Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093988 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2020
grin
mattfeuter:

Mimilyrics, do your thing sis grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2020
It's actually closer and easier to navigate from Law School bus stop.
Eromo10:

It’s not far from Eko Hotel roundabout. The venue is on the same street with Zenith Bank head office (Ajose Adeogun). It’s a walking distance from the roundabout. Just ask for IVIE HOUSE. On the other side of the road, there is Chicken Republic and Mama Cass restaurants.

From Obalende or CMS, you could get buses going to Eko Hotel roundabout.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2020
Passsegun:
Good afternoon to all the gurus in the house.

I got an email today from the home office to the effect that I would do a second interview via phone call.

Please, I would appreciate any information as to the likely questions they might ask especially from those who belong to this category or someone with helpful information.

Pls help a brother. Thanks

Which centre and what was your date of initial interview
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2020
No. Just found out about routes when I had to drive myself and once I use a particular route once, it sticks in my head.
omopapa:
U don drive Uber for naija before?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Passsegun: 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ikeja center.
18th August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:44pm On Sep 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2020
May I ask if this is your first time applying to the uk ?
Passsegun:

I got an email today from the home office to the effect that I would do a second interview via phone call.

Please, I would appreciate any information as to the likely questions they might ask especially from those who belong to this category or someone with helpful information.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eromo10: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
It's actually closer and easier to navigate from Law School bus stop.

No ooo... Law school is a different route entirely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iboboyswag(m): 12:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
Cyberknight:

I ordinarily wouldn't respond either, but so you don't mislead others, be aware that both France and Germany allow foreign students entry irrespective of where they come from, and, in Germany's case, as long as they are not purely online learners:

https://www.campusfrance.org/en/french-borders-to-reopen-gradually-for-international-students-from-july-1st

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-foreign-students-on-online-courses-are-denied-visas-to-germany/a-54567800

The French embassy in Nigeria has been issuing student visas.

If this is your truth, who am I?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Eromo10: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
From Egbeda, board a bus to Oshodi, from Oshodi, board another bus to Obalende but you might be lucky to get a direct Lekki-Ajah bus. From Obalende, board a bus to Lekki-Ajah, alight at Law school bus stop and walk backwards for 20 seconds towards Muri Okunola park. Don't cross, just turn left, walk for roughly 50-60 seconds before turning left again. Walk down for about 2 mins before turning right on church gate street. That street has TLS contact. It's not hard to miss because there is usually high traffic there, touts and applicants inclusive.

If you're driving, use 3rd mainland bridge. Take the exit that leads to Osborne, Ikoyi (that should be the 2nd exit, the 1st leads to sura). Just follow the road from Osborne Foreshore down to the bridge that connects VI and Lekki. Turn right once you come down the bridge (you will sight MTN office to your right from the top of the bridge) and drive onto Ozumba Mbadiwe, turn right into Adeyemo Alakija (just before law school bus stop; you should be able to see civic towers from before law school), then turn left into the street opposite Muri Okunola park (note that this is a one-way road), turn right and find a place to park. The touts will find parking space for you for a fee if you can't find one. TLS is on the left side of the street if you come in from law school.

This was their former office. They have moved away from this address. Ivie House at Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island is where there are presently.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:02pm On Sep 04, 2020
iboboyswag:

If this is your truth, who am I?

We all have our own truths, nwanne.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:04pm On Sep 04, 2020
Okay. I understand now.
Eromo10:

No ooo... Law school is a different route entirely.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sonarirok(f): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2020
Go down about 40 pages or more. You will find questions posted by mattfeuter.

Passsegun:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2020
Oh, okay. Thank you for the update. Eko Hotel bus stop is the closest to Ajose Adeogun so you're quite right. I'll take off my previous comment on the direction to avoid confusing anyone.
Eromo10:

This was their former office. They have moved away from this address. Ivie House at Ajose Adeogun, Victoria Island is where there are presently.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toysleek(f): 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2020
Passsegun:

Came across this by 'acevic'

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by covidia: 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
So basically this is what happens if your 1st interview is not so intense.
toysleek:

Came across this by 'acevic'
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by starboychan: 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
EU place ban on Nigeria, the student visa you're talking about is just exemption .

But in general, they ban Nigeria

Cyberknight:

The EU did not "ban" Nigeria.
Nigerians with student visas are still allowed entry.
And secondly, the EU has more options than Nigeria has when it comes to airline service.
Watch how fares go through the roof now that Nigeria has limited its options to just 3 main carriers. We need competition in our airline sector.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 1:50pm On Sep 04, 2020
I'm that the TLS Abuja

Just used the walk-in service.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dunnipie: 1:58pm On Sep 04, 2020
Please help to keep us in the know when earlier dates pops up for TLS Abuja.... Pleaseeeeeeee�
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by uk4sure20: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2020
I bought Dollar at N440 yesterday.

Capitalbase:
Good morning all
Please who knows how much aboki people sell Dollar, Euro and Pounds?
I need some urgently like now now.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2020
toyclicks:
Just passing by grin
nice one bro saw your post on Twitter congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joseph1960: 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2020
Sommylove5:

Which centre and what was your date of initial interview
check ur mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2020
lollymii:

For which course?

Msc Computing and Technology

I just tried to access the portal now without success. This is very serious. I hope they get is resolved soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nice wink

mimilyrics:
No. Just found out about routes when I had to drive myself and once I use a particular route once, it sticks in my head.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lucy11: 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2020
Passsegun:

when was your initial interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SamUchechi4(m): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2020
Good afternoon gurus in the house

I'm new here and will like to enquire about UK tier 4 visa application if its currently ongoing

Thanks � �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:27pm On Sep 04, 2020
Do you hold an admission offer from any UK university? If no, you'd need to apply and get accepted into a study programme before you apply for a T4 visa.

Also, T4 visas can be submitted anytime but this usually depends on your school's resumption and course start dates. Check the first page of the thread for more information; also schools usually provide information to guide their prospective students through the visa application process.
SamUchechi4:
Good afternoon gurus in the house

I'm new here and will like to enquire about UK tier 4 visa application if its currently ongoing

Thanks � �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2020
Show off!! Lol!

But that's a mighty awesome test score! Congrats! Is it academic or general test?

toyclicks:
Just passing by grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nollywoodlove(f): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
mattfeuter:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes cheesy
Really? Wow Thanks.

mrpudikin:

Hi i also have a third class and I understand what its like to keep getting them rejections cus of the degree but notwithstanding it doesnt mean you cant get an MSc. I tried going for a 1 year premasters program in the UK last year but did not have funds to push for it, funny ting i applied to the same school this year and got admitted for the same MSc program i intended to do pgD for.
Also ive had MSc admissions in 2 other countries. Its cool you want to do a Post graddip but still if you wish you cud still try other places in case you get accepted. Whichever way im proud of yr effort to push on.
Thank you very much for your response. It seems like you're confusing my question though. I'm not going for a premasters or a pgD. It's a top-up program, which is supposed to certify me with a complete bachelors degree. As against trying hundreds of university to get lucky with masters, I am very fine with this arrangement. It is just for one year (so no finances problem as I don't have to get into masters afterwards), and it would give me the opportunity to drop the "third class" shadow which would otherwise always hover around my credentials`and may still affect future opportunities.

I just want to be sure if this topup is as it is described, and there's no hidden consequences. I believe that if I'd be given the same certificate as those who did full 3 years, no employer would be able to distinguish anyway, so that should prevent even the prejudiced ones from acting on their prejudice. But if there's something that indicates "top-up" on the certificate, it may pose a challenge. So I want to be sure of what I'm getting into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
You'd get the same certificate as a student on the 3 year program would.
Nollywoodlove:

Really? Wow Thanks.

Thank you very much for your response. It seems like you're confusing my question though. I'm not going for a premasters or a pgD. It's a top-up program, which is supposed to certify me with a complete bachelors degree. As against trying hundreds of university to get lucky with masters, I am very fine with this arrangement. It is just for one year (so no finances problem as I don't have to get into masters afterwards), and it would give me the opportunity to drop the "third class" shadow which would otherwise always hover around my credentials`and may still affect future opportunities.

I just want to be sure if this topup is as it is described, and there's no hidden consequences. I believe that if I'd be given the same certificate as those who did full 3 years, no employer would be able to distinguish anyway, so that should prevent even the prejudiced ones from acting on their prejudice. But if there's something that indicates "top-up" on the certificate, it may pose a challenge. So I want to be sure of what I'm getting into.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2020
Passsegun:

Oh, you're here as well, I thought I answered this on the main UK visa thread.

In any case, I would think that you have to be prepared for questions dealing with your own particular circumstances.

A relation of mine who I helped with this got the "not straightforward" email, and in that case they hammered on finances and source of funds, where did your money come from, why are you investing this much in a UK degree, etc. And I saw someone up above who said something about a second interview in which they were asking someone why he was going back to school now, considering his age and all that.

So I don't necessarily think your previous refusals have anything to do with the second interview request unless there was anything related to any of them that is noteworthy. If not, you go over your other circumstances and determine if there's anything there noteworthy (your funds, source, etc.) and if not, get ready for the general questions about why this school really, why this course really, why the UK, how is this going to help your career in future, what is your current occupation and how is it related, and all that stuff.

And, as someone else said, don't memorise stuff, just speak calmly and let the truth out. These guys get the same training border agents and policemen get when it comes to recognising the obvious telltale signs of truthtelling and lying.

Best of luck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Benediktejike:

Check abokifx.com

Thanks a lot bro.

Best Regards

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.