Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086959 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
unstoppable0209:

@mdeeokoye I just got an admission offer from Liverpool hope University but the scholarship reduction didn't reflect in the offer letter. Am I to apply for it separately?
Also evidence of English proficiency was required to get an unconditional offer please is I hope my WAEC will fly o

Congrats on your offer.

Yes. The scholarship reduction doesn't usually reflect in the offer letter. You need to mail the finance office so as to be advised appropriately.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
mamacajah:
it's a good course but you need to have a passion for it. It is always in demand, next to nursing.... you can Google for templates on personal statements and interviews questions.
Most Social work program have 3 stages-
1st stage course application,
2nd stage interview- Skype and
3rd stage written task.

Once you have passed all the stages, you are sure to get an offer. You will need to show or demonstrate care experience, paid or voluntary , especially caring for adults or children. So if you have worked in sunday school, community outreach or voluntary teaching of children in schools, it can be used as care experience.

Hope this helps.

Apt.

However, some schools don't engage stage 3 in their admission process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
SegunWamiri:

Apt.

However, some schools don't engage stage 3 in their admission process

Bros abeg which school.. wink
I get people wey dey look for those schools.. thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
mamacajah:

Bros abeg which school.. wink
I get people wey dey look for those schools.. thanks!

Lolz. At least I'm certain of Liverpool Hope because I got my offer after being interviewed. Unfortunately, applications are closed for this academic year.

Sunderland is another one that doesn't require a written piece after the interview stage.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Justarandomguy: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
mimilyrics:
I paid £88.51 ($106) last September.
thanks bro. Where did u do yours. London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yads97: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Hi guys. I’m new here. You guys are doing a great job. Please I really need your help. Can someone help me out with affordable universities for an undergraduate program in the Uk? I’ve gone back some pages in the thread but couldn’t really get any information regarding that. I’ll really appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Yea, London. Spent less than 2 hours in all and chose the pickup option. Passport was ready in about 10 days.

Justarandomguy:
thanks bro. Where did u do yours. London?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 10:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Okay cool!
SegunWamiri:

Hmmmm, that's £100 per week? That would be quite hard to find o but let's see how search turns out.

As per the visa application, I would be doing it myself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Exactly what I did.I had to email them to confirm the scholarship as well. Funny enough the school sent me a mail today that will confirm my payment to begin the CAS process with the finance dept, becos I attached the swift advice I got after payment as an evidence of payment and follow up.Lastly they asked if I will be coming with a dependent.
SegunWamiri:

Congrats on your offer.

Yes. The scholarship reduction doesn't usually reflect in the offer letter. You need to mail the finance office so as to be advised appropriately.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gentilityndu: 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2020
Gurus in the house please I need ur advice, I got an offer from Robert Gordon University to study lnternational Tourism and Hospitality Management, but I'm thinking of going for Public health(to reapply). My fear is I don’t know if theirs enough jobs in Scotland, someone is suggesting I should switch to University of Chester, which I have applied already since two weeks ago. Please I’m confused, I need your advice, thanks in advance!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
gentilityndu:
Gurus in the house please I need ur advice, I got an offer from Robert Gordon University to study lnternational Tourism and Hospitality Management, but I'm thinking of going for Public health(to reapply). My fear is I don’t know if theirs enough jobs in Scotland, someone is suggesting I should switch to University of Chester, which I have applied already since two weeks ago. Please I’m confused, I need your advice, thanks in advance!

In order to give you proper advice, can you advise what jobs in Scotland you are referring to? As it appears (from your post) that you are more interested in the jobs than in the course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 5:32am On Jun 27, 2020
LaaJiblik:

In order to give you proper advice, can you advise what jobs in Scotland you are referring to? As it appears (from your post) that you are more interested in the jobs than in the course.

Una own for this group too much. If you can't answer him waka pass. Mtchew

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Una own for this group too much. If you can't answer him waka pass. Mtchew

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 8:20am On Jun 27, 2020
No you?

solarinde:

That is great. Have you gotten CAS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2020
Dejavu31:
No you?

I have not. I paid my deposit in February and met all academic conditions in April. I have rang the international admissions on the issue but till now, am yet to receive it.
Hope you are making efforts too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emyboy94: 10:00am On Jun 27, 2020
Yeah I'm here. UWE all the way!

spotgetj:
Any prospective University of west of England, Bristol student in house?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by spotgetj: 10:02am On Jun 27, 2020
emyboy94:
Yeah I'm here. UWE all the way!

Pls let's connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Deelaw13(m): 10:44am On Jun 27, 2020
Good morning guys, does any one have much information about university of bedfodshire, the research and reviews I’ve seen aren’t really encouraging. Also, university of Northampton, those are my two options
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2020
Vik15:

thanks for your reply.... I am less concerned about the graduation. what am concerned about is how many years visa will I need to apply for so I plan things like NHS fees because the fee is different for 1 and 2 yrs visa.
thanks
You will pay 2 years worth of IHS.

You will be given visa for 19 months.

If your course were to be 14 months or less, you will pay 1.5 yrs worth of IHS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Papapa1234: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2020
Wow..the way y’all respond ehen..I appreciate
mamacajah:
it's a good course but you need to have a passion for it. It is always in demand, next to nursing.... you can Google for templates on personal statements and interviews questions.
Most Social work program have 3 stages-
1st stage course application,
2nd stage interview- Skype and
3rd stage written task.

Once you have passed all the stages, you are sure to get an offer. You will need to show or demonstrate care experience, paid or voluntary , especially caring for adults or children. So if you have worked in sunday school, community outreach or voluntary teaching of children in schools, it can be used as care experience.

Hope this helps.

P.S: Some schools with cheapest Intl school fees
1) Liverpool Hope University (already closed for 2020)
2.) University of Sunderland (Sept entry)

I can't remember the others, use the search bar..someone wrote on that a month ago on theforum..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2020
Deelaw13:
Good morning guys, does any one have much information about university of bedfodshire, the research and reviews I’ve seen aren’t really encouraging. Also, university of Northampton, those are my two options
Based on my personal experience. The uni is like an advance 9ja sc Sch. I applied there but latter withdrew my application. You will be required to submit your statement of account and pay 50% of tuition before you get CAS. And thereafter pay the remaining 50% at enrolment. Generating CAS for them is like waiting till eternity. Best of luck with them sha.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yads97: 11:11am On Jun 27, 2020
Hi good day. I’m new here and just want to know how often UK study visas get approved. Will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:14am On Jun 27, 2020
No one can tell you how often UK study visas are approved.
All we can tell you will be to do your homework well, know all the necessary information about your intended UK studies, get your documents in order including your finances and admission documents. The onus is on you to prove that you're a genuine student and that you've got the finances for your studies.
If you do everything right, then you'll get your visa.

Yads97:
Hi good day. I’m new here and just want to know how often UK study visas get approved. Will appreciate your responses. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yads97: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
No one can tell you how often UK study visa are approved.
All we can tell you will be to do your homework well, know all the necessary information about your intended UK studies, get your documents in order including your finances and admission documents. The onus is on you to prove that you're a genuine student and that you've got the finances for your studies.
If you do everything right, then you'll get your visa.

Alright thank you very much. Really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iloveutd: 11:51am On Jun 27, 2020
Hello great people ...my RGU faithfuls , I heard they will start issuing CAS by the end of this month

Anybody made deposit yet?

And we need to connect o...I don’t know how but I think we need to connect

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yads97: 11:58am On Jun 27, 2020
Can I still apply for September entry or it’s already too late?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Depends on the school. Most schools still have ongoing applications processes. Check your preferred schools for info on this.

Yads97:
Can I still apply for September entry or it’s already too late?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2020
Yes. They are actually working from home you can send them a mail. It takes a week and half for them to reply though. I sent you a private message btw

solarinde:

I have not. I paid my deposit in February and met all academic conditions in April. I have rang the international admissions on the issue but till now, am yet to receive it.
Hope you are making efforts too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
Dejavu31:
Yes. They are actually working from home you can send them a mail. It takes a week and half for them to reply though. I sent you a private message btw

Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yads97: 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
mimilyrics:
Depends on the school. Most schools still have ongoing applications processes. Check your preferred schools for info on this.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Deelaw13(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
solarinde:

Based on my personal experience. The uni is like an advance 9ja sc Sch. I applied there but latter withdrew my application. You will be required to submit your statement of account and pay 50% of tuition before you get CAS. And thereafter pay the remaining 50% at enrolment. Generating CAS for them is like waiting till eternity. Best of luck with them sha.
I know right, that was the same issue someone complained about too, I will probably stick to the university of Northampton, please if anyone can provide any review concerning the city, jobs and accommodation, I would really appreciate. Thanks y’all

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.