Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1097367 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
mimilyrics:
Select the self service upload and upload the soft copy on the document submission portal. You only need to print this out in colour (very clear copy) to show the VAC staff as confirmation of originality and verification of uploaded docs. If the VAC staff complains about it not being the original copy, explain the situation.

@mimilyrics

Please I need help. My school accepted student copy Unofficial transcript although duly stamped and signed by my university. I hope the embassy won't frown at this? I also have in possession my original university degree certificate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
mattfeuter:

When who resume school?

grin grin

One word- sarcasm cheesy

Me. The reply was to me. When I resume school.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

@mimilyrics

Please I need help. My school accepted student copy Unofficial transcript although duly stamped and signed by my university. I hope the embassy won't frown at this? I also have in possession my original university degree certificate.

Don’t worry.
You have nothing to fear.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
mdeeokoye:
Hi guys and other applicants of Liverpool Hope University,I need advice. I got this mail from the university today:-

Please email a full response to the points set out below to internationaladmission@hope.ac.uk, quoting your University Reference number:

1. Confirm you have read and understood the UKVI requirements contained in the links above, and are eligible to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa. If you have any questions please contact us.

2. Provide evidence of how you intend to fund your studies and confirm that your evidence meets the UKVI requirements. For further information on UKVI requirements please refer to our website: https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/immigrationandvisas/yourcasnumber/

3. Check whether you need to be tested for Tuberculosis before applying for your visa and send a copy of your TB certificate. See the Home Office website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-t-tuberculosis-screening

4. Are you applying to bring dependants with you at the same time that you are submitting your visa application? If so please state how many.

5. Confirm which country and visa application centre (VAC) your application will be submitted to.

6. If you have booked, or are intending to book campus accommodation please state

My challenge is that I recently liquidated my funds for my school and travel plans on the 30th of June, there were delays cos of the Corona virus issue and as such I will need the money to be in the account for 28 days to meet the visa rules. I am intend writing to the school stating that I just liquidated my funds,the delay due to the Corona virus and also plead for the CAS to be ready on the 29th so that I can apply for visa first week of August considering the fact that school resumes on the 28th of September. I am wondering if it is the right step.Also the subject of the mail they sent to me is ACTION REQUIRED.
Also the school offering a 50% scholarship for international students which is ending on the 10th of July
which I submitted last week for submission and I am hopeful I will get it.I am wondering why the rush from them as i though CAS takes about 3 weeks for processing.

By “Liquidate” you mean you no longer have the money?

CAS takes about 3-weeks? Wrong information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Don’t worry.
You have nothing to fear.

Thank you very much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by preciousmathias: 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
God bless you all for your various contribution.

I was refused a UK visit visa last year, so I applied for study this year and I was told that I may also be refused cos they may think I want to enter UK by all means possible and it's making me think twice

Please I need an advice thanks.

Please if anybody has a handful of information about Birmingham city university I will be glad to hear cos that's the school I have chosen among the once that gave me admission thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
So by liquidate I ment I had some financial instruments that I needed to process to my account as cash. There were delays from the bank
@about the CAS.i Guess I am wrong. What do I respond to school is my challenge as I intend stating the delay in processing my tution fee and living expenses I encountered due to covid.
LaaJiblik:

By “Liquidate” you mean you no longer have the money?

CAS takes about 3-weeks? Wrong information.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Me. The reply was to me. When I resume school.

Yeah that was why I was laughing lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
Wrong! As long as you address what ever reason your visa was refused for and you include all the required documents for a T4 visa in the prescribed format, you stand a good chance of getting an approved visa. i.e. if you were refused for financial reasons, make sure that your finances are without fault; make sure your documentation is tight in addition with meeting all the T4 visa requirements. Whatever the previous error was, make sure it doesn't crop up again. This gives you a good chance at AR if the ECO makes an error on your application (in case of a refusal).

Note: Do your findings about your school & course and be able to show a link between your course and your career aspirations/progression. Know the details of accommodation, transportation etc. that are available to you. You should also confidently handle your interview without generic answers; this will enhance your chances of passing the credibility test.

preciousmathias:
God bless you all for your various contribution.

I was refused a UK visit visa last year, so I applied for study this year and I was told that I may also be refused cos they may think I want to enter UK by all means possible and it's making me think twice

Please I need an advice thanks.

Please if anybody has a handful of information about Birmingham city university I will be glad to hear cos that's the school I have chosen among the once that gave me admission thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sherilycious: 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please is there anyone that applied for food science and biotechnology or anyone currently doing the course or a course related to it. I got admission for it at Teeside University. With what i read about it, i like the course and its prospect. But i will love to know if in reality its a good course, with good job prospects in the UK. Are there lot of food and drinks industries in the UK that employ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
CAS takes 2-5 days depending on the school.

mdeeokoye:
Hi guys and other applicants of Liverpool Hope University,I need advice. I got this mail from the university today:-

Please email a full response to the points set out below to internationaladmission@hope.ac.uk, quoting your University Reference number:

1. Confirm you have read and understood the UKVI requirements contained in the links above, and are eligible to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa. If you have any questions please contact us.

2. Provide evidence of how you intend to fund your studies and confirm that your evidence meets the UKVI requirements. For further information on UKVI requirements please refer to our website: https://www.hope.ac.uk/international/immigrationandvisas/yourcasnumber/

3. Check whether you need to be tested for Tuberculosis before applying for your visa and send a copy of your TB certificate. See the Home Office website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-t-tuberculosis-screening

4. Are you applying to bring dependants with you at the same time that you are submitting your visa application? If so please state how many.

5. Confirm which country and visa application centre (VAC) your application will be submitted to.

6. If you have booked, or are intending to book campus accommodation please state

My challenge is that I recently liquidated my funds for my school and travel plans on the 30th of June, there were delays cos of the Corona virus issue and as such I will need the money to be in the account for 28 days to meet the visa rules. I am intend writing to the school stating that I just liquidated my funds,the delay due to the Corona virus and also plead for the CAS to be ready on the 29th so that I can apply for visa first week of August considering the fact that school resumes on the 28th of September. I am wondering if it is the right step.Also the subject of the mail they sent to me is ACTION REQUIRED.
Also the school offering a 50% scholarship for international students which is ending on the 10th of July
which I submitted last week for submission and I am hopeful I will get it.I am wondering why the rush from them as i though CAS takes about 3 weeks for processing.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
If I will be travelling with a dependent does my dependant also need to undergo the tuberculosis examination?
Please anyone should help with an answer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emyboy94: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Thanks alot. Called IOM, they said I should pay #57,800

iloveutd:
People always refeeence Oanda.com

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ok great

mimilyrics:
CAS takes 2-5 days depending on the school.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yes, your dependant will need to take the TB test.
Mikeval001:
If I will be travelling with a dependent does my dependant also need to undergo the tuberculosis examination?
Please anyone should help with an answer

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
mdeeokoye:
So by liquidate I ment I had some financial instruments that I needed to process to my account as cash. There were delays from the bank
@about the CAS.i Guess I am wrong. What do I respond to school is my challenge as I intend stating the delay in processing my tution fee and living expenses I encountered due to covid.

Oga:
I’m sorry.
Maybe someone else will understand the gobbledygook and answer.

Financial Instruments. Liquidate. Cash. Etc...
All these ones to describe the amount of money (in Naira or pounds) that you need to show for Maintenance and Fees?

Liquidation of the financial instruments was due to CoViD?

I think all your school wants to know is that you meet the requirements. HEI protect their tier-4 sponsorship status. They don’t want to ‘waste’ their CAS that’s why they want to dor the I’s and cross the T’s.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Oga:
I’m sorry.
Maybe someone else will understand the gobbledygook and answer.

Financial Instruments. Liquidate. Cash. Etc...
All these ones to describe the amount of money (in Naira or pounds) that you need to show for Maintenance and Fees?

Liquidation of the financial instruments was due to CoViD?

I think all your school wants to know is that you meet the requirements. HEI protect their tier-4 sponsorship status. They don’t want to ‘waste’ their CAS that’s why they want to dor the I’s and cross the T’s.

Waste CAS ke? No be ordinary paper grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Waste CAS ke? No be ordinary paper grin

No sir.
CAS is NOT ‘ordinary paper’.
For every CAS an HEI issues, they must account to Her Majesty’s Government how it was used- Remember the parable of the talents in the Bible?

If an HEI issues CAS and the candidate is refused a visa, it negatively affects the Tier-4 sponsorship status of the HEI.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
Interesting!!!
See accountability

LaaJiblik:

No sir.
For every CAS an HEI issues, they must account to Her Majesty’s Government how it was used- Remember the parable of the talents in the Bible?

If an HEI issues CAS and the candidate is refused a visa, it negatively affects the Tier-4 sponsorship status of the HEI.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
But there's nothing to laugh about though ...I am here to help @Laajiblik when it's time..just felt the info will be better applied by that time,also so we don't derail the thread.

mattfeuter:

Yeah that was why I was laughing lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Still means, the tution is no longer available or reduced? Isn't that correct?

If I understand clearly,the evidence your school is requesting for is the bank statement showing tution and maintenance funds.

mdeeokoye p[b:
ost=91312737]So by liquidate I ment I had some financial instruments that I needed to process to my account as cash. There were delays from the bank[
/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by 3greatnations: 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
Please for this tier 4 visa fees how do we make payment .is it possible to pay Naira equivalent with nigeria bank card.Also for transcript my school wouldn’t give by hand .from what I have read you need original copy of transcript for visa application .please how do I go about this .please I need advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Yes you can pay with your Nigerian Visa or MasterCard, the USD equivalent will be deducted

2. Can you request for student's copy of transcript (which is yours and given by hand)

That should help

3greatnations:
Please for this tier 4 visa fees how do we make payment .is it possible to pay Naira equivalent with nigeria bank card.Also for transcript my school wouldn’t give by hand .from what I have read you need original copy of transcript for visa application .please how do I go about this .please I need advise

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
duchess90:
But there's nothing to laugh about though ...I am here to help @Laajiblik when it's time..just felt the info will be better applied by that time,also so we don't derail the thread.

Okay oh, happy helping grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
3greatnations:
Please for this tier 4 visa fees how do we make payment .is it possible to pay Naira equivalent with nigeria bank card Yes, it is Possible
.Also for transcript my school wouldn’t give by hand .from what I have read you need original copy of transcript for visa application Not true. please how do I go about this Try as much as you can to see if you can get a copy of your transcript from your school by hand.
.please I need advise

Actually, it’s the SCHOOL that requires transcripts, not the UKVI. In other words, transcripts are necessary for admission, not for visa processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
duchess90:

Thanks @duchess90
Or is it @dduchess90?

Which (who) is which (who) sef?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 10:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
LaaJiblik:

No sir.

Okay. Beautiful never knew
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 11:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
Calm054:

Two weeks. I applied last week of April and got my offer 1st week of May.

Thanks dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 12:09am On Jul 03, 2020
I got my living expenses money on the 29th of June meaning that the total money both tution and living expenses has not stayed in the account for 28 days yet. I am wondering what my response to the school will be like?

duchess90:
Still means, the tution is no longer available or reduced? Isn't that correct?

If I understand clearly,the evidence your school is requesting for is the bank statement showing tution and maintenance funds.

[/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 3:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Please for someone living outside lagos, do I have to come to lagos for TB test and still come back again for biometrics? Or there's another way of doing it? Thanks you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 4:05am On Jul 03, 2020
Just send them your statement - they’re not the visa office (of which, TLS still isn’t open by the way). Also, the Uni’s request clearly states that what they want to see is that you have the required funds and that your proof of funds meets UKVI’s requirements.

If it’ll make you feel better, mention that you know you can’t apply until the ~29th of July. I don’t think there’s a need for any story.

mdeeokoye:
I got my living expenses money on the 29th of June meaning that the total money both tution and living expenses has not stayed in the account for 28 days yet. I am wondering what my response to the school will be like?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 4:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Mobilipia:
Please for someone living outside lagos, do I have to come to lagos for TB test and still come back again for biometrics? Or there's another way of doing it? Thanks you.

It depends on your convenience but I advice that you take the pain of doing it now and face Visa when it is visa cos the centres may be overwhelmed in the coming days. People are just waiting to hear that the embassy is open for applications to flood the place and when that happens, there will be complications and delays in nearly all process except for those who started out on time

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.