Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102596 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Royalty63:

I applied a week ago

Oh great. Alright thanks. I hope mine takes that short too. I just applied yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
You can pay dollars into a dorm account and use the card to pay.

Yesterday I paid

IHS - $603
Visa - $466

If you are paying with a naira card I think Access bank limit is $1,000 and GTB $500. So you will need multiplie cards like 2 different Access bank cards for your application. Or one GTB and one Access.

The payments are separate.

Docuzor:
I want to pay for Visa and IHS fees.

Which bank card can I use.

I'm going alone.

Please it's urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ewunugaab:
Please there was an error in my question. I plan on applying for visa on the 20th of August 2020. I meant this month.
Thanks

Then you can still use your current one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
My CAS has landed grin but degree certificate and transcript were stated on it as evidence of obtaining the master's offer. Please does that mean I am only to upload these two documents with TB cert when applying for my visa? and at what point do I need to upload the bank statement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chi360(f): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thank you so much.

Yes and keep your proof of payment. [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ewunugaab: 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ok, thanks
But you know we are to show the TB certificate to immigration in the UK.. Would I be able to show that certificate considering the fact that it would have expired then

mattfeuter:

Then you can still use your current one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thank you, this is very helpful

Sonarirok:
You can pay dollars into a dorm account and use the card to pay.

Yesterday I paid

IHS - $603
Visa - $466

If you are paying with a naira card I think Access bank limit is $1,000 and GTB $500. So you will need multiplie cards like 2 different Access bank cards for your application. Or one GTB and one Access.

The payments are separate.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by divco: 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
I'm new her and don't really know how to navigate my way around here but I hope you will be able to help me...

I've got a sponsorship letter from the government of my home country which covers tuition and living expenses. However, I want to know will I need to show in the application form where I will be staying, how I will pay and what address it will be when I'm applying for my visa?

thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Oby200:
This is such a wonderful platform. Thank you all for the job you do here.

Please I want to ask; what’s the difference between going for the pg certificate version and the masters version of a course.

I noticed pg certificate is cheaper and I am more inclined towards it. Are international students allowed to do pg cert, can tier 4 visa be granted for it and is it usually one year too?

Sorry if my questions are stupid but I haven’t been able to confirm for sure from university websites.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
If you don’t have a dorm account, use Access for IHS and GTB for visa fee. Access bank rates are high but the only naira bank card one with 1k limit
Docuzor:
I want to pay for Visa and IHS fees.

Which bank card can I use.

I'm going alone.

Please it's urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
divco:
I'm new her and don't really know how to navigate my way around here but I hope you will be able to help me...

I've got a sponsorship letter from the government of my home country which covers tuition and living expenses. However, I want to know will I need to show in the application form where I will be staying, how I will pay and what address it will be when I'm applying for my visa?

thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yes, you will be asked on the application form for an address.
You won't be asked how you'll pay for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by divco: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
thank you so much...

so will the school's accommodation be enough and will I need proof of that please?

TheGuyFromHR:

Yes, you will be asked on the application form for an address.
You won't be asked how you'll pay for it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
divco:
thank you so much...

so will the school's accommodation be enough and will I need proof of that please?

If you have arranged accommodation with the school, then you will be given proof of that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by divco: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
I have received an accommodation offer from the school. But I dunno if I have to pay all of the amount before the school issues a letter to use as proof during application. Because the sponsorship letter doesnt state it will cover accommodation.

TheGuyFromHR:

If you have arranged accommodation with the school, then you will be given proof of that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
divco:
I have received an accommodation offer from the school. But I dunno if I have to pay all of the amount before the school issues a letter to use as proof during application. Because the sponsorship letter doesnt state it will cover accommodation.

Find out from your school what you are required to do with respect to the accommodation it is offering you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by divco: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thank you so much for indulging me.

I will do that right away.

Really helpful.

TheGuyFromHR:

Find out from your school what you are required to do with respect to the accommodation it is offering you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
@dduchess and the likes.
Hope this vindicates my claims.
I said it on Sunday that walk-in flexi appointment is available.
And once you apply for it, you can go for the appointment any day before or after your appointment date.

I just had to keep quiet(because I know the right thing), as you guys almost became aggressive with the responses that ensued, forgetting that this place is just a public place to share your opinions.
Regards.

Yimi4real:
Just finished from TLS ikeja and almost home sef. Interview went well, basically the same with the interview questions posted yesterday... am hoping for the best.

Those who want to try walking in ahead of their far appointment should do so from 10:30am in whatever dates they want to try.

My cousin walked in yesterday and paid the required 42k plus for flexi, it was smooth and she said they were very few in there . Then considering that only one dependent of mine had 8.30am appointment. Our original appointment was 10.30, 12 pm and 1pm today but we were done in no time. Which may mean that our afternoon slots are now free.

These are just my observations though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by asatin007: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
I am sorry if this sounds dumb but is it okay to stutter/stammer during your interview?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youngee34:
@dduchess and the likes.
And once you apply for it, you can go for the appointment any day before or after your appointment date.

I just had to keep quiet(because I know the right thing), as you guys almost became aggressive with the responses that ensued, forgetting that this place is just a public place to share your opinions.
Regards.

Is it just for applicants with dependants?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lesley90: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello, please i want to know if we have anybody going to conventry university here , if anybody has been giving CAS , OR apply for visa .if there is please come to the diary room.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Stuttering or stammering at several points (if you don't stammer normally) during the interview might impact your credibility but stammering and immediately getting over it shows that that wasn't a result of being dubious.

If you stammer normally, then this will be obvious from the get-go and the interviewer will take note of this and it wouldn't affect your credibility.

Confidence is key during the interview.
asatin007:
I am sorry if this sounds dumb but is it okay to stutter/stammer during your interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Youngee34: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Is it just for applicants with dependants?

As Yimi as said, it's for everyone.

You can either pay online or pay when you get there.

Last year when I did.
I did my visa application that same day at ikeja TLS, then I walked in for my biometrics and paid 42k there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2020
Since your sponsorship covers living expenses, you're good. Your accomodation costs fall under living expenses.
The most you can pay towards your accomodation is for one month vis-a-vis the amount you have to show UKVI.
You don't need to have paid for accommodation before your visa application but you need to have made arrangements or know what your options are.
divco:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
If the immigration officials are not okay with your TB test certificate at the POE, you'll be checked at the airport. As long as it's valid for your visa application, you're good. If it expires before the ECO makes a decision, you might be contacted to provide a current test certificate.
Ewunugaab:
Ok, thanks
But you know we are to show the TB certificate to immigration in the UK.. Would I be able to show that certificate considering the fact that it would have expired then

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
You'll upload the documents stated on your CAS in addition to other supporting documents like your bank statement /sponsorship letter, TB test certificate, ATAS certificate (if required), marriage certificate (if required), birth certificate (if using your parents' statement(s)) and any other documentation that supports your personal situation.

You will upload all these documents by yourself if you choose the self-upload and you'll need to upload this before you attend your biometrics appointment but if you choose assisted upload, the VAC staff will scan and upload your documents for you.
Gbeskey:
My CAS has landed grin but degree certificate and transcript were stated on it as evidence of obtaining the master's offer. Please does that mean I am only to upload these two documents with TB cert when applying for my visa? and at what point do I need to upload the bank statement?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youngee34:

As Yimi as said, it's for everyone.

You can either pay online or pay when you get there.

Last year when I did.
I did my visa application that same day at ikeja TLS, then I walked in for my biometrics and paid 42k there.

Really? That's great....thank you for this info I really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thank you very much. But i can only upload my documents after payment right?
mimilyrics:
You'll upload the documents stated on your CAS in addition to other supporting documents like your bank statement /sponsorship letter, TB test certificate, ATAS certificate (if required), marriage certificate (if required), birth certificate (if using your parents' statement(s)) and any other documentation that supports your personal situation.

You will upload all these documents by yourself if you choose the self-upload and you'll need to upload this before you attend your biometrics appointment but if you choose assisted upload, the VAC staff will scan and upload your documents for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
asatin007:

It shouldn’t be a problem.

However , you want might to watch the movie “The King’s Speech” before your interview. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Chi360:
Thank you so much.

Yes and keep your proof of payment.

You’re welcome wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Yes, after payment and appointment selection.
Gbeskey:
Thank you very much. But i can only upload my documents after payment right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello,
Not sure i came as being agressive to you...i put up a link from the TLS and stand by it. You can't attend a flexi before your date of appointment, it has to be anytime ON THE DAY OF THE APPOINTMENT.

I asked for a proof of your information so we can all learn but you didn't put it up for me and others to learn. Again if you read through my comments, i try to be very modest in responding to people, if i don't have any idea or solution i simply don't respond

Cheers

Youngee34:
@dduchess and the likes.

Regards.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
mimilyrics:

Please I have a question @mimilyrics.. concerning uploading of documents, as the principal applicant if my spouse (dependents) is applying after I have obtained my Visa, do I need to upload our Marriage Certificate when I am sending in my application or when my spouse is making his? When is the right time to upload the Marriage Certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chiwelaw: 4:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Please I need help o. This tier4 dependent application form is asking the same thing in the principal applicant own. Is like I have missed road. Asking for cas and everything. Please I need guidance

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.