Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102724 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 10, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

That school, I applied to that school in February they even interviewed me for my course in march they did not get back to me and their region or country manager was sending emails about how much I should pay for deposit saying congratulations. I did not even understand the email because if a school sends you an offer they state your school fees and how much you should pay for deposit maybe if there is a discount it will be stated but the emails was confusing.

The emails were coming between 10pm to 2am. I had to send the school email that I haven't heard from them about my application. After a day or two they responded that my application is with the department that I should wait.

Just last week they sent a mail that they have scrapped my course and I should pick another or deferr to next year September.

I decided to change the course so I clicked on the link that directs me to their 2020 postgraduate courses, can you believe I still saw my course on the list?

I did not complain or called their attention.I just sent them a new course but I made up my mind not have anything with them.

If an applicant can start having issues with them about courses what will their students be going through?

The region or country manager has not gotten back to me yet.
I believe that's their mode of operation. I also got an offer from that uni. I chose it because its cheap (£10k)and they initially started sending me mails like 'congratulations for choosing us' or something like that before I got the offer.
I believe it was well over 3 weeks sef.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:03am On May 10, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Lol sorry my bad I am just an applicant and I am already have a bad experience with them. When you and other person mentioned chester I just remembered what they did to me cry cry

So sorry I misunderstood you dear.
Do U mind sharing your experience with us.

Best Regards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umarwy(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, I know someone who did.
Read https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/switch-to-this-visa and if you've got further questions, I'd see if I can get him on here to answer any further questions you may have.

Currently undergoing this switch myself. But Corona has Coro the vac centres.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:04am On May 10, 2020
Capitalbase:

If you made a 2:1 and have written a good SOP, sure they will. And again, their fees is somewhere around 9450 if you qualify for their 3k scholarship.

All the best Sis.
Yes I have 2:1, but is SOP? Personal statement??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:12am On May 10, 2020
onecoder:

I believe that's their mode of operation. I also got an offer from that uni. I chose it because its cheap and they initially started sending me mails like 'congratulations for choosing us' or something like that before I got the offer.
I believe it was well over 3 weeks sef.

If it was congratulations for choosing us it would have been better. These emails started coming like two weeks after my interview and the emails were like "congratulations on your next step" then they went on to talk about deposit.

What is even annoying me is that they kept my application for weeks and months without saying anything about canceling the course.

What if I had not emailed them or I did not apply to other schools. It will be back to square one.

They would have informed applicants what's happening. For Instance I applied for the same course in University of Stirling. Immediately I submitted my application Stirling emailed that they won't be accepting applicants this year. That's all Chester would have done.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:14am On May 10, 2020
omopapa:
Skymoore has replied to your questions

You don’t write IBMS bro, you complete a portfolio in an accredited lab.

May I ask which course you did in your undergraduate and if you have any previous significant laboratory experience from Nigeria.

Bro, I studied Parasitology and Entomology with 4...cgpa in Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
So After the Portfolio ishh, I can now get licensed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:15am On May 10, 2020
arhyur:

Yes. Statement of purpose and Personal Statement Na the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:17am On May 10, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

If it was congratulations for choosing us it would have been better. These emails started coming like two weeks after my interview and the emails were like "congratulations on your next step" then they went on to talk about deposit.

What is even annoying me is that they kept my application for weeks and months without saying anything about canceling the course.

What if I had not emailed them or I did not apply to other schools. It will be back to square one.

They would have informed applicants what's happening. For Instance I applied for the same course in University of Stirling. Immediately I submitted my application Stirling emailed that they won't be accepting applicants this year. That's all Chester would have done.

OK. So U won't be going there again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:19am On May 10, 2020
Capitalbase:

OK. So U won't be going there again?

No not anymore
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 11:21am On May 10, 2020
No offence but with a 2:1, why Chester? Is it mainly the cost?

arhyur:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:24am On May 10, 2020
lol is it not better to pay £9450 than go to same level uni like Salford etc & pay £13,000?

The cost should be the main bait because there’s nothing else special about the university grin
Oloshi83:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 11:31am On May 10, 2020
Lol Different strokes I guess.

Skymoore1004:
lol is it not better to pay £9450 than go to same level uni like Salford etc & pay £13,000?

The cost should be the main bait because there’s nothing else special about the university grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:34am On May 10, 2020
Oloshi83:

My dear, please I am open to any other better options. Cost yes, but I can make adjustments to the money I am willing to spend if you think I deserve a better school. Please be free to suggest since there is still small time for applications.

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:38am On May 10, 2020
Capitalbase:

My dear, please I am open to any other better options. Cost yes, but I can make adjustments to the money I am willing to spend if you think I deserve a better school. Please be free to suggest since there is still small time for applications.

Best Regards

There are better schools. But you have to compare their modules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 11:41am On May 10, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Could you please suggest any for me?

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:45am On May 10, 2020
It’s not as easy bro. There are steps to it.

First u need to get a statement of comparability from UK Naric to have ur BSc compared with UK standard.

Next, you apply to IBMS for degree assessment. They will tell you if you need to do any topup modules

Complete the top up modules AFTER your masters

Then finally you can start applying for trainee posts to complete ur portfolio.

However, trainee posts are VERY VERY competitive and limited so u need to have something extra like experience to stand out.

Ways to get experience is majority by volunteering

And rmba to get your transcript and course descriptor (document describing what each course you did entails, from 1st year till final year), you will definitely need it along the way.

Capitalbase:

Bro, I studied Parasitology and Entomology with 4...cgpa in Nnamdi Azikiwe University.
So After the Portfolio ishh, I can now get licensed?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:46am On May 10, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Exactly! that's the advise I have been given by UK residents, always check the modules, to ensure that the school is offering what you are actually interested in. For example, I was told of a lady who had nursing admission in northumbria but wanted something more in the line of mental health, so she went to Edinburgh instead. You need to think of why am I choosing this school? why this course? which area would I like to do my research on? which field would I like to work in afterwards? Biomedical Science is a good field and in the UK shortage list, so I believe it is a good choice for people with the relevant qualifications.

When I was selecting my school back in 2011, I only knew of RGU (as a warri person..) so I settled for it. On retrospect, I should have gone to Warwick or Salford because of the businesses in that area. I don't regret attending RGU but I wish I had known then the importance of this comparison. I wouldn't have restricted myself to just one option.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:50am On May 10, 2020
Please don’t use SOP as an acronym for Statement of Purpose especially for someone like you that’s going into the lab cheesy

SOP is standard operating procedure smiley

Capitalbase:

Yes. Statement of purpose and Personal Statement Na the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 10, 2020
Capitalbase:

Could you please suggest any for me?

Best Regards

I don't know much about sicence courses but I used UK university ranking and this website, hotcourses abroad. They will show you schools that offer your courses.

From there you can go to the school websites(your choice) and view the courses. Thats what I did.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 12:24pm On May 10, 2020
omopapa:
Please don’t use SOP as an acronym for Statement of Purpose especially for someone like you that’s going into the lab cheesy

SOP is standard operating procedure smiley

Loool!!! I get the Joke bro. But... It is what it is.
My mind Don dey knock with this our comparison o!!! But I go check. I don't think some of the top Universities offer Biomedical Science. I might be wrong but that's what I am seeing here. Please keep suggesting as I hope to make the right choice with your help.

Best Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 10, 2020
mamacajah:

Exactly! that's the advise I have been given by UK residents, always check the modules, to ensure that the school is offering what you are actually interested in. For example, I was told of a lady who had nursing admission in northumbria but wanted something more in the line of mental health, so she went to Edinburgh instead. You need to think of why am I choosing this school? why this course? which area would I like to do my research on? which field would I like to work in afterwards? Biomedical Science is a good field and in the UK shortage list, so I believe it is a good choice for people with the relevant qualifications.

When I was selecting my school back in 2011, I only knew of RGU (as a warri person..) so I settled for it. On retrospect, I should have gone to Warwick or Salford because of the businesses in that area. I don't regret attending RGU but I wish I had known then the importance of this comparison. I wouldn't have restricted myself to just one option.

Yes I learnt that from studentroom.I applied to three different courses journalism, TV production and public relation in different schools.

I might end up with TV production because of my experience in journalism. Production is under the skill shortages. As for public relation I just picked it cheesy they always have jobs although I see PR as a business management course. I am thinking of graduate entrepreneurship after graduation.

My head always pain me antime I think about it lols.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 12:42pm On May 10, 2020
Good day house
I have unconditional offer from Bournemouth University for M.Sc. Mental Health Nursing September start and Conditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan Uni January Start. This COVID-19 is really getting me worried and i have till June 1st to pay my 2k commitment fee with BU. I am confused.
I need advice from people please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 1:06pm On May 10, 2020
https://www.ibms.org/resources/documents/ibms-accredited-post-graduate-degree-courses/accredited-course-higher-updated-2018-march-01.pdf

Capitalbase:

Loool!!! I get the Joke bro. But... It is what it is.
My mind Don dey knock with this our comparison o!!! But I go check. I don't think some of the top Universities offer Biomedical Science. I might be wrong but that's what I am seeing here. Please keep suggesting as I hope to make the right choice with your help.

Best Regards

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:19pm On May 10, 2020
Which university suits your needs more?
Go for that one.

P:S- Sept- Jan is only 4 months after.
Hubbysluv:
Good day house
I have unconditional offer from Bournemouth University for M.Sc. Mental Health Nursing September start and Conditional offer from Manchester Metropolitan Uni January Start. This COVID-19 is really getting me worried and i have till June 1st to pay my 2k commitment fee with BU. I am confused.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:30pm On May 10, 2020
Hubbysluv:
Good day house

Thanks

This isn't an easy one.
At this point only God knows what will occur in the next few months, especially whether there will be a second outbreak forcing another lockdown in the UK.

What we do know for now is that starting June all persons entering the UK will be required to quarantine for 2 weeks, universities are planning to run flexible sessions where they can move online as the situation may require, and the EU (and possibly the UK) considering requiring travelers from locations where covid 19 has not yet been contained to take (very unavailable in Nigeria) tests to prove they don't have the disease before being allowed entry.

We also know that the immigration health surcharge payable by all those coming on tier 4 visas will increase to 624 pounds from October. It is also likely that employment in the UK will take a while to recover even after the lockdown is lifted; definitely quite a few jobs especially in hospitality, tourism and aviation will not be returning soon, and the UK will probably have numbers of people seeking work over the next year or 2.

These are just some of the certain or likely fallouts from the pandemic. You can obviously suss out more for yourself that will help you in reaching a decision.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:31pm On May 10, 2020
Hubbysluv:
Good day house

Thanks

This isn't an easy one.
At this point only God knows what will occur in the next few months, especially whether there will be a second outbreak forcing another lockdown in the UK.

What we do know for now is that starting June all persons entering the UK will be required to quarantine for 2 weeks, universities are planning to run flexible sessions where they can move online as the situation may require, and the EU (and possibly the UK) considering requiring travelers from locations where covid 19 has not yet been contained to take (very unavailable in Nigeria) tests to prove they don't have the disease before being allowed entry.

We also know that the immigration health surcharge payable by all those coming on tier 4 visas will increase to 624 pounds from October. It is also likely that employment in the UK will take a while to recover even after the lockdown is lifted; definitely quite a few jobs especially in hospitality, tourism and aviation will not be returning soon, and the UK will probably have numbers of people seeking work over the next year or 2.

These are just some of the certain or likely fallouts from the pandemic. You can obviously suss out more for yourself that will help you in reaching a decision about when to start your course.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mikeval001: 1:41pm On May 10, 2020
Good day fam, please can anyone suggest universities in UK but not London that accept 3rd class for Postgraduate management courses; Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Strategic Procurement Management,Human resources management etc.
Thanks,God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:44pm On May 10, 2020
You guys should try to read previous pages before making new enquires.

Check page 22

Someone suggested Birmingham City.
Mikeval001:
Good day fam, please can anyone suggest universities in UK but not London that accept 3rd class for Postgraduate management courses; Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Strategic Procurement Management,Human resources management etc.
Thanks,God bless you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:45pm On May 10, 2020
Mikeval001:
Thanks,God bless you

Here’s one suggestion
hosey:

Apply to Birmingham City University. Emphasize on your work experience in project management in your Personal statement that you are very much capable to study project management. Include your project management experience in your the work experience section. Your workplace should also write a strong reccomendation letter too. You will definitely get admitted if you follow this guideline.

https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/project-management-msc-2020-21

School fees is 12800. Because of your grade, you cant get any scholarship discount which are given to first class and 21.. So you will huzzle for the remaining 2800 pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:47pm On May 10, 2020
Mikeval001:
Thanks,God bless you

So basically, you can be accepted to some level 2 universities like

-BCU
-Salford
-Bradford
-Leeds Beckett
-Bournemouth
-Oxford Brookes
-Teesside
-Sunderland and many more.

You just have to support your application with excellent personal statement and previous work experience- make your CV very strong & appealing. Application is free, so you don’t have much to lose.

All the best
justwise:

You have to make an application first, in your application attach a letter explaining your work experience relating to the course you are applying for. Work experience helps when grade did not meet the standard, give it a try as you got nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sonofakin: 2:18pm On May 10, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:32pm On May 10, 2020
I get your point but what should we expect?

I mean come to think of it, application is free. Free stuff not always the best quality.

Imagine thousands of applications they receive every week from different parts of the world.
I know a neighbor that just likes applying to universities for the fun of it and to deceive people to raise funds for him. That’s an abuse to the system and he is creating unnecessary queue for genuine students.

You cannot compare to European or Canadian universities that charge up to €200/$150 CAD for one application. Before you apply sef, you go reason am well. Now these schools that charge application fees are likely to offer better/faster administrative support because you paid for it, than when the service is free.

If you don’t get email on time, it’s best to just call and speak to a representative immediately. They’re attending to plenty emails at day, so one has to be patient as well. That’s why you start your application months ahead so you’re not in panic mood when resumption is fast approaching.

Maybe the course is not available for two years anymore because of CONVID19. It says 2 years on the website truly, so there has to be a reason of why they’re only offering for it one now.

sonofakin:
I totally understand how you feel. A lot of these UK schools are not consistent information-wise. I guess its because they dont employ more administrative staff.There are times I would have loved to talk to a program I'm trying to talk to directly but find out it is impossible. You can only communicate with the admissions committee or maybe international students office. It is contrary to my experience when applying to US or Canadian schools. For example, I applied to Teesside University and got the admission. Before applying, I read on the website that it is a 2-year program and tuition is £7,500 per year. I decided to apply because of that and also knew I could get their £2k scholarship. On getting the admission letter, so much generic and ambiguous information. It was stated that fees is £13k per year. I decided to send and email, and after weeks of not getting a reply, I finally got one that my program(MSc Sport Physiotherapy Studies)
is a one-year program and tuition is 13k. Replied the mail immediately to inform them that it is contrary to what is on my admission letter and till now no reply again. I guess they receive a lot of emails but their inconsistency is just a turn off. P.S. Up till now, it is still stated o their website that the program runs for two years

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.