Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091943 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lovesavvi: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
My School Is Hertfordshire, and I have a family friend in Manchester that want to pick me up at London Heathrow . Can I quarantine in Manchester before go back to my school.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
What airline is this as it is quite strange for the airline to request for a yellow card.

Preshnificient:
Good evening house.

Please this is a bit urgent. Has anyone done the yellow card at the MM2 office recently? My airline said it's compulsory and I have only tomorrow to obtain the card.

I just want information on anything that can make it faster. Do I need to get there very early? Are they other places I can do it? Someone please help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yes.

lovesavvi:
My School Is Hertfordshire, and I have a family friend in Manchester that want to pick me up at London Heathrow . Can I quarantine in Manchester before go back to my school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ok thanks
Bourne007:
Yes it does

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
I be don fear o..
LagosismyHome:

Then that was billed in error .... maternity should be free for students
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by firstLadyy: 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ok thanks
Ibromoney:

It covers it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
13 hours
Iamslickp:
How many hours is your layover
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 11:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
toyclicks:
Yeah!
@Skycharges, Right there. Hope you are clear

Ohk..see the thing, my final destination is Glasgow but would land in London first den after some hours would.take my connecting flight to Glasgow...

The question is what time would u arrive UK and in this case, London and Glasgow are both in UK..so which of the time an I putting cos it will be checked in London I guess
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
Why would you be going to Maiduguri then face Port Harcourt?
Herts is just minutes away from London, why go to Manchie (outside London) then come back?
My opinion tho'.
lovesavvi:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
Congrats.
But I'd like to say "Getting sent back by TLS for defacing your passport" isn't the issue. The main thing is praying that the immigration guy checking you out is not mad....it's an immigration offense for your passport to be defaced against your country and you could be held down, delayed and even fined.
Plus the only place to rectify is Abuja Immigrations office.
Just pray.

Kenaya17:
I got my Visa.

first and foremost I read someone say he had a defaced passport and was sent back. I have a defaced passport as well...but I bless God it scaled thru.

then most importantly, I am the woman that

mentioned I didn't include my children's names in my application. but to the glory of God... I was called for a second interview and while it was going on, she asked do you have children I said yes...and I told her I didn't mention them in my application because I thot since they were not financially dependent on me...and then she said okay since you have mentioned it...when you want them to come over just make an explanation..you will be fine.

glory to God. He's Faithful.

thanks everyone...for all those waiting, God will do it.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
Dem hustle pass you
Bourne007:
UKVI self dey hustle na grin... All na make kishi enter account wink

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zoey1: 11:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
UK Uni isn't like others.
To change course you must come back to 9ja....you can't just move to another school because the first school gave the Sponsorship that earned you the visa.
So if moving to another school, you would get the sponsorship(CAS) from new school and applied again.
just4obitex:
Hello @mimilyrics @justwise @ other gurus in the house please my friend is having a situation in the UK.
He studied chemistry here in Nigeria and applied for a course thats more of mechanical engineering. An agent helped him get a course. and he's travelled and discovered that they re three in the dept. He's noticed that the guys are all grounded in mechanical engineering and that even the assignments are not child's play, so he's asking if there's a way he can change his course now that he's already in the UK. Thanks for your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by PtBlank: 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Congrats bro
Donracy:
VISA VISA ALERT

I finally picked up my passport with the visa in it after 36 calendar days and 26 working days..

God came through when it seems everything won't work out.

I started from the Part 3 of this thread and I said I must testify before the end of Part 4 with faith and God did it.

He makes everything beautiful in its TIME.

Thanks to those who selflessly brought out their time to share knowledge, Jah bless..

Keep trusting.

For those still waiting, may God come through for each and every one of you.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 12:12am On Oct 09, 2020
Gurus in d house...has anyone travelled to UK via BA within Tues till today dis week?

Was Covid test result asked? Some said its necessary...come d put unnecessary fear for my body...my flight na tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 12:31am On Oct 09, 2020
Anyone heading to Leeds Beckett in January?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2020
mumsjoy:
Hello Everyone. It is really great to be here. Pls anyone for Jan 2021 Msc in Bournemouth University

Am caught between Bournemouth and Leeds beckett for Jan. What course you going for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Santa2: 12:33am On Oct 09, 2020
Donracy:
VISA VISA ALERT

I finally picked up my passport with the visa in it after 36 calendar days and 26 working days..

God came through when it seems everything won't work out.

I started from the Part 3 of this thread and I said I must testify before the end of Part 4 with faith and God did it.

He makes everything beautiful in its TIME.

Thanks to those who selflessly brought out their time to share knowledge, Jah bless..

Keep trusting.

For those still waiting, may God come through for each and every one of you.

Amen.
I recall when you were finding out about tb test or not for Dubai..Congrats Man!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheOnly123: 12:45am On Oct 09, 2020
Not required.

Skycharges:
Gurus in d house...has anyone travelled to UK via BA within Tues till today dis week?

Was Covid test result asked? Some said its necessary...come d put unnecessary fear for my body...my flight na tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DRscience(f): 12:47am On Oct 09, 2020
pitman10:

Yes I just applied for January intake
Kindly check your email. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 12:48am On Oct 09, 2020
If he decides to change to another course within Same uni and same faculty, they might consider

just4obitex:
Hello @mimilyrics @justwise @ other gurus in the house please my friend is having a situation in the UK.
He studied chemistry here in Nigeria and applied for a course thats more of mechanical engineering. An agent helped him get a course. and he's travelled and discovered that they re three in the dept. He's noticed that the guys are all grounded in mechanical engineering and that even the assignments are not child's play, so he's asking if there's a way he can change his course now that he's already in the UK. Thanks for your time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by DRscience(f): 12:49am On Oct 09, 2020
pitman10:

Yes I just applied for January intake
What course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mercifiedlady: 12:54am On Oct 09, 2020
Visa! Visa!! Visa!!!

I've been a silent reader on this thread for a long time and it has been so helpful all through my application process.
Application submitted on the 26th Sep
Biometrics..... 29th of Sep
Decision email .....5th of Oct
Collection email and pick up..... 7th of Oct

Thanks to everyone here @mimilyrics. You are one in a million.
@justwise I hail. God bless you all.

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by ametu166(m): 2:55am On Oct 09, 2020
Tinadear:
Good day everyone, I don come again oo
I applied to University of Huddersfield about two weeks ago, I haven't heard from them. Plz can I mail the school about my admission processing or wait. I am on edge don't wanna loose this January session. Thou I have offer from University of Roehampton which I haven't accept because of HUD. Kindly advise biko

Please can I get your number or email?
I need guide on areas and questions to ask.
I also applied for huddersfeild. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lovesavvi: 3:41am On Oct 09, 2020
Zoey1:
Why would you be going to Maiduguri then face Port Harcourt?
Herts is just minutes away from London, why go to Manchie (outside London) then come back?
My opinion tho'.
Thanks for your opinion, just to stay there with family friend for the two weeks quarantine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 3:50am On Oct 09, 2020
Ibromoney:
Does anyone know if Kenya Airways offers free hotel for long layover like that of Egyptair in Cairo? Thanks.
No hotel, you do your layover in the airport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by reincarnation: 3:57am On Oct 09, 2020
Zoey1:
UK Uni isn't like others.
To change course you must come back to 9ja....you can't just move to another school because the first school gave the Sponsorship that earned you the visa.
So if moving to another school, you would get the sponsorship(CAS) from new school and applied again.
This is wrong. You can change course, and you don't need to return to Nigeria.
Where did he mention changing school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 4:37am On Oct 09, 2020
Santa2:

Am caught between Bournemouth and Leeds beckett for Jan. What course you going for?

International Accounting and Finance.

For you to be cut inbetween means u haven't paid ur deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mumsjoy: 4:40am On Oct 09, 2020
Mercifiedlady:
Visa! Visa!! Visa!!!

I've been a silent reader on this thread for a long time and it has been so helpful all through my application process.

Congratulations to you.

Please was it Standard? Outcome seems to be very fast.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Beebaby88: 4:55am On Oct 09, 2020
I have come to share my testimony. I said I will testify too..its been such a long journey but God is ever faithful.
Biometrics and interview 26th August. Non straight forward mail 14th sept. Got another mail on the 15th saying they will call me for another interview on the 16th sept. Interview lasted 53mins plus. Like a week after the interview I didnt hear from them, my friend who introduced me to this thread Bukie asked me to send them a mail. 24th sept I sent a mail and they responded that I told them I have study leave from work i should show evidence and i mentioned my dad is my sponsor but the money is my account i should show evidence of how he accrued the funds.
That threw me off.. my friend Bukie brought the case here and we took the advice of showing landed property since the money didnt come directly from popsi.. I submitted the deed of assignment,my bank statement of march because that is how long the money has been in my account and all my work documents and popsi' details on the 24th of sept. They gave me 2 working days which was friday and monday so I submitted all on 28th sept and another long wait. On monday Bukie said babe call these people someone on nairaland has the same time line with you. So I sent a mail and they said a decision has been made. Tuesday morning TLs sent a mail. I started tracking.. I lost sleep..yesterday she called me I should just go to DHL office and close work with them. We were all nervous
I got to DHL just about the time the delivery guy came in from Port Harcourt..got my parcel.. I couldnt wait to see the inside.. Visa granted since 03 oct.. God be praised
I declared my visa refusal of 2018 and felt that was the reason I was been questioned because of the amount of money in that account when I was refused.
Thanks to everyone on here and especially to Bukie. See you all at the top..

23 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 5:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Mercifiedlady:
Visa! Visa!! Visa!!!

priority or standard? A very big congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by just4obitex(m): 5:08am On Oct 09, 2020
omopapa:
If he decides to change to another course within Same uni and same faculty, they might consider

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bimbodelebite: 5:10am On Oct 09, 2020
lovesavvi:
Thanks for your opinion, just to stay there with family friend for the two weeks quarantine.

Don't give the immigration reasons to suspect you, Manchester is too far away for quarantine,get hotel in Luton, Watford,steavenage andLondon to isolate,the covid19 is bringing panick to UK now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.