Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091012 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2020
Santopayma:

Yes, please buzz me damilola.dammie@gmail.com

Hi cheesy please check your mail just sent a message.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santopayma: 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Hi cheesy please check your mail just sent a message.

drop your email address please

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
No not u alone

quote author=jogunbona post=91941865] Pls Sir/Ma is anyone going to Bournemouth this September kindly link me pls got a mail yesterday from the school regarding online teaching in the Uk for this semester pls am I the only one with this mail pls[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2020
Today the letting negotiator showed me an accomodation 75pounds per week with bills inclusive. The place was looking dirty. At least if you wan show person house, you go make sure it is clean. I just told him to give me 48 hours to come up with a response.

Secondly, he said if I sign an agreement now, I cannot quit in January and move to a bigger apartment. Because tenancy in the UK often ends in June. Abeg who get knowledge of this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
SAMDEEA123:
Today the letting negotiator showed me an accomodation 75pounds per week with bills inclusive. The place was looking dirty. At least if you wan show person house, you go make sure it is clean. I just told him to give me 48 hours to come up with a response.

Secondly, he said if I sign an agreement now, I cannot quit in January and move to a bigger apartment. Because tenancy in the UK often ends in June. Abeg who get knowledge of this?

Now this has been the discussion today on whatsgroup. Most landlords are asking for 1 year lease, even schools are saying the same thing.. it's a tough situation now because of the COVID-19 issue and the 14 days quarantine.. you may need to keep trying other agents or apartments..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Iamslickp: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hahaha which kind Wahala be this I ve to go to the clinic again
mattfeuter:

It has to be stamped
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

Please don’t sign any agreement with any agent yet. If you do, you will be charged throughout the duration of the contract whether you live in the accommodation or not. Let go of that for now, for the fact you said is dirty is a sign that is not a good deal.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
Welcome to U.K. house viewing.
It’s not from the landlord or agent, it’s from the tenants. Unlike Nigeria where tenant has already moved out, or they’re told to keep it clean for inspection.
In U.K. landlord only cares about your permission for someone to view your room. They won’t beg you to tidy.

So if you’re viewing the room, it’s left for you to ignore the dirt and focus on the space and other facilities you care about. The room is usually cleaned before you move in smiley
SAMDEEA123:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
Have you heard from Liverpool hope about CAS?

SegunWamiri:

OH right. Well thought out and I'm definitely taking a cue from that. Though I'm going alone for NOW, might have to move out of Childwall when my family arrives later on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 8:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
Have you heard from Liverpool hope about CAS? I have not heard from them in about a week after fulfilling all requirements for CAS.

mdeeokoye:
They sent a mail for me to send my IELTS cos they said it is about to be forwarded to their compliance team. I want the CAS to be ready towards month end so that if they need my statement it must have met the 28 days timeline.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:
Please, as students, do we book one -way tickets when travelling with dependents or we can book a short flight ticket for like 3 weeks and after arrival, ignore the return leg? We are having an argument here about which option is right.Thanks guys.

Normally one way tickets would be cheaper and better. However, looking at the prices of tickets currently, it's cheaper to buy a return ticket as it is cheaper than buying one way right now. You can pick the return date up till 6 months from the date of departure and also try and pick a ticket that allows you to change dates for a small fee or for free! A lot of airlines are now giving 1 date change for free because of the pandemic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Welcome to U.K. house viewing.
It’s not from the landlord or agent, it’s from the tenants. Unlike Nigeria where tenant has already moved out, or they’re told to keep it clean for inspection.
In U.K. landlord only cares about your permission for someone to view your room. They won’t beg you to tidy.

So if you’re viewing the room, it’s left for you to ignore the dirt and focus on the space and other facilities you care about. The room is usually cleaned before you move in smiley

He said so but I expected what saw on pishure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

Now this has been the discussion today on whatsgroup. Most landlords are asking for 1 year lease, even schools are saying the same thing.. it's a tough situation now because of the COVID-19 issue and the 14 days quarantine.. you may need to keep trying other agents or apartments..

Don't fall for that, its 6months and you can move out before that 6 months expires as long as you give the landlord one month notice.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2020
Dwebb55:

Normally one way tickets would be cheaper and better. However, looking at the prices of tickets currently, it's cheaper to buy a return ticket as it is cheaper than buying one way right now. You can pick the return date up till 6 months from the date of departure and also try and pick a ticket that allows you to change dates for a small fee or for free! A lot of airlines are now giving 1 date change for free because of the pandemic.

You are too much. I just did a check for one of my schools. Return ticket was 921 USD but one way was 3,240USD shocked...it's a no brainer
Thanks so much..you just saved a life.. and our savings kiss

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
justwise:

Don't fall for that, its 6months and you can move out before that 6 months expires as long as you give the landlord one month notice.
Would you have to pay the whole 6 months or get the lease , and then move out henever you want..but pay for an extra month? I hope I got it right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

Would you have to pay the whole 6 months or get the lease , and then move out henever you want..but pay for an extra month? I hope I got it right?

No, you pay the deposit (which is usually one month rent) and a month rent before moving in then start paying monthly. Your deposit will be deposited with the council and they will email you the registration paper, that is done so as to avoid landlords refusing to give you back your deposit when moving out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2020
justwise:

No, you pay the deposit (which is usually one month rent) and a month rent before moving in then start paying monthly. Your deposit will be deposited with the counci[/b]l and they will email you the registration paper, that is done so as [b]to avoid landlords refusing to give you back your deposit when moving out

I loved that part...see where structures are set up to protect everyone's interest.. I pray Nigeria will once again become like this or even better..

Thanks Justwise..I do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

You are too much. I just did a check for one of my schools. Return ticket was 921 USD but one way was 3,240USD shocked...it's a no brainer

Depends on the airline . when a friend resumed in January,the cheaper airlines one way was literally half the price so much cheaper than return especially the cheaper airline like Egypt air , and like 3 I can't remember .

The more expensive airline like BA, Klm then yes one way not cheaper
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Depends on the airline . when a friend resumed in January,the cheaper airlines one way was literally half the price so much cheaper than return especially the cheaper airline like Egypt air , and like 3 I can't remember .

The more expensive airline like BA, Klm then yes one way not cheaper

to each their preference.. yes they are cheaper airlines but they always have several stop overs with plenty of waiting time..
we have tried those a lot recently and it is hectic handling toddlers and changing flights..it's not funny at all...
so we decided if the cost is below 1k USD, we would stick to KLM..
definitely not BA..I stopped flying them years ago..they haven't dropped their prices for the past 5 years...
also location matters.. most cheap flights are to London.. if you are going elsewhere and you want to go to London first, before using bus to travel to your location..that's another 5 -10 hours road trip..another long trying period of answering " are we there yet?" " children, sit down quietly.. etc" before getting to your destination, when you would already been there hours before...you get the drift..
and besides, when we added up all the costs for such routes, it ended up being more expensive than using the slightly more expensive flight..

To summarise, using cheaper flights might be okay for singles but may not be the same for families travelling with children.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

to each their preference.. yes they are cheaper airlines but they always have several stop overs with plenty of waiting time..
we have tried those a lot recently and it is hectic handling toddlers and changing flights..it's not funny at all...
definitely not BA..I stopped flying them years ago..they haven't dropped their prices for the past 5 years...
also location matters.. most cheap flights are to London.. if you are going elsewhere and you want to go to London first, before using bus to travel to your location..that's another 5 -10 hours road trip..another long trying period of answering " are we there yet?" " children, sit down quietly.. etc" before getting to your destination, when you would already been there hours before...you get the drift..
and besides, when we added up all the costs for such routes, it ended up being more expensive than using the slightly more expensive flight..

To [b]summarise, using cheaper flights might be okay for singles [/b]but may not be the same for families travelling with children.

@ the bolded:
Singles without money.
Singles with money take private jets.

Families without Money (even if it’s 5 noisy uk toddlers) take the cheap flights.

Las, las... it’s about money, and not about ‘singleness’ or ‘familyness’

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
justwise:

Stand the risk of loosing your balance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2020
Rightmove, Zoopla, OntheMarket etc may sound great, but if my target is a room in a flatshare (usually with bills inclusive), and I am single, I will NOT use any of the above.

I would use SpareRoom, Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree. I will however use my NAIJA sense to shine my eye well wellllllll and not pay a single kobo, nor sign any contract until the property has been seen with koro-koro eye.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Stand the risk of loosing your balance.

You will not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2020
LaaJiblik:

@ the bolded:
Singles without money.
Singles with money take private jets.

Families without Money (even if it’s 5 noisy uk toddlers) take the cheap flights.

Las, las... it’s about money, and not about ‘singleness’ or ‘familyness’

As long as we get to the Uk, even if it’s Togo Airways with 20 stop overs grin

12 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
Not all lease have breakout clause.... some do , soyou can move earlier with notice but its IMPORTANT to know not all do

New students it's also important to know fully what you are agreeing it . Best not pay or sign a contract before you see with your eyes

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

What is the best airline booking to use? One that will give notifications and not disappoint on the day deparure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
Amberstudent don’t do monthly just weekly,

Please which other site can I use
Aprokodaughter:

You can check amberstudent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

To summarise, using cheaper flights might be okay for singles but may not be the same for families travelling with children.

For sure, everyone has to work out what works best given the whole / totality. I just mentioned an observation between the price of one way versus return
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

For sure, everyone has to work out what works best given the whole / totality. I just mentioned an observation between the price of one way versus return

And I got it.. I was just trying to lay out a scenario of why I chose KLM..sorry if it seems to come out the wrong way to you.. my apologies..
and I even got more people to add their different choices.. so it's all good! grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2020
I think it actually has to do with the landlord and the type of contract signed. All the houses available where I schooled were up for 9 months contracts (for September starts) with the exception of the summer rentals. They had no breakout clauses except you got someone else to take over your contract.
Though I was able to get out of my 9-month contract one month early due to a personal emergency situation that cropped up and my landlord agreed to use my security deposit for my 8th month in the house and let me off for the 9th month, other people weren't so lucky.

justwise:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2020
If you need a house in liverpool or u seen one and u need someone to check it out for you (I.e proximity to the campus and maybe video viewing tour, I could be of help). Otherwise you can check flatshare for affordable student friendly accommodations around

Cc @segunwamiri

dhsmalls:
Have you heard from Liverpool hope about CAS?

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
mimilyrics:
I think it actually has to do with the landlord and the type of contract signed. All the houses available where I schooled were up for 9 months contracts (for September starts) with the exception of the summer rentals.
Though I was able to get out of my 9-month contract one month early due to a personal situation that cropped up and my landlord agreed to use my security deposit for my 8th month in the house and let me off for the 9th month, other people weren't so lucky.

No landlord can force you to see out your tenancy when you have no intention to live in that property any longer.

This is why its very important to make sure that your deposit is registered with council scheme and one month notice is given to landlord.

Whether you sign long or assured shorthold tenancy agreement you can move out without living out the whole period.

That said..if you are signing tenancy agreement with property agencies like Rightmove or Zoopla then make sure that you read that agreement propertly and the small prints else they will leave you out of pocket.

Always deal with private landlord directly, avoid agents if you can

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.