Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1092587 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iboboyswag(m): 11:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
mamacajah:

to each their preference.. yes they are cheaper airlines but they always have several stop overs with plenty of waiting time..
we have tried those a lot recently and it is hectic handling toddlers and changing flights..it's not funny at all...
so we decided if the cost is below 1k USD, we would stick to KLM..
definitely not BA..I stopped flying them years ago..they haven't dropped their prices for the past 5 years...
also location matters.. most cheap flights are to London.. if you are going elsewhere and you want to go to London first, before using bus to travel to your location..that's another 5 -10 hours road trip..another long trying period of answering " are we there yet?" " children, sit down quietly.. etc" before getting to your destination, when you would already been there hours before...you get the drift..
and besides, when we added up all the costs for such routes, it ended up being more expensive than using the slightly more expensive flight..

To summarise, using cheaper flights might be okay for singles but may not be the same for families travelling with children.

True.. to each his pocket but in all honesty I don't subscribe to all this plenty stopovers. The difference in savings most times isn't even up to a 100k if we put everything in a cost perspective.

P.S: For the experience and if it is worth your while, a layover can be a great adventure. grin Atleast you can mouth off that you have been to a certain country even though you alone stopped at the airport lounge.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:27pm On Jul 21, 2020
A tenancy contract is legally binding from the moment you sign it with the following exceptions

BREAKOUT CLAUSE
1. When you use the breakout clause (if it exists) in your contract.

LANDLORD RENEGOTIATION
2. When you discuss with the landlord and agree new terms regarding your opting out of the contract early.

BREACH OF CONTRACT
3. When the landlord breaches the contract.
4. When the tenant breaches the contract.
5. If you discover deception or misleading information within the 1st 90 days of the contract.
6. When the landlord arbitrarily increases the rent.

I was in contact with my council as soon as I knew I had to end my tenancy and the way out was to discuss with my landlord since I couldn't utilize the breakout clause.

The other tenants had to see out their tenancy or pay for the remaining months on their contract but they got their security deposits back or used it in lieu of the last month's rent. One tenant that had to quit school also discussed with the landlord and he was opted out of his contract within the 1st 3 months and the landlord found a new tenant for the free space in the 5th month.

Anyway, the bottom line is that everyone renting should ensure that they read and understand their contracts and the clauses included before signing them.

justwise:

No landlord can force you to see out your tenancy when you have no intention to live in that property any longer.

This is why its very important to make sure that your deposit is registered with council scheme and one month notice is given to landlord.

Whether you sign long or assured shorthold tenancy agreement you can move out without living out the whole period.

That said..if you are signing tenancy agreement with property agencies like Rightmove or Zoopla then make sure that you read that agreement propertly and the small prints else they will leave you out of pocket.

Always deal with private landlord directly, avoid agents if you can

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
The bolded for me. Lol grin

iboboyswag:

True.. to each his pocket but in all honesty I don't subscribe to all this plenty stopovers. The difference in savings most times isn't even up to a 100k if we put everything in a cost perspective.

P.S: For the experience and if it is worth your while, a layover can be a great adventure. grin Atleast you can mouth off that you have been to a certain country even though you alone stopped at the airport lounge.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
I have not sent my statement and TB yet. I will be sending it by month end.
dhsmalls:
Have you heard from Liverpool hope about CAS? I have not heard from them in about a week after fulfilling all requirements for CAS.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
Omah7979:
Amberstudent don’t do monthly just weekly,

Please which other site can I use

You can email those accommodations and they will give you monthly plan on a request. Some give you quarter plans. Just tell them what you want they give you all the details.

I have found some accommodations I do like I have emailed them and they have given me plans.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingurchz: 12:33am On Jul 22, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm looking to connect with anyone going to Sheffield Hallam University.
Hola!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 12:40am On Jul 22, 2020
justwise:

You will not

I wouldn’t want to drag with you.
But you actually stand the risk of loosing your deposit. A real risk.
What is important is the letterings if the contract.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 22, 2020
kingurchz:
Hi guys,
I'm looking to connect with anyone going to Sheffield Hallam University.
Hola!

Hi grin will send you a pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:50am On Jul 22, 2020
lol you need to actually apply for a uni ambassador position or something relating to international students support during SU elections.

You will actually make a good ambassador for Sheffield Hallam. I haven’t seen someone as passionate for as school than you are. That’s good smiley
Aprokodaughter:

Hi grin will send you a pm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iboboyswag(m): 1:09am On Jul 22, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That kain tin dey make sense sometimes o!

toyclicks:
The bolded for me. Lol grin

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 1:25am On Jul 22, 2020
iboboyswag:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That kain tin dey make sense sometimes o!

Many airports are partially closed. A friend passing through Dubai airport yesterday mentioned that all shops except Wendy's were closed!

We are in Covid times and exploring might not be an option open to us!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2020
Skymoore1004:
lol you need to actually apply for a uni ambassador position or something relating to international students support during SU elections.

You will actually make a good ambassador for Sheffield Hallam. I haven’t seen someone as passionate for as school than you are. That’s good smiley

Aww...thank you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 2:01am On Jul 22, 2020
Good evening, please I’d love someone to help me with university that accepts waec for undergraduate. I got B3 in my English language and I have an English proficiency letter from my polytechnic. And also please how do go about the UCAS I am in this stage. Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2020
I've been seeing a lot of "don't make payment nor sign any contract before seeing the property"
Realistically,is it possible to secure an apartment with the Landlord or agent while you are still in Nigeria without making any payment nor signing any contract?

Is it possible for the Landlord or agent to keep the apartment available for you till you arrive in the UK without you making payment nor signing contract ahead?

Thanks for your response ahead

LagosismyHome:
Not all lease have breakout clause.... some do , soyou can move earlier with notice but its IMPORTANT to know not all do

New students it's also important to know fully what you are agreeing it . Best not pay or sign a contract before you see with your eyes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrkenth(m): 9:41am On Jul 22, 2020
If you are coming to Anglia Ruskin University Chelmsford and you need help settling down.. hola@me

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 22, 2020
@justwise

Good Morning

On the the of my appointment with tlscontact will I be interviewed after data capturing?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 9:57am On Jul 22, 2020
Good morning my people in Bournemouth.

Abeg, just as mrkenth, is helping Anglia R. uni prospective in finding accommodation and settling down.

Make our own brethren and sisters also be helpful to us, 'me' especially too naa.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2020
Yes, you'll be.
Sanitizer:
@justwise

Good Morning

On the the of my appointment with tlscontact will I be interviewed after data capturing?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BouharryArtikou: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2020
Sanitizer:
@justwise

Good Morning

Thank you.

Yes, you will be interviewed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:03am On Jul 22, 2020
Maybe just for a few days but If the landlord finds someone else before you arrive, the apartment is gone. They'd rather go with certainty in the person who's available and who's paid than one who isn't in the country yet.
Mikeval001:
I've been seeing a lot of "don't make payment nor sign any contract before seeing the property"
Realistically,is it possible to secure an apartment with the Landlord or agent while you are still in Nigeria without making any payment nor signing any contract?

Is it possible for the Landlord or agent to keep the apartment available for you till you arrive in the UK without you making payment nor signing contract ahead?

Thanks for your response ahead

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BouharryArtikou: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2020
Firstlady00:
Good evening, please I’d love someone to help me with university that accepts waec for undergraduate. I got B3 in my English language and I have an English proficiency letter from my polytechnic. And also please how do go about the UCAS I am in this stage. Thank you

Almost all universities accept WAEC for Undergrad admissions. You may not even need any ENGLIsH proficiency letter from your polytechnic.

You go about the UCAS by filling the form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iboboyswag(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2020
Dwebb55:

Many airports are partially closed. A friend passing through Dubai airport yesterday mentioned that all shops except Wendy's were closed!

We are in Covid times and exploring might not be an option open to us!

True... and that is why it is stated as sometimes. This times being not one of those times.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2020
Now that almost all the banks have made a downward review of the international spending limit on their Naira Master cards to be $500, how are we going to pay for IHS that is £450($567) ?

Or are there still banks with monthly spending limit of $1,000 ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2020
As an alternative, you can open a $ account, get a $ card, buy $ from the BDC and have the BDC transfer to you instead of direct cash.
garuskoko:
Now that almost all the banks have made a downward review of the international spending limit on their Naira Master cards to be $500, how are we going to pay for IHS that is £450($567) ?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 22, 2020
garuskoko:

Use Access Bank visa card. it has a monthly international transaction limit of $3000

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
leo2sexy:
Hello all there is currently a movement on twitter, we are pleading with the government to open the international airspace, people are stranded, dreams are dying its been 4 months and yet nothing, most embassies aren't working, please kindly lend your voice... the hash tag is OpenNGIntlAirspace
please tag this handle @ProfOsinbajo @hadisirika @channelstv @fmaviationng @nigeriancaa
God bless you all

Please lets not be irresponsible about this, many countries you want to travel to are still struggling with coronavirus and schools can not even guarantee face to face lecture.

Stop spamming this section with this message

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mentored: 12:25pm On Jul 22, 2020
Firstlady00:

Coventry University accepts WAEC directly to year one without A level or foundation for undergraduate provided you are 16 years and above

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2020
Sanitizer:

Use Access Bank visa card. it has a monthly international transaction limit of $3000

Wow, thanks much for this information. I actually have a diamond Bank master card.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2020
Please how did you book for TB test with IOM I have sent countless mail and also tried calling their mobile numbers repeatedly without success as all the number are not connecting or switched off,kindly assist thanks
mdeeokoye:
I have not sent my statement and TB yet. I will be sending it by month end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.