Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091898 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
I doubt that it will work that way because organisations like TLS are usually careful about using external devices to avoid a breach of their computer systems and network.
Why don't you print very clear copies and take it with you for the assisted service appointment? TLS accepts clear, A4 colour photocopies.

Please what about the pictures of my spouse and I to back up his application that I compiled into a pdf format. Will they be able to collect it from me and upload as I dont have hard copies of these pictures

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Dejavu31:
He got his response in 9days? Mad

Yeah, we were shocked too. He was even scared it was a refusal because it came so early.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinzzle: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ok thank you, do you think a photocopy of my degree certificate will be acceptable too?. @mimilyrics

mimilyrics:
I doubt that it will work that way because organisations like TLS are usually careful about using external devices to avoid a breach of their computer systems and network.
Why don't you print very clear copies and take it with you for the assisted service appointment? TLS accepts clear, A4 colour photocopies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Calm054:

I can't really tell the rate they used because I paid more than 3k and also they told me they'll use the $ value to do their conversion. I filled the Form A on Monday, I had a few setbacks that I needed to clarify before they went ahead with the transaction. As at yesterday I had provided all they requested from me (had to do with my name change) and when I got home I got their debit alerts and emails. They also called this morning to ask if I saw the debit alerts.

Send me an email, let's connect please.

Which bank pls and has Chester confirmed receipt of the fees?

I have sent you an email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
Just print out on photo paper as you would for pictures. The pictures have to be clear when uploaded so your print has to be as sharp and clear as possible.
Sommylove5:

Please what about the pictures of my spouse and I to back up his application that I compiled into a pdf format. Will they be able to collect it from me and upload as I dont have hard copies of these pictures
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
If you can get a clear photocopy that looks as close to the original as possible, it should be okay.
Kinzzle:
Ok thank you, do you think a photocopy of my degree certificate will be acceptable too?. @mimilyrics

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
Just print out on photo paper as you would for pictures. The pictures have to be clear when uploaded so your print has to be as sharp and clear as possible.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Suzam: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello .. I appreciate the great job everyone is doing so far..

I still have some questions?

1.) Finished as a part-time student around 2012, fund, marriage and wrk came in. Will this affect my application for student visa? ( Will love to go with my spouse and kid)

2.) Can anyone recommend masters programme for Bachelor of Science Students(Computer science) less strenuous, cheaper ?

3.) Aside the tuition fee, I saw around £1000+ ✖ 9 for monthly maintenance, does that triple cos it includes spouse and a kid?

4.) Which schools should I look at, I have checked University of Birmingham and University of Portsmouth
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
1. It won't affect you except you have no account of what you've been up to since then in terms of the progress you've made since you finished your course.
2. When you say less strenuous, what exactly do you mean?
3. Monthly maintenance is required to be shown for up to 9 months worth. Students outside London need to show £1,015*9 while students within London must show £1,265*9.
Each dependant has to show £680*9 for outside London and £845 for within London.
4. You can use findamasters.com to check for and compare schools.
Suzam:
Hello .. I appreciate the great job everyone is doing so far..

I still have some questions?

1.) Finished as a part-time student around 2012, fund, marriage and wrk came in. Will this affect my application for student visa? ( Will love to go with my spouse and kid)

2.) Can anyone recommend masters programme for Bachelor of Science Students(Computer science) less strenuous, cheaper ?

3.) Aside the tuition fee, I saw around £1000+ ✖ 9 for monthly maintenance, does that triple cos it includes spouse and a kid?

4.) Which schools should I look at, I have checked University of Birmingham and University of Portsmouth
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Suzam: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
1. It won't affect you.
2. When you say less strenuous, what exactly do you mean?
3. Monthly maintenance is required to be show for up to 9 months worth. Students outside London need to show £1,015*9 while students within London must show £1,265*9.
Each dependant has to show £680*9 for outside London and £845 for within London.
5. You can use findamasters.com to check for and compare schools.

God bless you for your prompt response, I just meant less strenuous in anyway possible, I really don't want to go deeper with Computer Science courses, so looking for something else
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
Why exactly do you want to study Computer science then? Why not study a course that will be professionally and financially beneficial to you?
If you just want a course for UK migration/work purposes, you might be better off with health related courses or a course which is your area of strength. This is my opinion though.
Suzam:

God bless you for your prompt response, I just meant less strenuous in anyway possible, I really don't want to go deeper with Computer Science courses, so looking for something else
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Suzam: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
Why exactly do you want to study Computer science then? Why not study a course that will be professionally beneficial to you?
If you just want a course for UK migration/work purposes, you might be better off with health related courses.

No I meant I studied computer science back then due to influence from my sponsor then, now I am seeking a course that will accept my BSc in computer science but not really computer related.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Oh okay. Where do your interests lie? In what area have you got work experience? What do you see yourself doing after your Masters? What area do you see yourself excelling in without struggling?
Once you know the above, it's easier to now start checking if the courses in your area of interest will accept your computer science degree.
In most cases, being able to sell your skills, experiences and your ability to succeed on your intended course will get you on some courses irrespective of your academic background.
Suzam:

No I meant I studied computer science back then due to influence from my sponsor then, now I am seeking a course that will accept my BSc in computer science but not really computer related.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello please was told NPC Attestation of birth is not accepted for UK Visa but rather only NPC Birth cirtificate. If you want a Parent to be sponsor. Is this true ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
Verve Card irrespective of the issuing bank? The card will still work on page?

seun4paul:

You need to have a verve card to able to use paga. Also open a paga account, then link your paga account to your naira verve card at the wallet section. Paga has best rate you can find. I guess around 380 to a dollar
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Calm054: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2020
iamlinton:
I haven't found any University of Chester group.
You are free to ask me your questions

Any prospective University of Chester Student should indicate let's link up so we'll interact and curb each other's worries and concerns.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hi. Most schools are giving late arrival dates. Why don't you check this with your school, and keep trying. Some people have not even gotten CAS, others are still on tuberculosis test. Be calm, you will get a date eventually.

Capitalbase:

Thank you my brother.
To an extent, I think the best thing is to leave it. If it gets to Second week in September and I don't get any date that will not stress me, then I will ask the school to defer my admission to February so I can just focus on my work and stop messing myself up.
This experience is one I don't even wish for my worst enemy to go through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Will the embassy accept printed soft copy of my transcript?
mimilyrics:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
mrpudikin:
Hello please was told NPC Attestation of birth is not accepted for UK Visa but rather only NPC Birth cirtificate. If you want a Parent to be sponsor. Is this true ?
pls is this true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
If you can get a clear photocopy that looks as close to the original as possible, it should be okay.

Alright, thank you.
Please, one last question . Can someone help pick up my passport after decision has been made? @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2020
I'm going to Chester too.
You can mail me.

Calm054:

Any prospective University of Chester Student should indicate let's link up so we'll interact and curb each other's worries and concerns.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joyful7(f): 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2020
Pls @ mimilyrics its urgent, when is the suitable date to print out my SOA from 23rd July in other to meet the 28 days requirement. because the online copy I printed from 23rd july to 20 Aug didn't show today's transcation balance just closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
You will have to find out at TLS. I know that the 3rd party option is available for family applications, for under-18s and some other applications but I'm not sure if you will be able to do that.
If you will be able to do that, you will need to submit an authorisation letter / form available via ( https://static.tlscontact.com/media/global/ww/uk/rep_passport_pickup.pdf ), copy of your ID and a copy of your representative's valid ID when you go in for your biometrics appointment.
gracedforever:

Alright, thank you.
Please, one last question . Can someone help pick up my passport after decision has been made? @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2020
I'm not sure about that but you should include a cover letter to explain the attestation of birth if you don't have an actual birth certificate to submit.
The attached screenshot might guide you and though it's not specifically for T4 applications, it's the UK govt policy on birth certificates.
mrpudikin:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2020
Your closing balance is okay and will be used by the ECO. Your statement doesn't need to capture a transaction for today as long as the funds have been in your account for 28 days before your application.
Joyful7:
Pls @ mimilyrics its urgent, when is the suitable date to print out my SOA from 23rd July in other to meet the 28 days requirement. because the online copy I printed from 23rd july to 20 Aug didn't show today's transcation balance just closing balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
I'm not sure about that but you should include a cover letter to explain the attestation of birth if you don't have an actual birth certificate to submit.
The attached screenshot might guide you and though it's not specifically for T4 applications, it's the UK govt policy on birth certificates.
pls send the link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2020
The link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/birth-certificates-and-the-full-birth-certificate-policy/birth-certificates-and-the-full-birth-certificate-policy

NOTE: UK immigration rules usually take into consideration the legal norms of the countries where the documents are coming from.
The NPC is the Nigerian government agency for birth and death registration and birth certificates and attestation of births have the same legal implications under the Nigerian law.

Rheminix:
pls send the link

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
Your closing balance is okay and will be used by the ECO. Your statement doesn't need to capture a transaction for today as long as the funds have been in your account for 28 days before your application.

Really, someone told me I need to do a transaction today to capture the bank statement since I will be printing out the statements tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
A transaction isn't needed. What the ECO needs to see to confirm that the funds are available are
1. The total funds required in your account for the 28 days.
2. your opening balance / funds on the 1st day of the 28-day count.
3. Your closing balance.
4. No reduction in the funds held throughout the 28-day count.
Aprokodaughter:

Really, someone told me I need to do a transaction today to capture the bank statement since I will be printing out the statements tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
A transaction isn't needed. What the ECO needs to see to confirm that the funds are available are
1. The total funds required in your account for the 28 days.
2. your opening balance / funds on the 1st day of the 28-day count.
3. Your closing balance.
4. No reduction in the funds held throughout the 28-day count.

Thank you for the explanation I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 3:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
jadepinkett:
Hi. Most schools are giving late arrival dates. Why don't you check this with your school, and keep trying. Some people have not even gotten CAS, others are still on tuberculosis test. Be calm, you will get a date eventually.

Thanks so much for the soothing words.
U go born twins when U enter UK.
God Bless U Omalicha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.