Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091615 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:54am On Oct 07, 2020
For self-upload, you don't need to go with it, just upload before your appointment but for assisted service, go with the original bank statement.
pwettyhardey:
Good evening people
Please for anyone that has used paga verve of recent please how much do they charge per £?

Also going to Visa office, would I have to go with the original copy of bank statement or just scanned copy is fine as I'm using my parents account and we aren't in the same place

@lagosismyhome @mamacajah @guyfromhr @mimilyrics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by browneyes7(f): 10:55am On Oct 07, 2020
So here is my story.....

Biometric and interview - 27th August Ikeja
Dependant- 28th of August

Got my passport back with VISA in it Sept 22nd

Got a decision mail for my Dependant on Thursday
(24th of Sept). A refusal mail. In the mail the ECO stated that (basically that she didn't see any reason for my husband not apply with us and why I'm going alone with the child in the consent letter).

*I remember asking @Justwise and @mimilyrics about how to apply since my Husband works and leave in the US and won't be applying with us and they both gave me the best advice but unfortunately that happened.

Immediately I applied again this time with her Nigerian passport with help and advice from friends and thorough thinking on how to reapply.

So this time we decided to write the consent letter,(repeated the initial reasons) but this time boldly so the ECO can see it at first glance. Because I assumed she didn't read the consent letter or probably didn't read the part where I said he works and live in the US, sha with some other reasonable and truthful reasons including pictures).

I reapplied, paid for priority on Sunday 28th of September,(All this while we were waiting for the passport we used for initial application, *US passport). So she did biometric and submitted on Monday 29th

Then we made a call to UKVI on Monday 29th to escalate and return the first passport.I received the passport the next day Tuesday 30th of sept.

Decision mail - OCT 2nd (for the new application)
Collection - 5th of Oct with VISA sitting pretty in the passport (Nigerian Passport).

Alhamdulillaah!Alhamdulillaah!!Alhamdulillaah!!!

Please forgive me if find errors in the write up.

Thank you @Justwise and @Mimilyrics and everybody

19 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2020
mimilyrics:
Start your count from the next day.

Thanks a lot.

Transferred to VAC. I should expect the visa today

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sebtagoon: 11:04am On Oct 07, 2020
Sebtagoon:
Biometrics:16th of september, Abuja,
Finally got my decision mail from UKVI today
Hopfully i get my passport back in the next 2 days,
WITH VISA INSIDE IN JESUS NAME!!!

Update:
My application has been transferred to VAC
Hopefully Pick up by tomorrow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2020
cdaniel:
Praise the Lord!!!

Finally, my visa arrived after 6 good weeks of waiting.

Application submitted: 27th July

1st Appointment for Interview/Biometrics; 18th August at Ikeja TLS (Due ro defaced passport, I couldn't submit)

New date for Interview/biometrics: 26th August

On tracker, application moved to DMC: 26th August

Deferred Complex email: 10th September

Sent email to UKVI for enquiries: 28th September (After 24 hours, I received a response of waiting for next 15 working days)

Called UKVI: 29th September (was given same timeline of 15 working days)

I gave the School permission to contact UKVI: 2nd October.

School confirmed they have gotten in touch with UKVI: 5th October.

On tracker, application moved to VAC : 6th October

On tracker, application received at VAC: 6th October

Mail for pickup dropped: 6th October by 1:14pm

Pasport Collected: 6th October by 3pm

The stamp on the visa carried 30th of September.

Meanwhile, I have previously travelled to the Uk, USA and SA on visiting visas, also, I have been denied visa once for USA visiting visa and Canada study visa( All were declared in the application with reasons).

I want to say thank you to everyone on this platform who has been of help to me and all other applicants, may GOD bless and reward you abundantly.

The place of prayer in all of these cannot be over emphasized.

I want to encourage everyone that after you have done your best, leave the rest for GOD in the place of prayer.

It was not easy wait at all, but thank GOD it all ended in praise!!!

Edinburgh, here I come!!!

Congratulations!
Your testimony has given me hope...
The Good Lord that's done yours, will do mine and everyone waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 11:07am On Oct 07, 2020
kelly24:
please who can list universities in UK that accepts just 1k pounds as tuition deposit?

Sheffield Hallam University accepts 1000GBP tuition deposit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2020
I said the same thing and I am presently staying at my sister place for my 14days quarantine grin
Flezi1:
In my application I stated that I have a family in the UK. But I also stated I would be renting a place to stay. I ticked I would not be staying with family. If I decide to stay with the family I stated on my application, for my quarantine, would this be an issue? Any advise from someone with same experience would be appreciated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2020
Please has any 18th September receive a decision mail( standard)?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lollymii: 11:43am On Oct 07, 2020
My fellow people in the mission praise God!
Application Submission 16th Sept
Biometrics 21st Sept
Decision mail 7th of oct
Family of 4

Std VI chapter

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:52am On Oct 07, 2020
Day 1 , is the next day after Biometrics.
Even though you could experience speed and have 3 steps done on biometrics day.
ashieduplus:
Hi everyone.
Please do we begin counting the processing days from the date of the biometrics or from the day after?

I'm asking because I paid for a priority visa on Wednesday 30 September. Right now the tracking still says transferred to DMC.

I put a call to UKVI and a decision has been made..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ayinke123(f): 11:53am On Oct 07, 2020
lollymii:
My fellow people in the mission praise God!
Application Submission 16th Sept
Biometrics 21st Sept
Decision mail 7th of oct
Family of 4

Std VI chapter

Congratulations, your decision was quite fast for standard visa oooo. I envy you

Any 17th of Sept in the house with a decision mail?

P
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2020
Micro finance Bank is accepted so long as its CBN approved.
Relax.
umaga1991:
Good day everyone.. I’m in the process of funding my account, my dad has his money in a CBN approved micro finance bank. I heard someone saying they won’t accept micro finance bank even if it was approved by CBN but you know how parents are, I had a serious argument with my dad this morning and he said bank is bank so far it is being recognized by CBN. Please can I use a micro finance bank account statement for UK student visa?? Urgent and sure response please. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Patience212: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2020
Mobilipia:

Not yet o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lollymii: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
ayinke123:

Congratulations, your decision was quite fast for standard visa oooo. I envy you

P
Thank you God is good , yours coming very soon positive news for us all�

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LegitBoyy: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please has January students receiving CAS? I don't have admission yet, I want to be sure I can still meet up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 07, 2020
I called wakanow I was sent account numbers to pay into. Is that how it works?

Guys anyone booked through wakanow by calling their agent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by misca(m): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Faithful God has done it!!!

Application: 24th August
Biometrics: 7th Sept (The day the stopped Interview on site)
Non straightforward mail: 14 Sept
2nd non straightforward mail: 30th Sept
Paid call to UKVI: 1st Oct
Decision mail: 2nd October
DHL delivery : 7th Oct

Family of 4. Visas granted to the glory of God!
It could only have been God. Their is a testimony to this story that men will not understand.

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mekanta7(m): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please can someone recommend schools that doesn't require tuition deposit before visa application. I'm going for masters in business.

Also any cheap culinary school too..

Please my good people help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
mekanta7:
Please can someone recommend schools that doesn't require tuition deposit before visa application. I'm going for masters in business.

Also any cheap culinary school too..

Please my good people help
hmm..to the best of my knowledge, that only happens in Canada.. not UK
for culinary schools, I'm afraid you need to do more research..and give us more information..
so which are you going for ..business or culinary?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Sebtagoon:

Update:
My application has been transferred to VAC
Hopefully Pick up by tomorrow
Looks like I'm the only 17th and I haven't gotten any email whatsoever embarassed cry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mobilipia:
17th and I haven't at all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
ayinke123:

P
Not yet, you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by anihelin(f): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Mobilipia:
I am also 18th September and nothing yet. Abuja VAC standard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dami24(f): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Visa! Visa!! Visa!!!

My people Visa

My visa is here.

Application submission 4th September
Biometrics 14th September Abuja TLS
Decision mail 5th october
Collection mail 6th October
Delivered by dhl to Portharcourt today

I had a tier 4 visa refusal in January 2020 which I declared
Today my joy is full

All those waiting for their visas shall receive theirs too Amen!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nadheer15: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2020
dami24:
Visa! Visa!! Visa!!!

My people Visa

My visa is here.

Application submission 4th September
Biometrics 14th September Abuja TLS
Decision mail 5th october
Collection mail 6th October
Delivered by dhl to Portharcourt today

I had a tier 4 visa refusal in January 2020 which I declared
Today my joy is full

All those waiting for their visas shall receive theirs too Amen!

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ayinke123(f): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
Nadheer15:
Not yet, you?

You are not alone, i am also for 17th yet to receive any mail

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mekanta7(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2020
mamacajah:

hmm..to the best of my knowledge, that only happens in Canada.. not UK
for culinary schools, I'm afraid you need to do more research..and give us more information..
so which are you going for ..business or culinary?

I have Bsc in Marketing. I would like to go for Msc in Management or start a fresh Culinary course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by MamaG2020: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2020
Visa granted.

Application 15th August
Biometric 25th Aug
Non straight forward mail 9th Sept
Second interview 14th Sept.

Pick up mail 05th oct.

Visa picked up 6th Oct

I made mistake in my bank statement it captured 26days backwards from the date of online visa application submission.

I give God all the glory.

I thank @mimyric, @solarinde and others

11 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sarahsarah: 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello everyone, please can someone Kindly send me the link to tracking tier 4 visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hello everyone

Has anyone used Turkish airline of recent and is covid test required?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by faks10: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please did anyone get decision mail yesterday and have gotten pick up mail from ikeja TLS today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by fabulous05(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Please why is Pretoria issuing out 1year visa for tier 4 students, I thought it was supposed to be 3yrs visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.