Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091166 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 11:09am On Jun 29, 2020
Cyberknight:

At the bolded: do you really believe that?

Do not commit heinous crime. Stay on your lane. Look for another visa you can switch to after your PGWP.. easy one is Tier 2. Apply before your current visa expires.

NO ONE IS GOING TO FORCE YOU OUT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TrumpsWall: 11:12am On Jun 29, 2020
They left the Union and not EUROPE tongue

Skymoore1004:
Read about brexit

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youtook(f): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Read about brexit

BREXIT: The withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union.

EUROPEAN UNION: The European Union is a political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe.

EUROPE: Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere.

Hopefully. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2020
But you obviously got what I meant in my initial post and just wanted to mention me unnecessarily.

The link said some countries are not allowed into European countries which are popularly known as France, Spain etc. That’s why I said it doesn’t relate to U.K. because they have their own laws and rules.
TrumpsWall:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:18am On Jun 29, 2020
K
Youtook:

EUROPEAN UNION: The European Union is a political and economic union of 27 member states that are located primarily in Europe.

EUROPE: Europe is a continent located entirely in the Northern Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere.

Hopefully. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 11:29am On Jun 29, 2020
The link which might not even be true said the ban came from European Union and not Europe so what are you saying. Let's address more important issues please
TrumpsWall:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2020
Please no rough play ooo, I believe UK no longer belong to the EU. I just pray there is no loopholes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:42am On Jun 29, 2020
Youtook:

Hopefully. smiley

Even though UK left EU in january 2020, there is 11 month transition period. During this 11-month period, the UK will continue to follow all of the EU's rules. So technically UK still under EU till 31 December 2020

However the original post, doesnt seem to be posted anywhere apart from punch and Sahara. I would have expected to see it on more sites .

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2020
garuskoko:

Do not commit heinous crime. Stay on your lane. Look for another visa you can switch to after your PGWP.. easy one is Tier 2. Apply before your current visa expires.

NO ONE IS GOING TO FORCE YOU OUT.

And you really think that a) Tier 2 was easy even pre-pandemic and b) that the UK government is looking to increase the number of foreign white-collar workers during this period of post-pandemic adjustment when unemployment is forecast to be above pre-pandemic levels for a while?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 29, 2020
Na wa o why are you guys carrying another man's problem on your head? LMAO!!! cheesy

Maybe that's why some UK schools canceled those Europe trips/excursions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 11:50am On Jun 29, 2020
Yes I understand that there will be a transition period but understand that during the transition Period, the United Kingdom is no longer a Member State of the European Union or of the European Atomic Energy Community. As a third country, it will no longer participate in the EU’s decision-making processes. It will also no longer be represented in the EU institutions (such as the European Parliament and the EU Council of Ministers), EU agencies, offices or other EU bodies.
LagosismyHome:

Even though UK left EU in january 2020, there is 11 month transition period. During this 11-month period, the UK will continue to follow all of the EU's rules. So technically UK still under EU till 31 December 2020

However the original post, doesnt seem to be posted anywhere apart from punch and Sahara. I would have expected to see it on more sites .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:56am On Jun 29, 2020
The UK was never a member of the Schengen Area even when it was a full member of the EU, so such decisions on the EU's external borders never affected it as it has always had its own visa regime separate from that of the Schengen area countries (not all EU members are Schengen members, e.g. Ireland, Croatia, Romania).

Right now, the UK's borders are open to the world (they never actually closed) subject to the recently imposed quarantine and other eligibility requirements. If you can find a flight or get a ship to convey you to the UK and you have a visa or are otherwise authorised to seek entry, you may come to the UK. The EU's borders are not.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
Lagosismyhome is right.
While the UK may not have voting rights in EU, the UK is still bound by EU rules until the transition period is over.
Aside from the changes to the UK's positions in EU institutions (lack of voting rights and participation in decision-making), almost every other thing is the same i.e. EU driving licences are still being exchanged for UK licences using pre-Brexit provisions, Free movement of British citizens within the EU (in March, my sister and her daughter, my niece, were able to freely travel to 2 EU states even though the UK isn't part of the EU anymore) and EU citizens are still eligible for the EU settlement scheme till few months after the transition period.

Doyinh:
Yes I understand that there will be a transition period but understand that during the transition Period, the United Kingdom is no longer a Member State of the European Union or of the European Atomic Energy Community. As a third country, it will no longer participate in the EU’s decision-making processes. It will also no longer be represented in the EU institutions (such as the European Parliament and the EU Council of Ministers), EU agencies, offices or other EU bodies.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
Prospective students starting uni in September 2020, don’t work yourself up with all these random updates,

Prepare your documents (TB, Certificate/ Transcripts, Money in the account)

Don’t be caught sleeping when TLS opens. Because when you snooze, you lose!

My two cents cool

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
mattfeuter:
Prospective students starting uni in September 2020, don’t work yourself up with all these random updates,

My two cents cool

Gbam! That's all o cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Just got the below message from my school Africa Regional manager

the UK is proposing opening its borders wider as we speak to further countrries

students will be coming to the UK this September 2020 1000000%

the UK govt is working with all universities on this

That’s the assurance we want to hear

so yes, government is working with all universities on September 2020 and serious discussions are under way, but yes, commitement there for students on campus do not worry

we are hoping to start sending CAS's this week, any day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

My two cents cool

This is very true. I contacted my University this morning and they gave me clear assurances that they are ready to issue CAS from today as the UKVI has given them a go ahead.

Also I spoke to a friend in Leicester, he said the story of lockdown in Leicester is only on the news and that they are going on with their activities.

I just wrote the TB centre to book for a test.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Devisiyi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
What are the needed credentials to go along with and what's the cost of a TB test?

SAMDEEA123:

This is very true. I contacted my University this morning and they gave me clear assurances that they are ready to issue CAS from today as the UKVI has given them a go ahead.

Also I spoke to a friend in Leicester, he said the story of lockdown in Leicester is only on the news and that they are going on with their activities.

I just wrote the TB centre to book for a test.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please does anyone know any cheap hotel around IOM in Ikeja that one can book, as I will be coming in from Ibadan with family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
Devisiyi:
What are the needed credentials to go along with and what's the cost of a TB test?

I just wrote the Lagos centre to start the process. I learnt it is 57800 naira and you require an identification card i.e int.passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Yemsot:
Please does anyone know any cheap hotel around IOM in Ikeja that one can book, as I will be coming in from Ibadan with family?

Use hotel.ng or booking.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Devisiyi(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Thanks
SAMDEEA123:

I just wrote the Lagos centre to start the process. I learnt it is 57800 naira and you require an identification card i.e int.passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
I need help, fam.

The passport expiry date on my ATAS Certificate is incorrect. Instead of 2024, it says 2021.
Would this affect my visa application process?

I've mailed ATAS, But they've not responded for more than a week now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Latest update on lockdown in Nigeria

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 6:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Gaspet:
I need help, fam.

The passport expiry date on my ATAS Certificate is incorrect. Instead of 2024, it says 2021.
Would this affect my visa application process?

I've mailed ATAS, But they've not responded for more than a week now.

Anybody to help with this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by monfizzy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Does anyone knows when exactly will the U.K. 2years post study work visa for students takes effect, from January 2020 or September 2020 intake? That’s to say for those who commenced their studies in the U.K. this January will they benefit from it? Please add a link to your answer if possible. Thanks. Justwise and co
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
monfizzy:
Does anyone knows when exactly will the U.K. 2years post study work visa for students takes effect, from January 2020 or September 2020 intake? That’s to say for those who commenced their studies in the U.K. this January will they benefit from it? Please add a link to your answer if possible. Thanks. Justwise and co

April 6th, 2021

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by atoeosato: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Whoelse is going to Manchester metropolitan university( MMU) this September, Please can we relate?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by remioshy(f): 7:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
girlsupersonic:

I'm going to Northampton In September. How far have you gone

My sister going, paid deposit and waiting for CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello house, I made a deposit of £3000 for payment of my school fees deposit but upon receiving the confirmation from the school this was what I was sent

Confirmation of Payment

Thank you very much for your payment to UWE, Bristol.

I can confirm we have received a total of £2975 which we have allocated as:

Pre-sessional Fee: £
Law Deposit: £
Main Award Deposit: £2975
Main Award Tuition Fee: £
Other: £

Deposit Refund
Please note the International Deposit is non-refundable except under certain circumstances and upon submission of official documentary evidence.

More information about international deposit refunds can be found here.

Further Information
We will periodically send you information to your Welcome website which will help you prepare for joining UWE, Bristol. In the meantime you can find out more about the University by visiting our website. To receive our E-News postings on a regular basis, please let me know if you change your e-mail address.

I look forward to welcoming you to UWE, Bristol.

Best wishes

Sophie Turnbull
Head of International Office
UWE, Bristol

First of all I have no idea how it's £2975 since I made a deposit of 3K secondly who have also gone through this issue? Would this have any effect on my Visa application? Thirdly, how do I over come this if there is a way? Because clearly I think this is an issue in the fluctuation of the exchange rate with no one at fault.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.