Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090290 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 3:55am On Jul 30, 2020
No she has not. Do you know why IHS will be asking for the main applicant's visa expiry date before it will allow the dependants pay for IHS? The main applicant is applying alongside the dependants and has been able to pay for her IHS.
Mobilipia:
Hello dear, Please were you able to get help with your dependants application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 4:00am On Jul 30, 2020
The link is for outside UK.
Mobilipia:
Are you sure you chose outside UK? There's separate link for those inside UK. May be you should double-check to be sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Shanzzy(f): 4:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Okay. Thank you will double check again.
Mobilipia:
are you sure you chose outside UK? There's separate link for those inside UK. May be you should double-check to be sure.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 4:39am On Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

Please double check and back trace the steps you did, ideally the number that should be requested for is the GWF******* number for the main applicant. something seems to be wrong. Check and confirm

Cheers

adenike09:
No she has not. Do you know why IHS will be asking for the main applicant's visa expiry date before it will allow the dependants pay for IHS? The main applicant is applying alongside the dependants and has been able to pay for her IHS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 4:40am On Jul 30, 2020
Hi

Check through your application again

dduchess90:
Hi,

Please double check and back trace the steps you did, ideally the number that should be requested for is the GWF******* number for the main applicant. something seems to be wrong. Check and confirm

Cheers

Shanzzy:
Okay. Thank you will double check again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 5:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for your reply. The GWF was requested for at the beginning of the application and it was given. Could it be that the CAS does not cover the dependants? The visa expiry date was requested for before all the dependants can pay IHS but it was not the case for the main applicant.

dduchess90:
Hi,

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 5:13am On Jul 30, 2020
dduchess90:
Let me try to help..You can keep uploading your documents until 24hrs before the biometric. Once uploaded, a summary of the evidence of the documents you have submitted will be shown for you to print and take to the visa office.

You can't self upload after that submission but there should be perhaps an option to pay for a forgotten or missing document, try and email TLS on it and confirm.

24hrs before biometric should be alright for you then, you should have gotten all your documents ready at that point and submitted.
Keep uploading what is available and sign out after previewing them( ps not submit oh)

Cheers

grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by shogunley: 6:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Kindly explain further...Like how can you defend your source of fund, will such question be asked
dduchess90:
Hi,

Funding is a general question, not split into first year or second year unless you give them a reason to ask more into funding for second year.

Keep it simple and defend your source of funds if you are self funded. Don't over complicate things during the interview.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2020
adenike09:
Thanks for your reply. The GWF was requested for at the beginning of the application and it was given. Could it be that the CAS does not cover the dependants? The visa expiry date was requested for before all the dependants can pay IHS but it was not the case for the main applicant.

This visa expiry date question for the dependants shows up on every dependants application. You haven't done anything wrong in your application trust me. After you finally pay and submit your application form, you won't see that question show up on the completed application form. So no need to panic. For me, what I did was to input the end date of my course which is 31st October 2021 as shown on my CAS as my visa expiry date on my dependants application.

The application went thru and it's not even showing on any of our completed application forms. I guess they just trying to use it to calculate the dependants IHS Fee since it is at the point of trying to pay the IHS Fee they actually asking that question. Good Luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2020
adenike09:
No she has not. [b]Do you know why IHS will be asking for the main applicant's visa expiry date before it will allow the dependants pay for IHS?[/b]The main applicant is applying alongside the dependants and has been able to pay for her IHS.

That is a way of calculating IHS for the dependant, the dependant will pay the same amount as the main applicant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:26am On Jul 30, 2020
Goddys:
Please I wanted to ask the best answer to give UKVI to a question concerning how the applicant will fund his second year tuition for a master degree.

Since they require only evidence of first year tuition and maintenance money for 9 months, what's the appropriate answer to give to the above question when no evidence of second year tuition funding was required and the applicant is funding it by himself

justwise

Two masters course does not mean that you are going to pay for two years tuition fees and maintenance money, it's one year but the IHS will be for two years because you will be given two years plus visa.

So you have nothing to worry about regarding such question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 8:04am On Jul 30, 2020
Oh, was that what you meant? You got the answers already then

Cheers

adenike09:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2020
Mattfeuter that airplane collide news could be false since no name was mentioned but sources and I don't think any other news outlet talked about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2020
adenike09:

Yes I remember this happening to a friend in January but faintly remember how it was solved. I think by calculating the main applicant expiry and putting it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DaDevin: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2020
Adeyemoab:
i am going to University of Stirling by October

Can we link up please, I’ll send u a PM, also going to striking for Oct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Thanks alot. I will do just that.

garuskoko:

This visa expiry date question for the dependants shows up on every dependants application. You haven't done anything wrong in your application trust me. After you finally pay and submit your application form, you won't see that question show up on the completed application form. So no need to panic. For me, what I did was to input the end date of my course which is 31st October 2021 as shown on my CAS as my visa expiry date on my dependants application.

The application went thru and it's not even showing on any of our completed application forms. I guess they just trying to use it to calculate the dependants IHS Fee since it is at the point of trying to pay the IHS Fee they actually asking that question. Good Luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tanimofe: 9:09am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=Gloriouscrown post=92243548]My complete school fees and maintenance fees have been in my dom account for about 4 months now (untouched). Can I just print out my bank statement when I want to apply or do I have to start counting for 28 days? Please I need clarification on this.

Thanks

Please, my statement is still reading 28days, and at day 16 now, and yet to get CAS, but it seems visa appointment booking earliest date is now 1st of sept, it take 2days for school to release CAS after statement, can i book date now , while waiting? gurus in the house what do you suggest i do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 9:10am On Jul 30, 2020
Thank you

dduchess90:
Oh, was that what you meant? You got the answers already then

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
Mattfeuter that airplane collide news could be false since no name was mentioned but sources and I don't think any other news outlet talked about it.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/30/two-aircraft-collide-at-lagos-airport/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=tanimofe post=92258502][/quote]

You cannot book appointment without completing your visa application, you cannot complete visa application without your CAS.

CAS first
Visa application second
Appointment third.

You can't escape that order.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/30/two-aircraft-collide-at-lagos-airport/

Just names of airlines. Who they interviewed was not mentioned.

Both airlines and the airport can denial the report by putting out a press release to the public.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by moomanpg: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2020
Hmm, so commercial airlines have been operating "codedly" some disguised as cargo plane.
Ok o, it is well with us.

mattfeuter:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Just names of airlines. Who they interviewed was not mentioned.

Both airlines and the airport can denial the report by putting out a press release to the public.

Ok if that’s how you see it. But you are the one who trust “this day news”.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:52am On Jul 30, 2020
moomanpg:
Hmm, so commercial airlines have been operating "codedly" some disguised as cargo plane.
Ok o, it is well with us.

Lol I mentioned it weeks ago, the FG isn’t to be trusted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

Ok if that’s how you see it. But you are the one who trust “this day news”.

I only trust a news outlet when they mention whoever gave them the information.

You cant just say 'from a source' or 'our source' thats no news. Such news are classified as false.

The only time a news can withheld their informat's name is if the news involves security, victims or under age persons. Their names are censored.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:17am On Jul 30, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

I only trust a news outlet when they mention whoever gave them the information.

You cant just say 'from a source' or 'our source' thats no news. Such news are classified as false.

The only time a news can withheld their informat's name is if the news involves security, victims or under age persons. Their names are censored.

Ok boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:
I already have BEng in electrical and electronics engineering but I am planning om moving to UK with my wife who is a registered nurse in Nigeria... My plan is to go into IT in UK , I am already working on my programing skills and I want to take up a masters program in Data Analytics in UK as I have noticed they are a lot of jobs around this area and data science in general

....I want to ask if it is possible for me to get student loan to take up such Msc when I arrive, I don't want to put all the load and pressure on my young wife who is just starting her career. Any advice please

Sorry, but I wanted to ask why your wife has not considered using the Health and social care visa scheme or doing the exams and going through the tier-2 route? It would be less costly and you could both go over together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

Even though you’ve referenced “thisday” on here a couple of times?

Yes because they do mention the name of the persons they interviewed or whoever spoke at a press conference related to the news.

By the way most news outlets (local and international) do make that mistake of using sources. It means that they are unsure of the information or they are still waiting for more information on that particular news.

Sources can still be used for breaking news.

But in this situation, it could be classified as fake news. A Public Relation Expert can debuke that news with just a press statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=garuskoko post=92254885]

Hello Garuskoko, in filling your form, how did you handle the UK accomodation section?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 10:40am On Jul 30, 2020
Gurus in the house, please i need answer to my question.
Heard the UKVI request for an address where you will be staying for the 14days isolation before you can book an appointment.
I will be going to Birmingham in September, my uncle lives in Northamptonshire and will be staying with him for that period till i sort out my accommodation.
My question is : will that address serve the purpose knowing that it's a different city from my school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2020
[quote author=sunshine21 post=92261101][/quote]

I filled the school address in there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sonofakin: 11:07am On Jul 30, 2020
It is all over Twitter. Currently trending. Pictorial evidence and all.
Aprokodaughter:

Yes because they do mention the name of the persons they interviewed or whoever spoke at a press conference related to the news.

By the way most news outlets (local and international) do make that mistake of using sources. It means that they are unsure of the information or they are still waiting for more information on that particular news.

Sources can still be used for breaking news.

But in this situation, it could be classified as fake news. A Public Relation Expert can debuke that news with just a press statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.