Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086945 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 9:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Hi,

Keep checking and monitoring, When slots are up, you'll see it.

Thankfully, alot of people have been giving updates on slots here..see how you can catch that and book

Cheers

Docuzor:

This one is hard I swear. I'm just seeing only Sold and the blank spaces I'm seeing that's ash in colour, no time is under.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:13am On Aug 07, 2020
Then you'll have to make the complication easy to understand. You can't afford to gloss it over on your application. Finger prints are kept forever and are used for cross-referencing in order to prevent crime and catch situational inconsistencies.
Fame2me79:
It is just complicated somehow. I initially thought finger print will only last for 10yrs on their database.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bourne007(m): 9:22am On Aug 07, 2020
Ha okay .. .. application form must have been revised since I last filled one in 2016 lol

Probably he should request his personal information held by UKVI so he addresses it accordingly as well.

mimilyrics:
True but the 10 years part is true for previous travel and visas to the UK in the last 10 years.

For the problems with immigration to the UK and problems with immigration to other countries than the UK sections, the question is "have you even been refused a uk visa / any other visa, deported from the UK / any country, removed from the UK / any country, required to leave the UK / any country, refused entry at the UK border / any other country" (no time frame is specified).

He will also have to detail it on his cover letter because in talking about the old passport with the wrong date of birth, he'll have to explain the background of the issue. If he had never applied for a visa before, it wouldn't even be an issue.

Will update errors once my eyes are clear of sleep biko.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:27am On Aug 07, 2020
Fame2me79:

I am contemplating of canceling my application. I also dont know if i should go ahead with the risk. Thank you so much.

You really do not have to cancel your application,

There’s a reason why they ask if you’ve ever been refused visa. Most times , it is to ascertain if your situation has improved/changed since the last refusal.

A Visa Refusal isn’t a death sentence, what I’ll however suggest is that you ADDRESS it in a cover letter to the ECO ( it may include getting an affidavit as well), this will show transparency on your part.

People have had worse cases and still got their visa. What you shouldn’t do is try to deceive the ECO, because there would be repercussions.

Good luck with your application. . . .

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hebraeem: 9:41am On Aug 07, 2020
October 12.
justwise:

It will be very tight, what date in Oct?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 9:58am On Aug 07, 2020
So I have been able to get a date for Sept 1st.

But I'm hoping to Amend. How does that work?
Would I lose the sept 1st date before I can see a new date?

Also I plan to do a walk in by next week, it's like a plan B if I don't get a new date closer to mid August.

Any advice or suggestion please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olaypappy: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2020
Docuzor:
So I have been able to get a date for Sept 1st.

But I'm hoping to Amend. How does that work?
Would I lose the sept 1st date before I can see a new date?

Also I plan to do a walk in by next week, it's like a plan B if I don't get a new date closer to mid August.

Any advice or suggestion please.

It's possible to amend the date...I initially got a date of 27th Aug however I amended it to 6th Aug which was yesterday.

I guess the walk in thing is also possible as someone stated here that they used it...Cant remember who though. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:10am On Aug 07, 2020
Hebraeem:
October 12.

You will struggle to make it because you will have less than one month to apply for visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2020
I mean how did you do it, the process of amending. Did you lose your old date first or you chose a new one before the old one disappeared.

I don't want to start amending and then lose the old date while not getting a better date and then end up getting a worse date than the first one.

olaypappy:

It's possible to amend the date...I initially got a date of 27th Aug however I amended it to 6th Aug which was yesterday.

I guess the walk in thing is also possible as someone stated here that they used it...Cant remember who though. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chiwelaw: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2020
Thank you for the information

Docuzor:
Only Access has upto $1000. First bank is $300.
GTB has $500.

So you have to use Access and GTB.
That's what I used.
Access is 445
GTb is 402

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olaypappy: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2020
Docuzor:
I mean how did you do it, the process of amending. Did you lose your old date first or you chose a new one before the old one disappeared.

I don't want to start amending and then lose the old date while not getting a better date and then end up getting a worse date than the first one.

No you wont lose the old date without getting an earlier or better date first.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2020
I was told that the limit for Access bank is $3000 when I went there yesterday.
FYI.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Femizi: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2020
Hello guys. I got admitted to 3 different schools in the UK with partial scholarships ranging from £3000 to £4500. I still do not think I can afford the full school fees and living expenses. I graduated with a first class in international relations. Do you guys think you can help me with plans on how to get one and what to do? I know it’s quite late do you think I should defer my admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Anitaamich: 11:40am On Aug 07, 2020
arhyur:
I was told that the limit for Access bank is $3000 when I went there yesterday.
FYI.

They told me the same at their branch, I really don’t know where people are getting the $1000 information from
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2020
I’m surprised too that’s why I went to confirm yesterday
Anitaamich:

They told me the same at their branch, I really don’t know where people are getting the $1000 information from

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by eddieifeoluwa: 11:53am On Aug 07, 2020
Good day house.

Pls,is it necessary to upload WAEC certificate during my application even though it’s not stated in my CAS requirement for postgraduate studies?i have age discrepancy on my WAEC certificate though have done an affidavit to the effect.

Kind regards,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2020
You don't need it if it isn't stated on your CAS.
eddieifeoluwa:
Good day house.

Pls,is it necessary to upload WAEC certificate during my application even though it’s not stated in my CAS requirement for postgraduate studies?i have age discrepancy on my WAEC certificate though have done an affidavit to the effect.

Kind regards,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 11:59am On Aug 07, 2020
It's $1000. My ihs fee was $1005 and I couldn't pay with my access card, I contacted them on Twitter and they confirmed the limit to be $1000.

Maybe those you met at the bank weren't updated about it or probably they are tellers.

It was $3000 before but $1000 now.

Anitaamich:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
arhyur:
I’m surprised too that’s why I went to confirm yesterday

It's $1000 (first hand experience)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by eddieifeoluwa: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=mimilyrics post=92551036]You don't need it if it isn't stated on your CAS.

Oh okay,God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fame2me79: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=Bourne007 post=92546301]Ha okay .. .. application form must have been revised since I last filled one in 2016 lol

Probably he should request his personal information held by UKVI so he addresses it accordingly as well.

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fame2me79: 12:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=mattfeuter post=92546469]

You really do not have to cancel your application,

There’s a reason why they ask if you’ve ever been refused visa. Most times , it is to ascertain if your situation has improved/changed since the last refusal.

A Visa Refusal isn’t a death sentence, what I’ll however suggest is that you ADDRESS it in a cover letter to the ECO ( it may include getting an affidavit as well), this will show transparency on your part.

People have had worse cases and still got their visa. What you shouldn’t do is try to deceive the ECO, because there would be repercussions.

Good luck with your application. . . .

Thank you so much. This will be helpful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
Yes,it's 50% to get CAS and the balance can be paid in 3 or 7 installment. You can buzz me if you have more enquiry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umerah1996: 1:19pm On Aug 07, 2020
Femizi:
Hello guys. I got admitted to 3 different schools in the UK with partial scholarships ranging from £3000 to £4500. I still do not think I can afford the full school fees and living expenses. I graduated with a first class in international relations. Do you guys think you can help me with plans on how to get one and what to do? I know it’s quite late do you think I should defer my admission

You could check out Prodigy Finance. They offer loans to international students. You didn't mention the course you applied for but you can try and see if your course can be funded.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 1:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello guys,

- Is sworn affidavits acceptable to UKVI as birth certificate?
- Do schools request for bank statement during enrolment before they can agree an instalmental plan for a student who has made initial deposit?

- For prospective Jan 2021 applicant, can one do TB test now?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
1. What happened to your birth certificate? Are your parents sponsoring you? If your parents aren't sponsoring you, you don't need your birth certificate.
Age declaration affidavits are legally accepted but you might need to take this to the NPC to get an attestation letter.
2. Depends on the school. Some schools ask while some don't.
3. TB test certificates have a validity of 6 months so if you do it now, it might expire before the ECO decides your application. I'd suggest that you do it closer to your application date.
quille11:
Hello guys,

- Is sworn affidavits acceptable to UKVI as birth certificate?
- Do schools request for bank statement during enrolment before they can agree an instalmental plan for a student who has made initial deposit?

- For prospective Jan 2021 applicant, can one do TB test now?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2020
pittoilet:
It's $1000. My ihs fee was $1005 and I couldn't pay with my access card, I contacted them on Twitter and they confirmed the limit to be $1000.

Maybe those you met at the bank weren't updated about it or probably they are tellers.

It was $3000 before but $1000 now.

Correct. It's $1000.
I couldn't pay the visa fee of $466 with my Access card after paying the $603 IHS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Femizi: 1:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
umerah1996:

You could check out Prodigy Finance. They offer loans to international students. You didn't mention the course you applied for but you can try and see if your course can be funded.

I got admitted to international relations and global economy and politics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:33pm On Aug 07, 2020
Docuzor:

Nothing to worry about. When you click on "Amend" you will be taken to the booking calendar. It is only when you have selected an available date and completed the change process that your first booked date is released. If you dont see any date or abort the process, your originally booked date remains safe.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
hello house,

Please i have a few questions that i would really like to ask the house on how to answer these question:

1) The question who is sponsoring you?My elder brother in the UK paid my full tuition fees but my husband sent the total living expenses for 4 of us to my account. My school stated that i should mention that its my husband that is sponsoring me (something about not wanting to show that i have someone in the uk). Could this be an issue during the visa interview?

2) We intend to stay with my brother for the 2 weeks quarantine then look for a place closer to school as the landlord we called are asking for my BRP and visa which i dont have yet. How should i answer the question where do you intend to stay in the UK?

3) The documents we have now are: Int'll passports, TB certs, Marriage Cert, NPC Birth Certs for the kids, my personal bank statement, Our rent receipts here in Nigeria, Tenancy Agreement, Photos, Whatsapp/FB messages. Please what other document do i need to upload?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
1. It doesn't matter that your brother paid your fees. Under the T4 rules, if you aren't sponsoring yourself, your parents are the only family who can sponsor you and even though other family members can actually give you money for this, they don't count as sponsors.
If you're asked for the source of money in your account(s) simply state that your husband gave you which is true.

You might also be asked if you have any friends and family in the UK; you'd have to say the truth about this so that it doesn't affect your future applications as you'd be asked to state all family member within and outside the UK depending on what your subsequent applications will be.
2. Give the address and briefly explain that you'd be moving from there as soon as you rent a place. You might or might not be asked about the kind of accomodation options you are exploring for when you move.

3. I think those are okay except you've got other documents that can strengthen your application.
You don't need the WhatsApp/FB messages if you and your spouse have not had any periods of living apart within the last 2 years.

Mosopea:
hello house,

Please i have a few questions that i would really like to ask the house on how to answer these question:

1) The question who is sponsoring you?My elder brother in the UK paid my full tuition fees but my husband sent the total living expenses for 4 of us to my account. My school stated that i should mention that its my husband that is sponsoring me (something about not wanting to show that i have someone in the uk). Could this be an issue during the visa interview?

2) We intend to stay with my brother for the 2 weeks quarantine then look for a place closer to school as the landlord we called are asking for my BRP and visa which i dont have yet. How should i answer the question where do you intend to stay in the UK?

3) The documents we have now are: Int'll passports, TB certs, Marriage Cert, NPC Birth Certs for the kids, my personal bank statement, Our rent receipts here in Nigeria, Tenancy Agreement, Photos, Whatsapp/FB messages. Please what other document do i need to upload?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2020
Thank you so much.

With regards to question 1: Will i be asked to show proof of my husbands financials , source of funds or payslip??

mimilyrics:
1. It doesn't matter who paid your fees. Under the T4 rules, if you aren't sponsoring yourself, your parents are the only family who can sponsor you and even though other family members can actually give you money for this, they don't count as sponsors.
If you're asked for the source of money in your accounts simply state that your husband gave you which is true.

You might also be asked if you have any friends and family in the UK; you'd have to say the truth about this so that it doesn't affect your future applications as you'd be asked to state all family member within and outside the UK depending on what your subsequent applications will be.
2. Give the address and explain that you'd be moving from there as soon as you rent a place. You might or might not be asked about the kind of accomodation options you are exploring for when you move.

3. I think those are okay except you've got other documents that can strengthen your application.
You don't need the WhatsApp/FB messages if you and your spouse have not had any periods of living apart within the last 2 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.