Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1102619 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 9:29pm On May 20, 2020
Hello everyone!

Please is there anyone who have gotten an offer for MSc. Adult Nursing at the university of Derby?

Pls kindly signify!!

I'm preparing for my interview and would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanking you in advance�.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Latito442(m): 10:05pm On May 20, 2020
@Phenmeson...thanks a lot for the head's up...
I for just go spend that amt for just a week.

Is more cheaper if live outside school. You can get a room for £300-450 monthly (with electricity, Internet and gas) [/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akchi32: 10:20pm On May 20, 2020
You're right! University of Strathclyde will refund your deposit.
quote author=justwise post=89771813]

Don't believe that, the school will refund your deposit though the exchange rate may affect the amount you received.[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:49am On May 21, 2020
There could be a delay in processing refunds, perhaps some admin charges if applicable but schools will refund your money.This has nothing to do with receiving CAS

hosey:

Ya. Some schools will and some won't depending on the terms of condition especially after receiving CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 4:58am On May 21, 2020
duchess90:
There could be a delay in processing refunds, perhaps some admin charges if applicable but schools will refund your money.This has nothing to do with receiving CAS

Wrong. It depends on the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Amylew: 5:41am On May 21, 2020
Hi guys. Just to say thank you to everyone who shares information and gives advice here. God bless you.
I applied to some schools from 11th May and gotten admission in 3. And I must say the comments here have been marvellous and will be a deciding factor on where to choose when the time is right.

This is just to say I see you all. And I appreciate the posts on ielts or no ielts, when and how to do proof of funds, choosing schools, scholarships, living costs, University of Kent etc. Even those who posted on wanting Canada and opting for UK for now healed my mind cos i felt somehow about starting student visa process at this juncture in my life.
I have been on canada waka now for 2 years. On 445 since last year but Crs no allow us waka..

Thanks guys. Everybody.

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Hubbysluv: 8:27am On May 21, 2020
Thanks so much,
I really appreciate

Phenmeson:

The Uni is rank top 100 in UK.
Average Accommodation for family of 4 means you need to get at least 2bedroom flat from £750-900.additional monthly bills will cost you at least £300 but you can get council tax discount as a student. For the Transportation, you can commute on bus for £60 monthly. But if you are to travel to London by Train, your ticket will cost you £60 one way but you can get a cheaper ticket if you travel when is not busy or you buy your ticket in advance. For stores, you can visit Pakistan stores to get few of your African item's but if you want more 9ja foodstuffs, is advisable you travel on Weekend to Peckham, Croydon e.t.c to buy Yur bulk purchase. On train service, is almost 2h 30mins to London. Bournemouth is a nice area, you have seaside around rhere. Gud luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:31am On May 21, 2020
Everyone that has said anything on this so far has been right in a way but I'd drop this here based on my last school and a few others that I've encountered.

Normally, not all schools do refunds of the compulsory tuition deposits except in certain circumstances so it's good to read the refund policies of your prospective schools before paying the tuition deposit. A situation where a prospective student just changes his/her mind (without a valid reason) does not usually qualify for refund of tuition deposits if 14 days have passed since the contract acceptance.
But if you paid more than the required non-refundable deposit, you'd get the excess payment back using the exchange rate for date of transfer and for some schools, the refund will be minus applicable administrative charges.

For the situation the world is currently in, it's recognized that Covid-19 isn't any student's fault and some schools are already updating their refunds policy to reflect the current situation e.g.

https://www.derby.ac.uk/study/fees-finance/international/

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/fees-funding/tuition-fees/deposits

Universities generally refund tuition deposits for the following reasons:
*If prospective students are refused visas (as long as the student didn't omit vital information or provide fraudulent/false information in their visa applications)
*In extenuating/severe/unanticipated circumstances (some schools have already updated their policies to include Covid-19; I expect that others would follow suit)
*If the university cancels the course.
*If the student cancels within 14 days of offer acceptance. No reason is usually required for this type of cancellation.

Under higher education consumer law, a school is required to tell you upfront if the mode of delivery for your course will change or if it unexpectedly changes anytime after your payment. If the school withholds this information from you till after you've paid your tuition deposit or up till the start of your course, it is a ground to seek refund irrespective of what the school's T & Cs are because it counts as a breach of the law known as misleading omission.
If a school tells you upfront that your course will be online at its regular costs and you signify acceptance of online by paying your deposit, you might not get your deposit back due to a change of mind on your part.
duchess90:

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 8:59am On May 21, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Who even need your money sef grin grin

Lol my guy , Uk gov need my money oh , if you see how schools dey chase person with emails and calls hen. grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:13am On May 21, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol my guy , Uk gov need my money oh , if you see how schools dey chase person with emails and calls hen. grin

Asin that calls and emails ehn some will send emails at 2am cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:20am On May 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Lol very true. A school even offered me automatic one month free uni accommodation so that I can quarantine there for 2 weeks on arrival in the uK.

Ps- Na money I want make dem reduce Abeg , no be free house angry

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:30am On May 21, 2020
mattfeuter:

Lol very true. A school even offered me automatic one month free uni accommodation so that I can quarantine there for 2 weeks on arrival in the uK.

Me likey..abeg which school bi this..make I apply sharp sharp..wafi no dey carry last grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:33am On May 21, 2020
mattfeuter:

grin the competition no be here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2020
mamacajah:

Me likey..abeg which school bi this..make I apply sharp sharp..wafi no dey carry last grin

Buckinghamshire New University. . . . .forgot i even applied there lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 10:21am On May 21, 2020
Access2017:
Hello everyone!

Please is there anyone who have gotten an offer for MSc. Adult Nursing at the university of Derby?

Pls kindly signify!!

I'm preparing for my interview and would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanking you in advance�.

Please is there any one going to uni Derby for MSc. Adult Nursing and have done their interview Or even if u didn't get the admission but you did their interview?? Pls I need your help to help me prepare for the interview.

Thanking you in advance �

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by STENON(f): 10:24am On May 21, 2020
My question is ... If all schools move to online study both in canada and UK. Is there 100% possibility of granting visa to everyone after the lockdown is over ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:42am On May 21, 2020
That's a tough question. No one can say for sure. Official guides for this would be the best bet of information for this so you'd need to keep checking for updated visa guidance for both countries.
STENON:
My question is ... If all schools move to online study both in canada and UK. Is there 100% possibility of granting visa to everyone after the lockdown is over ?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 11:10am On May 21, 2020
duchess90:

What about this?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 11:23am On May 21, 2020
reincarnation:

What about this?

What mimilyrics meant is that in an exceptional situation, such as this pandemic, a very good case can be made for disregarding normally applicable terms and conditions concerning refunds and this is indeed taking place.

If one has paid for the full on-campus experience and this is being replaced with remote online learning, one can definitely request and expect a refund in such cases, despite T&C's saying that refunds will be made only in specific cases. So in this specific case, even though the university has said that 1k pounds is not refundable, you can still demand a full refund of any deposit paid if you decide you are no longer coming to attend the university due to the pandemic-related public health situation.

For instance, I had planned to attend and had paid for a 2 week residential professional education course in Spain this summer. It was cancelled and replaced with an online program. Networking naturally being my main reason for attending such courses, I requested and am in the process of receiving a full refund, despite the university's T&C's saying that refunds will only be made with a sliding scale of deductions the closer the date of the refund request gets to the course date.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bsafolabi: 12:05pm On May 21, 2020
Information

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 12:28pm On May 21, 2020
Access2017:

Please is there any one going to uni Derby for MSc. Adult Nursing and have done their interview Or even if u didn't get the admission but you did their interview?? Pls I need your help to help me prepare for the interview.

Send a mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2020
bsafolabi:
Information

Very welcome addition.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 21, 2020
mimilyrics:
Everyone that has said anything on this so far has been right in a way but I'd drop this here based on my last school and a few others that I've encountered.

Normally, not all schools do refunds of the compulsory tuition deposits except in certain circumstances so it's good to read the refund policies of your prospective schools before paying the tuition deposit. A situation where a prospective student just changes his/her mind (without a valid reason) does not usually qualify for refund of tuition deposits if 14 days have passed since the contract acceptance.
But if you paid more than the required non-refundable deposit, you'd get the excess payment back using the exchange rate for date of transfer and for some schools, the refund will be minus applicable administrative charges.

For the situation the world is currently in, it's recognized that Covid-19 isn't any student's fault and some schools are already updating their refunds policy to reflect the current situation e.g.

https://www.derby.ac.uk/study/fees-finance/international/

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/fees-funding/tuition-fees/deposits

Universities generally refund tuition deposits for the following reasons:
*If prospective students are refused visas (as long as the student didn't omit vital information or provide fraudulent/false information in their visa applications)
*In extenuating/severe/unanticipated circumstances (some schools have already updated their policies to include Covid-19; I expect that others would follow suit)
*If the university cancels the course.
*If the student cancels within 14 days of offer acceptance. No reason is usually required for this type of cancellation.

Under higher education consumer law, a school is required to tell you upfront if the mode of delivery for your course will change or if it unexpectedly changes anytime after your payment. If the school withholds this information from you till after you've paid your tuition deposit or up till the start of your course, it is a ground to seek refund irrespective of what the school's T & Cs are because it counts as a breach of the law known as misleading omission.
If a school tells you upfront that your course will be online at its regular costs and you signify acceptance of online by paying your deposit, you might not get your deposit back due to a change of mind on your part.
Nice. This is exactly what I planned to write.

That is why I said refund is not applicable for all schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:32pm On May 21, 2020
True! Thank you.
Cyberknight:

What mimilyrics meant is that in an exceptional situation, such as this pandemic, a very good case can be made for disregarding normally applicable terms and conditions concerning refunds and this is indeed taking place.

If one has paid for the full on-campus experience and this is being replaced with remote online learning, one can definitely request and expect a refund in such cases, despite T&C's saying that refunds will be made only in specific cases. So in this specific case, even though the university has said that 1k pounds is not refundable, you can still demand a full refund of any deposit paid if you decide you are no longer coming to attend the university due to the pandemic-related public health situation.

For instance, I had planned to attend and had paid for a 2 week residential professional education course in Spain this summer. It was cancelled and replaced with an online program. Networking naturally being my main reason for attending such courses, I requested and am in the process of receiving a full refund, despite the university's T&C's saying that refunds will only be made with a sliding scale of deductions the closer the date of the refund request gets to the course date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:45pm On May 21, 2020
I figured so. I also figured that the other comments probably were as a result of the extenuating circumstances which Covid-19 have presented.

Bottomline is that people should read the Ts and Cs for their schools now and after Covid-19 to avoid stories that touch.

hosey:

Nice. This is exactly what I planned to write.

That is why I said refund is not applicable for all schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pretty1986: 2:33pm On May 21, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

They are not serious yet.if they are really serious they should start giving all international students Free visa and Automatic PR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 2:45pm On May 21, 2020
Really? LOL

pretty1986:
They are not serious yet.if they are really serious they should start giving all international students Free visa and Automatic PR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 21, 2020
pretty1986:

grin LLOL cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by beautyfoch: 3:25pm On May 21, 2020
Regarding the interview, you need to familiarize yourself with the 6 C's of Nursing and have a practical example of how each applies to you

I was asked the reason why I want to study Nursing

I should reflect on a time I did something I'm really proud of

Also to reflect on a time I helped someone make a decision and why I think it's the right decision

What are my strength and weaknesses

What are the challenges I feel I might encounter while studying Nursing

These are the much I can remember.

Note: Try as much as possible to answer every question you're asked with practical examples relating to the 6C's of Nursing

I wish you the best in your interview.

Meanwhile I received an offer from them though their conditions are much. I'm yet to make a decision smiley

Access2017:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SegunWamiri(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2020
pretty1986:
shocked ehn hennnn? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 4:10pm On May 21, 2020
See an update from University of Dundee for September start.

"University of Dundee : Important update about your course start date

Dear xxxxxxx,

During the week beginning 28 April we sent you an email to let you know that our standard Semester 1 start date has been revised due to the current Covid-19 pandemic. For the majority of our courses, teaching will now begin on Monday 5 October 2020 and it is our intention to re-start on-campus teaching in Dundee at this time.

However, for students joining the MSc Social Work, where professional practice placements form an important part of the course, teaching in Semester 1 usually starts before the standard semester dates. This earlier start date is to enable enough time for some initial teaching and then preparation before placements take place later in Semester 1.

We are now able to confirm to you that the teaching start date for MSc Social Work will be Monday 14 September 2020. Teaching will initially be delivered remotely as interactive online sessions, with on-campus teaching expected to start from Monday 5 October. This also means you will matriculate (register as a student) online and we will send you more details about that during the summer.[b][/b]

We have asked the Admissions Team to update the start date on your application record to be Monday 14 September 2020. They will do this over the next few days. If you have any questions, please do get in touch."

so schools are beginning to outline their plans... let's keep praying and watching.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Access2017: 4:13pm On May 21, 2020
I'm really grateful dear.
This would really help!
I sent you an email.

Thank you so much

beautyfoch:
Regarding the interview, you need to familiarize yourself with the 6 C's of Nursing and have a practical example of how each applies to you

I was asked the reason why I want to study Nursing

I should reflect on a time I did something I'm really proud of

Also to reflect on a time I helped someone make a decision and why I think it's the right decision

What are my strength and weaknesses

What are the challenges I feel I might encounter while studying Nursing

These are the much I can remember.

Note: Try as much as possible to answer every question you're asked with practical examples relating to the 6C's of Nursing

I wish you the best in your interview.

Meanwhile I received an offer from them though their conditions are much. I'm yet to make a decision smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.