Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1088148 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Calm054:
@mimilyrics @justwise and all the gurus in the house.
Please I have a very pressing question/concern and would need your urgent answer/replies.
For someone who is pregnant and wants to apply for Tier 4 Visa, do they need to show maintenance funds for the baby in the womb?

cheesy abeg let the baby enjoy the womb first

I think it depends on the EDD. If the applicant travel before the baby is born then No..... however when the baby is born in the UK and you need to submit an application then the rules of dependent kicks in. If the baby comes before the applicant travels then yes as an application will need to be submitted for the baby

Till there abeg allow the baby to kick in the womb and congrats to the applicant

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2020
I think it should be your school address as you cannot be expected to sort out private accommodation until you know for sure you are landing.

So, make sure you have done your research and know where (as in areas) you want to live, budget etc so you can spell this out if asked. You can also explain on the form if you want that although you’ve put your school’s address, as you’re travelling with a dependant, you would need to rent privately.

Saying that, some Unis can help with this as they have private accommodation off campus that is suitable for families. I know my Uni did back then and mature students often went down this route.

olarewajuo:

My school address

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2020
Praise God!

![quote author=Yimi4real post=93236529]Gather round people!

Some more beautiful hot gist to brighten your day. Let me dance small

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:50am On Aug 26, 2020
olarewajuo:
Pls guys am new here and I need your advice.

Am about submitting my application but I need a clarification: Am going with my dependent. Is it ok to use my school address for the Accomodation pending the visa approval or I need to sort for Accomodation and use the Accomodation address instead of the school address since am going with my dependent.

Thanks

School address is fine... it is hard to sort accommodation remotely and I think VO understands that. You can put school and if ask just say you intend to sort out the accommodation immediately you arrive

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2020
Wowwww.
Congratulations!!!

Yimi4real:
Gather round people!

Some more beautiful hot gist to brighten your day. Let me dance small first and sing praises to God!!

He has done it for me, He has done for me, what no man can do for me, He has done it for me!

Visa approved for me and my family,Yaaaayyy!!!

I am just smiling to myself right now �. Hope this driver staring at me is not wondering if I am okay like this. Mo wa very alright oooooo.

All the BP from getting CAS on time, to exchange rate increasing, to finding cards to pay for IHS/Visa fees and the sleepless nights and restlessness of trying to find appointment has ended in praise and so it will end in praise for you too regardless of what stage you are in your application. Amen

All roads leads to Newcastle Upon Tyne.! Hustling for flight ✈️ now on my mind.
Thank you Jesus!!

And thank you to everyone here who has been committed to providing support towards a successful application.

TIMELINE

TB Certificate- July 8

SOA print out from 2-31 July

Submitted online Visa application- 31st July

Appointment booking online- 2nd August

Biometrics done- 4th and 5th August for main applicant and dependents

Application transferred and received by DMC-6th August

Application returned to VAC- 21st August

Application received by VAC-25th August

Mail from VAC to collect passport-25th August

Passport Collection- 26th August

Whose testimony is next?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 10:57am On Aug 26, 2020
olarewajuo:
Pls guys am new here and I need your advice.

Am about submitting my application but I need a clarification: Am going with my dependent. Is it ok to use my school address for the Accomodation pending the visa approval or I need to sort for Accomodation and use the Accomodation address instead of the school address since am going with my dependent.

Thanks

Why not do a temporal booking online and use that for the interview..state that this temporal and you are still searching for accommodation more suitable..also you would want to physically sight the accommodation after arrival..hence the temporal accommodation. Some people did this and I think it sailed through.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2020
Calm054:
@mimilyrics @justwise and all the gurus in the house.
Please I have a very pressing question/concern and would need your urgent answer/replies.
For someone who is pregnant and wants to apply for Tier 4 Visa, do they need to show maintenance funds for the baby in the womb?

Lol..my lovely mom-to-be, how body? hope you are doing great..don't stress yourself to much oh..your mind and body needs mental rest.
For this, like advised, no stress whatsoever..
If the baby will come before travelling, then you would need to do a dependent visa..but if teh baby is still in the womb at the point of travel..no further action is required..just apply for yourself alone..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2020
Please who can assist with this information urgently ?

I forgot to upload a consent letter from my brother, that I will be staying with him for the 2 weeks quarantine? How do I go about it and if I have to pay TLS how much will it cost?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2020
Mosopea:
Please who can assist with this information urgently ?

I forgot to upload a consent letter from my brother, that I will be staying with him for the 2 weeks quarantine? How do I go about it and if I have to pay TLS how much will it cost?

That is NOT a Tier 4 visa requirement.

However , you Should be able to read out the address if asked during your interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mosopea: 11:22am On Aug 26, 2020
Thank you

mattfeuter:

That is NOT a Tier 4 visa requirement.

However , you Should be able to read out the address if asked during your interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Graceisallineed: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Yimi4real:
Gather round people!

Some more beautiful hot gist to brighten your day. Let me dance small first and sing praises to God!!

He has done it for me, He has done for me, what no man can do for me, He has done it for me!

I am just smiling to myself right now �. Hope this driver staring at me is not wondering if I am okay like this. Mo wa very alright oooooo.

All the BP from getting CAS on time, to exchange rate increasing, to finding cards to pay for IHS/Visa fees and the sleepless nights and restlessness of trying to find appointment has ended in praise and so it will end in praise for you too regardless of what stage you are in your application. Amen

Thank you Jesus!!

And thank you to everyone here who has been committed to providing support towards a successful application.

TIMELINE

TB Certificate- July 8

Whose testimony is next?

Congrats. Please did you do visa interview or just only biometrics as you stated.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2020
Congratulations, it shall end in praise for the rest of us too
Yimi4real:
Gather round people!

Thank you Jesus!!

TIMELINE

TB Certificate- July 8

Whose testimony is next?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Risazii: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2020
It's raining visas today, so happy hearing the good news

realsydney:
Collected my visa this morn , thanks all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gloriouscrown: 11:51am On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=Yimi4real post=93236529]Gather round people!

Thank You Jesus!

All the best to you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ayinke123(f): 11:51am On Aug 26, 2020
If you are carrying a triplet will you show maintenance fee for the 3 babies? And how will they know there are 3 babies? If it is no to these questions it means no to your answer.

uote author=Calm054 post=93237244]@mimilyrics @justwise and all the gurus in the house.
For someone who is pregnant and wants to apply for Tier 4 Visa, do they need to show maintenance funds for the baby in the womb? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 11:57am On Aug 26, 2020
I have previously had 3 uk visit visa rejections and 3 US visa rejections. I stated in my application I had 3 Uk rejections and 1 US visa rejections. Please i would like to have an advised on how safe this.

I have visited the UK once, also been to Ghana and Dubai.

Your advise would be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
Flezi1:
I have previously had 3 uk visit visa rejections and 3 US visa rejections. I stated in my application I had 3 Uk rejections and 1 US visa rejections. Please i would like to have an advised on how safe this.

I have visited the UK once, also been to Ghana and Dubai.

Your advise would be appreciated.

Why weren't you honest ?....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mickeyzach(m): 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hello, I have been following the thread and I must say I have found most post very informative, just a quick one please;

Is it possible to opt in for courier service delievery for my Visa after credibility interview has been done?

Note: Already on my 11th working day, awaiting decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Why weren't you honest ?....

Just felt it would be reflecting too much rejections.

I know i can do a cover letter to address it. Just want to know if i should proceed to add that information or if i should just ignore. for the us i included the most recent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Slimmzyy: 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
You are wrong sir and stop giving people false hope, I work in Private Equity in London and not a single soul in my company went to a Uni that's not a Russell Group, if anybody is in doubt, go on LinkedIn and search for any investment bank, asset management or private equity company and check the profile of the people that work there, then you would be able to answer yourself all the questions you have if you uni matters or not, and this applies to local students as well. LinkedIn is an important tool where you can see what kind of company and industry the alumni of your intended Uni are currently working, and yes someone from LSE, Imperial college, Oxbridge, Edinburgh and the likes will tell a different story to someone that's going to Chester, Teeside, East London, Salford, BCU and the list goes on.

But then again, it is not impossible, students with degrees from less prestigious universities with substantial amount of work experience from leading financial institutions also do get a shot 100% but you still need a work permit.

My advice for anyone looking to switch to Tier 2 visa from Tier 4 would be to start applying early from this October for graduate trainee programmes and focus your attention on multinational companies like, EY, PWC, JP Morgan. But if I were to be in this position, I wouldn't rely on the possibility of switching into Tier 2, as I would be exploring others means. Mr Mogatti, if you currently live and work in the UK you would understand better and the chances of getting a company to sponsor your Tier 2 visa regardless of your experience.

P.S. This information applies to a specific industry and does not reflect the overall recruitment process and preference for all industry/sector in the UK.

mogatti:

My friend, uni you attend in the UK has got nothing to do with getting a job. What you know and can bring to the table is what determines if you get a job. Employers are after what you have to offer not what degrees or uni you attended.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Slimmzyy:
You are wrong sir and stop giving people false hope, I work in Private Equity in London and not a single soul in my company went to a Uni that's not a Russell Group, if anybody is in doubt, go on LinkedIn and search for any investment bank, asset management or private equity company and check the profile of the people that work there, then you would be able to answer yourself all the questions you have if you uni matters or not, and this applies to local students as well. LinkedIn is an important tool where you can see what kind of company and industry the alumni of your intended Uni are currently working, and yes someone from LSE, Imperial college, Oxbridge, Edinburgh and the likes will tell a different story to someone that's going to Chester, Teeside, East London, Salford, BCU and the list goes on.

But then again, it is not impossible, students with degrees from less prestigious universities with substantial amount of work experience from leading financial institutions also do get a shot 100% but you still need a work permit.

My advice for anyone looking to switch to Tier 2 visa from Tier 4 would be to start applying early from this October for graduate trainee programmes and focus your attention on multinational companies like, EY, PWC, JP Morgan. But if I were to be in this position, I wouldn't rely on the possibility of switching into Tier 2, as I would be exploring others means. Mr Mogatti, if you currently live and work in the UK you would understand better and the chances of getting a company to sponsor your Tier 2 visa regardless of your experience.

P.S. This information applies to a specific industry and does not reflect the overall recruitment process and preference for all industry/sector in the UK.

So essentially you are both saying the same thing .... just one typing is longer cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
How does the walk-in appointment for biometrics work please? How much does it cost? Is it done at the vi office or ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lmaooo I was confused too.
Had to read both notes to be sure I was comprehending lol
LagosismyHome:

So essentially you are both saying the same thing .... just one typing is longer cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Slimmzyy: 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2020
Goodluck to everyone with their future endeavours!!!

Skymoore1004:
Lmaooo I was confused too.
Had to read both notes to be sure I was comprehending lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 12:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thank you for that last bit. I was about to come at you with all guns blazing.

Private equity is one small bit of one industry. I know people in investment banking that started their careers in Lagos after Uni in Naija. One worked in Zenith Bank for years and said ‘let me just try‘ and got in. Whilst graduating from a Russell Group Uni can help, it is not the be all and end all. I also know people that went to said Unis and aren’t really doing anything impressive so as people have said here what you have to offer - for the most part - is a helluva lot more important. I work for a multinational (as Naija people like to say) and a number of Directors no even go Uni. My director went to South Bank Uni and with my Russell Group Uni and all, no directorship in the offing. My point is that in IT and Engineering type roles, the no Uni at all thing is very common and there is still money in the bank. Is that not what we are all after? How many people here are doing finance related courses sef?

It’s the same argument people make for private and state schools. You can say whatever you want but in terms of numbers, there are fewer private schools so most of the populace go to state schools. Same argument for non Russell group Unis.

For most people here, the reason why you see Salford and Teesside a lot is financial. I had a look at my Uni for my cousin and the price difference from Westminster (where he is heading to) is about £15k. Until we all join the top 1% of the 1% that have mostly chopped Naija’s money, that is just not feasible for most people.

Its not false hope. It’s called being realistic!

Rant over.

Slimmzyy:

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Thank you, saw it on receiving my passport. Didn’t receive decision email
Mosopea:

Wow, congratulations!! Super happy for you. Were you told your visa decision in a mail? Or you saw it on receiving your passport.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 12:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
Interview and biometrics same day
Graceisallineed:

Congrats. Please did you do visa interview or just only biometrics as you stated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mihkehl(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2020
Send me a pm

fabulous05:

Let’s link up then, I will be in lugbe this weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Slimmzyy: 12:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Great insight and thank you for the write up!

I can tell you currently work in the UK and you have an understanding of how the system works and going by statistics over the years, you can tell the % of international students that were able to secure a Tier 2 visa and the Uni they attended.

Those bosses of yours are either British/EU or people with indefinite leave to remain, I had an interview long time ago and the hiring manager said to me I never went to Uni but I'm sure you learnt about fixed income in Uni, so I fully understand what you are saying.

But our focus is on students from Nigeria, with a student visa and possibly PGW, to give yourself the best chance you really need to stand tall in all areas for a company to think they are willing to sponsor and going to a top school is one of those areas.

Since you work in a multinational company, it would be nice to tell everyone on this platform, how many international students you company has hired and sponsored since you joined them?

Oloshi83:
Thank you for that last bit. I was about to come at you with all guns blazing.

Private equity is one small bit of one industry. I know people in investment banking that started their careers in Lagos after Uni in Naija. One worked in Zenith Bank for years and said ‘let me just try‘ and got in. Whilst graduating from a Russell Group Uni can help, it is not the be all and end all. I also know people that went to said Unis and aren’t really doing anything impressive so as people have said here what you have to offer - for the most part - is a helluva lot more important. I work for a multinational (as Naija people like to say) and a number of Directors no even go Uni. My director went to South Bank Uni and with my Russell Group Uni and all, no directorship in the offing. My point is that in IT and Engineering type roles, the no Uni at all thing is very common and there is still money in the bank. Is that not what we are all after? How many people here are doing finance related courses sef?

It’s the same argument people make for private and state schools. You can say whatever you want but in terms of numbers, there are fewer private schools so most of the populace go to state schools. Same argument for non Russell group Unis.

For most people here, the reason why you see Salford and Teesside a lot is financial. I had a look at my Uni for my cousin and the price difference from Westminster (where he is heading to) is about £15k. Until we all join the top 1% of the 1% that have mostly chopped Naija’s money, that is just not feasible for most people.

Its not false hope. It’s called being realistic!

Rant over.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Even if the rejections are 100, they should be declared because if they are not declared and they are found out, it will be termed misrepresentation or deception. Don't ignore it, pls add it.
Flezi1:

Just felt it would be reflecting too much rejections.

I know i can do a cover letter to address it. Just want to know if i should proceed to add that information or if i should just ignore. for the us i included the most recent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
As far as I know, no.
mickeyzach:
Hello, I have been following the thread and I must say I have found most post very informative, just a quick one please;

Is it possible to opt in for courier service delievery for my Visa after credibility interview has been done?

Note: Already on my 11th working day, awaiting decision
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol I don’t work in HR so wetin be my own. But the company is on the UKVI’s list to sponsor visas and definitely sponsors international students + inter company transfers (to/from other countries).

I started my career working for a much smaller company, a bespoke consultancy and they offered to sponsor my visa straight out of Uni (I declined and did SEGS then moved to HSMP) and again, they are on the UKVI’s list too.

Although the visa sponsorship thing has changed significantly since my time, it is possible to get a sponsored job and the main reason I responded to your message was the point about Russel Group Unis. If people have ~£30k to spend on tuition only, by all means, go to a top Uni.

The impact Brexit and the current climate will have on all of this remains to be seen but na so life be.

Slimmzyy:
Great insight and thank you for the write up!

I can tell you currently work in the UK and you have an understanding of how the system works and going by statistics over the years, you can tell the % of international students that were able to secure a Tier 2 visa and the Uni they attended.

Those bosses of yours are either British/EU or people with indefinite leave to remain, I had an interview long time ago and the hiring manager said to me I never went to Uni but I'm sure you learnt about fixed income in Uni, so I fully understand what you are saying.

But our focus is on students from Nigeria, with a student visa and possibly PGW, to give yourself the best chance you really need to stand tall in all areas for a company to think they are willing to sponsor and going to a top school is one of those areas.

Since you work in a multinational company, it would be nice to tell everyone on this platform, how many international students you company has hired and sponsored since you joined them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.