Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,860 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087745 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2020
Thanks ChicFashion and mamacajah for insights into social works
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 8:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
LagosismyHome:
Thanks ChicFashion and mamacajah for insights into social works
You are welcome.. I answered from the perspctive of someone in nigeria applying to get social work in UK..
but like has been said, it's easier to get a job after completing a Social work program in the UK..
A lot of social work students who just graduated already got jobs offer during this pandemic...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2020
excellence235:

Exactly! This is why I am asking. Cos it’s like Nigeria isn’t sure of what they want. Plus, you can’t trust airport officials. Small power like this and they’ll become gods

You know exactly how it goes. I did ask an airport official and he said airport authorities are asking departing passengers for test results. It sounds ridiculous but looks like we have to give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s. Would have just been nice to not spend an avoidable N50,400

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Kinkwin: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
Hi just wise and everyone

I did a walk in September 8th at Ikeja centre and I am tracking it and it’s still at DMC. I am going for MSC at Middlesex university and I just got an email from the school visa compliance officer quoting this :

“ Following up on the CAS letter that we issued for you to study the programme, we would like to get an update on your recent Tier 4 (General) student visa application.

Our records show that the decision has been made on your visa application and you are one step closer to starting your degree. This is great!

If you have already received your visa from the embassy confirming your visa application was successful, please let us know and I will update your records. This will help with your induction later in September.

If you received a visa refusal, please inform us as a matter of urgency! It is very important that we are aware of this and can advise you on your next steps. In order to help you with the next steps, we need to see a copy of your visa refusal letter. Please don’t forget to attach when you email us back.

My question here is that do the UKVI tell the school when a decision is made ? Or it’s a generic email even if you were given the visa or refused the visa.

Thank you all for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ChicFashion(f): 8:16pm On Sep 14, 2020
Social work is a regulated profession in the UK, so unless you are registered practioner ( with Social Work England), you cant get a job over there from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iphie1984: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
mamacajah:

You are welcome..
it is well.. mine is on Thursday.. I pray it goes well also
AMEN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cdaniel: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please when did you get the non straightforward email?
Jaylap:
Phone interview after non straight forward mail.
Biometrics and Interview was on Aug 26.
I’m waiting for them tomorrow�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Jaylap: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
I got non straight forward email this morning and phone interview email in the afternoon.
cdaniel:
Please when did you get the non straightforward email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Finally it has ended in praise for me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Timel line
Application Date: 18th August 2020
Biometrics Date (Walk-in VI Centre): 20th August 2020
1st Interview (At TLS Contact): 20th August 2020
Received mail from visa office on 3rrd September that application not straight forward ( undecided Still wondering what that means)
2nd Interview (Phone call): 8th September 2020
Passport collection mail: 11th September 2020
Passport Collected: 14th September 2020

I don't really know how to write much but I will give a download of my journey so far.

Decision to study came in April after a month in lock down. I just told myself that I must achieve something during this lockdown. So the inspiration came to me to look into studying in the UK. I asked here about nursing and someone advised that I go for post graduate degree in adult nursing. Lo and behold, I started contacting schools, but one of the school agents was very frank with me that I am not likely going to get a place in Nursing, due to the fact that my degree was in ccomputer-mathematics and the class of degree was not fantastic, coupled with the fact that I don't really have an experience in the care sector.
So I came to a conclusion that since I am a teacher, why not try to further my career in teaching. So I started looking into teacher training in the UK. I applied to about six schools through UCAS TT, was rejected by 5 schools. the last school decided to consider me for interview.
It was during the interview that grace started speaking for me. I was offered a place in PGCE primary with maths. Na so the journey began...
part of the conditions to be met was GCSE equivalence in English. This was because my degree was over 10 years. I started studying for this exam, and I finally wrote the exam and passed. So my conditional offer turned unconditional, after meeting other conditions like the occupational health check and police report.
Now to CAS application - another struggle entirely...
After passing the pre-CAS interview, the CAS refused to come. Therefore, after disturbing their international office, they linked me up with one of their agents that deal with their Nigerian students. This agent was very helpful. He practically had to start disturbing the CAS team in order to get my CAS, which later came out by August 14.
After submitting application on line on 18th August, to now get appointment for biometrics was difficult, but I later got for 30th September; for a course that will start 2nd September.
Well I went for walk-in as advised by the agent (20th August).
That day was not it at all (shake my head). The attendants just decided not to take walk in again (after travelling all the way down to Lagos only to be told no walk-in again). Come and see as I dey pray ehn.
Long story short sha... they decided to be asking for resumption date and date of appointment. I just shouted "my resumption date is 2nd September." They asked for my CAS, which I showed them, and also my appointment date.
I was now allowed with another guy whose resumption was 7th September.
My interview there was brief, was asked just 4 questions, and that was all.
Fastforward (two weeks later)...
3rd September - Deferred – complex mail. Whatever that means.
As if that was not all, I just received a call from the home office Tuesday morning asking for another interview (see me see wahala) - after asking my school to extend my enrolment deadline; classes had started and annoyingly I couldn't access the course materials because I was not enroled due to the fact that I don't have a visa.
We sha had the interview. The interviewer asked me about 12 questions, ranging fro why I chose the course, to how I got the funds, my current job, my hubby's job, my relatives in the UK, what they do, their status, my future plans, how I would go about it, and so on.
Omo come and see panicking and nervousness. The interview actually threw me off balance.
When the passport collection mail dropped, my heart just skipped at that moment cos I didn't know what to think again.
I didn't even believe I would be granted, even while collecting my passport until I saw the acccompanying letter.
Above all, it has ended in praise for me.

All glory, honour and adoration belong to GOD ALMIGHTY. No one can share His glory

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2020
Please o I want to tavel this Friday, do I have to do a COVID 19 test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
Yemsot:
First of all congrats! I love your testimony and your tenacity..omo this schol mata don make soldiers of plenty people hehehe grin
which airline are you flying with? that would determine if you need the test or not..
wish you all the best in your journey!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
naledis:

You know exactly how it goes. I did ask an airport official and he said airport authorities are asking departing passengers for test results. It sounds ridiculous but looks like we have to give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s. Would have just been nice to not spend an avoidable N50,400

Like seriously o. But to avoid stories that touch, after all this wahala and processes someone has gone through and money spent, it will be better to just do it. Let them not chase person from village

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by excellence235: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Yemsot:

If you can o, to avoid stories that touch, please just do the test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 9:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Yemsot:
Finally it has ended in praise for me. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Timel line
Application Date: 18th August 2020
Biometrics Date (Walk-in VI Centre): 20th August 2020
1st Interview (At TLS Contact): 20th August 2020
Received mail from visa office on 3rrd September that application not straight forward ( undecided Still wondering what that means)
2nd Interview (Phone call): 8th September 2020
Passport collection mail: 11th September 2020
Passport Collected: 14th September 2020

I don't really know how to write much but I will give a download of my journey so far.

Decision to study came in April after a month in lock down. I just told myself that I must achieve something during this lockdown. So the inspiration came to me to look into studying in the UK. I asked here about nursing and someone advised that I go for post graduate degree in adult nursing. Lo and behold, I started contacting schools, but one of the school agents was very frank with me that I am not likely going to get a place in Nursing, due to the fact that my degree was in ccomputer-mathematics and the class of degree was not fantastic, coupled with the fact that I don't really have an experience in the care sector.
So I came to a conclusion that since I am a teacher, why not try to further my career in teaching. So I started looking into teacher training in the UK. I applied to about six schools through UCAS TT, was rejected by 5 schools. the last school decided to consider me for interview.
It was during the interview that grace started speaking for me. I was offered a place in PGCE primary with maths. Na so the journey began...
part of the conditions to be met was GCSE equivalence in English. This was because my degree was over 10 years. I started studying for this exam, and I finally wrote the exam and passed. So my conditional offer turned unconditional, after meeting other conditions like the occupational health check and police report.
Now to CAS application - another struggle entirely...
After passing the pre-CAS interview, the CAS refused to come. Therefore, after disturbing their international office, they linked me up with one of their agents that deal with their Nigerian students. This agent was very helpful. He practically had to start disturbing the CAS team in order to get my CAS, which later came out by August 14.
After submitting application on line on 18th August, to now get appointment for biometrics was difficult, but I later got for 30th September; for a course that will start 2nd September.
Well I went for walk-in as advised by the agent (20th August).
That day was not it at all (shake my head). The attendants just decided not to take walk in again (after travelling all the way down to Lagos only to be told no walk-in again). Come and see as I dey pray ehn.
Long story short sha... they decided to be asking for resumption date and date of appointment. I just shouted "my resumption date is 2nd September." They asked for my CAS, which I showed them, and also my appointment date.
I was now allowed with another guy whose resumption was 7th September.
My interview there was brief, was asked just 4 questions, and that was all.
Fastforward (two weeks later)...
3rd September - Deferred – complex mail. Whatever that means.
As if that was not all, I just received a call from the home office Tuesday morning asking for another interview (see me see wahala) - after asking my school to extend my enrolment deadline; classes had started and annoyingly I couldn't access the course materials because I was not enroled due to the fact that I don't have a visa.
We sha had the interview. The interviewer asked me about 12 questions, ranging fro why I chose the course, to how I got the funds, my current job, my hubby's job, my relatives in the UK, what they do, their status, my future plans, how I would go about it, and so on.
Omo come and see panicking and nervousness. The interview actually threw me off balance.
When the passport collection mail dropped, my heart just skipped at that moment cos I didn't know what to think again.
I didn't even believe I would be granted, even while collecting my passport until I saw the acccompanying letter.
Above all, it has ended in praise for me.

All glory, honour and adoration belong to GOD ALMIGHTY. No one can share His glory

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Congratulations to all those that got their visas and God's favor on those awaiting decision.

Great people of this thread please I have a pressing situation.

I got my CAS about a month ago and my agent got me an interview date for end of September a week after my resumption date.

I have tried talking him into amending the date ( based on information I saw on this thread but he seems not to listen. Moreover, I cant seem to get him do anything since I am not the one paying and he communicates straight with my benefactor).

I want to take matters into my own hand without informing my agent. I already have all the information from my application except for the log in details to my application (which if I did I would have tried looking for a new date )

Please pardon my ignorance, my question are:

1. can I do a walk-in in Abuja ( most of the people talking about walking are based in Lagos) ?
2. How much is the walk in?
3. I am also considering paying for priority, please how much is it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jadepinkett(f): 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
For someone using a joint account, Is it necessary to get a letter from the co-owner of the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2020
utaraji:
Congratulations to all those that got their visas and God's favor on those awaiting decision.

I got my CAS about a month ago and my agent got me an interview date for end of September a week after my resumption date.

I have tried talking him into amending the date ( based on information I saw on this thread but he seems not to listen. Moreover, I cant seem to get him do anything since I am not the one paying and he communicates straight with my benefactor).

I want to take matters into my own hand without informing my agent. I already have all the information from my application except for the log in details to my application (which if I did I would have tried looking for a new date )

1. can I do a walk-in in Abuja ( most of the people talking about walking are based in Lagos) ?

You can do a walk-in anywhere go with your documents very early and be ready to pay N42,000

Best wishes!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 9:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
utaraji:

Priority is £220 according to previous post from people who paid on the thread .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yemsot: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
mamacajah:

First of all congrats! I love your testimony and your tenacity..omo this schol mata don make soldiers of plenty people hehehe grin
which airline are you flying with? that would determine if you need the test or not..
wish you all the best in your journey!

Turkish airlines
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:57pm On Sep 14, 2020
naledis:

But there’s a portal where departing passengers need to register. And it takes you on to a registration page asking you to select a test center for the test after paying N50,400. I don’t understand why the federal government is mandating departing passengers to do a covid test especially when the airline and country one is traveling to isn’t demanding one

Yes it’s mainly for arriving passengers.

A friend travelled to London via bA two days ago and she was not required to show a Covid test.

Why don’t you call BA before wasting 51k?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by donmanuel1: 11:07pm On Sep 14, 2020
As a graduate of statistics which course is advisable for MSC as per job in demand in the UK..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Joseph1960: 11:14pm On Sep 14, 2020
Good news!!! Good new!!! Good news!!!

Visa approved... You all will have a reason to celebrate. I see testimonies upon testimonies

33 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Damilola0007: 11:19pm On Sep 14, 2020
Another going to Birmingham city university in Jan
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
Congratulations!

Did you pay for priority or standard application?

bjpumps:
Hello All,

I got my visa today.

Submitted about August 27th
Biometrics on September 7th
Got mail stating that a decision has been made on September 11th
Picked up passport today 14th of Sept.

Thank you to everyone especially those who responded to my queries.

To new beginnings!!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by GbengaGbenga(m): 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Congratulations! Did they send an email to confirm the approval?

Joseph1960:
Good news!!! Good new!!! Good news!!!

Visa approved... You all will have a reason to celebrate. I see testimonies upon testimonies

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2020
GbengaGbenga:
Congratulations! Did they send an email to confirm the approval?

UKVI will never do that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by badtempest: 11:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
Kinkwin:
Hi just wise and everyone

I did a walk in September 8th at Ikeja centre and I am tracking it and it’s still at DMC. I am going for MSC at Middlesex university and I just got an email from the school visa compliance officer quoting this :

“ Following up on the CAS letter that we issued for you to study the programme, we would like to get an update on your recent Tier 4 (General) student visa application.

Our records show that the decision has been made on your visa application and you are one step closer to starting your degree. This is great!

If you have already received your visa from the embassy confirming your visa application was successful, please let us know and I will update your records. This will help with your induction later in September.

If you received a visa refusal, please inform us as a matter of urgency! It is very important that we are aware of this and can advise you on your next steps. In order to help you with the next steps, we need to see a copy of your visa refusal letter. Please don’t forget to attach when you email us back.

My question here is that do the UKVI tell the school when a decision is made ? Or it’s a generic email even if you were given the visa or refused the visa.

Thank you all for your contribution.

They do but they do not tell them if it’s a yes or no straight out but it is inferred sometimes through tone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 12:20am On Sep 15, 2020
donmanuel1:
As a graduate of statistics which course is advisable for MSC as per job in demand in the UK..

Msc in Data science or Data Analytics should be fine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 12:44am On Sep 15, 2020
mattfeuter:

Yes it’s mainly for arriving passengers.

A friend travelled to London via bA two days ago and she was not required to show a Covid test.

Why don’t you call BA before wasting 51k?

BA said the test isn’t mandatory. My concern is with the Lagos airport officials. I’ll do the test just to avoid delays on travel day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:46am On Sep 15, 2020
naledis:

BA said the test isn’t mandatory. My concern is with the Lagos airport officials. I’ll do the test just to avoid delays on travel day.

Mood when your money is longggg. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 12:49am On Sep 15, 2020
mattfeuter:

Mood when your money is longggg. grin grin

If na prophesy I receive am ooo. I honestly loathe embarrassing situations and you know how government officials can be especially when they have little to zero knowledge of the rules.

The test is free at some centers too so I plan to pocket my money lol

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2020
naledis:

Really don't know what you want to hear.... I think your mind is already made up that despite when you have heard from first hand experience that a test is not needed you still insisting on doing it

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.