Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,968 members, 7,814,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1089689 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 11:20pm On May 22, 2020
mamacajah:

Infact the rule is that if any student is planning to carry dependents along, both parents must apply for visa, to ensure proper management and care for the children. So it is possible and also very compulsory.

Please what about married couples without any child yet? Is it advisable for them to apply at the same time (if wife is the main applicant while husband is dependent)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 11:52pm On May 22, 2020
Tolextonia:

Please what about married couples without any child yet? Is it advisable for them to apply at the same time (if wife is the main applicant while husband is dependent)?

No, in this case, only the student needs to apply first. It also depends on the family plan. Do they want to go together or they want one person to go over first, after some time, the 2nd person will apply and come over.

That rule was specifically for families with children.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by yusufDeveloper: 12:49am On May 23, 2020
hosey:

You had better have patient till July like how so many people in this forum have said.

By July, all schools and UK government will have given clear decision.

All schools are trying hard to lure students to pay deposit to hook them. Be in control and do not be dependent on them.

If you pay your deposit and do not come, your money has gone with no refund.

This is a mind game.

You're right. I have already mailed my school that I want to defer my admission to Jan 2021. I can't do online class in UK smiley. Sept intake should go fess and give us feedback. ��

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Peaches101: 3:19am On May 23, 2020
Hello house,
What are my chances of getting admission into MSc. Nursing in any UK university with my HND in Banking & Finance although i have been in uk on a tier-4 dependant visa and have been working as a carer for about 6 months. Please advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:29am On May 23, 2020
Tolextonia:

For UK there is no sequence . It is absolutely fine if a couple with no child apply at the same time or at the different times. What important is that you meet the financial requirements

If you have the finances then applying together or separately makes no difference so anyone is fine. Personally if I have the money then I would apply together

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:08am On May 23, 2020
mamacajah:

No, in this case, only the student needs to apply first. It also depends on the family plan. Do they want to go together or they want one person to go over first, after some time, the 2nd person will apply and come over.

This is not true, they can apply together even with kids if they can afford it. There is no rule that says that the main applicant has to apply first.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Donracy: 6:46am On May 23, 2020
Hello Landers, I must say that this group is really doing a great job.
Please a quick one.
For those that knows much about Cardiff in Wales. What can you say about the city in terms of the people, job prospects as a student, living expenses compared to other places in the UK ��. .

I got an offer to study Safety, Health and Environment at Salford in Manchester and also Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

I am okay with the two Universities. I am only trying to compare the survival rate as a prospective student.

Though I've made some researches online but first hand information is golden.

Thank you as I wait for your feedback.
Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bsafolabi: 7:57am On May 23, 2020
Hi Boss,
Am in that situation, my wife is going for Masters and we want to apply for Visa together. My questions,
1.how much do I need to deposit for my own maintenance fees
2. Can I put my maintenance fees together with her own tuition fee balance and maintenance fee in one account or separate account.

LagosismyHome:

For UK there is no sequence . It is absolutely fine if a couple with no child apply at the same time or at the different times. What important is that you meet the financial requirements

If you have the finances then applying together or separately makes no difference so anyone is fine. Personally if I have the money then I would apply together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:27am On May 23, 2020
bsafolabi:
Hi Boss,
Am in that situation, my wife is going for Masters and we want to apply for Visa together. My questions,
1.how much do I need to deposit for my own maintenance fees
2. Can I put my maintenance fees together with her own tuition fee balance and maintenance fee in one account or separate account.

I think I had a post on this in part 3, you need

FULL School fees PLUS maintenance

MAIN Applicant
The Home Office (UKVI) has set the amount of maintenance funds you need to have available. You must show that you have:
£1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London ........... Times 9 months
£1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in London ........... Times 9 months

Dependent per person
If the Tier 4 (General) student is studying on a course based:
• in London you must have at least £845 per month to support yourself; ........... Times 9 months
• outside of London, you must have at least £680 per month to support yourself ........... Times 9 month

2. One account or separate account . it doesn't matter as long as the accounts is/are in the name of the applicants

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bsafolabi: 8:58am On May 23, 2020
Thanks Boss... I really appreciate this.

LagosismyHome:

I think I had a post on this in part 3, you need

FULL School fees PLUS maintenance

MAIN Applicant
The Home Office (UKVI) has set the amount of maintenance funds you need to have available. You must show that you have:
£1,015 per month for living costs if you are studying outside London ........... Times 9 months
£1,265 per month for living costs if you are studying in London ........... Times 9 months

Dependent per person
If the Tier 4 (General) student is studying on a course based:
• in London you must have at least £845 per month to support yourself; ........... Times 9 months
• outside of London, you must have at least £680 per month to support yourself ........... Times 9 month

2. One account or separate account . it doesn't matter as long as the accounts is/are in the name of the applicants
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 10:08am On May 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

super priority service, priority or standard...…. going down in term of price and turnaround time …. personally except for complex cases or if there is no time left before I would use any of the two priority (super priority or priority) .

I think standard is absolutely fine if you apply on time. why spend more money to get the same visa

I asked because of this Corona pandemic, i planned for standard visa, but we can't say what may happen, and what time things would be, so one have to be prepare and know things before hand.

Thanks for the reponse tho.

Do you know the cost of the visa? Please share with me if you have the knowledge of the price.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:42am On May 23, 2020
Mama this your talk no correct o.
My friend & newly married wife applied for visa together and left in January. Just have enough money in your statement with marriage documents etc.
mamacajah:

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:59am On May 23, 2020
Pls do you have any update from Salford as regards Covid-19?

Donracy:
Hello Landers, I must say that this group is really doing a great job.
Please a quick one.
For those that knows much about Cardiff in Wales. What can you say about the city in terms of the people, job prospects as a student, living expenses compared to other places in the UK ��. .

I got an offer to study Safety, Health and Environment at Salford in Manchester and also Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing at Cardiff Metropolitan University.

I am okay with the two Universities. I am only trying to compare the survival rate as a prospective student.

Though I've made some researches online but first hand information is golden.

Thank you as I wait for your feedback.
Thank you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 11:30am On May 23, 2020
The rules for entering or returning to the UK are changing on 8 June.

Travellers will need to share contact details, travel information, and self-isolate for 14 days or they may incur a fine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus#when-you-return-to-the-uk-protect-yourself-and-others

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ELff: 1:07pm On May 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

yes all dependants …. Even a baby needs an appointment in the TB center , although their fee is less
Okay. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:40pm On May 23, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Travellers will need to share contact details, travel information, and self-isolate for 14 days or they may incur a fine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus#when-you-return-to-the-uk-protect-yourself-and-others

This will be challenging for students and those new to the UK... the first few weeks is for running around and settling down. Some people barely have accomodation sorted until they arrive. So to do 14days lockdown humm. This coronavirus needs to disappear with its wahala

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 5:39pm On May 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Thanks for your response. I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Richdee1(m): 5:55pm On May 23, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Are you related to aproko doctor on Twitter??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 23, 2020
Richdee1:

Are you related to aproko doctor on Twitter??

cheesy no, I am not related to approko doctor, lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by quille11: 6:34pm On May 23, 2020
Hello guys,

Please who is applying to University of West London. I am a prospective applicant for M.Sc Public Health/Wellbeing. Pls gurus in the house, i like to know the prospect of the course in securing job. Even though i do not have a health related background, the course is an interdisciplinary in nature and accepts students from all discipline.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dfazz: 8:57pm On May 23, 2020
Please any advice on cost of living in Huddersfield, how easily and quickly can one get a student job as well as job for a dependant (spouse).
Can one get a cheap apartment very close to the university
And which other city close to huddersfield can a dependant look out for a job in an event (spouse) is unable to secure a job quickly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 9:03pm On May 23, 2020
Please any advice on cost of living in Sheffield, how easily and quickly can one get a student job as well as job for a dependant (spouse).
Can one get a cheap apartment (or studio apartment) very close to the university or within the city center?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DonTwice(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2020
Anyone else going to The University of West England (UWE)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:27pm On May 23, 2020
Anyone can tell me about Huddersfield?
Anyone can tell me about Bournemouth?
Anyone can tell me about Sheffield?
Anyone can tell me about Oxford?
Anyone going to Togo?
Cotonu nko?

Una no go read previous threads to read answers on these exact questions, you will just jump and pass to ask your own.

Take time and read from page 1 or previous part 3. You will find an exact answer or something very similar to your question. Especially Sheffield to be specific. At least several people have talked about life in Sheffield at different times.

Stop waiting to be spoon fed all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tolextonia: 11:48pm On May 23, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Anyone going to Togo?
Cotonu nko?

Una no go read previous threads to read answers on these exact questions, you will just jump and pass to ask your own.

Take time and read from page 1 or previous part 3. You will find an exact answer or something very similar to your question. Especially Sheffield to be specific. At least several people have talked about life in Sheffield at different times.

I’m not waiting to be spoon fed at all. I’ve googled and checked. I checked previous thread and this present one but couldn’t find. It’s not compulsory for you to reply. I’m asking people that are there presently or studied there the question. I just don’t ask questions. I make inquiries before asking questions.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:35am On May 24, 2020
So google did not give you the answer?
Previous threads did not give you the answer too?
You probably have poor research skills.

Anyway sorry ma no vex, Happy Ramadan Kareem!
Tolextonia:

I’m not waiting to be spoon fed at all. I’ve googled and checked. I checked previous thread and this present one but couldn’t find. It’s not compulsory for you to reply. I’m asking people that are there presently or studied there the question. I just don’t ask questions. I make inquiries before asking questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 12:57am On May 24, 2020
High time they call the government out on the PSV!! It’s taking too long to be approved. A release issued by the group states, “The government’s proposal for a new two-year post-study work (PSW) visa was very warmly welcomed by the sector and brings us in line with many of our international competitors. However, the proposal is yet to be confirmed in immigration rules and is creating uncertainty for students concerned about eligibility and deliverability. It is also leading to a lack of awareness of its benefits, which could result in fewer students choosing the UK as a study destination.”

Students should be able to apply for a visa six months before their actual course start date rather than three months. With universities considering starting courses remotely in September 2020 with a return to campus as soon as possible thereafter, students face the prospect of having to apply for visas that could be refused after they have actually started their course (e.g. if international travel restrictions continue until January and students cannot attend physically until then),” it points out.

https://m.timesofindia.com/world/uk/top-uk-universities-call-for-reforms-in-student-visa-system-to-make-it-a-more-attractive-study-destination/amp_articleshow/75881404.cms

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 2:49am On May 24, 2020
Dfazz:
Please any advice on cost of living in Huddersfield, how easily and quickly can one get a student job as well as job for a dependant (spouse).
Can one get a cheap apartment very close to the university
And which other city close to huddersfield can a dependant look out for a job in an event (spouse) is unable to secure a job quickly

Cost of living depends on how you cut & sew your coat.
If you are not selective, you will be able to get job quickly but Covid 19 is making job a bit difficult to get.
Getting a cheap apartment, you can search on spareroom.co.uk and put in Huddersfield, you will see prices of apartment. For you and your spouse, just budget about £500 but is advisable you go for studio flat once you and your spouse are working.
Closest city to Huddersfield with more job opportunities is Leeds. Is less than 30mins on train and a day ticket cost you < £10.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Phenmeson(m): 3:06am On May 24, 2020
Tolextonia:
Please any advice on cost of living in Sheffield, how easily and quickly can one get a student job as well as job for a dependant (spouse).
Can one get a cheap apartment (or studio apartment) very close to the university or within the city center?

Cost of living depends on how you spend but as a self funding student, you can manage to live less than £600 monthly.
For jobs, upload Yur CV on job site reed.co.uk,totaljobs.com,cv-library.co.uk e.t.c to apply for jobs.
Cheap apartments, search spareroom.co.uk for double rooms or Zoopla.co.uk for studio/1bedroom flat. For flats, just be aware that your monthly additional bills will be over £300(water, energy, council tax, Internet e.t.c)

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:34am On May 24, 2020
Just a side note. Students are exempted from paying council tax *

Phenmeson:

Cost of living depends on how you spend but as a self funding student, you can manage to live less than £600 monthly.
For jobs, upload Yur CV on job site reed.co.uk,totaljobs.com,cv-library.co.uk e.t.c to apply for jobs.
Cheap apartments, search spareroom.co.uk for double rooms or Zoopla.co.uk for studio/1bedroom flat. For flats, just be aware that your monthly additional bills will be over £300(water, energy, council tax, Internet e.t.c)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:36am On May 24, 2020
You are just a case ......

Skymoore1004:
Anyone going to Togo?
Cotonu nko?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.