Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094725 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
naledis:
(As seen on The Pie News), universities around the world are planning on chartering planes for international students (read Chinese and Indian students) to bring them onto campuses, as part of a bid to tackle travel disruption caused by Covid-19.

Interesting times we’re in

Inside this covid-19? when countries have started experiencing economic recession. Hope their school fees won't increase? cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2020
If you’re referring to the veracity of the information, you’re welcome to read the full article on the named website.

If you’re referring to the logistical possibility, that’s left to be seen in the coming months. Some things we never thought could happen have indeed happened.

Mikeval001:
Lol, is this even possible at all

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
LOL. The universities considering this option were named in the article. The article also mentioned Indian and Chinese students. Considering the contribution students from these countries make to the educational sector, it is not suprising. Of course the flights won’t be free. The option is only being considered in the event that students can’t get commercial flights

Aprokodaughter:

Inside this covid-19? when countries have started experiencing economic recession. Hope their school fees won't increase? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 10:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
Breaking news: Airspace reopening for local flight next week

International flight will follow

3 hours to be spend before boarding for local flight while 5 hours to be spend before boarding International flight

Govt is helping to fasten the process

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Breaking news: UK government have decided to relax the 14days quarantine for travellers coming from countries will low number of Covid 19 cases

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 11:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Mikeval001:
Breaking news: UK government have decided to relax the 14days quarantine for travellers coming from countries will low number of Covid 19 cases

Is Nigeria's case low? This government is just senseless

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2020
Guys pls which way can someone send money(GBP) to me from the UK so tha I can cash it at the black market rate?
BDC rate is N560 and CBN rate is N460 per GBP that is N100/GBP difference shocked
Unfortunately, I don't have any trusted person flying in from the UK to carry it as cash.
Is there any other option that can be suggested. I need to maximize the exchange rate

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:05am On Jun 28, 2020
hosey:

Google schools that are accredited by HCPC. Also, apply for MSc Social work and not health and social care

Ehen! Thank you hosey. I was just going to point out to OP that Social care and Social work isn't the same.

msphlorah:
Gurus in the house, I appreciate all you’ll are doing here. God bless you guys. please I need to make a decision between Leeds Beckett University -Jan 2021(Health and safety which is accredited by iosh) and Teesside- Sept 2020 (health and social care but NOT accredited by HCPC bearing in mind that to be a social worker, one needs to be certified ). In terms of school, which city is relatively cheap to settle in, life after school, job availability etc as the goal is to remain in the U.K. after studies. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 2:38am On Jun 28, 2020
toyclicks:
Guys pls which way can someone send money(GBP) to me from the UK so tha I can cash it at the black market rate?
BDC rate is N560 and CBN rate is N460 per GBP that is N100/GBP difference shocked
Unfortunately, I don't have any trusted person flying in from the UK to carry it as cash.
Is there any other option that can be suggested. I need to maximize the exchange rate

Thank you

How much ££ do you want to carry from the UK to Nigeria to ‘cash out’?

Can you even get an ‘untrusted person’? Given that there are no commercial flights?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by alared93: 5:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Try to check out the link below
whitley:
Please guys, i am planning to study Data science for masters, am a pharmacist here in Nigeria, whats the possibility of switching to that course and also is it easy to get jobs if one isnt planning on returning to Nigeria
https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/skills-and-employment/postgraduate-conversion-courses-in-data-science-and-artificial-intelligence/

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:04am On Jun 28, 2020
toyclicks:

Thank you

The only way is for you to open a domiciliary account here for the person to wire you the money.
All other money transfer entities use the official rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-coronavirus-lockdown-updates-uk-22255209.amp

I read this morning that the UK is likely to start another lock down. I learnt there was a sharp rise yesterday. The possibility of schools resuming is thin. I no wan waste my hard earned money running up and down o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmmm

I don't think one is allowed to carry more than 10k on an international flight

LaaJiblik:

How much ££ do you want to carry from the UK to Nigeria to ‘cash out’?

Can you even get an ‘untrusted person’? Given that there are no commercial flights?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:40am On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks

Cyberknight:

The only way is for you to open a domiciliary account here for the person to wire you the money.
All other money transfer entities use the official rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2020
toyclicks:
Hmmmm

I don't think one is allowed to carry more than 10k on an international flight

For security reason in case it gets missing I would not

However yes you are allowed to carry more than 10k. You just need to declare that you are carrying such an amount

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2020
toyclicks:

Thank you

The person can use Ace money transfer to send you the money, their rate is not bad £1 for 516 as of today, sometime its free transfer or you pay 99p.

Last week they were giving 525 without transfer fees

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2020
In fact, I need to state she took her time helped me to vet my PS privately and she did it so meticulously well

God will bless you beyond measure @Mimilyrics

Mobilipia:
I love the way you take time to respond to people's questions. God will bless you for the wonderful job you're doing here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2020
Thank you

justwise:

The person can use Ace money transfer to send you the money, their rate is not bad £1 for 516 as of today, sometime its free transfer or you pay 99p.

Last week they were giving 525 without transfer fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 11:13am On Jun 28, 2020
You didn't read well and comprehend it if that is the case.. They only mentioned Leicester. Cases there increased. It's a local lockdown only in Leicester.

Panicking won't help you. What will be will definitely be.
SAMDEEA123:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-coronavirus-lockdown-updates-uk-22255209.amp

I read this morning that the UK is likely to start another lockdown. I learned there was a sharp rise yesterday. The possibility of schools resuming is thin. I no wan waste my hard-earned money running up and down o.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

I read this morning that the UK is likely to start another lock down. I learnt there was a sharp rise yesterday. The possibility of schools resuming is thin. I no wan waste my hard earned money running up and down o.

It possible ...not in the UK but in USA as well. People are not following the rules so the chances that covid will rise again is very possible . If history was to repeat itself using last pandemic as a measure. The wave 2 was even worse than wave 1 ..

However life has to go on jare .... People are tired of staying at home and living a restricted life . The economy and activities will just have to continue somehow

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

It possible ...not in the UK but in USA as well. People are not following the rules so the chances that covid will rise again is very possible . If history was to repeat itself using last pandemic as a measure. The wave 2 was even worse than wave 1 ..

However life has to go on jare .... People are tired of staying at home and living a restricted life . The economy and activities will just have to continue somehow

Did you read the article tho?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Did you read the article tho?

Nope, Dont need to read this particular article... I live in this country and watch the news and trend daily . The Leicester issue is in the news

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Nope, Dont need to read this particular article... I live in this country and watch the news and trend daily . The Leicester issue is in the news

But you agreed with her point without reading the article. You know what she wrote was misleading ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

But you agreed with her point without reading the article. You know what she wrote was misleading ?

How is it misleading... it a watch and look situation. We all want to remain positive but the reality if there is a wave 2 lockdown or spike. No school will resume classes . Whether anybody remains positive or not .

If they can keep their own children in primary secondary and university at home for months , is it now international students they will let in . It the reality on ground. The higher the increase the slimmer the chances

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

How is it misleading... it a watch and look situation. We all want to remain positive but the reality if there is a wave 2 lockdown or spike. No school will resume classes . Whether anybody remains positive or not .

If they can keep their own children in primary and secondary at home for months , is it now international students they will let in

Bingo!

Do you see why I asked if you read the article ? It was mainly about “Leicester”.

She said she heard “the UK” will go on lockdown which you agreed with.

That was the misleading part.

The local airport and international in Nigeria is expected to be open next week. Even the UK is opening its doors for European travel from July 6.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Bingo!

Did you see why I asked if you read the article ? It was mainly about “Leicester”.

She said she heard “the UK” will go on lockdown which you agreed with.

That was the misleading part.

The local airport and international in Nigeria is expected to be open next week. Even the UK is opening its doors for European travel from July 6.

As for today it is Leicester.... tomorrow is might be another city and the next. Nobody knows what tomorrow is bringing.

That July 6 opening doesn't mean anything. If it opens and then the spike is significantly they will shut it immediately after . Could even be the next week.

How many times have Nigeria announced they are opening the airport?. Only to extend it few days before

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

As for today it is Leicester.... tomorrow is might be another city and the next. Nobody knows what tomorrow is bringing.

That July 6 opening doesn't mean anything. If it opens and then the spike is significantly they will shut it immediately after . Could even be the next week.

Lol , you know won’t die if you admit you were wrong

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol , you know won’t die if you admit you were wrong

That your opinion if it's right or wrong .

I have mine and I agree with that first comment

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

That your opinion if it's right or wrong .

I have mine and I agree with that first comment

Relax , I was surprised Because I know you live in the UK and usually contribute a lot on here, as to why you would simply agree and comment without actually reading the article.

When I saw her comment and the article, I didn’t bother to read it too, until I saw the next comment and he mentioned Leicester , That’s when I then went to read it.

These are critical times and a lot of people come on this thread for updates. My point is our information should be “on point” before posting.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
mattfeuter:

Relax , I was surprised Because I know you live in the UK and usually contribute a lot on here, as to why you would simply agree and comment without actually reading the article.

When I saw her comment and the article, I didn’t bother to read it too, until I saw the next comment and he mentioned Leicester , That’s when I then went to read it.

These are critical times and a lot of people come on this thread for updates. My point is our information should be “on point” before posting.

cheesy ok. In your words Relax ......

the content of the article is all in the news this morning so I have read similar.but truly he or she comment is looking at the whole picture

Initially, the lockdown was imposed across the country. However that model is very detrimental to the economy so the Government announced that the future plan for controlling coronavirus involves limited, local lockdowns where there is a spike in cases.....

But that truly doesnt mean anything because if they start locking down city tells there still a MAJOR problem . It takes only one city to trigger a start of many thing. It only truly manageable when no city is on lockdown in my opinion .

No city is in isolation. A country might be in isolation by closing it borders but how do you control spread city from city . It just a diplomatic way of handling it without a total lockdown.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

[b]How is it misleading... it a watch and look situation. We all want to remain positive but the reality if there is a wave 2 lockdown or spike. [/b]No school will resume classes . Whether anybody remains positive or not .

If they can keep their own children in primary secondary and university at home for months , is it now international students they will let in . It the reality on ground. The higher the increase the slimmer the chances

You did not read the article if you did you will notice that the article mentioned that UK Govt have boost up measures in that area.

Secondly, if you have been reading the news you will know that there is going to be a second wave by August or September although some countries have started experiencing a second wave but it not as bad because of the measures they have taken.

Thirdly, you can't compare 1916 with 2020 because of the technology we have on ground. Tha'ts why the WHO and health bodies can predict a second wave unlike 1916.

Finally, you dont share news just to put fear in people or twist the words of the article. That is called a Click Bait and most journalist or ordinary people who do such can be arrested for such offense.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

You did not read the article if you did you will notice that the article mentioned that UK Govt have boost up measures in that area.

Secondly, if you have been reading the news you will know that there is going to be a second wave by August or September although some countries have started experiencing a second wave but it not as bad because of the measures they have taken.

Thirdly, you can't compare 1916 with 2020 because of the technology we have on ground. Tha'ts why the WHO and health bodies can predict a second wave unlike 1916.

Finally, you dont share news just to put fear in people or twist the words of the article. That is called a Click Bait and most journalist or ordinary people who do such can be arrested for such offense.

Click bait is used in the wrong context here so for me no further comment. Also arrested for click bait?. Which country does that happen? ....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.