Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091265 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 1:09am On May 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Drink water dear.
All work and no play makes jack a dunso.
Nairalanders too like to take things serious & to heart, hence “arguments”.

Shey you got admitted with your HND & we congratulated you? Did the argument cover your shine or testimony? No.

Relax

How does it correlate?

People are here to learn from people’s experiences or ask questions.

Personally I love to joke alot. But the arguments on this thread since yesterday is not a joke. There’s huge difference between joke and argument
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 1:34am On May 17, 2020
Tolextonia:

Do you have issues with hosey? Why are you not understanding her simple English? There’s nothing bad in what she said. Please do not derail this thread abeg. I’m getting tired of all the arguments on this thread since yesterday

Problem with Hosey?
What are you even talking about?

Is it wrong to advise Nairalanders to disregard incorrect advise and statements?

Tolextonia: in case you missed it. Hosey provided incorrect advise (he said IELTS for UK is waste of money). told him it’s incorrect. I told him that Skymoore1004 already provided the correct information to the OP. Does that sound to you like me having any problem with ‘her’?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:37am On May 17, 2020
Tolextonia:

Do you have issues with hosey? Why are you not understanding her simple English? There’s nothing bad in what she said. Please do not derail this thread abeg. I’m getting tired of all the arguments on this thread since yesterday

Bro. There are so many trolls in this section.

They dont like hearing the truth and will go all the way to check your previous posts in unrelated nairaland threads to bring you down supported by their respective different cliques and their fake accounts.

But no matter what, the truth will prevail and no one can stand me. Thank you for also sharing that HND graduates can do Masters directly in SHU.

With your info, you have saved prospective Nigerian third class and HND graduates that would have wasted their money on postgraduate diploma, top up or pre Masters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 1:45am On May 17, 2020
hosey:

They dont like hearing the truth and will go all the way to check your previous posts in unrelated nairaland threads to bring you down supported by their respective different cliques and their fake accounts.

But no matter what, the truth will prevail and no one can stand me. Thank you for also sharing that HND graduates can do Masters directly in SHU.

With your info, you have saved prospective Nigerian third class and HND graduates that would have wasted their money on postgraduate diploma, top up or pre Masters.

It is late.
Just go and try catch some sleep.
You provided the wrong information.
You claimed IELTS is waste of money.
That is incorrect.
Some courses require IELTS.
Writing IELTS to get into those courses is not waste of money.

Stop misleading people.

You must not comment on every post.
OP asked a question.
Skymoore1004 provided the best answer which has completely put it to rest.
You came with your own answer, which is incorrect.
I pointed it out to you.
You started arguing and writing big big grammar.

Just go to sleep. It’s late in night.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:46am On May 17, 2020
Well welcome to Nairaland, you will get used to it eh? Just jump past the “arguments” as you call it & learn what you can. This is an open forum
Tolextonia:

How does it correlate?

People are here to learn from people’s experiences or ask questions.

Personally I love to joke alot. But the arguments on this thread since yesterday is not a joke. There’s huge difference between joke and argument
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:51am On May 17, 2020
Not everyone can be saved o grin. No be everyone get relevant work experience but you’re right. It’s better to try for the Msc first & see what you can be offered, than conclude for PGD/TopUp

hosey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:52am On May 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Not everyone can be saved o grin. No be everyone get relevant work experience but you’re right. It’s better to try for the Msc first & see what you can be offered, than conclude for PGD/TopUp

Yes bro

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 1:54am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:

It is late.
Just go and try catch some sleep.
You provided the wrong information.
You claimed IELTS is waste of money.
That is incorrect.
Some courses require IELTS.
Writing IELTS to get into those courses is not waste of money.

Stop misleading people.

You must not comment on every post.
OP asked a question.
Skymoore1004 provided the best answer which has completely put it to rest.
You came with your own answer, which is incorrect.
I pointed it out to you.
You started arguing and writing big big grammar.

Just go to sleep. It’s late in night.
It seems you are looking for who to argue with to put yourself in the limelight.

This is the last time I will reply you on this matter.

What Skymoore1004 and I said are similar. Go back and read it again word for word.

IELTS is a waste of money when there are cheaper options you can take. And I mentioned the cheaper options. No one mentioned IELTS is worthless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 1:59am On May 17, 2020
@hosey & laajiblik is okay guys wink smiley cool

1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 2:23am On May 17, 2020
hosey:

It seems you are looking for who to argue with to put yourself in the limelight.

This is the last time I will reply you on this matter.

What Skymoore1004 and I said are similar. Go back and read it again word for word.

IELTS is a waste of money when there are cheaper options you can take. And I mentioned the cheaper options. No one mentioned IELTS is worthless.

I give up on you.
It’s either you are too thick to know that you were wrong, or you are to proud to admit that you goofed.

You want to sound intelligent. No one will stop you.
But do not provide wrong information.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:32am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:

I give up on you.
It’s either you are too thick to know that you were wrong, or you are to proud to admit that you goofed.

You want to sound intelligent. No one will stop you.
But do not provide wrong information.

It was an open question the op asked why are people on the thread not writing the exam is it because its expensive and three people give different views that it was expensive but horsey saying its a waste of money doesn't mean the op should not write or read for the exam. Horsey further asked about his school for further clarification.

The op did not state whether he wants to write or not but he was just reading for the exam. People gave their views on ielts.

You can also share your view on the exam too.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 8:10am On May 17, 2020
I see no reason why this is turning to an issue. In my opinion, I think it’s all about preference, I personally wouldn’t write IELTS because a school needs it as there are tons of unis that’ll accept your WAEC/ Neco while some unis will ask you for it.

To me, it’s like paying to apply through UCAS when you can directly apply to a lot of universities.

So in this case, everybody is right , ielts is not compulsory for all schools but that doesn’t mean it is a waste of money. It just depends on the individual and the school you wish to attend.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phayie(m): 8:12am On May 17, 2020
Some ppl just like to create unnecessary argument. Yes I also agree writing IELTS is a waste of money. If sch A require IELTS and sch B doesn't, why not choose B instead of A

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:27am On May 17, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

It was an open question the op asked why are people on the thread not writing the exam is it because its expensive and three people give different views that it was expensive but horsey saying its a waste of money doesn't mean the op should not write or read for the exam. Horsey further asked about his school for further clarification.

The op did not state whether he wants to write or not but he was just reading for the exam. People gave their views on ielts.

You can also share your uview on the exam too.

My sister. NO.
That was no what the OP asked.
Kindly go back, read what was asked. Read Skymoore1004’s answer. Compare it with Hosey’s answer and see who between the two provided a misleading answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
Phayie:
Some ppl just like to create unnecessary argument. Yes I also agree writing IELTS is a waste of money. If sch A require IELTS and sch B doesn't, why not choose B instead of A

The essence of this thread is to provide factual information.

If a question is asked, and a correct, factual answer has been provided. That should be ok.

You are making it look as though IELTS is the only factor candidates consider when selecting a school or a course.

Why would a candidate chose B, rather A just because of IELTS? What about the School?
Location? Course etc....?
Simply provide answers without saying one is waste of time because it’s not.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:34am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:

My sister. NO.
That was no what the OP asked.
Kindly go back, read what was asked. Read Skymoore1004’s answer. Compare it with Hosey’s answer and see who between the two provides a misleading answer.

Was it Skymoore1004 that asked the question or another person? Or did Skymoore1004 share his view on the exam?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:43am On May 17, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Was it Skymoore1004 that asked the question or another person? Or did Skymoore1004 share his view on the exam?

Somebody asked the question.
It was a very specific.
Skymoore1004 gave an accurate, factual and balanced reply.
Rather than answer another person’s question, or simply waka pass, Hosey now provided a misleading answer (without any consideration of the OP’s unique circumstances) by claiming that IELTS is waste of money. Then went ahead to ask the OP to give him the name of the school so that he will check for the OP. (As though he maintains a database of all UK schools, courses and their requirements).
My point was: why not simply make do with SkyMoore’s answer? since that was the best answer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:44am On May 17, 2020
The way some of you argue is really embarrassing seriously. Ordinary Ielts exams o.

The person that asked the question since yesterday morning has gotten what he/she wanted but you want to turn the thread to something else based on peoples views.

you don't even care if the person has gotten the answer he/she wanted.

By now you should know that all ielts centers are closed and schools are setting up their own online English test so it depends on the person and his/her choice of school.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LaaJiblik: 9:47am On May 17, 2020
Aprokodaughter:
The way some of you argue is really embarrassing seriously. Ordinary Ielts exams o.

The person that asked the question since yesterday morning has gotten what he/she wanted but you want to turn the thread to something else based on peoples views.

you don't even care if the person has gotten the answer he/she wanted.

By now you should know that all ielts centers are closed and schools are setting up their own online English test so it depends on the person and his/her choice of school.

Look at the bolded?
That is enough and accurate and factual. That is Bae.

That is the proper way to answer someone’s question. Not to simply jump in to say it’s waste of time when you do not know the persons school choice or course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:49am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Somebody asked the question.
It was a very specific.
Skymoore1004 gave an accurate, factual and balanced reply.
Rather than answer another person’s question, or simply waka pass, Hosey now provided a misleading answer (without any consideration of the OP’s unique circumstances) by claiming that IELTS is waste of money. Then went ahead to ask the OP to give him the name of the school so that he will check for the OP. (As though he maintains a database of all UK schools, courses and their requirements).
My point was: why not simply make do with SkyMoore’s answer? since that was the best answer?

Simple as what? Hope you know IELTS centers are close so what is the issue here.

Did the person complain that he did not understand Horsey or Skymoore1004 views? or that he/she doesn't have a mind of their own? We need to understand your argument.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:54am On May 17, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Look at the bolded?
That is enough and accurate and factual. That is Bae.

That is the proper way to answer someone’s question. Not to simply jump in to say it’s waste of time when you do not know the persons school choice or course.

Madam what is your argument since you Want to detail the thread lets go.

Waste of money in this situation literally means its expensive and there are other alternatives. Haba nah you should understand these things.

Somebody shouldn't be explaining this to you nah please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:18am On May 17, 2020
Okay people of God, let’s wrap it up please.

Both Laajiblik and Hosey were right in their own perspectives. IELTS is not a waste of money if you can afford it, as you can use it for other purposes aside U.K. visa. It aids it securing scholarships in both the U.K. and other countries. It also aids in certain job applications too (if you’re applying to big international organisations where adequate English proficiency is a requirement).

However if you’re only interested in securing an admission and processing your U.K. visa, then you should rather use an alternative which can be WAEC or NECO or Letter of Studies in English.
From Hosey’s point of view, it will be a waste of almost 100k if you can get going with the substitutes but still decide to write it for the same exact purpose.

It’s okay, we’ve all gotten your various points.
A whole page has been derailed with this topic but let’s move on.

Happy Sunday people

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 10:40am On May 17, 2020
Please i am changing my school due to circumstances beyond my control. I have checked quite a number of other schools, though I have a conditional offer from RGU and Coventry which was my first choice. I want a school in England. University of Huddersfield appeals to me, though I'm not really comfortable with their modules but I can make do with it.

I have read quite a number of different views online about the school but I would love to hear you guys thoughts, possiblity of getting student jobs, the city life, and just any other useful information anyone has. If you have other suggestions on schools too, I wouldn't mind.

Thanks for all your contributions in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by POP2CECI: 10:43am On May 17, 2020
Good morning Fam,

I’m looking forward to applying for M.Sc in Data Science/Data Analytics in UK for September 2020 session. Kindly assist with universities with full tuition waiver for First class graduates. From my research I got to know about Sheffield Hallam University with 50% tuition waiver and University of Westminster with full tuition waiver.

But your experience will go a long way to get more schools. Kindly assist fam.

Cc: STENON and all other bosses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:37am On May 17, 2020
UK is really strict when it comes to some rules.
1. 2017 Myself and a Friend applied for same scholarship, same course and same university in Scotland.

GPA... Requirements was first class, Yes, we both met the requirement and My GPA was higher than his own.

Work experience... We both worked at same place and at same time. Same HOD wrote reference letter for us.

SOP : Both wrote different things but with the same ideas.

Scholarship essays: We both proofread for ourselves.

English language requirement : We submitted same WAEC results. Towards the end, The school requested for IELTS, he registered and wrote IELTS, I said No, because Nigeria is known as an English speaking country and I didn't even have money for it.

After IELTS , he sent his results....
One month later he was shortlisted for the scholarship and now done with MSc fully funded scholarship in UK.

Again, He applied for PhD last year for a fully funded studentship again and he got it. According to him, he said the IELTS was an extra factor for him because he was competing with people of same profiles.

2. Another Nigerian friend applied for MSc nursing at GCU for September 2020. The admission was conditional with IELTS and school fees is £13,500, I said NO, she should just upload her WAEC results with B grade in English, but the school rejected it. She collected another letter from her university stating that she was taught in English language, GCU still rejected it. She applied for same course at Dundee, Dundee gave her admission but the course was for 3 years meaning she has to pay £18,150 tuition fees for 3 years , but GCU is just 2 years for MSc nursing but conditional on IELTS.

Please kindly choose the best option for her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:40am On May 17, 2020
POP2CECI:
Good morning Fam,

I’m looking forward to applying for M.Sc in Data Science/Data Analytics in UK for September 2020 session. Kindly assist with universities with full tuition waiver for First class graduates. From my research I got to know about Sheffield Hallam University with 50% tuition waiver and University of Westminster with full tuition waiver.

But your experience will go a long way to get more schools. Kindly assist fam.

Cc: STENON and all other bosses.
Have you submitted an application to the two schools mentioned? Though most deadlines have passed. But you can still try University of Glasgow and University of East Anglia.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TrumpsWall: 11:41am On May 17, 2020
Nice summary!

So in essence, Hosey is right since this forum is strictly admission and guide to processing of UK Visa. To me, it's not just a waste of money but a bloody waste of time but wetin I know smiley

Skymoore1004:
Okay people of God, let’s wrap it up please.

Both Laajiblik and Hosey were right in their own perspectives. IELTS is not a waste of money if you can afford it, as you can use it for other purposes aside U.K. visa. It aids it securing scholarships in both the U.K. and other countries. It also aids in certain job applications too (if you’re applying to big international organisations where adequate English proficiency is a requirement).

However[b] if you’re only interested in securing an admission and processing your U.K. visa[/b], then you should rather use an alternative which can be WAEC or NECO or Letter of Studies in English.
From Hosey’s point of view, it will be a waste of almost 100k if you can get going with the substitutes but still decide to write it for the same exact purpose.

It’s okay, we’ve all gotten your various points.
A whole page has been derailed with this topic but let’s move on.

Happy Sunday people

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by POP2CECI: 11:43am On May 17, 2020
STENON:
Have you submitted an application to the two schools mentioned? Though most deadlines have passed. But you can still try University of Glasgow and University of East Anglia.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I've submitted to the two schools. I will check out Glasgow and East Anglia today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 11:46am On May 17, 2020
I see no question in your first scenario.
Better for your friend to write IELTS (It also helps with other fully funded opportunities) and go with GCU since it seems it's where she really wants to study at plus the fact that the course duration is shorter at 2 years instead of 3 years and with lower fees than Dundee. IELTS fee (circa £150-200) is less than the difference of £4,650 in the tuition of both universities.
STENON:
1. 2017 Myself and a Friend applied for same scholarship, same course and same university in Scotland.

GPA... Requirements was first class, Yes, we both met the requirement and My GPA was higher than his own.

Work experience... We both worked at same place and at same time. Same HOD wrote reference letter for us.

English language requirement : We submitted same WAEC results. Towards the end, The school requested for IELTS, he registered and wrote IELTS, I said No, because Nigeria is known as an English speaking country and I didn't even have money for it.

One month later he was shortlisted for the scholarship and now done with MSc fully funded scholarship in UK.

Again, He applied for PhD last year for a fully funded studentship again and he got it. According to him, he said the IELTS was an extra factor for him because he was competing with people of same profiles.

2. Another Nigerian friend applied for MSc nursing at GCU for September 2020. The admission was conditional with IELTS and school fees is £13,500, I said NO, she should just upload her WAEC results with B grade in English, but the school rejected it. She collected another letter from her university stating that she was taught in English language, GCU still rejected it. She applied for same course at Dundee, Dundee gave her admission but the course was for 3 years meaning she has to pay £18,150 tuition fees for 3 years , but GCU is just 2 years for MSc nursing but conditional on IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:55am On May 17, 2020
STENON:

In my opinion she should go to GCU, its better to pay for ielts exams or the school english test exam except she has the money to pay for the 3 years.

GCU was my first choice o cry they have refused to answer me since February decided to firm another school in England. cry cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 11:57am On May 17, 2020
POP2CECI:

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I've submitted to the two schools. I will check out Glasgow and East Anglia today.
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/fees-funding/masters-funding/development-trust-africa-scholarships/

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.