Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089594 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SyberKate(f): 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good day house...
Please who has applied for Form A through GT Bank and how long did it take for your account to be debited.
Did mine just the other day and they were saying it could take a week or more and I'm sceptical that it shouldn't take that long.

So please who else has gone through gtbank form a application process
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zopyna(m): 4:00pm On Sep 05, 2020
@lagosismyhome,I'm going to Wales .thanks for ur response but pls do elaborate on the ease of securing Irish visa or UK Visa as it concerns us both thanks

if both of your passports are Nigerian passports then you both need a seperate visa to visit Ireland from UK and UK for her....so bear that in mind

As for shuttling it depends on the exact location in UK and Ireland and how close they are and how much money you have to allocate to visiting [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uchevolata: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
@mimilyrics good evening. Please if asked, do you intend to return to Nigeria after your studies? Can you give your opinion please. Thank you.

mimilyrics:
No, it's not but you have to know what accommodation options are available to you and the costs. I'm guessing that you used your school's address on your accomodation info on the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by freshprince24: 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2020
Submitted on the 1st of September, interview was scheduled for 11th but did a walk in on the 3rd. After biometrics, did my interview, went with my dependants but It was just me though as the main applicant who had an interview.

It was short with just 5 questions.

1 - Introducing myself.
2 - Why the UK
3 - Why the course
4 - How will it be useful to me upon my return to Nigeria
And Lastly
5 - If I understood everything that was asked.

The interviewer (a lady) was quite friendly and easy going, the session didn't last more than 5 minutes.

Venue was TLS Victoria Island.

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:
Submitted on the 1st of September, interview was scheduled for 11th but did a walk in on the 3rd. After biometrics, did my interview, went with my dependants but It was just me though as the main applicant who had an interview.

1 - Introducing myself.
2 - Why the UK
3 - Why the course
And Lastly

The interviewer (a lady) was quite friendly and easy going, the session didn't last more than 5 minutes.

Good luck with your application but how did you know she’s easy going wink cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hello house. I have about 12.2m, I started counting yesterday. Will this money be enough for the bank statement required by the consulate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
Sweetkid:
Hello house. I have about 12.2m, I started counting yesterday. Will this money be enough for the bank statement required by the consulate?

Why cant you calculate it yourself... you have access to oanda and hands . grin

Different schools have different tuition fee so you best know what your tuition fee is then add living expenses and calculate based on oanda

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by freshprince24: 4:57pm On Sep 05, 2020
mattfeuter:

Good luck with your application but how did you know she’s easy going wink cheesy

Lol thanks. Because I tried to create a rapport immediately we started the session. Just basic stuff like how she's staying safe during this period and hope the application backlog isn't exhausting. We had a chat for about a minute before commencing the interview proper.

At the end of the day, the consular's are human like you and I, you just need to talk to them like you're talking to a friend you haven't seen in a while.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

Lol thanks. Because I tried to create a rapport immediately we started the session. Just basic stuff like how she's staying safe during this period and hope the application backlog isn't exhausting. We had a chat for about a minute before commencing the interview proper.

At the end of the day, the consular's are human like you and I, you just need to talk to them like you're talking to a friend you haven't seen in a while.

Way to go brodie! That’s the right approach. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2020
Online interview, right?

Celomomo:
About 7 minutes

Asked me;

If I feel fit and well before we start

Can you tell me your name, DOB and nationality

Which school am I going?

Did I consider other schools?

What are the modules of my course?

Have I completed other courses(degree)

What I have been doing since graduation

What are my future plans

Who's sponsoring me?

How much does he earn

How many dependents does he have?

If I understood the questions?

Asked if I'm still feeling fit and well after the interview.

Then we thanked each other

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

This is very dangerous actually and may work against an applicant. If you’re going to have a rapport with a visa officer, let them be the one to initiate that level of closeness and not you. In most cases, when you initiate the rapport, the visa officer would play along, but they’ve misinterpreted what you did: some would think you’re trying to gain favours, while some may also think you’re invading their privacy. When you’re Nigerian, the odds are even more against you... due to the “corruption” stereotype.

To be on the safe side, always keep it professional. Atleast until THEY make that switch. Just my 2 cents sha.

13 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

What if dem shock you?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
SamReinvented:

This is very dangerous actually and may work against an applicant. If you’re going to have a rapport with a visa officer, let them be the one to initiate that level of closeness and not you. In most cases, when you initiate the rapport, the visa officer would play along, but they’ve misinterpreted what you did: some would think you’re trying to gain favours, while some may also think you’re invading their privacy. When you’re Nigerian, the odds are even more against you... due to the “corruption” stereotype.

To be on the safe side, always keep it professional. Atleast until THEY make that switch. Just my 2 cents sha.

Surely this cant be right cheesy...... Ice breakers in any interview is a personal choice but very ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2020
Why don’t you pay using paga verve very swift
harsol:
Please someone help me. I'm having challenge paying my IHS fee using my naira mastercard, it keeps declining. Anyone experienced this, and how did you handle it?
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamReinvented: 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Surely this cant be right cheesy...... Ice breakers in any interview is a personal choice but very ok

Like I said. It’s just an advice. You can do you in your interview. No be me wan get visa, break ice away. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2020
Yes Sunderland university send a mail please
Harzhy:
Anybody going to Sunderland University for this September intake

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
LagosismyHome:

SamReinvented:

Like I said. It’s just an advice. You can do you in your interview. No be me wan get visa, break ice away. grin grin grin

Lol.
Depending on the type of interview.
If you are being interviewed for selection/recruitment purposes, displaying calm and engagement and composure can help you and tossing out icebreakers is part of that.
It can also make the interviewer decide to dig deeper to see if they can shake you. I've been guilty of that before grin

If you're being interviewed for another purpose, not necessarily so.
Both SamReinvented and Lagosismyhome are right.

Make una no panic the guy, abeg cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by freshprince24: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2020
SamReinvented:

My brother there's nothing dangerous about it. There's no point overthinking simple things. It's worked for me over and over again. Keeping things professional doesn't stop you from being courteous and showing your human side.

Do what works for you though. ������

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
zopyna:
Good day all .I must humbly appreciate everyone most especially mimilyrics,justwise et al.spare my write up ,cos it is going to be a bit long .I have a fiancee who is going to Ireland for her studies while myself I'm going to the UK .I heard republic of Ireland although not part of the UK is very close and part of EU.pls what Is the possibility of me , shuttling between the UK and Ireland to see my girl or she coming to the UK to visit me.i was seeing this as a good way of either both of us settling down in Ireland or the UK .Thanks

That will need a lot of commitment, time and money. I don't think student visa will do though, you will need to apply for visiting visa( i can't remember what its called).

You can go by ferry or flight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2020
The ferry to Dublin goes from somewhere in Wales. 3 hours or so.
There's a combined train and ferry ticket you can buy.
Or could.
Dublin is a lovely place, but quite expensive.

And you definitely need an Irish visa, the Common Travel Area is only for UK and Irish citizens and a few citizens of other countries holding visas- China and India, I think. As always, anytime any exemption is given to anything Nigeria no follow.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by zopyna(m): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2020
@justwice, mimilyrics and others thanks .u can see I made mistake of allowing her root for Ireland as I thought it would give us varied options.Its not like I ask a lot .I was told Wales is very close by my school representative here in Nigeria who also finished from my school .Is there anyway out of this cos my girl's visa will be out next week .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by adenike09: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hello my people,

I like to know, should I make hotel reservation for the first 2weeks and upload it on the TLS page alongside my other documents?

Is it necessary or should I leave it out?

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 7:38pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

My brother there's nothing dangerous about it. There's no point overthinking simple things. It's worked for me over and over again. Keeping things professional doesn't stop you from being courteous and showing your human side.

Do what works for you though. ������

You’re correct bro.

Eco is human, deputy high commission is human, even Boris Johnson is human.

Nothing wrong with what you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2020
Payment with paga verve has nothing to do with limits
Hubbysluv:
You can only pay your visa fees with paga. You cannot pay IHS with paga again because most banks have reduced their monthly limit

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2020
Pay with paga verve
harsol:
I'm still having problems paying for my IHS. Tried using Págà but yet to be upgraded. Please help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
Why don’t you try Sunderland university
Nollywoodlove:
Hello everyone, so after trying to get admission for masters degree to no avail (due to third class), I have decided to go for a 1 year top up degree at Teesside. I want to ask if this is a good decision? Is this type of degree regarded in the same level as normal bachelors degree in the UK's job market? Can one even tell the difference on the certificate given? Also, will I still be qualified for the new post study work permit through this degree? Please help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
mattfeuter:

You’re correct bro.

Eco is human, deputy high commission is human, even Boris Johnson is human.

Nothing wrong with what you did.

A lot of Brits would disagree very strongly and very profanely with you there. grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by badtempest: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

Same with me. He looked visibly tired and I asked if he was okay. He told me they were having a hard time and that they were short staffed. . . Thanked me for asking and all but guaranteed a good report indirectly. . . Praying the ECO sees same.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BESTOFIT: 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2020
SyberKate:
Good day house...
Please who has applied for Form A through GT Bank and how long did it take for your account to be debited.
Did mine just the other day and they were saying it could take a week or more and I'm sceptical that it shouldn't take that long.

So please who else has gone through gtbank form a application process

I paid my school fees deposit with form A via GTB July 9th but it took a week then. GTB charged me #502/£1 then. Relax it will be done but it might take time , especially now that it's scarce. Just notify your school that you have paid.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omah7979: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
Good evening guys, please I have a question to ask I am going to Sunderland university but will like to do my 2 weeks quarantine in London at a friends place before moving down to Sunderland

My question is this

1) Are they going to assign an official to always check up on you daily
2) what happens if I don’t pick my BRP from school within these two weeks
3)is it possible to quarantine in London before moving to Sunderland

Please someone should please reply
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BESTOFIT: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2020
freshprince24:

1 - Introducing myself.
2 - Why the UK
3 - Why the course
And Lastly

Congratulations in advance,... You will be given!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2020
Hello house,

I need clarification about traveling out to the UK and this covid 19 test.
Is it dependent on the country or the airline?
I’m traveling with BA and called their customer care and was told they only collect covid test result if the destination country requires it.
As at now, the UK hasn’t said anything on their site concerning that. It’s just to full the passenger locator form and self isolate for 14 days.

Please anyone with more information?

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.