)
After one year, I just jejely comot from there.

2 Likes

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Westernlove: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
stevmatt15:

This is how one PM of PW NIGERIA CAMPANY LIMITED just woke up one day and said "security department should be under security contractor not under the company "

Which made the security guards salary to be reduced from 46k to 25k. (because they are now under SURE PROTECTION SECURITY not PW LMT again)

After one year, I just jejely comot from there.

Obasanjo caused this particular stuff!!! This Is the tactics most If not all security agencies employed. Moreso It was the reason for the numerous sprung up of different security agencies. Don't be surprised that PM has his own Cut from the Security Agency. Nigerians generally are Evil People, Quote me anywhere, I know way too much......I personally know of some security companies who collect 35k direct from the Firm and pay their Guards 10k. Is that not Evil? Giving someone 10k for good solid 30days and you expect them not to do runs?.....That why you see most of their children will just die a sudden death, Even them themselves na stroke and cancer be their ending. When you over cheat people too much, That will always be your portion....

1 Like

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by shegzhkn: 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2020
kenodrill:
I no fit marry if I dey work for private companies.They can terminate your employment at any time.Be you who.

True talk bro....my company just sacked 80% of its staff.most expecially i feel for the newly married colleagues of mine who thought they ve gotten a stable job and rushed into getting married. They ve spent barely a year with the company as trainee Engineers.may God help them all.

where do you work bro??
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by chizpim(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2020
Oluwaseyi456:
Atiku may be asking fg his 50million he gave them.President by foot
Do you have sense at all?
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
Westernlove:

Obasanjo caused this particular stuff!!! This Is the tactics most If not all security agencies employed. Moreso It was the reason for the numerous sprung up of different security agencies. Don't be surprised that PM has his own Cut from the Security Agency. Nigerians generally are Evil People, Quote me anywhere, I know way too much......I personally know of some security companies who collect 35k direct from the Firm and pay their Guards 10k. Is that not Evil? Giving someone 10k for good solid 30days and you expect them not to do runs?.....That why you see most of their children will just die a sudden death, Even them themselves na stroke and cancer be their ending. When you over cheat people too much, That will always be your portion....

Do you know that they will not even pay us until the second week of the next month.
Even now that am this way, I do wake up sometimes and ask myself, what would I have become if I am still receiving 46k per month. I only work with them for 6months before they handed over to contractor, do you know that the security guards that are PW staff receives 69, 79, 89 K per month depending on the time and year of employment or becoming a staff. And they were Now receiving the same 25k with casual security guards that were receiving 46k.

Many of them left, including our CSO, stealing increases, until after some months, they sacked that security company and bring this one they called PR24 SECURITY LMT. This IS wickedness. 25k, people received 46k, 59k, 79k, etc before. This is inhumane. We work during Christmas, Easter, everyday.

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by kenodrill: 7:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
shegzhkn:

where do you work bro??

That's too private!
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Westernlove: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2020
stevmatt15:

Do you know that they will not even pay us until the second week of the next month.
Even now that am this way, I do wake up sometimes and ask myself, what would I have become if I am still receiving 46k per month. I only work with them for 6months before they handed over to contractor, do you know that the security guards that are PW staff receives 69, 79, 89 K per month depending on the time and year of employment or becoming a staff. And they were Now receiving the same 25k with casual security guards that were receiving 46k.

Many of them left, including our CSO, stealing increases, until after some months, they sacked that security company and bring this one they called PR24 SECURITY LMT. This IS wickedness. 25k, people received 46k, 59k, 79k, etc before. This is inhumane. We work during Christmas, Easter, everyday.

They probably fix the money In banks for at least 2 weeks. Most firms most especially Multinationals settles all their Client latest by every 20th of the Month. You've said It all.....My only advice for you and me as well Is just pray to God for his mercies and grace. Save up, Be quite comfortable here and If genuine opportunity arises to migrate to SANE Nation. Don't hesitate to grab the Opportunity.......If you are not very rigid and rugged, spiritual, manipulative or deceptive these days In Nigeria, It will be very difficult for you to make It as a commoner...

1 Like

Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by shegzhkn: 9:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
kenodrill:

That's too private!

Lol, you can be a bit creative and be cryptic you know.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by ikay00406(m): 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
princdebola201:
you re liar arik didnt sack 90% , they place 80% on leave while 20% re working.it is understandable because airports have been shut down globally.
Thanks for the correction.. I know I got some facts wrong due to misinformation but calling me a liar on a public forum is quite rude.. Thanks anyway.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Anslemfizzy: 12:17am On Apr 26, 2020
God help us in this country....sacking pple witout entitlement
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by joepepsy(m): 2:28am On Apr 26, 2020
This is not about buhari! This is nature against mankind.
DesignHave:

This pandemic is sure going to cost more people their jobs.

The main issue is that there's no way to help them out during this period. No way.
Every Nigerian is on their own and it's really sad.

I'm just glad this is opening the eyes of Nigerians to how our voting decisions and indecisions have a long term effect.
Just Sad embarassed
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Fairbanie: 12:20am On Apr 27, 2020
[quote author=DesignHave post=88831748]
This pandemic is sure going to cost more people their jobs.

The main issue is that there's no way to help them out during this period. No way.
Every Nigerian is on their own and it's really sad.

I'm just glad this is opening the eyes of Nigerians to how our voting decisions and indecisions have a long term effect.
Just Sad. 'Learn a skill' They will not listen. I remember when I was still a marketer for one company like that, whenever I go to Mikano office, omo, see complaints everywhere. It wasn't even that they were been paid well o and they owes them a lot. They staff would complain and complain to me. They didn't know that I was also going through my own issues where I was working until I decided to learn this particular skill that I keep blessing God everyday for bringing my way. I now earn as much as a middle level bank staff monthly.
Re: Mikano Sacks Over 600 Staff by Fairbanie: 12:23am On Apr 27, 2020
'Learn a skill' They will not listen. I remember when I was still a marketer for one company like that, whenever I go to Mikano office, omo, see complaints everywhere. It wasn't even that they were been paid well o and they owe them a lot. They staff would complain and complain to me. They didn't know that I was also going through my own issues where I was working until I decided to learn this particular skill that I keep blessing God everyday for bringing my way. I now earn as much as a middle level bank staff monthly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oil Companies In Nigeria And Their Staff Entry Salary / Degrees With Lowest Employment Prospects In Nigeria / Which Are The Top 10 Law Firms In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.