Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1099198 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2020
A cover letter will help even though it's not an error that will count as misrepresentation or deception since you didn't overstay your visa and actually did leave within few hours of the declared date.
Docuzor:
@mimilyrics, @duchess90 @theguyfromhr and others.

I have a little challenge.

So I did my bachelor's in a different country. When filling my visa form, I imputed my departure date from the country as the 19th of a a particular month.

But my stamped carries 20th of same month. What happened was the flight was meant to be 19th, but due to delays and immigration procedures, we had entered a new day which was 20th when my passport was stamped.

So do I write a cover letter to explain this and upload also.

Or is it something that's negligible.

Please answer urgently

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2020
Rheminix:
not yet oo i did biometrics on the 4th of august, today is supposed to be my collection date i still they wait oo

It shall be good news

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by badtempest: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2020
toyclicks:
shocked

It’s actually in the terms and condition that they can call any organization whose documents you include in your application. Y’all should read that sometime ���

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
Can a phone scanner example Camscanner be used to scan documents for self-service or must it be scanned with a computer scanner?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Qlock(m): 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
To add to everything that's been said about proof of funds, keeping your money in your account basically gives you a safety net.

If your application is rejected / refused, and the money is still intact in your account, theoretically, you can apply again immediately and still meet the maintenance requirement. Practically, there might be other factors affecting whether you could apply again, but at least the maintenance funds won't be a problem.

Also, this gives you a chance at admin review incase you're asked to submit recent documentation, in addition to the previous one submitted to confirm if the money is truly available to you. And if the money has been used towards living or tuition costs, the evidence will be submitted for AR too.

Even though some information can't be disclosed or asked as a result of GDPR rules, you signing (consent for information submitted to be verified) the application form and submitting your bank statement gives UKVI the right to ask certain questions about the funds in the submitted statement to prevent immigration fraud and in as much as those questions are Yes or No questions based on what you've submitted, the right/wrong question may just reveal that the funds detailed on your account statement is truly not available to you.
The line of questioning might go like this:
1. Hi, Kindly verify that this statement was issued by your bank and that all the details herein are correct.
2. Are the funds detailed on the submitted bank statement still reflected in the account or not?

Some financial evidence submitted aren't checked except it looks out of place and something is off on your application or until a refusal based on this is contested at administrative review. This is based on situations where the financial evidence was discounted and not further probed due to previous refusals on financial grounds. Please note that this is not reflective of all such situations. @Justwise pls feel free to remove this paragraph if you think that it will give people ideas. Thank you.

My advice is to ensure that the money is left as is except used to pay your study costs which you'd have proof of incase you need it for AR.

If I add to the fund or withdraw a little from the account, what does that make of question 2?

Just thinking out loud....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
Docuzor:

So I did my bachelor's in a different country. When filling my visa form, I imputed my departure date from the country as the 19th of a a particular month.

But my stamped carries 20th of same month. What happened was the flight was meant to be 19th, but due to delays and immigration procedures, we had entered a new day which was 20th when my passport was stamped.

Please answer urgently

No need. Just scan and submit it as it is.

Same thing has happened to me previously.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
To add to everything that's been said about proof of funds, keeping your money in your account basically gives you a safety net.

If your application is rejected / refused, and the money is still intact in your account, theoretically, you can apply again immediately and still meet the maintenance requirement. Practically, there might be other factors affecting whether you could apply again, but at least the maintenance funds won't be a problem.

Also, this gives you a chance at admin review incase you're asked to submit recent documentation, in addition to the previous one submitted to confirm if the money is truly available to you. And if the money has been used towards living or tuition costs, the evidence will be submitted for AR too.

Even though some information can't be disclosed or asked as a result of GDPR rules, you signing (consent for information submitted to be verified) the application form and submitting your bank statement gives UKVI the right to ask certain questions about the funds in the submitted statement to prevent immigration fraud and in as much as those questions are Yes or No questions based on what you've submitted, the right/wrong question may just reveal that the funds detailed on your account statement is truly not available to you.
The line of questioning might go like this:
1. Hi, Kindly verify that this statement was issued by your bank and that all the details herein are correct.
2. Are the funds detailed on the submitted bank statement still reflected in the account or not?

Some financial evidence submitted aren't checked except it looks out of place and something is off on your application or until a refusal based on this is contested at administrative review. This is based on situations where the financial evidence was discounted and not further probed due to previous refusals on financial grounds. Please note that this is not reflective of all such situations. @Justwise pls feel free to remove this paragraph if you think that it will give people ideas. Thank you.

My advice is to ensure that the money is left as is except used to pay your study costs which you'd have proof of incase you need it for AR.

This is the only thing that will be asked. Not question 2.

But yes I agree with you about leaving the money in there until you have your visa.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
And you were given the visa?

mattfeuter:

No need. Just scan and submit it as it is.

Same thing has happened to me previously.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Buzz word "might". I don't work with UKVI so it's not absolute.
mattfeuter:

This is the only thing that will be asked.

Not question 2.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Docuzor:
And you were given the visa?

Yes.

Some countries don’t even stamp your passport when you’re exiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
Buzz word "might". I don't work with UKVI so it's not absolute.

Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2020
The only business the UKVI has is with your declared funds; if you add to the funds, good for you.

If you withdraw from the funds and the application is refused because of that, evidence that the funds were used towards study expenses should be tendered as proof for AR.
If the account is totally empty and it's somehow communicated to UKVI, then there will be an issue.

Above all, it's better to err on the side of caution and ensure that the money is continually available in the account and only used towards your study aims.

Qlock:

If I add to the fund or withdraw a little from the account, what does that make of question 2?

Just thinking out loud....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello everyone
@mimilyrics @Duchess90 @theguyfromhr

I am currently in the process of uploading document and i just noticed a mistake in my NPC attestation of birth.

The "place of birth" on the NPC attestation of birth is different from what is stated on my passport although they're both in the same LGA in delta state ( different communities).

Does this pose as a serious threat to my application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
U.K. doesn’t too.
mattfeuter:

Yes.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
mimilyrics:
If you can get it changed, pls do. If not, include a cover letter stating the error and google search results showing that both locations are in the same state and if possible, the possibility of them being used interchangeably or how easily one can be mistaken for the other.
See the above.
rukkykelvin:
Hello everyone
@mimilyrics @Duchess90 @theguyfromhr

I am currently in the process of uploading document and i just noticed a mistake in my NPC attestation of birth.

The "place of birth" on the NPC attestation of birth is different from what is stated on my passport although they're both in the same LGA in delta state ( different communities).

Does this pose as a serious threat to my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
True! Even the US doesn't provide exit stamps but Greece does so it depends on the country.
The entry stamp in Nigeria is sufficient proof of departure from the host country in most cases.
Skymoore1004:
U.K. doesn’t too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Docuzor(m): 1:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Okay. Thank you.

mattfeuter:

Yes.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Arhmiee:
Can a phone scanner example Camscanner be used to scan documents for self-service or must it be scanned with a computer scanner?

That's what I used.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2020
Skymoore1004:
U.K. doesn’t too.

Oh really?

I know the United States doesn’t as they usually get advance pax manifests. So they already know who’s leaving.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ipassu: 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hello All,

Can documents be uploaded to my profile after I have submitted my application using self service. I am about to apply for my visa and I am yet to get approval for study leave from my employer. Can I submit my visa application and then attach the study leave approval before my biometric capture/interveiw date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
mattfeuter:

Oh really?

I know the United States doesn’t as they usually get advance pax manifests. So they already know who’s leaving.

These days almost all serious countries get advance pax manifests which they run against their watchlists.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
ipassu:
Hello All,

Can documents be uploaded to my profile after I have submitted my application using self service. I am about to apply for my visa and I am yet to get approval for study leave from my employer. Can I submit my visa application and then attach the study leave approval before my biometric capture/interveiw date?

You can go to your appointment with any document you want uploaded and you pay them to do so. I think that will set you back the 11k.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
Docuzor:

Please answer urgently

I don't think this is an issue. As long as you have no overstays or anything like that, it's OK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Arhmiee:

I used a phone scanner to scan my visa pages, made it easier to combine them into one pdf file.
Also used it for the marriage certificate, which is one pointlessly long piece of paper that doesn't fit standard sized A4 flatbed scanners.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

These days almost all serious countries get advance pax manifests which they run against their watchlists.

Are you trying to yab Nigeria immigration? grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
I did my biometrics /credibility interview today and i was only asked 4 questions.... is that a good sign??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Messyodi:
I did my biometrics /credibility interview today and i was only asked 4 questions.... is that a good sign??

What questions were you asked?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Messyodi:

Please what were the four questions you were asked? And where was your interview conducted?

Congratulations in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2020
Messyodi:

Biko,

Please write the questions here for the Congregation

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
mattfeuter:

Are you trying to yab Nigeria immigration? grin grin

Perish the thought. How could I?
THE most professional border force in Africa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
It's not as long as you answered them without ambiguity and your documents are as per UKVI requirements.
Messyodi:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

Perish the thought. How could I?
THE most professional border force in Africa.

grin grin

He go better , one day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.