Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1095627 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
Have you had pneumonia in the past?

Thewizardof0zil:
Hi Justwise and other gurus in the house.

Please I had my TB test on Friday, and the “No evidence of active TB was ticked” but the chest X-ray was ticked “abnormal”. And then they also ticked the box where they stated the X-ray result is with me which isn’t the case.

Is there something for me to be worried about? Do I need to go back and complain?. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yormieK(m): 8:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
@justwise @mimilyrics and other gurus....HELP'S NEEDED. NOTE; lengthy post
I applied through an agent for a UK visitor visa which attracted an agent fee and i was rejected (Feb 2020) for the reason which state the immigration officer wasn't sure of the funds in my account is readily available to me.
PROBLEMS
1. the agent filled many false information on my behalf which include;
i. fake bank statement.
ii. fake marriage certificate and a child birth certificate.
iii. Fake employment letter and fake property papers.
BRIEF INFO ABOUT ME;
i. 32 years
i. 2018 electrical graduate.
ii. I run electrical company but not registered yet
iii.Not married yet, let alone of having a child
CURRENT SITUATION;
After several net research( nairaland uk standard visa pages and general student tier 4 pages )
1. I applied for Msc study in engineering and have been offered to study in scotland (GCU) with tuition deposit paid this august.
2. Am about to proceed to visa processing stage myself.
QUESTIONS
1. what should i do knowing fully well i have a history (my false info above) on their database interms of marriage, a child i've never had and payslips
2. what effect can this have on my proposed study plan.
Below is my refusal letter and bashing, criticism and valuable suggestion is welcomed and ive learned the hard way too.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
MamaG2020:
Please I need urgent clarification or possible solution,

I apply For visa on 15th August (Saturday) and I printed bank statement on the 17th August (Monday) reading from 20th July to 17th Aug (28days) and did self upload same Monday 17th. Biometric was 25th August but I just noticed now that 28days was supposed to read from that Saturday 15th backward

Wow. 20th July to 15th August is 26 days. Unfortunately it appears you haven’t met the financial requirements for the tier 4 visa application. I don’t think there’s anything you can do now to rectify the situation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by noblealuu: 8:30pm On Aug 30, 2020
mimilyrics:
You don't have to worry because as mattfeuter explained, the rate used to convert the funds in your account will be the Oanda rate for the day you submit, it doesn't matter if it surges a day(s) after or before your submission.
Just the way the 28-day count must be completed before (not after) your submission, the rate to be used will be for the day you submit (not the rate for any day before or after your date of submission)

Sent you a mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MamaG2020: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2020
@mimilyrics and justwise and others, is there a way I can mail ukvi because I also printed 45days statement that day as apart from the 28days own I printed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
I don’t believe this is true. The licence itself doesn’t have anything to do with how many lessons you need to do but because you can already drive, you wouldn’t need to do as many lessons as a new learner would. So download the theory app and start practicing for that before you land.

When you arrive, apply for your provisional licence and then start driving lessons. I’d say do a lot of research online especially for the bad habits (which is easy to pick up in Naija) and then you may be able to get away with only doing only a few lessons but only your instructor would be able to give you an exact number.

You can get an international licence in Naija but that would only be valid for a year here and you’d still need to do a test to get a full UK licence anyway (for which I would advise you do at least a couple of lessons - for reasons mentioned earlier - even though you are not required to) so the former is the better option in my view.

Donracy:
@Mimilyrics @duchess @Skymoore @Justwise and all with relevant knowledge.

Is it true that if you have a valid Nigeria Drivers license it will help you to get UK drivers license by shortening the driving courses you are supposed to go for?

If Yes, my Nigeria drivers license have three names on it while my other documents have 4 names. Please will this be a problem if present it as a proof of driving experience?

My drivers license just expired and I want to renew it. But your responses would be the determining factor

Waiting for your prompt responses

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
Even though you said that the agent filled in some wrong info for you, your application was refused for financial reasons, not misrepresentation.

Usually, a visa refusal based on insufficient finance or lump logdements isn't an issue for subsequent applications as long as you can prove (in your subsequent applications) that your finances are truly available to you and that your economic situation in Nigeria is truly good enough for you not to break the bank on your trip.

For student visas, once you've got the funds for 28-days, you explain previous refusals, and every other things check out, you've got a high chance of getting a visa as long as deception isn't involved.

That said, the issue that I foresee with your application is the fake info filled in your previous applications as that's grounds for a 10-year ban for misrepresentation/ deception grounds. Even if you get away with the false info on Nos 1 and 3 as they are information bound to change with the passage of time, I don't see you getting away with number 2 as the onus is now on you to prove that you aren't married and that will require you to say the truth which exposes the false info on your application or lie which now shows you as an unrepentant individual bent on lying to UKVI for immigration fraud.
And since the application was made/rejected in February, the information discrepancy as per your marital status will be evident in your new application and might raise eyebrows as to the veracity of your application information.

The only 2 ways I see out of this are

1. You come clean on your application about the previously filled false info. This will most likely lead to a 10-year ban and subsequent applications after the ban is served will be subject to intense scrutiny. Or

2. [s]Keep up the lie with another or same set of false info and documents (showing marriage or divorce) which will lead to an outright ban if found out.[/s]

Even if you get away with it now, it won't always be so. It will still crop up sometime in future especially if you find yourself getting married to someone in the UK.
yormieK:
I applied through an agent for a UK visitor visa which attracted an agent fee and i was rejected (Feb 2020) for the reason which state the immigration officer wasn't sure of the funds in my account is readily available to me.
PROBLEMS
i. fake bank statement.
BRIEF INFO ABOUT ME;
i. 32 years
CURRENT SITUATION;
After several net research( nairaland uk standard visa pages and general student tier 4 pages )
1. I applied for Msc study in engineering and have been offered to study in scotland (GCU) with tuition deposit paid this august.
QUESTIONS
1. what should i do knowing fully well i have a history (my false info above) on their database interms of marriage, a child i've never had and payslips
Below is my refusal letter and bashing, criticism and valuable suggestion is welcomed and ive learned the hard way too.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2020
No, it won't. The driving courses you take are dependant on you.
You'll need to get an international driver's licence that will entitle you to drive for a year but you will not be able to drive after this except you apply for and get your provisional driver's licence (£34 online application and £43 for postal applications); I suggest that you do this almost as soon as you get here because if you think about applying after your 1 year entitlement expires, it might be difficult to get due to the less than 4-6 months leave left on your BRP except you submit a BRP with extended leave.
Once you get your provisional licence, you can take driving lessons and/or study for your theory test. Once you pass your theory test and you're confident about your driving and understanding of the driving rules/signs, you can register for your driving test.

You can use the official DVLA theory test kit or the driving theory test for car drivers.
Donracy:
@Mimilyrics @duchess @Skymoore @Justwise and all with relevant knowledge.

Is it true that if you have a valid Nigeria Drivers license it will help you to get UK drivers license by shortening the driving courses you are supposed to go for?

If Yes, my Nigeria drivers license have three names on it while my other documents have 4 names. Please will this be a problem if present it as a proof of driving experience?

My drivers license just expired and I want to renew it. But your responses would be the determining factor

Waiting for your prompt responses

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
yormieK:
PROBLEMS
i. fake bank statement.
BRIEF INFO ABOUT ME;
i. 32 years
CURRENT SITUATION;
QUESTIONS

Bros.. let me not lie to you..this is 10 years ban waiting for you already..and since Uk shares it's information with other countries like USA/Canada/Australia..you can't apply to those countries as well..
I would advise you prepare your mind for it..and just settle to do something here..if you could get refund on your tuition fees, it would be best..so that you are not out of pocket as well..

All these agents ehn..they don't know their work.. they don't research.. they think anything can be forged ..forgetting that these countries keep and share information..at the end ,it is the client that suffers..

Nigerians, we need to learn the DIY(Do-It-Yourself) system and always do deep research before embarking on anything..so we don't get our fingers burnt like this..

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2020
Thank you
mimilyrics:
You don't have to worry because as mattfeuter explained, the rate used to convert the funds in your account will be the Oanda rate for the day you submit, it doesn't matter if it surges a day(s) after or before your submission.
Just the way the 28-day count must be completed before (not after) your submission, the rate to be used will be for the day you submit (not the rate for any day before or after your date of submission)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 9:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
So I need to get International drivers license in Nigeria after renewing my license in order to be able to drive in the UK with the License?

Oloshi83:
I don’t believe this is true. The licence itself doesn’t have anything to do with how many lessons you need to do but because you can already drive, you wouldn’t need to do as many lessons as a new learner would. So download the theory app and start practicing for that before you land.

When you arrive, apply for your provisional licence and then start driving lessons. I’d say do a lot of research online especially for the bad habits (which is easy to pick up in Naija) and then you may be able to get away with only doing only a few lessons but only your instructor would be able to give you an exact number.

You can get an international licence in Naija but that would only be valid for a year here and you’d still need to do a test to get a full UK licence anyway (for which I would advise you do at least a couple of lessons - for reasons mentioned earlier - even though you are not required to) so the former is the better option in my view.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yormieK(m): 9:24pm On Aug 30, 2020
[quote author=mamacajah post=93403410]

Bros.. let me not lie to you..this is 10 years ban waiting for you already..and since Uk shares it's information with other countries like USA/Canada/Australia..you can't apply to those countries as well..
I would advise you prepare your mind for it..and just settle to do something here..if you could get refund on your tuition fees, it would be best..so that you are not out of pocket as well..

All these agents ehn..they don't know their work.. they don't research.. they think anything can be forged ..forgetting that these countries keep and share information..at the end ,it is the client that suffers..

Nigerians, we need to learn the DIY(Do-It-Yourself) system and always do deep research before embarking on anything..so we don't get our fingers burnt like this..
thanks @mamacajah.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 9:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
Are you saying that the international drivers license expires after one year?

mimilyrics:
No, it won't. The driving courses you take are dependant on you.
You'll need to get an international driver's licence that will entitle you to drive for a year but you will not be able to drive after this except you apply for and get your provisional driver's licence (£34 online application and £43 for postal applications); I suggest that you do this almost as soon as you get here because if you think about applying after your 1 year entitlement expires, it might be difficult to get due to the less than 4-6 months leave left on your BRP except you submit a BRP with extended leave.
Once you get your provisional licence, you can take driving lessons and/or study for your theory test. Once you pass your theory test and you're confident about your driving and understanding of the driving rules/signs, you can register for your driving test.

You can use the official DVLA theory test kit or the driving theory test for car drivers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2020
naledis:

Wow. 20th July to 15th August is 26 days. Unfortunately it appears you haven’t met the financial requirements for the tier 4 visa application. I don’t think there’s anything you can do now to rectify the situation

I advise her to try and call the home office or pray to receive a call from the home office (2nd interview)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
Long story short, forget U.K. & apply for a deposit refund ASAP!

P:S : even though you’re blaming the agent, I’m 100% sure you’ve also lied on your admission application.
They always ask “have you ever been denied a visa to the U.K?”. I’m sure you ticked no bc you wouldn’t get admission if you declare the reasons of your refusal.

But yeah, just forget Uk & find somewhere else

yormieK:
PROBLEMS
i. fake bank statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2020
Go to TLS or mail UKVI to ask.
Happened to a friend in 2016 but in her case, she didn't include her bank statement due to issues with her bank's system but she didn't want to miss her appointment. She was eventually able to get her statement the day after she had her biometrics and went back to TLS where she was given a Sheffield address to send the statement to via DHL.

Her application got refused but 2 days after she picked up her passport/application decision, she got a mail to submit her passport for her visa because Sheffield had just received her statement which showed that she had the funds at the time of her application and had the statement sent to Sheffield before her application was accessed and assessed by the ECO even though it didn't get to the DMC before the decision was made. She got her visa about a week after passport submission.

I'm not sure if it will work out same way in your situation but there's no harm in trying. Either that or wait for a refusal decision and reapply immediately as long as the funds have remained untouched in your account.

MamaG2020:
@mimilyrics and justwise and others, is there a way I can mail ukvi because I also printed 45days statement that day as apart from the 28days own I printed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 9:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
lol, what a clown. Phd really? Anyway it’s your “Bar”... Goodluck though.
Crookesmore:

Thank you for your contribution.

Have you checked how canada dy do us these days.

Australia is another story but i have my plans.

Also, concerning the second masters, I am not quite sure of this "progression rule" ish. So i would prefer to just go for a phd to show progression.

Thank you once again.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
The one-year entitlement to drive in the UK on licences from other countries expires exactly one year after you start living in the UK.
Donracy:
Are you saying that the international drivers license expires after one year?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by NENGIsmells: 9:41pm On Aug 30, 2020
anyone in Manchester here? i need an apartment mate. non smoker preferred .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2020
Responded.
noblealuu:

Sent you a mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Thewizardof0zil: 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2020
Donracy:
Have you had pneumonia in the past?

No, but I play football and suffered broken ribs two weeks ago. I wonder if that could be it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by noblealuu: 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
mimilyrics:
Responded.

Thanks. I've reverted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2020
Oga no dey like all this agent talk for this thread o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dekestarr: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
Hi @gracedforever, I'm rooting for you because I haven't seen a lot of pharmacists on here. If it won't be much of an inconvenience I'd like to email you? I have some questions. Thanks
gracedforever:

Yes. Ospap is my course. And after the one year masters/Ospap, we'll get to do the preregistration training after which we'll write the Gphc licensing examination.
@mimilyrics are you a health professional? I'm surprised you know about Ospap
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Crookesmore: 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Skymoore1004:
lol, what a clown. Phd really? Anyway it’s your “Bar”... Goodluck though.
All these ppl sha. 9ja too much sabi dy kill us.

Thanks for your last sentence.. grin Mr clown grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.