Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093897 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Just to add your CAS, and the documents stated in your CAS i.e (degree certificate and/or transcript)

Cheers

Mosopea:
hello house,

Please i have a few questions that i would really like to ask the house on how to answer these question:

1) The question who is sponsoring you?My elder brother in the UK paid my full tuition fees but my husband sent the total living expenses for 4 of us to my account. My school stated that i should mention that its my husband that is sponsoring me (something about not wanting to show that i have someone in the uk). Could this be an issue during the visa interview?

2) We intend to stay with my brother for the 2 weeks quarantine then look for a place closer to school as the landlord we called are asking for my BRP and visa which i dont have yet. How should i answer the question where do you intend to stay in the UK?

3) The documents we have now are: Int'll passports, TB certs, Marriage Cert, NPC Birth Certs for the kids, my personal bank statement, Our rent receipts here in Nigeria, Tenancy Agreement, Photos, Whatsapp/FB messages. Please what other document do i need to upload?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
As far as I know, no. As long as the money has been held for 28 days before your application as stipulated by UKVI, you're good.
Mosopea:
Thank you so much.

With regards to question 1: Will i be asked to show proof of my husbands financials , source of funds or payslip??

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
i appreciate you.

mimilyrics:
As far as I know, no. As long as the money has been held for 28 days before your application as stipulated by UKVI, you're good.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2020
Thnak you so much.

duchess90:
Just to add your CAS, and the documents stated in your CAS i.e (degree certificate and/or transcript)

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Fwaz: 2:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
Please is there anyone who has gotten CAS from Coventry University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umerah1996: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
Femizi:

I got admitted to international relations and global economy and politics

Well, just check their website and see if they support the course. What unis have given you an offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. What happened to your birth certificate? Are your parents sponsoring you? If your parents aren't sponsoring you, you don't need your birth certificate.
Age declaration affidavits are legally accepted but you might need to take this to the NPC to get an attestation letter.
2. Depends on the school. Some schools ask while some don't.
3. TB test certificates have a validity of 6 months so if you do it now, it might expire before the ECO decides your application. I'd suggest that you do it closer to your application date.

Self-sponsor, I have a handwritten birth certificate obtained from local govt of birth years back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
quille11:

Self-sponsor, I have a handwritten birth certificate obtained from local govt of birth years back.

Anyone applying to Ulster University, London campus?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
Since you're sponsoring yourself, you don't need your birth certificate; your statement of account is sufficient to show your funds.
quille11:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
any idea of what the exchange rate is for today? First Bank/Stanard Chartered/GTB?Access anyone??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BiggestAmaju: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Urgent please.... is walk in service still on
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by AlFath(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Good evening fam,

Please I would like to ask whether it is necessary to include in my visa documentation the payslip or bank statement of my sister if she is willing to accommodate me during the course of my programme in the UK without spending on accommodation. The financial statements had been sorted out.
@justwise, mimilyrics and others.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2020
No, it’s not.

Regardless of who is sponsoring you, unless it’s your parents, the maintenance funds need to be in your account.

Even if you’re staying at hers, you’d still need to show that you have the necessary funds in your account.

AlFath:
Good evening fam,

Please I would like to ask whether it is necessary to include in my visa documentation the payslip or bank statement of my sister if she is willing to accommodate me during the course of my programme in the UK without spending on accommodation. The financial statements had been sorted out.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kingp91: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
They have started issuing you should email them if you have paid your deposit
Fwaz:
Please is there anyone who has gotten CAS from Coventry University?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello everyone. My interview questions,
What course are u going in for?
Why did u choose this course?
Why the school?
How will it improve u?
Lastly, why the Uk?
Was done in less than 7 mins. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

16 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 7:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
bisi16:

Why the school?

How will it improve u?

Lastly, why the Uk?

All the best to you.
Do they have appointments on Friday? Or is it still Tuesday, wednesday and thursday?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
AlFath:
Good evening fam,

Thank you.

No, those are not needed for student visa application only for visiting visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ewunugaab:
Good afternoon everyone. I have a very important question that has been bothering me. I was supposed to apply for visa March this year, hence my TB test was done. At the moment, it would expire on the 24th of September, but I plan on applying for visa on the 20th of August. Do you think I should go for another test? Or can I use the current one?

Thanks as your reply would be very much appreciated.

You don’t have to do a new tb test. I wrote to them abt this and I was told all documents that has expired within the last 6 months would be accepted as a result of the corona pandemic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
This is true to some extent. I also emailed the corona immigration helpdesk telling them about my TB result expiring this August and I was told that so long as the expiry date is less than 6 months from the time a decision is made, it will be accepted.

Flezi1:

You don’t have to do a new tb test. I wrote to them abt this and I was told all documents that has expired within the last 6 months would be accepted as a result of the corona pandemic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2020
bisi16:

Why the school?

How will it improve u?

Lastly, why the Uk?

V.i i guess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2020
Arhmiee:

All the best to you.
Do they have appointments on Friday? Or is it still Tuesday, wednesday and thursday?

Thanks. It was yesterday actually
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
rs172:

V.i i guess
Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2020
bisi16:

Why the school?

How will it improve u?

Lastly, why the Uk?

Yayyy....all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 8:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Yayyy....all the best
Thanks. All the best to u too.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lynniebabes(f): 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
Why not try schools that you can get full funding or Scholarship?
Femizi:
Hello guys. I got admitted to 3 different schools in the UK with partial scholarships ranging from £3000 to £4500. I still do not think I can afford the full school fees and living expenses. I graduated with a first class in international relations. Do you guys think you can help me with plans on how to get one and what to do? I know it’s quite late do you think I should defer my admission
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2020
Good evening all, please I need your help seniors in the house. If I am a sponsored student and the money available to me by my official sponsor is more than enough to show for my dependant(s) must they provide the 28 days bank statement if we are applying together? Bearing in mind that as a sponsored student a bank statement is not required for main applicant. Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2020
Your sponsorship letter must state that the sponsorship covers your tuition plus maintenance and your dependants' maintenance for the duration of your course.
If your sponsorship letter doesn't state this, you'll have to show the maintenance requirements for your dependants in your account or your dependants' accounts.
Risazii:
Good evening all, please I need your help seniors in the house. If I am a sponsored student and the money available to me by my official sponsor is more than enough to show for my dependant(s) must they provide the 28 days bank statement if we are applying together? Bearing in mind that as a sponsored student a bank statement is not required for main applicant. Please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Femizi: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2020
umerah1996:

Well, just check their website and see if they support the course. What unis have given you an offer?
I checked prodigy and they don’t support it. I got admitted to keele university, Leeds university, Leeds Beckett university and university of Portsmouth. I don’t know which school to apply to get full funding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
Hello everyone, concerning the Flexi payment, will there be a receipt of the transaction after the payment of the 43k?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Pepperchilli: 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=mamacajah post=92561219]any idea of what the exchange rate is for today? First Bank/Stanard Chartered/GTB?Access anyone??

It’s 525
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adear: 9:51pm On Aug 07, 2020
quille11:

Anyone applying to Ulster University, London campus?
Yes, I am.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
Thanks a lot for your prompt response, but it's the 28 days I am confused about.

mimilyrics:
Your sponsorship letter must state that the sponsorship covers your tuition plus maintenance and your dependants' maintenance for the duration of your course.
If your sponsorship letter doesn't state this, you'll have to show the maintenance requirements for your dependants in your account or your dependants' accounts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.