Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093656 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 4:52am On Aug 31, 2020
Thank you, it's very clear now as I have already decided to leave the international drivers license from Nigeria.

Cheers

duchess90:

Hello Donracy,

@mimilyrics already responded but let me ask you. have you driven a RHD(Right Hand Drive) in the UK before?.

I'll give you my own advice based on experience.Even if you get an international driver's license,if you don't know how to drive a RHD or have never driven in the UK and don't know the road signs, speed limit or even how to use a SatNav trust me you will have so much fine to pay the international license will be as good as useless.

If you break the rules and get points on your license,your insurance will be way too high, plus you can have a 6points penalty and have your international license revoked if you aren't careful.

Advice: When you get into the UK, apply for provisional license,get your lessons done( target block lessons), pass your theory and practical test.

Do them from the scratch and save yourself the stress. The only difference is that you don't need the learn somethings that learners without experience do like parts of a car etc. But driving in the UK is as good as learning from the beginning.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 5:14am On Aug 31, 2020
Donracy:
To whom according to his need and to whom according to his ability.

My post was meant to prove a bit further, establish your precise needs, and use my personal experience to offer my 1p advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 5:19am On Aug 31, 2020
noblealuu:

Maybe wanna be doing UBER as side hustle when lecture-free� cheesy

Unless he is going for a PhD (or probably a 4-year undergrad degree), It will be practically impossible to get licensed, and be able to drive commercially within the duration of his tier-4 visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:25am On Aug 31, 2020
Donracy:
I think this is the best approach.

Please how do i get access to any app of sort or link to the website so I can start practicing ?

Why don't you get to UK first, settle down before rush talk of driving licence. Uk has a very good public transport system and insurance for first time drivers is expensive .

Driving in Uk with the rules and everything is totally different from Nigeria and so is the record keeping. It takes almost 3 years for some points in licence to clear and some can become a problem during ILR application , while some accumulated points makes them take your licence ....Don't go and rush and create future problems for yourself. Some things should be taken as baby steps

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2020
Thank you.

I don't have the intention of driving immediately during my studies. Like I said earlier,I asked if having a drivers license from Nigeria would reduce the number of driving lessons one must take before getting a license there and I was looking at Post Graduate work permit era not during studies.

But some people are very quick to conclude and judge. There is nothing wrong in one making plans ahead.

And for the records, I have not been in Nigeria for some years now, I just came back cos of my visa, talking about Nigerian way of driving, I can't even remember because there in the UAE they have strict rules of driving even more than UK. So someone saying I may drive using naija mentality is just based on his assumptions.

Cheers.

LagosismyHome:

Why don't you get to UK first, settle down before rush talk of driving licence. Uk has a very good public transport system and insurance for first time drivers is expensive .

Driving in Uk with the rules and everything is totally different from Nigeria and so is the record keeping. It takes almost 3 years for some points in licence to clear and some can become a problem during ILR application , while some accumulated points makes them take your licence ....Don't go and rush and create future problems for yourself. Some things should be taken as baby steps

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 8:01am On Aug 31, 2020
arhyur:
Had the same issue with my school certificate, I spoke to a lawyer about it and he told me to do Notary Public(newspaper publication plus affidavit), and that’s what I did.

I'm to submit my documents next week, hope it wouldn't jeopardize my chances? cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2020
Donracy:
Thank you.

I don't have the intention of driving immediately during my studies. Like I said earlier,I asked if having a drivers license from Nigeria would reduce the number of driving lessons one must take before getting a license there and I was looking at Post Graduate work permit era not during studies.

But some people are very quick to conclude and judge. There is nothing wrong in one making plans ahead.

And for the records, I have not been in Nigeria for some years now, I just came back cos of my visa, talking about Nigerian way of driving, I can't even remember because there in the UAE they have strict rules of driving even more than UK. So someone saying I may drive using naija mentality is just based on his assumptions.

Cheers.

Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2020
LaaJiblik:

It appears you are really focussed on this UK driving waka. Let’s assume you even get the international license which allows you to drive in the UK for 1 year, have you considered the car you will be driving? Do you already have a car? Or you want to buy a car as sooN as you get there? Or maybe you have a friend or relation who is already there and who is happy to put you as an additional driver of their Car? Is immediate driving in the UK really necessary for you? Maybe you need to cool down a little and think carefully about car things...

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2020
I don’t think it will affect your application, just do it like today ASAP

Nadheer15:
I'm to submit my documents next week, hope it wouldn't jeopardize my chances? cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2020
Just responded. It's okay.
Mobilipia:
@mimilyrics I sent you an email please.sorry for invading your privacy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Faireee: 9:59am On Aug 31, 2020
Good morning everyone. @mimilyrics please I just sent you an email, kindly respond.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by obodooma: 10:09am On Aug 31, 2020
@mimilyrics

if one get a visa and immediately want to apply for the dependant. will the person resume a new application with the same email.
or will a new email be used to apply for the each dependant.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2020
Mimilyrics, pls do i have to take a printed copy of my application form to the interview or i should just print the checklist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joseph1960: 10:31am On Aug 31, 2020
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

.. I'm worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 10:34am On Aug 31, 2020
Just the document checklist. It’s an online application so you don’t need to print the whole thing out.

Benediktejike:
Mimilyrics, pls do i have to take a printed copy of my application form to the interview or i should just print the checklist.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2020
Oloshi83:
Just the document checklist. It’s an online application so you don’t need to print the whole thing out.

Thank you sire..
What about the passport, I csn photocopy it there right? Cos the quality of the coloured photocopy here is terrible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 10:36am On Aug 31, 2020
Nothing to worry about. As long as there’s nothing dodgy and you have followed the guidelines, you’ll be fine.

Joseph1960:

Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

.. I'm worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uchevolata: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2020
mimilyrics:
Just responded. It's okay.

Same here @mimilyrics , I would like to send you a message. But may I ask if it is compulsory to pay for an accommodation now? In case I may be asked where or proof of where I will be staying? Can you advise? I have paid my visa fees and interview in 2 weeks...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by olaypappy: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2020
[quote author=Donracy post=93407032]To whom according to his need and to whom according to his ability.

Well said...two thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TimAke: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2020
New to this thread and asking for a friend.

Is it okay to use a business account owned by the dad in which he is the sole signatory. If yes are there any other supporting documents that would be required?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2020
Geesucc:
I m nt o.. Am actually busy at the office at the moment.. are u going to Stirling as well?

Prospective stirling student here Abeg! I’m waiting on visa interview ���but I’m scared

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 11:22am On Aug 31, 2020
SAMDEEA123:

I advise her to try and call the home office or pray to receive a call from the home office (2nd interview)

@mamag20 please print a new statement covering 28-30 days (counting backwards) from the day you submitted online. Email this immediately to Sheffield and make sure to quote your application reference number (set of numbers starting with GWF). Let’s pray that it is taken into consideration

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2020
TimAke:
New to this thread and asking for a friend.

Is it okay to use a business account owned by the dad in which he is the sole signatory. If yes are there any other supporting documents that would be required?

Thanks in advance.

No. The account has to be in the applicants name. Alternatively your friend can use his parents’ account and include a birth certificate with the application to prove the relationship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TimAke: 11:34am On Aug 31, 2020
naledis:

No. The account has to be in the applicants name. Alternatively your friend can use his parents’ account and include a birth certificate with the application to prove the relationship.
If I get you correctly, he can only use the parent’s personal account not their business account (even though they are the sole signatory and has documents to prove that), yea?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2020
TimAke:
If I get you correctly, he can only use the parent’s personal account not their business account (even though they are the sole signatory and has documents to prove that), yea?

He can’t use a business account, signatory or not. Personal accounts only in either the applicant’s name or parents’ name

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:00pm On Aug 31, 2020
TimAke:

From a legal perspective a business is different from a person.... sole signatory or not so cannot be used

Another option is for the parents to transfer the amount needed to the child's account

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2020
When did you take your biometrics?
Joseph1960:

Kind Regards,

.. I'm worried

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ykaa(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2020
Graceisallineed:

Kindly go to Tejuosho market, Yaba. I bought mine late last year there. I also collected his number. His name is Mr Kenneth 08094264181. You can call him anytime you’re going there. He’ll direct you

Thanks for sharing this information.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
Abeg if una see date earlier than 14th for Ikeja TLS eslf service, make una halla o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2020
No, it's not but you have to know what accommodation options are available to you and the costs. I'm guessing that you used your school's address on your accomodation info on the application.
uchevolata:

Same here @mimilyrics , I would like to send you a message. But may I ask if it is compulsory to pay for an accommodation now? In case I may be asked where or proof of where I will be staying? Can you advise? I have paid my visa fees and interview in 2 weeks...

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.