Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089700 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by beautyfoch: 6:34pm On May 11, 2020
Wow!! That's serious.

mimilyrics:
Subject to approval usually means that the program is in the final stages of approval and that the school is doing all that it can to ensure (but not guaranteeing) that the course is ready to run at the next intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 11, 2020
ELff:

Choi, I can imagine l. I can't do online classes at all abeg. Not even in this place where network isn't stable. There's so much uncertainty everywhere.

This pandemic is really ruining things. Please do you know how I can change my naira to pounds pending when I'm ready to pay for the tuition.

I don't know how much the naira would have deprecated by then.

Dont pay with black market. Dont change your money.

Pay anything related to school with Form A.

Go to head office of first bank or GT bank or any bank you use. It must be the head office in Lagos or Abuja.

You will be given CBN rate of about 450 to 475.

Current black market is 530.

So beware and dont lose your money indirectly.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 11, 2020
pittoilet:
Using form A, the rate is 475. I don't know the maximum amount though

Go to head office of first bank or GT bank or any bank you use. It must be the head office in Lagos or Abuja.

Skymoore1004:
You will have to buy black market & put inside dom account.

But I will not even advise anyone to buy money now.... see exchange rate.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:36pm On May 11, 2020
I know, I was advising him not to.
He is not ready to pay tuition yet but was asking me how he can change money to keep till when he’s ready.

Told him exchange rate is high and he shouldn’t.
hosey:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 11, 2020
shocked grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 7:57pm On May 11, 2020
Not approved by NMC, yet.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/education/approved-programmes/

beautyfoch:
Good evening house

I came across this phrase "subject to validation" on the course page for Adult Nursing, University of Chester.

Does it mean that the course has NOT been fully accredited by NMC?

I've written to the school for clarifications but no feedback yet.

Any idea on what this means before someone enters one chance of studying unaccredited course..

See the attached below

CC Justwise, Omapapa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 8:02pm On May 11, 2020
I can’t help but notice this moniker, don’t mind me I’m Yoruba cheesy

Oloshi83:
I’d suggest you email the Uni and ask them to extend the deadline for the deposit payment. You can’t apply for a visa until mid to late June anyway (for Sept start) so focus on your 28 day proof of funds for now and leave the payment matter until the end of May/June.

I’m helping my cousin with his and that’s what we‘re doing. Things should be clearer in a few weeks.

It is impossible to say what the Naira is going to do in the coming weeks but it’s difficult to see it going back to 460-470 in a hurry.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 8:21pm On May 11, 2020
hosey:

Thank you Hosey. I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 8:30pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
I can’t help but notice this moniker, don’t mind me I’m Yoruba cheesy

lols, I noticed same. That name sha, e get as e be cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by saintkay107(m): 8:46pm On May 11, 2020
hosey:

Hmmm interesting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 8:54pm On May 11, 2020
He might not even be Yoruba cheesy

Ehn ehn Biko do u knw about teachfirst or Getintoteaching?

STENON:
lols, I noticed same. That name sha, e get as e be cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:08pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
He might not even be Yoruba cheesy

Ehn ehn Biko do u knw about teachfirst or Getintoteaching?

Yes. I know more about GetintoTeaching... But don't know anything about teachfirst
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by holy100: 9:10pm On May 11, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. Anglia Ruskin is good. I completed my undergraduate studies there some years ago and it was good at the time. You can also compare the MBA offerings against schools in the same area i.e. Uni Greenwich and Uni Kent. Kent offers a 10% off on fees and its modules and in terms of course offerings, Kent, Greenwich and ARU are similar with only slight differences in modules.
In terms of cost, Kent is more expensive @ 21,400 since Greenwich is 16,000 and ARU at 16,200 but with the Uni Kent's 50% scholarship (if you get it) and its 10% discount on early deposit payment, UniKent tuition would stand at 8,000 (inclusive of initial deposit). ARU used to offer about 10% off tuition but not sure if they still do so. Kent tuition is inclusive of a 5-day study trip to an EU country.
2. Combining your ACCA and MBA doesn't necessarily mean that you would get a job with tier 2 sponsorship but it gives you an edge as long as you start your job search early. Try to brush up on your other skills that could get you a foot in the door (i.e. If you got a PM job, can you demonstrate a good grasp and experience of PM in addition to your business management and accounting experience? What are your excel skills like? Note that this is just an example and not a given). Make sure you start your job search early after identifying T2 sponsors and don't shy away from business gatherings. Also get volunteer experience in which you may use your and develop your skills shouldn't be overlooked to. It's not a given that you'd get a job but if you plan for it, it's possible.
3. What would you like to do after your degree? Do you just want to do a Masters as a stamp on your knowledge or as a way of entering the market?
4. On-campus costs are similar to that of Kent and most unis and but I'm sure that if you will be renting private, you'd come up with various options that would suit your pocket. Food and electric costs are similar to elsewhere in the UK. Cambridge is fun depending on your idea of fun.

Thank you so much for your response and recommendation. i got a 4k pounds scholarship from ARU and if combined with the 1k pounds early payment discount that brings the total tuition fee to 11200k which i think its a fair deal.............but this university of Kent 50% scholarship is tempting shaa. i dont know if it will be easy to get.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by beautyfoch: 9:17pm On May 11, 2020
Gracias....This link is a life saver �

omopapa:
Not approved by NMC, yet.

https://www.nmc.org.uk/education/approved-programmes/

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 9:35pm On May 11, 2020
Pls lead me to ur DM if u may

STENON:
Yes. I know more about GetintoTeaching... But don't know anything about teachfirst
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 9:43pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
Pls lead me to ur DM if u may

Please are you in scotland? I have received so many pms about this UK teaching stuff and I am always happy to answer the questions here. England is a complicated one to start with. I am just waiting for this lockdown to be over, before getting the Teaching license in England too. It is better to start with scotland and later apply from scotland to England for Teaching license than to start with England route.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 9:44pm On May 11, 2020
Greetings everyone and thanks for the wonderful contributions so far.

I need clarification regarding proof of funds for a dependant. I saw online that it is £6,120 (if the Visa will be granted for 9months or more) per dependant but was surprised when a friend in UK told me today that it is £16,320 (2years living cost).

I have attached the source of my info herewith. I would appreciate all vital information concerning this, many thanks.

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gavrelino123: 9:52pm On May 11, 2020
holy100:

Thank you so much for your response and recommendation. i got a 4k pounds scholarship from ARU and if combined with the 1k pounds early payment discount that brings the total tuition fee to 11200k which i think its a fair deal.............but this university of Kent 50% scholarship is tempting shaa. i dont know if it will be easy to get.

ARU....the 11,200£ is it a 2 year PROGRAMME?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:05pm On May 11, 2020
I don’t want to derail the thread that’s why I requested to come in your DM. Except there’s another thread for it

STENON:
Please are you in scotland? I have received so many pms about this UK teaching stuff and I am always happy to answer the questions here. England is a complicated one to start with. I am just waiting for this lockdown to be over, before getting the Teaching license in England too. It is better to start with scotland and later apply from scotland to England for Teaching license than to start with England route.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:09pm On May 11, 2020
Attached picture answers the question

Odedenshi1:

I need clarification regarding proof of funds for a dependant. I saw online that it is £6,120 (if the Visa will be granted for 9months or more) per dependant but was surprised when a friend in UK told me today that it is £16,320 (2years living cost).

I have attached the source of my info herewith. I would appreciate all vital information concerning this, many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 10:15pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
Attached picture answers the question

Thanks bro @omopapa. My friend was wrong
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
omopapa:
I don’t want to derail the thread that’s why I requested to come in your DM. Except there’s another thread for it

thanks bro. This is the right thread for it . Hope oga Justwise won't delete our comments ? embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
The ARU tuition makes sense with the deductions. The Kent scholarship is easy as long as your application write up is compelling. It never hurts to explore your options so if you try, the worst case scenario will be not getting it but you'd still have ARU. You can apply the scholarship as soon as you get an offer without the initial deposit. It's awarded on a rolling basis.
holy100:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:25pm On May 11, 2020
You're not required to show funds for the 2 years but you must show that you have enough money to pay for the course fees +9 months for the first year of your course and maintenance of up to 9 months for each of your dependants.
When unsure about the veracity of any info, always verify info using the official UKVI guidance to avoid pitfalls that may cost you. The info on the screenshot is correct but your friend's info is wrong.
Odedenshi1:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:36pm On May 11, 2020
It's for 1 year.
Gavrelino123:

ARU....the 11,200£ is it a 2 year PROGRAMME?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tunabio: 11:17pm On May 11, 2020
Hello everyone, is there any immigration law against studying with pregnancy especially for visa processing? A friend got admission for September start and will be 5 months pregnant by September, please is there any issue with this? please advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 1:06am On May 12, 2020
ELff:

Choi, I can imagine l. I can't do online classes at all abeg. Not even in this place where network isn't stable. There's so much uncertainty everywhere.

This pandemic is really ruining things. Please do you know how I can change my naira to pounds pending when I'm ready to pay for the tuition.

I don't know how much the naira would have deprecated by then.

If you have payooner account, you can convert your funds by using online exchangers.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Odedenshi1(m): 7:18am On May 12, 2020
[quote author=mimilyrics The info on the screenshot is correct but your friend's info is wrong.
[/quote]

Thanks @mimilyrics. It’s clear...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:53am On May 12, 2020
tunabio:
Hello everyone, is there any immigration law against studying with pregnancy especially for visa processing? A friend got admission for September start and will be 5 months pregnant by September, please is there any issue with this? please advise.

No issue at all.
So long as she can cope.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 7:54am On May 12, 2020
STENON:
thanks bro. This is the right thread for it . Hope oga Justwise won't delete our comments ? embarassed

Please write it here.

We want to benefit too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 8:00am On May 12, 2020
yusufDeveloper:

If you have payooner account, you can convert your funds by using online exchangers.

I will just wait and do the Form A since I can get that at CBN rate. Thanks for your input.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.