Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,270 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091073 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2020
Yes you are filling the right form,all you need to do is to filling in your UK school address. The address and postcode should be on your offer letter

Mosopea:
Hello house,

Please when I was filling the form to book a test at IOM , I was asked to fill in my uk address, postcode and number on the 3rd form ? Am I using the right form pls.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2020
mattfeuter:

If I may,

It simply means , that rule ( needing to show academic progression) would have applied to him if he was still in the UK, but since he’s applying from Nigeria, he’s exempt.

But he have done masters in the U.K, do you think it makes sense to return the UK to do masters in the field with showing the difference between the previous masters and the intended one ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2020
mamacajah:

Is this letter to UKVI or to the school? Is it required during visa interviews or school application/admission process?

This letter will be attached to your visa application, it makes no sense to repeat a course at the same level without any difference between the two courses so your school is right.

You need to show progression between the two.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 12:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
I appreciate it.

Mikeval001:
Yes you are filling the right form,all you need to do is to filling in your UK school address. The address and postcode should be on your offer letter

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
mamacajah:

The reason I am asking is because I have lost 2 applications based on this academic progression on a 2nd Masters. Both schools said I didn't meet academic progression for doing a second program at the same level during visa application. But now you guys are saying that applies only to those in UK? But I applied as an overseas student. I am getting a bit confused here... undecided

Is there anyone who successfully applied for a 2nd Masters or knows someone who did.. to shred more light on this.. Thanks!

Was your first masters in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jogunbona(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
Pls Gurus in the house help a brother oo I choose Bournemounth university for masters in project management please I dnt have any idea about this area regards to job opportunity n cost of getting a moderate accommodation or do u think subscribing to the school hostel is better option especially with the 14 days quarantine thing... most importantly how is getting a student job in Bournemouth n is there chances of PSW pls I need candid response pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
justwise:

This letter will be attached to your visa application, it makes no sense to repeat a course at the same level without any difference between the two courses so your school is right.

ok..for example I did my previous masters in Management and now I am going for Social work ... they are different career paths and I have justification on basis of genuine career aspirations.. so does it meet the progression requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Was your first masters in the UK?
Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2020
I think it’s just in uk application. See the new policy just released today.

justwise:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
What university please?

Sanitizer:

Yes. I received mine last week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2020
mamacajah:

ok..for example I did my previous masters in Management and now I am going for Social work ... they are different career paths and I have justification on basis of genuine career aspirations.. so does it meet the progression requirement?

This is just fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Celomomo: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2020
Yes. Use the address of the school you need it for.

Mosopea:
Hello house,

Please when I was filling the form to book a test at IOM , I was asked to fill in my uk address, postcode and number on the 3rd form ? Am I using the right form pls.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cocao(f): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
I just say I should show you people your good news

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
There's a lot of confusion to be honest in proving Academic Progression..I think the schools are the ones that judge..Whatever criteria they use we don't know. But i think they need to see that and justify that before they issue CAS.

I am talking based on my own experience, i had a bit of delay getting my transcript from my Masters to get my admission for PhD, and even though both schools are in the UK,Cranfield refused given me a CAS until they saw my results completing masters and proving academic progression.

Who knows what goes on behind the scene and the boxes they need to tick for this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chybabie: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
Yeah....
kingfish101:
If you're going to Edinburgh Napier this September
Can we exchange contacts?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
chybabie:
Yeah....

I sent you a mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
@Justwise
Good Afternoon.

Is it possible to book biometric appointment before paying for VISA and IHS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2020
mamacajah:

It sure does. We fall within the same category. smiley In what field was your Bachelor's degree? Mine was Sociology

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
duchess90:
There's a lot of confusion to be honest in proving Academic Progression..I think the schools are the ones that judge.. Whatever criteria they use we don't know. But i think they need to see that and justify that before they issue CAS.

Very true. For instance, I applied to three schools. Two asked me to write them an academic progression justification before they could take me to the interview stage, despite the fact that I had already stated reasons for a second Master's in a section of my personal statement. The third one on the other hand, just scheduled me right away for an interview.

I guess my personal statement was enough for the latter plus the correlation between my BSc. and my intended (2nd) Master's program.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2020
He is going to City, University of London wink
dhsmalls:
What university please?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2020
No, it's not. You submit your online application, pay IHS, pay visa fee and book biometrics appointment.
Sanitizer:
@Justwise
Good Afternoon.

Is it possible to book biometric appointment before paying for VISA and IHS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hisgraceapparel(f): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
SegunWamiri:

It sure does. We fall within the same category. smiley In what field was your Bachelor's degree? Mine was Sociology

My Bsc was also in Sociology and I'm going for masters in Social work
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 3:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
SegunWamiri:

Mine was Applied Statistics (Science)...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2020
SegunWamiri:

Very true. For instance, I applied to three schools. Two asked me to write them an academic progression justification before they could take me to the interview stage, despite the fact that I had already stated reasons for a second Master's in a section of my personal statement. The third one on the other hand, just scheduled me right away for an interview.

I guess my personal statement was enough for the latter plus the correlation between my BSc. and my intended (2nd) Master's program.

Exactly what one of the schools that gave me offer said when I asked for clarification on meeting academic progression.
Their immigration team said my personal statement already showed progression, so I was good to go and this was before any offer was made.
I have 3 offers now and need to decide which to go for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hopefully most schools will use the personal statement approach to justify that the applicant meets the academic progression criteria. It is easier that way.

mamacajah:

Exactly what one of the schools that gave me offer said when I asked for clarification on meeting academic progression.
Their immigration team said my personal statement already showed progression, so I was good to go and this was before any offer was made.
I have 3 offers now and need to decide which to go for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2020
mimilyrics:
No, it's not. You submit your online application, pay IHS, pay visa fee and book biometrics appointment.

Ok Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2020
justwise:

I don’t know what you are talking about please can you explain? Possibly with a link?
@ justwise
I found this in the tier 4 visa guidance for home office caseworkers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 4:36pm On Jul 13, 2020
mamacajah:

The reason I am asking is because I have lost 2 applications based on this academic progression on a 2nd Masters. Both schools said I didn't meet academic progression for doing a second program at the same level during visa application. But now you guys are saying that applies only to those in UK? But I applied as an overseas student. I am getting a bit confused here... undecided

Is there anyone who successfully applied for a 2nd Masters or knows someone who did.. to shred more light on this.. Thanks!
I completed an MSc in Chemical Engineering last year in the UK. I currently hold an offer for January 2021 to study MSc in Nursing.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zeecos(f): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2020
justwise:

But he have done masters in the U.K, do you think it makes sense to return the UK to do masters in the field with showing the difference between the previous masters and the intended one ?

People do it all the time. It's called a change in direction masters. You just have to explain your reasons well during the visa interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:43pm On Jul 13, 2020
@justwise, @dduchess90,@segunwamiri and others who responded.. thanks so much.. I really appreciate! Merci beaucoup!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2020
Please can one pay Visa fees at TLS and do biometrics same time? Or visa fees has to be paid online too.
mimilyrics:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2020
Wawu!
Zeecos:

I completed an MSc in Chemical Engineering last year in the UK. I currently hold an offer for January 2021 to study MSc in Nursing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.