Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,679 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094633 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sonofakin: 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
Look at your last two sentences, then read your previous posts. Yes, you guessed right, you really need to be more creative. Or maybe you still didn't notice the cliche. Anyway, you can do better. It is good we are now done.
hosey:

Lol. Ekaita and I have resolved the issue as he has addressed all the essentials I suggested.

So just get away from our conversation as we are now done. This is the last time I respond to you. I cant make you feel relevant.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 12, 2020
naledis:
Oh please!

He/She didn’t need to say all that to prove anything to you! They wanted answers based on an aspect and instead you went on a sanctimonious rant.

He/she didn’t owe you an introduction or recap. They came with a direct question. You could have simply answered like you have just done or moved on. Did you need to go in on them the way you did? Was that necessary?

Why not answer him if you know the answers and why are you just looking for my answers.

You better keep shut and go away. Me and the OP are having a conversation so keep off.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 12, 2020
ekaita:
Thanks for the feedback but quick question when you say RGU is more respected what exactly do you mean as the recent Ranking shows NTU as a top 50 school in the UK while RGU is almost number 100. Kindly explain the term more respected based on your opinion

I told you to forget about Plymouth as the city is filled with poverty. From your question, you want a city where you can get opportunities.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/one-three-plymouth-children-living-4084733.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/families-plymouth-poor-theyre-actually-3839516.amp

Plymouth is not reputable to industry too and lowest of the three. RGU is well respected in the oil and gas industry, it is well respected. Many top rated supervisors and well known in Petroleum Engineering. Aberdeen also has lots of opportunities in terms of job. Many industries as UK petroleum industry is at Aberdeen.

Nottingham is cheaper in terms of accommodation compared to Aberdeen. There are lots of opportunities too and multicultural.

But most importantly, choose the school with freindly and superb supervisor with
immense expertise in your research interest and who will support you. Remember, your main goal is to obtain PhD. Your supervisor determines if you will get PhD and not the school.

Good luck and cheers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cerezo: 2:57am On Jul 12, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Please, do you know if there is a regulatory body in the UK for Artificial Intelligence.?

As at today, there's no single body regulating AI in the UK. However, efforts to establish clear regulation for AI are
underway. Here's an interesting article to back my findings: https://gowlingwlg.com/en/insights-resources/articles/2019/regulation-of-ai-and-big-data/

If you have other follow up questions, please don't hesitate to put it out here. My guess is you are trying to pursue a program and perhaps you want to know a few things before diving in.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 3:55am On Jul 12, 2020
Mikeval001:
I experienced similar issue,I guess you are using google chrome browser,try to use another browser and I believe you will complete the process smoothly.

Thank you. This worked!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:30am On Jul 12, 2020
I woke up to see a fight here and there but will address you directly @hosey

If you have read my comments before now,you will see and understand I say the truth as it is

I have not used a strong word on anyone and I refuse to accept it either..

Don't use the word 'deceive ' on any of my post I beg you..I am not cut out for that. angry

Are you doing a PhD? Are you attending any of those schools? Allow people that have the experience to talk if you don't.

You mustn't react to every post..and when you are wrong be wise and accept it

Again I am addressing exactly what you said to me here.

The end..

hosey:

It is better to say the truth as it is. If you are doing PhD for work opportunities, forget it.

A PhD will even further restrict you for job in the industry.

Your supervisor is the most important thing to consider in a PhD and not any school. He decides if you are worthy of a PhD and not your school.

Dont deceive people because you want to encourage them.

I hate how I see many Nigerian students who have been sent back home because they didn't pass first or second year PhD confirmation exam. Some are now doing MPhil after failing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:49am On Jul 12, 2020
Hi @ekaita

If you haven't gotten a proper and direct answer,speak to other students in these schools because the questions you are asking are general questions that undergrads and postgrads can answer , if there's a WhatsApp forum for these schools join in,if they have Ambassadors speak to them.

Addressing a few more, 1.You can modify details of your PhD study along the way 2. Systems are in place in schools to check if your supervisor is a racist or isn't supportive enough 3. Most PhD programs have more than one supervisor ( a primary and a co-supervisior) 4. You need a good rapport with your supervisor yes, but you call the shots because it is your research,the first year they help to guide,2nd year you are at par,3rd year it is your show 5.Doing your PhD doesn't limit your opportunity to get a job, for one thing it gives you a foot into the academia if you are interested in that field. 6.The grading for PhD is not same for masters( this one na another day talk)

Doing a PhD I agree is very stressful but if it is what you want don't let anyone here discourage you

Again if there are other things I can share from my study experience so far..please send an email i'll respond.

Cheers

ekaita:
It's rather unfortunate as my question was clearly misunderstood. I never asked about PSW rather i asked about part-time work opportunities while studying and my other areas of concern such as nature of location, general cost of accommodation and other expenses.
Clarification on other areas which you have mentioned such as reputation of supervisor ,number of successful PhD programs,racism ,research area of interest etc have already been taken care of which is why my question was specific.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 5:08am On Jul 12, 2020
Chuukwudi:

Please, do you know if there is a regulatory body in the UK for Artificial Intelligence.?

BCS holds sway in this area but not compulsory. If the school has it good but if not, you are still good to go. BCS is just a professional body providing support professionally in the field of computing

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:32am On Jul 12, 2020
duchess90:
I woke up to see a fight here and there but will address you directly @hosey

If you have read my comments before now,you will see and understand I say the truth as it is

I have not used a strong word on anyone and I refuse to accept it either..

Don't use the word 'deceive ' on any of my post I beg you..I am not cut out for that. angry

Are you doing a PhD? Are you attending any of those schools? Allow people that have the experience to talk if you don't.

You mustn't react to every post..and when you are wrong be wise and accept it

Again I am addressing exactly what you said to me here.

The end..

If you cant help the guy and answer his question, then just keep shut and stop generalising. Face your doctoral research and don't exert your stress here. Just focus on your study as it appears that you really need it from your mental ability.

If you want to answer the guy, go ahead and don't put me in your conversation.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 6:45am On Jul 12, 2020
cerezo:

As at today, there's no single body regulating AI in the UK. However, efforts to establish clear regulation for AI are
underway. Here's an interesting article to back my findings: https://gowlingwlg.com/en/insights-resources/articles/2019/regulation-of-ai-and-big-data/

If you have other follow up questions, please don't hesitate to put it out here. My guess is you are trying to pursue a program and perhaps you want to know a few things before diving in.

Thank you very much for this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 6:47am On Jul 12, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

BCS holds sway in this area but not compulsory. If the school has it good but if not, you are still good to go. BCS is just a professional body providing support professionally in the field of computing
Thank you Samdeea

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ekaita: 7:05am On Jul 12, 2020
Thanks
duchess90:
Hi @ekaita

If you haven't gotten a proper and direct answer,speak to other students in these schools because the questions you are asking are general questions that undergrads and postgrads can answer , if there's a WhatsApp forum for these schools join in,if they have Ambassadors speak to them.

Addressing a few more, 1.You can modify details of your PhD study along the way 2. Systems are in place in schools to check if your supervisor is a racist or isn't supportive enough 3. Most PhD programs have more than one supervisor ( a primary and a co-supervisior) 4. You need a good rapport with your supervisor yes, but you call the shots because it is your research,the first year they help to guide,2nd year you are at par,3rd year it is your show 5.Doing your PhD doesn't limit your opportunity to get a job, for one thing it gives you a foot into the academia if you are interested in that field. 6.The grading for PhD is not same for masters( this one na another day talk)

Doing a PhD I agree is very stressful but if it is what you want don't let anyone here discourage you

Again if there are other things I can share from my study experience so far..please send an email i'll respond.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chinlov: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2020
[quote author=duchess90 post=91625066]Hi @ekaita

Cheers

Thanks so much Duchess my respect goes to you. Pls don't be discouraged by a few irresponsible nairalanders from doing your best to help with information. I truly appreciate your kindness. I guess the OP will be contacting you privately to avoid further show of shame here.

Once again, thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ekaita: 7:06am On Jul 12, 2020
Thanks cheers.[author=hosey post=91623250]

I told you to forget about Plymouth as the city is filled with poverty. From your question, you want a city where you can get opportunities.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/one-three-plymouth-children-living-4084733.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/families-plymouth-poor-theyre-actually-3839516.amp

Plymouth is not reputable to industry too and lowest of the three. RGU is well respected in the oil and gas industry, it is well respected. Many top rated supervisors and well known in Petroleum Engineering. Aberdeen also has lots of opportunities in terms of job. Many industries as UK petroleum industry is at Aberdeen.

Nottingham is cheaper in terms of accommodation compared to Aberdeen. There are lots of opportunities too and multicultural.

But most importantly, choose the school with freindly and superb supervisor with
immense expertise in your research interest and who will support you. Remember, your main goal is to obtain PhD. Your supervisor determines if you will get PhD and not the school.

Good luck and cheers.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 7:30am On Jul 12, 2020
No worries, I have kids so I understand when I see tantrums.. We move

Cheers..

[quote author=Chinlov post=91626681][/quote]

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

You mentioned yesterday that NCSC is the regulator of cyber security in the UK And that for one to land a “big” job in the uk, one must attend one of the universities you posted right?

Cc cyberpeaks01, youtook

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:19am On Jul 12, 2020
Reading all the comments and arguments, Someone always trying to force his opinion on others . grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2020
hosey:

If you cant help the guy and answer his question, then just keep shut and stop generalising. Face your doctoral research and don't exert your stress here. Just focus on your study as it appears that you really need it from your mental ability.

If you want to answer the guy, go ahead and don't put me in your conversation.

shocked telling someone to keep shut here !!... How dare you?? Are you sure you are 100% mentally and psychologically okay? Mind you, I pity those having you as friend, brother, husband, uncle or Daddy. Can't you just accept once that you are wrong with your assumption , and offer apology? You really need help in your inter-personal relationship with people. cool

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youtook(f): 9:33am On Jul 12, 2020
mattfeuter:

You mentioned yesterday that NCSC is the regulator of cyber security in the UK And that for one to land a “big” job in the uk, one must attend one of the universities you posted right?

Cc cyberpeaks01, youtook

Brilliant! This makes so much sense. Plus, I think one can also get certifications. That should make it easier to land the “big jobs”. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uche06: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning can I go with my wife to the UK for Msc program and would I be granted visa.
Which school accepts 1000 pounds as deposit
Which city has more work opportunities.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dayusin: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2020
Femi0078:
Hi everyone, please I got an offer in Salford university (MSc Managing Innovation and Information Technology, the course is accredited). But I want to change to MSc Cyber security in the same university but I discovered the cyber security is not an accredited course. Please can I go ahead with it or would there be a danger in the future ? I'm scared. Though I intend to further for PHD in the UK or another country after my course completion. Please help

I also found msc cyber security wasn’t stated in the NCSC list of schools yesterday. However, they are neither regulators nor an accreditation body. I intend to continue with the university of salford

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ExpressBooking(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2020
STENON:
shocked telling someone to keep shut here !!... How dare you?? Are you sure you are 100% mentally and psychologically okay? Mind you, I pity those having you as friend, brother, husband, uncle or Daddy. Can't you just accept once that you are wrong with your assumption , and offer apology? You really need help in your inter-personal relationship with people. cool

Don't mind them oooh, once their keyboard can type they will continue to bully anyone who doesn't subscribe to their opinion. Ever heard about E-warriors and Cyber bullies?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2020
STENON:

Lol. See wonders. You that hate your race and condemn your african heritage is talking.

Better dont say what you dont know anything about.

Stay with your education advisory.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:52am On Jul 12, 2020
STENON:
Reading all the comments and arguments, Someone always trying to force his opinion on others . grin cheesy

Lol

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2020
mattfeuter:

Cc cyberpeaks01, youtook

Oga, it is true that you may have secured admission with a university that is not on the list. You cannot underestimate the powers of NCSC. Check the universities on that list, their fees are above 20k pounds compared to the once who did not make the list which goes for about 14k. The NCSC is a government regulatory body and you can't take that status from them

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2020
ekaita:
Thanks cheers.[author=hosey post=91623250]

Good luck and cheers.

You are welcome.

If you need further info, come to this nairaland PhD thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2044554/thread-phd-students

Ask 'wip7' who is a Professor in the making with many SCI and SCII scopus publications to guide you.

Also check student room UK, findaphd forum, student hut, research postgraduate forum and many more. You can ask more school related questions there.

Good luck with your quest for knowledge.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Oga, it is true that you may have secured admission with a university that is not on the list. You cannot underestimate the powers of NCSC. Check the universities on that list, their fees are above 20k pounds compared to the once who did make the list which goes for about 14k. The NCSC is a government regulatory body and you can't take that status from them

Boom!

This is exactly where I was waiting for you,

My uni is City, uni of London and it’s not on the list and of course , it’s way higher than £14k so what’s your point??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2020
hosey:

Lol. See wonders. You that hate your race and condemn your african heritage is talking.

Better dont say what you dont know anything about.

Stay with your education advisory.
Yes, I am always happy to offer you help... Hope you are not trying to correct your PhD supervisor or as well argue with him? And hope you are accepting your mistakes and working for improvement? Be Humble for once. That will help you more than your "Hosey (BSc, PGDE (nairaland), MSc, PhD ... etc)" cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 12, 2020
STENON:
Yes, I am always happy to offer you help... Hope you are not trying to correct your PhD supervisor or argue with him? And hope you are accepting your mistakes and working for improvement? Be Humble for once. That will help more than your" Hosey (BSc, PGDE (nairaland), MSc, PhD ... etc)"
The questioner has received respective info and has benefited. That is the utmost goal. Dont spoil your legacy. Let it end here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2020
hosey:

The questioner has received respective info and has benefited. That is the utmost goal. Dont spoil your legacy. Let it end here.
My summary, conclusion and recommendation is
"Be humble and accept that you are not always right"

Peace !! tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.