Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,270 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086679 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umofiaeng: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello guys,
Am i supposed to go for TB test before or after applying for visa?

I need your help, pls.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
TB test is part of a key document you need to submit.. As long as you have it ready by the time you do your submission and biometrics. Safe to say do the TB test before.

umofiaeng:
Hello guys,

I need your help, pls.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
umofiaeng:
Hello guys,

I need your help, pls.

You’re joking right? angry

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umofiaeng: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
I'm not joking o

Maybe I didn't frame the question well

I mean at what stage of the visa processing do I have to go for the TB test.

You’re joking right? angry[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umofiaeng: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thank you so much.

TB test is part of a key document you need to submit.. As long as you have it ready by the time you do your submission and biometrics. Safe to say do the TB test before.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please who applied to university of Chester? How long did it take before you got admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
dduchess90:
Oh i am not undermining any job, as long as it pays the bills..In the UK there is dignity in labour and every experience counts.

I just tried to get jobs I am good at and could enhance my skills, for e.g I worked as a sales advisor for Superdrug(a health and beauty store), Student ambassador, worked in call centres too(like now with NHS).

Again as long as it pays the bills....its legit, within approved working hours..Please go for it

Correct!!!!
The dignity of labour in the UK is amazing.
Each and every job is highly respected. Amazing.

Now your reply has opened the eyes of some of us who probably only previously thought that care, warehouse and security jobs are the only ones available.

E be like say that student ambassador thing go make sense ohh...
And the NHS call centre. Please is that through an agency or the NHS advertises for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 1:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
Make we no derail this thread...when you resume school, chat me up on the platform.

Cheers

LaaJiblik:

Correct!!!!
The dignity of labour in the UK is amazing.
Each and every job is highly respected. Amazing.

Now your reply has opened the eyes of some of us who probably only previously thought that care, warehouse and security jobs are the only ones available.

E be like say that student ambassador thing go make sense ohh...
And the NHS call centre. Please is that through an agency or the NHS advertises for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lianalexa: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2020
mattfeuter:

Send another email, that’s what I did

Alternatively, keep calling this number 08022264059

Thank you my dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 2:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
About 2wks

dami24:
Please who applied to university of Chester? How long did it take before you got admission?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
umofiaeng:
I'm not joking o

Maybe I didn't frame the question well

I mean at what stage of the visa processing do I have to go for the TB test.

You need to have it before you apply for visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lianalexa:

Thank you my dear

You’re welcome smiley,

I called that first number as well for almost a whole day until I tried the second and it connected at one dial shocked shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
dduchess90:
Make we no derail this thread...when you resume school, chat me up on the platform.

Cheers

When who resume school?

grin grin

One word- sarcasm cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dgee1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please house
dgee1:
Dear house, please what is your opinion about University of Suffolk? Someone in the UK wants to sponsor me for my MSc. but wants me to find out how we could go about it. I and the person are not related. If it won't be possible, please what other options do I have? I do not want his willingness to sponsor me to go to waste. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
The person will have to pay your full fees directly to your preferred school (or transfer your tuition balance after deposit payment to your account) and transfer your maintenance funds to your account where it has to be for at least 28 days prior to your online visa application and in some cases, CAS issuance. You can't use the person's bank statements because the person doesn't qualify as a sponsor.
Other options include: govt funded scholarships, scholarships from international companies/organisations, parental sponsorship, self sponsorship and loans.
dgee1:
Please house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dgee1(m): 2:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
OK. Thanks so much
mimilyrics:
The person will have to pay your full fees directly to your preferred school (or transfer your tuition balance after deposit payment to your account) and transfer your maintenance funds to your account where it has to be for at least 28 days prior to your online visa application. You can't use the person's bank statements because the person doesn't qualify as a sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 3:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Lianalexa:
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Guys is this not the email address for Lagos?
Ive not gotten a response yet

It is but I can assure you that you will never get a response from the Lagos end. Call them instead
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
mattfeuter:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
arhyur:
About 2wks

Alright, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

It is but I can assure you that you will never get a response from the Lagos end. Call them instead

They do respond but it usually takes time. For instance, I got response from Lagos Centre after over 24hrs that I mailed them. I have completed the booking process and got July 22nd as my appointment date.

An applicant can send a mail while also trying out the call option.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

In some schools, PhD is considered ‘in term’ all year round.
So, even when you are on your ‘annual leave’, you can’t work more than 29 hours per week.
Ya school varies. PhD depends on your school and supervisor.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
dduchess90:
PhD calendar is even more tricky, In Cranfield, apart from Bank holidays, your Holiday is arranged between you and your supervisior...There is no timetable for research students.

Again, it might be different in other schools

Different for all schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2020
dami24:

Two weeks. I applied last week of April and got my offer 1st week of May.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by simeon83: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hello house,please my brother wants to pay his deposits but he got to his bank(gtb)they told him that they only sell PTA( that it could only happen when ban on international travel is lifted..
Is there any other way to get ponds to fund his domiciliary account in other to pay the deposits?, cos we don't know when ban on international travel will be lifted...thanks to you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

This is not true. I got my booking done via email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
If it's to pay fees, you'd have to use form A, not request PTA. PTA is usually for tourist visa categories. The only way outside the official channels will be to use black market to fund your account (the BDC transfers to you; you can't use cash deposits for electronic transfers) or get someone you trust (and who's abroad or has unrestricted access to FX transactions) pay for you online while you give the person the naira equivalent.

simeon83:
Hello house,please my brother wants to pay his deposits but he got to his bank(gtb)they told him that they only sell PTA( that it could only happen when ban on international travel is lifted..
Is there any other way to get ponds to fund his domiciliary account in other to pay the deposits?, cos we don't know when ban on international travel will be lifted...thanks to you all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MamaG2020: 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
MamaG2020:
Good morning family, I do have my soft copy of my student copy transcript which I used for my offer. I don't know if embassy will accept that because I don't have the hardcopy again and the university on break to get a new copy.

Pls advise what to do!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Select the self service upload and upload the soft copy on the document submission portal. You only need to print this out in colour (very clear copy) to show the VAC staff as confirmation of originality and verification of uploaded docs. If the VAC staff complains about it not being the original copy, explain the situation.

MamaG2020:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hi guys and other applicants of Liverpool Hope University,I need advice. I got this mail from the university today:-

Please email a full response to the points set out below to internationaladmission@hope.ac.uk, quoting your University Reference number:

1. Confirm you have read and understood the UKVI requirements contained in the links above, and are eligible to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa. If you have any questions please contact us.

2. Provide evidence of how you intend to fund your studies and confirm that your evidence meets the UKVI requirements. For further information on UKVI requirements please refer to our website: https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/immigrationandvisas/yourcasnumber/

3. Check whether you need to be tested for Tuberculosis before applying for your visa and send a copy of your TB certificate. See the Home Office website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-t-tuberculosis-screening

4. Are you applying to bring dependants with you at the same time that you are submitting your visa application? If so please state how many.

5. Confirm which country and visa application centre (VAC) your application will be submitted to.

6. If you have booked, or are intending to book campus accommodation please state

My challenge is that I recently liquidated my funds for my school and travel plans on the 30th of June, there were delays cos of the Corona virus issue and as such I will need the money to be in the account for 28 days to meet the visa rules. I am intend writing to the school stating that I just liquidated my funds,the delay due to the Corona virus and also plead for the CAS to be ready on the 29th so that I can apply for visa first week of August considering the fact that school resumes on the 28th of September. I am wondering if it is the right step.Also the subject of the mail they sent to me is ACTION REQUIRED.
Also the school offering a 50% scholarship for international students which is ending on the 10th of July
which I submitted last week for submission and I am hopeful I will get it.I am wondering why the rush from them as i though CAS takes about 3 weeks for processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unstoppable0209(f): 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
Good evening everyone, I heard visa office don't collect WAEC and degree certificate that is laminated hope this won't pose a problem when applying for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
unstoppable0209:
Good evening everyone, I heard visa office don't collect WAEC and degree certificate that is laminated hope this won't pose a problem when applying for visa?
See quoted response below
mimilyrics:
Normally, you'd have to de-laminate it because laminated documents don't allow for easy identification of original documents.

But since you won't be physically submitting your documents to UKVI, it shouldn't be an issue; Just make sure you choose the self-upload option and make sure that your scan is of high quality without showing signs (gloss) of lamination or defacement.

The VAC staff that checks your documents might or might not let it slide. Worst case scenario might be you having to pay the VAC to remove it if they've got a service for that or going somewhere else to do it.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by simeon83: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
mimilyrics:
If it's to pay fees, you'd have to use form A, not request PTA. PTA is usually for tourist visa categories. The only way outside the official channels will be to use black market to fund your account (the BDC transfers to you; you can't use cash deposits for electronic transfers) or get someone you trust (and who's abroad or has unrestricted access to FX transactions) pay for you online while you give the person the naira equivalent.

Thanks ..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.