Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1097536 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2020
27th applicants any show?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2020
A 26th of august Person had this email today so I think everyone should just prepare for a second interview just incase.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2020
QueensRoad1:
A 26th of august Person had this email today so I think everyone should just prepare for a second interview just incase.

Image is not attaching but they emailed and told her she has an interview today by 11
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gaspet: 10:36am On Sep 15, 2020
It should be ready by now already since you applied for priority visa

Tohlah1:
Someone should help me out please with the 5working days counting for priority visa. Biometric was done on the 8th of September. Should I begin to count from Tuesday d 8 of September or from Wednesday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jumiebabs: 10:37am On Sep 15, 2020
Pls for those that received a call for a phone interview. Was the call initiated with an international or local number?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2020
They annoying thing is the have rescheduled me twice for 2nd interview yet they are not calling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 10:45am On Sep 15, 2020
Jumiebabs:
Pls for those that received a call for a phone interview. Was the call initiated with an international or local number?

Co ask oooo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2020
Youngee34:
That is my point exactly.
It's really strange.
I'm even considering putting a call through.
Who knows, the issue might be from TLs

No. Those who submitted from last week are been handled by UKVI Pretoria while those of you who submitted last month are going through the previous process. Things have changed now. Just be patient

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2020
[quote author=deph post=93939567]I just got mail now that decision has been made on my visa... My tension very high... Waiting for DHL delivery... .. Biometrics was on 7th Sept...
God, please this work for us....[/quokte] pls where you interviewed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 10:47am On Sep 15, 2020
For some reason I can’t attach an image but this is the number that called a friend her Interview was an hour.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2020
Hello, is there anyone who Didn’t get called for an interview and has gotten a positive response?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iphie1984: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2020
liliberth:
They annoying thing is the have rescheduled me twice for 2nd interview yet they are not calling.
Babe dont worry they will call u, I did mine today at Iakeja VAC. No interview just biometrics. Fingers cross. Waiting to share the good news with the house.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:08am On Sep 15, 2020
Alright guys

Visa Approved
Here is my TL

Started this journey last year December
Initially chose Management as course of study.
I later remembered that NL was an info hub.
Got on this thread an d mentioned my course choice.
Some folks came up here and told me that I should not waste my money with that course that it is like going for a one year holiday in the UK at the cost of almost 10M investment. Rather I was advised to check the shortage list or choose anything related to IT. I wanted to settle for MIIT as it was an option that merged management with IT.
During this period, my Uni posted that they were going to start Fintech this 2020 sept session. I checked the course, it sited me excellently and it didn`t take long before I fell in love with it.
Course changed from Management to Fintech. Everything went smoothly but CAS was dragging and the wait was tiring. They finally told me CAS was gonna be ready one day. Later in the afternoon same day, School rep called me that he`s got a sad news. School can`t continue with Fintech for reasos beyond their control. CAS landed same day carrying FinTech as my course of study.
I reverted back to my MIIT jeje.
School took 2-3 days to effect change of course on UKVI

Submitted application on 28th of Aug
Made mistake on one of my parent`s DOB gave 3rd instead of 5th( I decided to leave it like that)
Got 14th Sept appointment date
Walk in - Monday 7th Sept. (They stopped face-to-face interview that day) so no interveiw
Bio metrics done same 7th Sept
Application transferred to DMC - 8th sept
Application received by DMC – 8th September
Application transferred back to VAC 10th September
Received this mail on 11th morning
Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria
Application received by VAC 11th afternoon
Received mail to come for pick up a few minutes before 4pm on Friday 11th
Couldn’t concentrate on anything through the weekend
Picked up Passport on Monday morning 14th Sept that was initially supposed to be my scheduled interview date.
NB : I did no interview eventually neither face-to-face nor phone call.
It wasn’t a priority Visa, I only did walk in to bring interview date forward.

I rather subscribed to Abba’s Super priority and Super favour. Fortunately, He doesn’t have the capability to shame His own

Btw, special thanks to @Mimilyrics, too much of a darling, She literally got me to mail my SOP to her and did a thorough editing and fine tuning. See ehn, I leave holyspirit to do the prayer for you. You are loved.
This family has been invaluable. God bless @Seun Osewa

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:16am On Sep 15, 2020
Jumiebabs:

It looks local, but is not.
You can't call it back; when you try to it says number not existing.
I think one was a 090.... number. It's an internet telephony service, I would assume.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2020
But yet to get a mail
Gaspet:
It should be ready by now already since you applied for priority visa

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2020
After 28 days actually, they will pass it back to the issuing office. A guy in front of me had tis issue when I went to collect mine. His Visa had been ready just before Covid

mattfeuter:

You have to find a way to pick it up otherwise,

After 3 months , TLS will send your passport to the Immigration headquarters in Abuja.

The choice is yours. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ralphtamtobi: 11:22am On Sep 15, 2020
It is safe to say, those that did their biometrics from 7th of September, that didn't get a call or a non-straightforward mail, and gets a mail that a decision has been made on your visa, is always a positive results. From the testimonies we are seeing flying all over.

toyclicks:
Alright guys

Visa Approved
Here is my TL

Some folks came up here and told me that I should not waste my money with that course that it is like going for a one year holiday in the UK at the cost of almost 10M investment. Rather I was advised to check the shortage list or choose anything related to IT. I wanted to settle for MIIT as it was an option that merged management with IT.
During this period, my Uni posted that they were going to start Fintech this 2020 sept session. I checked the course, it sited me excellently and it didn`t take long before I fell in love with it.
Course changed from Management to Fintech. Everything went smoothly but CAS was dragging and the wait was tiring. They finally told me CAS was gonna be ready one day. Later in the afternoon same day, School rep called me that he`s got a sad news. School can`t continue with Fintech for reasos beyond their control. CAS landed same day carrying FinTech as my course of study.

Made mistake on one of my parent`s DOB gave 3rd instead of 5th( I decided to leave it like that)
Walk in - Monday 7th Sept. (They stopped face-to-face interview that day) so no interveiw
Please be advised that a decision was made on your visa application today. Your documents and visa decision will now be returned by commercial courier to the visa application centre where you applied (unless you paid for the courier fee in which case it will be returned directly to you). This can take a few days and be subject to unforeseen delays so please wait for the visa application centre to advise you when your documents and decision are ready for collection.

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria
Picked up Passport on Monday morning 14th Sept that was initially supposed to be my scheduled interview date.

I rather subscribed to Abba’s Super priority and Super favour. Fortunately, He doesn’t have the capability to shame His own

Btw, special thanks to @Mimilyrics, too much of a darling, She literally got me to mail my SOP to her and did a thorough editing and fine tuning. See ehn, I leave holyspirit to do the prayer for you. You are loved.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by arhyur(f): 11:28am On Sep 15, 2020
25th 26th 27th people, God no go shame us oo grin

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 11:34am On Sep 15, 2020
Clarine:

No. Those who submitted from last week are been handled by UKVI Pretoria while those of you who submitted last month are going through the previous process. Things have changed now. Just be patient
wooah, do you know why the change? Would the Pretoria be used henceforth?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by amaeve(f): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2020
Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

Congratulations, God never fails. He is truly awesome.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by emyboy94: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2020
Congrats once again!
Didn't see that advice you got on time. Already applied and waiting for Visa decision for International Management course. God dey sha

toyclicks:
Alright guys

Visa Approved
Here is my TL

Regards,
UKVI Pretoria

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2020
naledis:

Call wakanow or send them a DM on instagram. It’s the student fare and I booked mine for N214,000 this morning for Lagos to London. The student fare is only available for London, Toronto and Newyork destinations. If your arrival city is outside London, the student fare won’t apply

So I just got off the phone with Wakanow. the lady told me the promo on BA flights is for those under the ages of 30
so I am disqualified.

For the promo, the slots per day are limited. so if the slot for the day you intend to fly is finished, you will need to choose another date that still has available slots

Anyways Emirate was a good deal 252k, 2 hrs stop over in Dubai.

She also mention that C-19 test was compulsory including for BA travellers as it is an FG requirement and not just by airline requirement. So @naledis, you are right

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jumiebabs: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2020
I missed a call from a 0704 number. I tried to call back, the response was that I can’t call this number. I didn’t get any mail for telephone interview. No non straightforward email. Today makes it 15 days.

TheGuyFromHR:

It looks local, but is not.
You can't call it back; when you try to it says number not existing.
I think one was a 090.... number. It's an internet telephony service, I would assume.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2020
I think the thing was that they started routing DMC through Pretoria that day and probably Pretoria has less work load. My tots though

ralphtamtobi:
It is safe to say, those that did their biometrics from 7th of September, that didn't get a call or a non-straightforward mail, and gets a mail that a decision has been made on your visa, is always a positive results. From the testimonies we are seeing flying all over.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by tanimofe: 11:47am On Sep 15, 2020
AMEN ooo
arhyur:
25th 26th 27th people, God no go shame us oo grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 11:48am On Sep 15, 2020
Just a quick one guys. Has anyone been able to get PTA (personal travel allowance) from his or her bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:49am On Sep 15, 2020
It's nothing to worry about ooo and pls don't let that demoralise you in anyway. Further insights I have gotten makes it clear that on the long run, its not about what you get, but rather what you do with what you get. In all your getting, make sure you accumulate experience in your field of interest. I gather that's what gives the edge. Btw, nothing stops you from adding short term professional courses in your related field too.

Ultimately, NEVER OVERRULE THE GOD FACTOR. THAT ALONE OVERRULES EVERYTHING

emyboy94:
Congrats once again!
Didn't see that advice you got on time. Already applied and waiting for Visa decision for International Management course. God dey sha

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2020
I learnt PTAs are only made available for return tickets

pittoilet:
Just a quick one guys. Has anyone been able to get PTA (personal travel allowance) from his or her bank?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by asatin007: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2020
toyclicks:
I learnt PTAs are only made available for return tickets

I sent you a mail yesterday. Please check your mail @toycliks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 11:56am On Sep 15, 2020
Congratulations to you @toyclicks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thanks

PtBlank:
Congratulations to you @toyclicks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2020
Ok I will check

asatin007:

I sent you a mail yesterday. Please check your mail @toycliks

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.