Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093564 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Brightingsus: 8:39am On Sep 21, 2020
Hello all. I know Covid test is not required to board BA to London from Nigeria. I have someone due to travel from Lagos to London soon and info reaching us says you must have Covid-19 negative test cert even before going through the gate at the MMIA Lagos. Is this true? Who has travelled recently? I am aware this is airline specific, but are you asked for it at the gate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Beeyad: 8:44am On Sep 21, 2020
yemology:
I did my biometric 26 of August at ikeja Lagos.
Nothing yet I tracked it and still showing stage 3 . please is there anyone experiencing this .

Same with me, I’m the main applicant but my dependents already picked up their passport with Visa since last week. I don’t even know if we should go ahead and book flight or wait till I see my own. The wait is tiring

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yemology(f): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Beeyad:

Same with me, I’m the main applicant but my dependents already picked up their passport with Visa since last week. I don’t even know if we should go ahead and book flight or wait till I see my own. The wait is tiring

Very tiring let's hope it will come out today by God grace
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Mykman1202:
I booked appointment with assisted service and when I saw a closer date, I amend it and its still assisted service but I was charged in both...I requested for a refund of my previous appointment,will I get it?....

Naaah, you wont be refunded
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by graceodini: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

This question has been answered on every page. Will try my best to repeat what people have stated.

1. You don't need covid9 test if you are traveling to the uk.

2. Only those who are traveling back to Nigeria that need a covid19 test.

3. You self Isolate for 14 days when you arrive UK except your country or where you're coming from is exempted.

4. You dont need a covid19 test result if you boarding British Airways aka BA.

5. Certain airlines require covid 19 test results before boarding.

Thanks for your response. Please if am only staying for 6 days do I have to still self isolate. And please can you help with few list of airlines that requires covid 19 test before boarding? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yemology(f): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
smilz:
We plenty wey dey this table. Hopefully we hear from them this week.

Okay we hope for the best this week ooo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DaDevin: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2020
16th of sept
VI

Doyinh:
When was your biometrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 8:52am On Sep 21, 2020
Just asking for a friend. He submitted online on the 7th September, 2020. His transcript was issued on the 15th September 2020 by the school . Uploaded documents on the 16th September 2020. And did is biometrics on the 18th. Would the fact that his transcript carries a date after online application submission be an issue??

He used the student copy for getting the admission. But that does not carry the school stamps. So he requested for an official copy to use with his application. He graduated since 2012.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:53am On Sep 21, 2020
Beeyad:

If your dependent visa is out then that means yours is out....because your case would have been done before then. I wonder where on the chain it is stuck .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Flezi1:
Just asking for a friend. He submitted online on the 7th September, 2020. His transcript was issued on the 15th September 2020 by the school . Uploaded documents on the 16th September 2020. And did is biometrics on the 18th. Would the fact that his transcript carries a date after online application submission be an issue??

Why did he upload a transcript when he did not use it to gain admission?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by deph: 8:54am On Sep 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

This question has been answered on every page. Will try my best to repeat what people have stated.

3. You self Isolate for 14 days when you arrive UK except your country or where you're coming from is exempted.

This Covid-19 test is really causing wahala... Since BA doesn't require that, why wasting our money again... Nija, we too dey para
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 8:55am On Sep 21, 2020
Wow...is it priority or standard
DaDevin:
16th of sept
VI

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DaDevin: 8:56am On Sep 21, 2020
Priority

Doyinh:
Wow...is it priority or standard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2020
deph:

This Covid-19 test is really causing wahala... Since BA doesn't require that, why wasting our money again... Nija, we too dey para

BA is quiet expensive compared to airlines that requires covid19 test results.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2020
I works in Enugu, so I need to do my TB test and biometric within a week process. So I need take one week leave.

Bukiegbegi:

First, I’m female no offense taken. My tb test took 3 hours in Abuja. I really don’t know about the IOM Lagos procedures. And for self service I think you’ll be able to upload on the 14th or 15th but why are you waiting till it’s that close? What if you forget something?

I stand to be corrected if anyone has contrary opinions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2020
Benediktejike:

Why did he upload a transcript when he did not use it to gain admission?

It was used for admission. Uploaded the old copy for admission. But he requested for a new one because it was the student copy he used for admission purposes. He graduated since 2012
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 21, 2020
graceodini:

Thanks for your response. Please if am only staying for 6 days do I have to still self isolate. And please can you help with few list of airlines that requires covid 19 test before boarding? Thank you.

I don't know about this someone who has a knowledge about 6days stay will respond. Someone will also answer you on airlines that requires covid19 test.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Beeyad: 9:02am On Sep 21, 2020
LagosismyHome:

If your dependent visa is out then that means yours is out....because your case would have been done before then. I wonder where on the chain it is stuck .

Sigh. Thank you! Will keep refreshing embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 9:05am On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=jiasemota post=94149020]
No need to be scared....got same mail...and got my visa.
Sept 7...buometric....
No interview
Got non straightforward email.

Still got my visa...

Congrats in advance.

After how many days pls.
What date did you get your visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:05am On Sep 21, 2020
Thanks alot.

Mctee07:
Start uploading what you immediately you get a closer date for self service but DON'T SUBMIT until you have included the TB test result, i read somewhere on this platform that you can submit 2hrs before your biometrics so a day or two before biometrics is fine.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Flezi1:

It was used for admission. Uploaded the old copy for admission. But he requested for a new one because it was the student copy he used for admission purposes. He graduated since 2012

What was stated on the CAS? You are to upload what the school stated on the CAS which in most cases is what you used in obtaining an offer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Turkish airline too doesn't require covid test ba?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2020
Flezi1:

Okay. There is no problem with it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2020
Arhmiee:

What was stated on the CAS? You are to upload what the school stated on the CAS which in most cases is what you used in obtaining an offer.

Thanks for your response. Whats stated on CAS is transcript from the school. So I guess it's fine. Since it's a genuine transcript from the school. Fingers crossed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 9:22am On Sep 21, 2020
[quote author=Beeyad post=94150118]

Sigh. Thank you! Will keep refreshing embarassed[/quot

Go to there office and enquire they will give you your visa.]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2020
People of nairaland pls if you did your biometric on the 14th sept and it was standard pls reply if you have gotten any mail.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cerezo: 10:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Hello Folks,
Please which bank is at the moment responding promptly to tuition payment request via Form A. An idea of their GBP rate will also be helpful. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2020
I did on the 14th of Sep at VI, standard and I haven't gotten any mail, have you?
Lawrence6:
People of nairaland pls if you did your biometric on the 14th sept and it was standard pls reply if you have gotten any mail.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whuzmhan: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2020
Doyinh:
I did on the 14th of Sep at VI, standard and I haven't gotten any mail, have you?

Lawrence6:
Thanks.

I did on the 14th too o, standard at Ikeja
Nothing yet

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lawrence6(m): 10:20am On Sep 21, 2020
whuzmhan:

I did on the 14th too o, standard at Ikeja
Nothing yet

Same here ooo nothing yet..
Lets be hopeful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cdaniel: 10:26am On Sep 21, 2020
Also did mine on 26th at ikeja TLS, got a non straightforward email on 10th Sept and that was all till date. Did you receive a non straightforward email too?.
Beeyad:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EmemKingsleyU: 10:30am On Sep 21, 2020
I have been trying to book TB test since on Thursday. Please help a sister.
The numbers are all switched off and the link is invalid.
Abuja location

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.