Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091890 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Chukauche444: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2020
Did my Biometric since 11sept not heard from them till now pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2020
Will Visa refusal be indicated in the Decision email or it will be in the letter with the passport? Thanks.
@mimilyrics, @justwise and others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tadebisi: 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
orbie11:

Same boat but Lagos. Have you booked now.? Kindly share how.

Why don’t you send a mail to them instead. I did and I got a closer date. They responded to the mail in less than two working days.
Iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int That’s for Lagos center
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by vick49: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good evening House...

Can a decision be made without them sending mail that a decision has been made on application

UKVI said a decision has been made since yesterday but I haven’t gotten any mail on that and application is still with DMC....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
vick49:
Good evening House...

Can a decision be made without them sending mail that a decision has been made on application

UKVI said a decision has been made since yesterday but I haven’t gotten any mail on that and application is still with DMC....

It depends. When was your biometrics?

I noticed it’s only ukvi Pretoria that sends decision mail. Ukvi Sheffield doesn’t send

And I think ukvi Pretoria only started making decisions on our application on 7th sept

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please how much is from Lagos to Glasgow via BA? Or any link to help me check?

Onces again congrats to us all and those expecting dias.. I assure u guys, u all would cm back and testify

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2020
Hello people, please I am in the UK already, I would like to convert dollars to pounds.Can anyone help me pls
@ Omopapa and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2020
How do I get discount from BA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Shegmoon: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2020
People of God.

Please I need email address for UKVI Sheffield.

Please help...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by EmemKingsleyU: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2020
Mma24:
Goodmorning Gurus in the house. My Question may seem odd please pardon me...**first time traveller**

I am currently packing my stuff to travel by Saturday, but I still feel somethings are missing from my packing list undecided undecided.

Please those in UK iindly share some very important items/ things I should do, know and buy here in Nigeria before travelling to UK. Your little input means alot.

Malaria drug. Incase you fall sick here, especially this period of Corvid. It will help keep you out of hospital.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2020
Mma24:
Goodmorning Gurus in the house. My Question may seem odd please pardon me...**first time traveller**

I am currently packing my stuff to travel by Saturday, but I still feel somethings are missing from my packing list undecided undecided.

Please those in UK iindly share some very important items/ things I should do, know and buy here in Nigeria before travelling to UK. Your little input means alot.

Which airline?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please I need urgent help ooh. How do I get the student discount with BA?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by jidluk: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
My People, after receipt of Visa. Can the money in the account be touched? Hope they do not ask for it at the UK border? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ykaa(m): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2020
CELEBRATING THE SMALL WINS

I was able to submit my visa application earlier today. It was really nice sorting out the IHS fees and visa application fees via Paga and Paga verve respectively. Many thanks to the forerunners who recommended paying with Paga and Paga verve. I was charged N383 per $. That's quite pocket-friendly in comparison to most other alternatives.

mypaga.com

A QUICK GUIDE FOR THOSE YET TO PAY THEIR FEES

I created an account on mypaga.com

I was asked to send some of my details via email for KYC. There are different levels of KYC 1-3 with different daily transaction limits (KYC level 3 is unlimited).

I transferred the sufficient amount of money in naira to my Paga account.

When I wanted to pay for the IHS fees ($1849.5), I chose the Paga option and I was directed to my Paga account. I was charged N708,358.50 for the transaction.

For the visa application fee ($465), I chose the Paga verve option and I used my MasterCard. I was charged N178,095 for that.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by blessedgeorgeus(m): 6:03pm On Oct 06, 2020
jidluk:
My People, after receipt of Visa. Can the money in the account be touched? Hope they do not ask for it at the UK border? Thanks.

All case are not same...... depend on what happen at POE.... Usually they dont asked .... but again .... it is advisable to leave the money in the account.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2020
natstryker:
i have classes on wednesday, thursday and friday. so if i am going from benin to abuja to collect or even leaving here to the uk I can only go on a weekend so i wont be marked absent for a class again.

Okay i understand now. I thought there was something special with weekend flights. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 6:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
Google “money shop” around you and take it there, they will exchange it for you

Luseyi:
Hello people, please I am in the UK already, I would like to convert dollars to pounds.Can anyone help me pls
@ Omopapa and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please, which bank is giving PTA? I have approached a number of them today and they keep saying they don't have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fatima04: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please is anyone experiencing error mesaage while trying to pay for IHS for child dependant. Or have they stopped people in the UK from making payment on behalf applicants.

This has happened severally now and UKVI is of no help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
utaraji:
How do I get discount from BA?

I got Lagos to London student fare for 276k via wakanow.

You have to call the customer service to book and pray you are connected to a person that is up to date not the ones that will tell you that the student fare is only for part time student below 30 years of age.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by unclepopo2(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good evening guys, I'm new on this platform and I'm giving UK a shot. Please can someone help with a reference letter format both for academia and work place. Godbless ��
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pls what is the best way to get to Glasgow?

And suggestion please?

More so, what is d range of cost...pls needed urgently
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 7:27pm On Oct 06, 2020
Pls which email did you use to contact them. I submitted my passport for correction on my name since last week. Nothing till now from tls, and ukvi sent mail that my passport has been sent... which email did use. always the last mail from TSL that determines...for those all who have collected, 2 mails usually drops from them collection of passport and UKVI assessment confirmation. In one of the email, they usually have heading like "Your Travel and supporting document is ready"
Like this
Your travel document and supporting documents are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. Please read carefully the below instruction to retrieve your document.quote author=dami24 post=94660627]

Tier 4 visa? I thought it’s only visit visa that they attach the refusal to the decision mail[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
Cigbojugha:

You have to call the customer service to book and pray you are connected to a person that is up to date not the ones that will tell you that the student fare is only for part time student below 30 years of age.

Thanks bro. To and fro?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by seunidris(f): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good evening same here, mine is even correction, I got my visa but my surname was wrongly spelt. Got mail form ukvi last Friday that is ready, nothing from TLS till this moment...... 4]Good evening House...

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by starboychan: 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2020
Meet registered BDCs

Ibromoney:
Please, which bank is giving PTA? I have approached a number of them today and they keep saying they don't have.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2020
Cigbojugha:

Odogwu I got someone that listed all the long list blabla. cry The cheapest I can see on wakanow site is about 400k plus to and fro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 8:04pm On Oct 06, 2020
Please for those who have collected what is original photographic ID
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cigbojugha: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2020
utaraji:

Odogwu I got someone that listed all the long list blabla. cry The cheapest I can see on wakanow site is about 400k plus to and fro

Mine is for one way. And scheduled for 10th Oct.

Call them again and this time when they connect you to a call person request to speak with Annabel. She did mine for me if she is busy on another call you can also request to speak with Arion she is also up to date.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2020
natstryker:
Please for those who have collected what is original photographic ID

The copy of your passport attached to your collection slip will suffice.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Omoogun01: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good day house, you are doing amazing work here. Thanks to the founder.
Please I quickly need your candid advice.
I want to submit applications for me and my wife. I'm going for my msc program. I'm the main applicant tho, I had a visiting Visa rejection in 2018 at UK embassy, Germany in 2016 and Portugal in 2017, please do I need to declare all these in application, also, In 2016, the agent I used for German visit visa did wedding certificate for me in 2016, my visa was refused tho, in 2018, i submitted thesame wedding certificate for UK visa which was refused. I read abt the guy that was talking abt wedding certificate case last week, so, I decided to go Ikeja registry to confirm my wedding certificate today, they said, they don't have the record. Fear catch me, they advise me to do another one which would be registered with thesame lady tho .
My question is, is it possible for me to submit another wedding certificate that would different to the one I submitted in 2018, is it save?
I've done news paper change of my wife already bcus I ve been using the certificate like that since, or what should I do please, I want to submit application before Friday. I have a kid with thesame girl but I'm going with my wife alone.
At ikeja registry. They asked to do a real wedding now. And I've done engagement and introduction in 2016 with the believe I had wedding certificate.

Help with advice and step to take plss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Olly10: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2020
[quote author=Ibromoney post=94674452]Please, which bank is giving PTA? I have approached a number of them today and they keep saying they don't have. [/quote

Co-ask oo. Been looking for banks giving PTA with one way ticket

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.