Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1099050 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:51am On Aug 25, 2020
You will be safer with a 31 days count

Chi360:
Please guys, about the statement of account, do I print 28days to the day I applied for visa? Eg: I applied on 23 Aug so do I have to count 28days to 23rd and print?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2020
Pls can one pay IHS fee using two cards?
That looks like paying in bits
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 9:14am On Aug 25, 2020
mattfeuter:

Why should he delete anything ?

if Boris Johnson likes, he can follow this thread.

What’s difficult in submitting genuine documents to the embassy?

Are you planning to use the money after submission?

I think he was referring to the posts suggesting it’s okay to spend the money after application submission. Justwise is obligated to take down misleading posts or posts that encourage applicants to misrepresent facts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oby200: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2020
rukkykelvin:
Hello everyone
@mimilyrics @Duchess90 @theguyfromhr

I am currently in the process of uploading document and i just noticed a mistake in my NPC attestation of birth.

The "place of birth" on the NPC attestation of birth is different from what is stated on my passport although they're both in the same LGA in delta state ( different communities).

Does this pose as a serious threat to my application.

Please when did you get your NPC attestation of birth and what were the requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2020
naledis:

I think he was referring to the posts suggesting it’s okay to spend the money after application submission. Justwise is obligated to take down misleading posts or posts that encourage applicants to misrepresent facts

Yes, I understand.

The reason why I don’t think it’s necessary for it to be taken down is for others to see it and learn.

I think it’s crazy that anyone would think of spending the money in their account before getting their visa approved.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2020
toyclicks:

Pls can one pay IHS fee using two cards?
That looks like paying in bits

NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2020
Chi360:
Please guys, about the statement of account, do I print 28days to the day I applied for visa? Eg: I applied on 23 Aug so do I have to count 28days to 23rd and print?

Print from the day you started holding funds till date. let the ECO do the counting. Whichever way you are in.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2020
Chi360:

Print from the day you started holding funds till date. let the ECO do the counting. Whichever way you are in. This not a crime to submit a bank statement that is over 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 9:36am On Aug 25, 2020
naledis:

My honest opinion about removing money from account after visa submission is that it is perfectly allowed as far as it is for the purpose of school accommodation or sch fee itself.

It is even clearly stated in the UKVI guidelines that "the money must come to be held in the same manner unless money paid towards accommodation"

I mean, why would I continue to leave the my account if for I instance, Naira gains significant strength with respect to Pounds. (Say pounds to Naira suddenly becomes 420 today). I'll simply walk into the bank and pay off my tuition balance so that I can save some Naira. After all, that is what the money is meant for. There is room for some flexibility on this things. As long as you are plain, truthful and 100% genuine.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2020
garuskoko:

My honest opinion about removing money from account after visa submission is that it is perfectly allowed as far as it is for the purpose of school accommodation or sch fee itself.

It is even clearly stated in the UKVI guidelines that "the money must come to be held in the same manner unless money paid towards accommodation"

I mean, why would I continue to leave the my account if for I instance, Naira gains significant strength with respect to Pounds. (Say pounds to Naira suddenly becomes 420 today). I'll simply walk into the bank and pay off my tuition balance so that I can save some Naira. After all, that is what the money is meant for. There is room for some flexibility on this things. As long as you are plain, truthful and 100% genuine.

Yes the scenario you’ve just painted is perfectly fine. However I’m sure you know not everyone’s definition of “spend” is the same as you’ve explained. Grey areas plenty for this matter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 9:42am On Aug 25, 2020
mattfeuter:

Yes, I understand.

The reason why I don’t think it’s necessary for it to be taken down is for others to see it and learn.

I think it’s crazy that anyone would think of spending the money in their account before getting their visa approved.

You give people too much credit lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Ok. Thanks

Sanitizer:

NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:15am On Aug 25, 2020
If you can get it changed, pls do. If not, include a cover letter stating the error and a google search result showing that both locations are in the same state and if possible, the possibility of them being used interchangeably.
rukkykelvin:
Hello everyone
@mimilyrics @Duchess90 @theguyfromhr

I am currently in the process of uploading document and i just noticed a mistake in my NPC attestation of birth.

The "place of birth" on the NPC attestation of birth is different from what is stated on my passport although they're both in the same LGA in delta state ( different communities).

Does this pose as a serious threat to my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2020
This spending money issue I think you can spend provided you don’t go below the required amount. And for verification read the privacy policy on ukvi you have given them consent to verify any document submitted, and trust they have ways they do this.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:23am On Aug 25, 2020
@eddieifeoluwa.

I will not hesitate to give you a lengthy ban from this section next time you encourage any form of fraudulent practices as regards to visa application.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:28am On Aug 25, 2020
Mobilipia:
@Justwise Please help us and delete all these POF wahala, We don't know who is following this thread, things are difficult already please don't cause another wahala for us sad
This is not really about who is reading , it’s about our image as Nigerians, are we incapable of doing the right thing despite who is reading/watching us?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2020
To add to everything that's been said about proof of funds, keeping your money in your account basically gives you a safety net.

If your application is rejected / refused, and the money is still intact in your account, theoretically, you can apply again immediately and still meet the maintenance requirement. Practically, there might be other factors affecting whether you could apply again, but at least the maintenance funds won't be a problem.

Also, this gives you a chance at admin review incase you're asked to submit recent documentation, in addition to the previous one submitted to confirm if the money is truly available to you. And if the money has been used towards living or tuition costs, the evidence will be submitted for AR too.

Even though some information can't be disclosed or asked as a result of GDPR rules, you signing (consent for information submitted to be verified) the application form and submitting your bank statement gives UKVI the right to ask certain questions about the funds in the submitted statement to prevent immigration fraud and in as much as those questions are Yes or No questions based on what you've submitted, the right/wrong question may just reveal that the funds detailed on your account statement is truly not available to you.
The line of questioning might go like this:
1. Hi, Kindly verify that this statement was issued by your bank and that all the details herein are correct.
2. Are the funds detailed on the submitted bank statement still reflected in the account or not?

Some financial evidence submitted aren't checked except it looks out of place and something is off on your application or until a refusal based on this is contested at administrative review. This is based on situations where the financial evidence was discounted and not further probed due to previous refusals on financial grounds. Please note that this is not reflective of all such situations. @Justwise pls feel free to remove this paragraph if you think that it will give people ideas. Thank you.

My advice is to ensure that the money is left as is except used to pay your study costs which you'd have proof of incase you need it for AR.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:32am On Aug 25, 2020
naledis:

Yes the scenario you’ve just painted is perfectly fine. However I’m sure you know not everyone’s definition of “spend” is the same as you’ve explained. Grey areas plenty for this matter

Hmmmm

Didn’t look at it from this angle, you’re right.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 10:33am On Aug 25, 2020
Olufemichael:
Hello everyone,

I need help urgently. I completed my application and I am currently on the 6th step (FURTHER ACTION or something). I noticed a mistake on the form for one of the dates. Instead of September 2021, I inputed September 2020. I can no longer edit the form and I saw that to change ANY, I will need to CANCEL the first one and RESUBMIT another application.

Please house, what should I do? I have not been redirected to TLS. I have read many pages of this topic but I did see anyone who has been in my shoes before. I hope I am safe?

I am still waiting for an urgent answer. I saw somewhere that I can write a cover letter and take it with me to the appointment. Please if you have experienced such, kindly share your valuable experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2020
Yes, you can write a cover letter but I can't guarantee that it will fix the issue. If you're doing self-upload, just upload it before you go, no need to take it to your appointment.
Olufemichael:

I am still waiting for an urgent answer. I saw somewhere that I can write a cover letter and take it with me to the appointment. Please if you have experienced such, kindly share your valuable experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2020
Hi all, please those who have gotten feedback on their application should please update us. Biometric day, collection date etc. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 10:43am On Aug 25, 2020
solarinde:
Hi all, please those who have gotten feedback on their application should please update us. Biometric day, collection date etc. Thanks
not yet oo i did biometrics on the 4th of august, today is supposed to be my collection date i still they wait oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
Yes, you can write a cover letter but I can't guarantee that it will fix the issue. If you're doing self-upload, just upload it before you go, no need to take it to your appointment.

The error was on my Course end date oh. Instead of 30 Sept 2021 I inputed 30 Sept 2020. I don't know how it happened. I inputed the correct data for IHS and I went through the app but I did not noticed it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2020
So did you pay the right amount for IHS? It's only the date on your application that's the issue, right?
Olufemichael:

The error was on my Course end date oh. Instead of 30 Sept 2021 I inputed 30 Sept 2020. I don't know how it happened. I inputed the correct data for IHS and I went through the app but I did not noticed it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 10:47am On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:

I can upload the cover letter? Who should I address it to? TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olufemichael(m): 10:48am On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
So did you pay the right amount for IHS? It's only the date on your application that's the issue, right?

Yes, only date issue oh. 2020 instead of 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2020
is it still with dmc?
Rheminix:
not yet oo i did biometrics on the 4th of august, today is supposed to be my collection date i still they wait oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2020
Then a cover letter should help you since the right amount of IHS was paid.
Olufemichael:

Yes, only date issue oh. 2020 instead of 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2020
The Entry Clearance Officer,
British Deputy High Commission
11 Walter Carrington Crescent,
Victoria Island, Lagos,
Nigeria.

If in abuja, use the Abuja details.

Yes, upload the letter if you're using self upload.

Olufemichael:

I can upload the cover letter? Who should I address it to? TLS?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2020
@mimilyrics, @duchess90 @theguyfromhr and others.

I have a little challenge.

So I did my bachelor's in a different country. When filling my visa form, I imputed my departure date from the country as the 19th of a a particular month.

But my stamped carries 20th of same month. What happened was the flight was meant to be 19th, but due to delays and immigration procedures, we had entered a new day which was 20th when my passport was stamped.

So do I write a cover letter to explain this and upload also.

Or is it something that's negligible.

Please answer urgently

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.