Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1090295 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bikaa27(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2020
Akchi32:
My dollars card was used for all the payments.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Yes @aprokodaughter, it actually happened.

But it’s very sad that the government is messing with the people just to keep benefiting from airlines that pay massively for them to run flights here.

That’s why this airlines charge as high as 750k, 1m for just one way to either Canada, UK etc. They’re trying to recover the huge fees they’ve paid to the government for the flights. So basically the citizens are the ones bearing the cost and the government is cashing out. I asked a friend that recently traveled out, she said economy was completely filled up. But you know what surprised me most? She said its not longer an evacuation flight or for people with residency. It’s now a normal commercial airline transporting people even the ones going for holiday. She said most people were using just visas and not resident permit.

This is totally unfair honestly.
Not everyone can afford such flights.
Okay this MEA that collided with Turkish, is it also an evacuation flight? How many people or students are going to Lebanon in this period please? Or how many people are residents in the countries where MEA flies to? It is just a regular commercial flight, nothing more.

Truly sad sad
sonofakin:
It is all over Twitter. Currently trending. Pictorial evidence and all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2020
sonofakin:
It is all over Twitter. Currently trending. Pictorial evidence and all.

Apparently, she needs more proof. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:20am On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Yes @aprokodaughter, it actually happened.

But it’s very sad that the government is messing with the people just to keep benefiting from airlines that pay massively for them to run flights here.

That’s why this airlines charge as high as 750k, 1m for just one way to either Canada, UK etc. They’re trying to recover the huge fees they’ve paid to the government for the flights. So basically the citizens are the ones bearing the cost and the government is cashing out. I asked a friend that recently traveled out, she said economy was completely filled up. But you know what surprised me most? She said its not longer an evacuation flight or for people with residency. It’s now a normal commercial airline transporting people even the ones going for holiday. She said most people were using just visas and not resident permit.

This is totally unfair honestly.
Not everyone can afford such flights.
Okay this MEA that collided with Turkish, is it also an evacuation flight? How many people or students are going to Lebanon in this period please? Or how many people are residents in the countries where MEA flies to? It is just a regular commercial flight, nothing more.

Truly sad sad

Always felt this. The rate at which flights are coming in and going out of the country is alarming.

It’s really sad that people are using this pandemic to cash out. No wonder they don’t want to open the airport yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Nigerians are also the problem if you think about it.
This sort of rubbish cannot happen in a reasonable country. Nigerians are the ones paying the huge sum, instead of coming to speak out. If no one is paying for those huge sums, airlines won’t fly or pay high fees again & the government will be forced to open regular international travel.

Even Europe that had high death cases have opened up for most countries & flights are even cheaper than ever. You will be seeing £19.99 one way to Spain. Even BA is doing £1 for executive members.

Why must Nigeria always be different?
We have adopted this “all man on his own” kind of mentality & it’s killing us all indirectly. Ah me I can afford it o, don’t know about you. Ah I don’t mind paying oh, as long as I can travel. Ah e no concern me o, I can pay for it.

Although unrelated, but this is why I left most Nigerian study abroad groups because the average Nigerian mentality is “let me not talk o, before dey go put bad luck for my matter”. Somebody will write “I have been approved for visa” and everyone will wish him/her congratulations o. When you now start asking how he/she got it or certain steps/documents they used, you will start getting one word replies. Before you know they’re completely quiet or left the group.

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but we need to stop all this mentality & fight together. The government will not open international travels because people are still willing to pay the high price.

God help us cry
mattfeuter:

Always felt this. The rate at which flights are coming in and going out of the country is alarming.

It’s really sad that people are using this pandemic to cash out. No wonder they don’t want to open the airport yet.

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Nigerians are also the problem if you think about it.
This sort of rubbish cannot happen in a reasonable country. Nigerians are the ones paying the huge sum, instead of coming to speak out. If no one is paying for those huge sums, airlines won’t fly or pay high fees again & the government will be forced to open regular international travel.

Even Europe that had high death cases have opened up for most countries & flights are even cheaper than ever. You will be seeing £19.99 one way to Spain. Even BA is doing £1 for executive members.

Why must Nigeria always be different?
We have adopted this “all man on his own” kind of mentality & it’s killing us all indirectly.
I left most Nigerian study abroad groups because the average Nigerian mentality is “let me not talk o, before dey go put bad luck for my matter”. Somebody will write “I have been approved for visa” and everyone will wish him/her congratulations o. When you now start asking how he/she got it or certain steps/documents they used, you will start getting one word replies. Before you know they’re completely quiet or left the group.

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but we need to stop all this mentality & fight together. The government will not open international travels because people are still willing to pay the high price.

God help us cry

I had that same look when my friend told me he bought his one way Lagos to Toronto ticket for 700k. That’s just encouraging those thieves to keep doing whatever they are doing.

On the flip side, some people need to travel urgently thereby having no choice than to pay high fares.

I’m inclined to believe this country is cursed.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:44am On Jul 30, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin you’re not alone
mattfeuter:

I had that same look when my friend told me he bought his one way Lagos to Toronto ticket for 700k. That’s just encouraging those thieves to keep doing whatever they are doing.

On the flip side, some people need to travel urgently thereby having no choice than to pay high fares.

I’m inclined to believe this country is cursed.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
@sonofakin @skymoore1004 @mattfeuter its okay if there are pictures. smiley

@mattfeuter maybe you havent seen a Badass PR expert with those pictures they can still deny the incident cheesy. You will be the one confused cheesy. But I get it now since its on twitter.

Thanks you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

@mattfeuter maybe you havent seen a Badass PR expert with those pictures they can still deny the incident cheesy. You will be the one confused cheesy. But I get it now since its on twitter.

Thanks you.

If you admit you thought wrong or that you didn’t verify the news before discrediting it, you know you won’t die right ?

This isn’t about good/bad PR

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
mattfeuter:

If you admit you thought wrong or that you didn’t verify the news before discrediting it, you know you won’t die right ?

This isn’t about good/bad PR

cheesy that's why Photoshop is doing very well in Nigeria Online Media.

What if these Companies debunk this story with a live press conference what will you do or say?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is it as at yesterday

Aprokodaughter:

Thanks you.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Minister of Aviation speech on international flight resumption https://www.instagram.com/p/CDOiHeFlbH7/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sonofakin: 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Yes, they can deny it. But that doesn't mean it did not happen. The Army Chief keeps saying Nigeria is safe.
But PR or no PR, is it?
Aprokodaughter:

Thanks you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Donracy:
This is it as at yesterday

Yea thank you cheesy I haven't been on twitter, if its on their social media. Then Its fine.

Thank you cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
sonofakin:
Yes, they can deny it. But that doesn't mean it did not happen. The Army Chief keeps saying Nigeria is safe.
But PR or no PR, is it?

That's PR for you, to protect their image whether it happened or not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
magnificientzaz:
Gurus in the house, please i need answer to my question.
Heard the UKVI request for an address where you will be staying for the 14days isolation before you can book an appointment.
I will be going to Birmingham in September, my uncle lives in Northamptonshire and will be staying with him for that period till i sort out my accommodation.
My question is : will that address serve the purpose knowing that it's a different city from my school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
dami24:

But this is not an automatic scholarship right? You’ll have to apply for this which I’m sure must have closed for this session
Yes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
mamacajah:

Sorry, but I wanted to ask why your wife has not considered using the Health and social care visa scheme or doing the exams and going through the tier-2 route? It would be less costly and you could both go over together?

You didn't get my question... Her getting the visa is not our problem. My question is will I be eligible for student loan to pursue my Msc after both of us arrive UK, I don't want the financial stress to be upon her
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukieinyang: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2020
Good Day Everyone,
Please can I use a bank statement from this bank
(United Nations Federal Credit Union) to apply for my CAS and also for my tier 4 student Visa?
Does anyone know about it?
I truly will appreciate your responses.
Thank you!!!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

Please who has booked appointment for tier 4 visa this week? learnt Ikeja does not have appointment date in August available again. How true is this? What is VI like as well?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
I haven't used it or had anyone use it but you should be able to use it because it's a US-based financial institution which operates like a regular bank with regular savings and checking accounts and it's regulated by National Credit Union Administration, one of the financial regulators in the US in addition to being backed by the US government.

Bukieinyang:
Good Day Everyone,
Please can I use a bank statement from this bank
(United Nations Federal Credit Union) to apply for my CAS and also for my tier 4 student Visa?
Does anyone know about it?
I truly will appreciate your responses.
Thank you!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by qonfupanda: 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hello my E-Family,

Please who is in Teeside University (Middles-borough) ??.
How long does Tuberculosis test last?. I intend travelling by October and I will be having my TB test 9th of August. Hope am still on track with this plan?.
In addition to this, I wana pay for my my house rent from naija (for me and my wife) I beg whats the cheapest option for me to make use of as this black market no dey favorable for now.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukieinyang: 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2020
Thank you very much. You are always helpful.
mimilyrics:
I haven't used it or had anyone use it but you should be able to use it because it's a US-based financial institution which operates like a regular bank with regular savings and checking accounts and it's regulated by National Credit Union Administration, one of the financial regulators in the US in addition to being backed by the US government.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:23pm On Jul 30, 2020
TB test certificates are valid for 6 months from date of issue.
Don't pay for any accommodation till you get to the UK except it's to your school. Better to see what you're paying for before you pay to avoid being scammed.
qonfupanda:
Hello my E-Family,

How long does Tuberculosis test last?. I intend travelling by October and I will be having my TB test 9th of August. Hope am still on track with this plan?.
In addition to this, I wana pay for my my house rent from naija (for me and my wife) I beg whats the cheapest option for me to make use of as this black market no dey favorable for now.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

You didn't get my question... Her getting the visa is not our problem. My question is will I be eligible for student loan to pursue my Msc after both of us arrive UK, I don't want the financial stress to be upon her

No, international students are not eligible for UK student loan

Majority of jobs don't need a masters degree....certainly not IT or data management or most engineering. If you have ok but many are in the work place without a formal masters degree .

If visa is not your problem then maybe you see what other cheaper training or experience you can do to buffer your cv
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by drills: 4:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hello, in the do you have an accommodation in the UK can I put No. And state, I would rent an apartment immediately after receiving my visa confirmation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

I am not sure if you are allowed to take loans as an international student, I stand to be corrected..unless maybe you get the loan from Nigeria before going (that'swhat I know) .. you might have to research on that.. also the reason I asked the question was to help reduce financial burden on her as well.. sorry if I couldn't be of any help..wish you the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
drills:
Hello, in the do you have an accommodation in the UK can I put No. And state, I would rent an apartment immediately after receiving my visa confirmation.
I am not sure if this will fly.. because some schools are now requesting for payment receipt of accommodation before issuing CAS.. and in light of the new UKBA rule for all accommodation receipts to be submitted 48 hours before you travel.. Also you need to show evidence of reservation..so putting any address on the paper will not work, I'm afraid..

other gurus, please assist ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

That is not possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chuukwudi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
qonfupanda:
Hello my E-Family,

Thanks in advance.

I pmed you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by R0LL0N(m): 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
My uncle still want to take the legal guidance route. I have pleaded with him to drop the remaining maintenance fees to my account. He said how will I explained to them I got such amount of money when am not working in central bank.... But keep saying if embassy sees that I have paid half of tuition fees and half of accomodation fees. I should be good to go getting a visa. Please does legal guardian route still work in Nigeria for student visa. M really confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Normally, you can with details of the accommodation option you intend to use but given these Covid-19 times, you might need to supply an address for self-isolation.
drills:

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.